Post Reply 715 posts
2013 Wishlists
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: 2013 Wishlists

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:09 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Yeah, that would be a solid lineup! Did you count my list? I didn't actually post it I just have it in my sig. No repeats there either! Well done pplz!

Yep!! Totally included all your list ;)

Excellent. I wonder how far off that is! I see a bunch of bands there that are pretty likely. Right before we go on the next one necro this thread so we can make comparisons.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:10 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Latest update - including new wishlists, and The Sultan's Kreator request :)

12 - Kreator, King Diamond/Merciful Fate, Immortal, Helloween
    11 - Running Wild, Hypocrisy
    09 - Accept
    08 - Arkona
    07 - Turisas, Symphony X, Opeth, Kalmah, Enslaved, Arch Enemy
    06 - UneXpect, Powerwolf, Madder Mortem, Heathen, Devin Townsend, Crimson Glory, Bolt Thrower
    05 - Within Temptation, W.A.S.P, Septic Flesh, Satyricon, Rotting Christ, Rhapsody of Fire, Paradise Lost, Heidevolk, Falconer, Dethklok, At the Gates, Anthrax, Agalloch

34 bands with 5 requests or more. Give me those 34 and a few fillers, and count me in :heavydrink:

That would be one helluva lineup indeed. It's works fine for 70K due to variety, but not so much for Barge. If I whittled it down for BTH, it would look like:

12 - Kreator, King Diamond/Merciful Fate, Immortal
    11 - Hypocrisy
    09 - Accept
    08 - Arkona
    07 - Opeth, Kalmah, Enslaved, Arch Enemy
    06 - UneXpect, Powerwolf, Madder Mortem, Heathen, Bolt Thrower
    05 - Septic Flesh, Satyricon, Rotting Christ, Paradise Lost, Dethklok, At the Gates, Anthrax, Agalloch

I'm of the belief that kick ass old school metal, which is generally loved by the "extreme fan", definitely fits in there. Powerwolf also fits the theme for me. Not a huge or rabid fan, but the makeup and subject matter would fit right in.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:12 pm

Statsman... your compiled list has a disheartening lack of Ne Obliviscaris :cry:
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Invective
    Oiler

by Invective » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:13 pm

Artillery
    Flotsam and Jetsam
    Bloodbath
    Sacrifice!
    Kreator!
    Gama Bomb
    Striker
    ACCEPT!!!
    Demons and Wizards!!
    Sacred Reich!
    Dekapitator/Exhumed
    Hobbs' Angel of Death
    Into Eternity
    Zimmers Hole (would be HILARIOUS on board!!)
    Pentagram (hopefully they rebook!)
    Razor!
    RIGOR MORTIS!
    Heathen
    Hail of Bullets/Asphyx

one repeat - BLIND GUARDIAN! They should be the house band!

The number one bad I know would never get added but I would probably DIE if they did - TENACIOUS D. Could you imagine?!!?
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:17 pm

Invective wrote: - TENACIOUS D. Could you imagine?!!?

Well they would be fun, but I don't actually spend time daydreaming about the possibility.

Does that answer your question ? :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Invective
    Oiler

by Invective » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:20 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Invective wrote: - TENACIOUS D. Could you imagine?!!?

Well they would be fun, but I don't actually spend time daydreaming about the possibility.

Does that answer your question ? :mrgreen:

Your loins don't quiver for Jack Black?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:22 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Statsman... your compiled list has a disheartening lack of Ne Obliviscaris :cry:

Your's is the only vote so far - you need to pimp 'em harder :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:23 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Statsman... your compiled list has a disheartening lack of Ne Obliviscaris :cry:

Knew I forgot someone, just added to my list ;)

Invective wrote:The number one bad I know would never get added but I would probably DIE if they did - TENACIOUS D. Could you imagine?!!?

Fuck yeah, new album coming out this year, I imagine they'll be touring. I would LOVE to see this band. Hanging with Jack Black would be awesome too.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:24 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Knew I forgot someone, just added to my list ;)

good man! and I think I neglected Myrath on mine... time to fix
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Cool - made note of all that. Will probably update the listing on a daily basis from now on depending on how many wishlists and how often that people post.

And for doing this all I ask is....

:givebeer:

:D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:56 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Cool - made note of all that. Will probably update the listing on a daily basis from now on depending on how many wishlists and how often that people post.

And for doing this all I ask is....

:givebeer:

:D

Don't work too hard statsman. Unless your at work, in which case spend as much time on these forums as you'd like :D
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:12 pm

Stained Class wrote:Fuck yeah, new album coming out this year, I imagine they'll be touring. I would LOVE to see this band. Hanging with Jack Black would be awesome too.

That would be awesome but Jack Black would be harrassed everywhere he goes on the boat. He seems like the type of person that would be ok with it though.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:33 pm

Jebus_Cripes wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Fuck yeah, new album coming out this year, I imagine they'll be touring. I would LOVE to see this band. Hanging with Jack Black would be awesome too.

That would be awesome but Jack Black would be harrassed everywhere he goes on the boat. He seems like the type of person that would be ok with it though.

Yeah, well the thing is I'm not sure he would be that much more well known than Corpsegrinder, I mean most of everyone on the boat probably knew what he looks like. We're pretty chill too so we wouldn't be like tackling him and trying to steal bits of his hair. He's very outgoing so I'm sure he'd be fine.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:17 pm

Lacuna Coil
    Avantasia
    Allen & Lande
    Nightwish
    Tarot
    Within Temptation
    Sons of Seasons
    Epica
    Sonata Arctica
    Iced Earth
    Symphony X
    Syrens Call
    Apocalyptica
    Dimmu Borgir
    Powerwolf
    Helloween
    Northern Kings
    Delain
    Therion
    Eluveitie
    Mago de Oz
    Disturbed

:viking: :viking: :viking:
    Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:54 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Invective wrote:The number one bad I know would never get added but I would probably DIE if they did - TENACIOUS D. Could you imagine?!!?

Fuck yeah, new album coming out this year, I imagine they'll be touring. I would LOVE to see this band. Hanging with Jack Black would be awesome too.

That would be awesome. Jack Black would have a blast on the ship :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:31 pm

My list begins.
    Accept
    Anvil
    Apocalyptica
    Arkona
    Avantasia
    Krokus
    Immortal
    Rage Against the Machine
    Opeth
    Scorpions
    TOOL
    Within Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:54 pm

*update*

13 - Helloween, Immortal, Kreator
    12 - King Diamond/Merciful Fate
    11 - Accept, Hypocrisy, Running Wild
    09 - Arkona
    08 - Opeth, Symphony X
    07 - Arch Enemy, Enslaved, Heathen, Kalmah, Powerwolf, Turisas, Within Temptation
    06 - Bolt Thrower, Crimson Glory, Devin Townsend/SYL, Madder Mortem, UneXpect
    05 - Agalloch, Anthrax, Anvil, Artillery, At The Gates, Demons & Wizards, Dethklok, Falconer, Heidevolk, Paradise Lost, Pentagram, Rhapsody of Fire, Rotting Christ, Satyricon, Septic Flesh, W.A.S.P.

38 bands now - almost a full boat :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Feb 08, 2012 5:57 pm

cowboy71 wrote:*update*

09 - Arkona
    08 - Opeth, Symphony X
    07 - Arch Enemy, Enslaved, Heathen, Kalmah, Powerwolf, Turisas, Within Temptation
    05 - Agalloch, Anthrax, Anvil, Artillery, At The Gates, Demons & Wizards, Dethklok, Falconer, Heidevolk, Paradise Lost, Pentagram, Rhapsody of Fire, Rotting Christ, Satyricon, Septic Flesh, W.A.S.P.

Now all Andy has to do is start making phone calls!
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:10 pm

KevinP wrote:Quite happy to see MADDER MORTEM with 6 requests.

And just think, if Wizardbeast used all her energy for pimping them, as opposed to her useless banter with the MCM and that dude who likes shitty sports teams, the would get even more "play". :lol:

And the only reason Menmoch doesn't like Unexpect is that he likes his female singers overly sappy to the Nth degree :P

I think you're jealous. It's okay! you can join our witty banter anytime! :mrgreen:

Memnoch wrote:You didn't have any earplugs. :mrgreen:
    And I thought I saw you pleasuring yourself in the kiddy pool during their set. :lol: A terrible thing to witness, it was. :cry:

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 08, 2012 7:25 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:*update*

09 - Arkona
    08 - Opeth, Symphony X

Now all Andy has to do is start making phone calls!

That's a really, really good cruise right there
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:58 pm

we need more people pimping MOTORHEAD ........ lol damn it :cheers: :beerhorns:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:58 am

My wishlist is the same as my signature, minus Moonsorrow and Overkill ;) I would love some repeats from 2011, but I guess it won't happen :(
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 09, 2012 7:50 am

MadameLePink wrote:My wishlist is the same as my signature, minus Moonsorrow and Overkill ;) I would love some repeats from 2011, but I guess it won't happen :(

Won't happen? I'd be amazed if it didn't happen.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:00 am

Stained Class wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:My wishlist is the same as my signature, minus Moonsorrow and Overkill ;) I would love some repeats from 2011, but I guess it won't happen :(

Same here. I expect a couple of repeats this time around.
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Thu Feb 09, 2012 9:58 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Same here. I expect a couple of repeats this time around.

Do you really think there will be repeats? I thought it was out of the question as there are many bands that would like to be onbroad :) Of course I would be thrilled if they announced Ensiferum, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Amon Amarth, Testament and Dark Tranquillity :cheers:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:04 am

I know this saddens Kevin, but I think Nightwish won't be onbroad next time, as I'd assume there will be no repeats from 2012. I too think there will be a couple of repeats from 2011.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:05 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Do you really think there will be repeats? I thought it was out of the question as there are many bands that would like to be onbroad :) Of course I would be thrilled if they announced Ensiferum, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Amon Amarth, Testament and Dark Tranquillity :cheers:

I'm not expecting a lot, just a couple. Many of the first cruise bands really want to play it again. I figure it would be easy to get them booked and Andy may even be able to give a couple of them a "lowball" offer to come back because they liked it so much. Could save some budget for headliner types. I wonder, with two cruises coming up to plan for, if UMC would be able to come to an agreement with 80+ new bands for those two events.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 09, 2012 10:19 am

I think it's typical practice for any festival not to have repeats from the previous year, but the year before could have some, except in the case of "house bands". If you look at Wacken there are a bunch of bands that basically play every second year, and then there's Subway To Sally who is the last band to play every year and they get fireworks and stuff.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:39 pm

gnoff wrote:Hypocrisy can play 6 times, since they weren't on 2011 or 2012

I won't ask for anything else, and I would be there!

:beerbang:

Only 6?
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:47 pm

nekrobarr wrote:
    gnoff wrote:Hypocrisy can play 6 times, since they weren't on 2011 or 2012

I won't ask for anything else, and I would be there!

:beerbang:

Only 6?

yeah, Gnoff... would you not enjoy Hypocruisey, where they play 80 sets?

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:06 pm

i would like me some pain or hypo... and the rest... it can be stolen... I WILL BE THERE AND I WILL ENJOY!!!!! woot
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:23 pm

Michaelage wrote:i would like me some pain or hypo... and the rest... it can be stolen... I WILL BE THERE AND I WILL ENJOY!!!!! woot

what's mama smitty's status ???
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:47 pm

Stained Class wrote:I think it's typical practice for any festival not to have repeats from the previous year, but the year before could have some, except in the case of "house bands". If you look at Wacken there are a bunch of bands that basically play every second year, and then there's Subway To Sally who is the last band to play every year and they get fireworks and stuff.

I know, but this is still a new festival and there are so many bands that haven't played there yet :) But we'll see what Andy thinks about that!

Beer and bananas!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:50 pm

gnoff wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:
    nekrobarr wrote:Only 6?

yeah, Gnoff... would you not enjoy Hypocruisey, where they play 80 sets?

If they play 24/7 that'd be cool, I might have to try coke, but for Hypocrisy that might be worth it?

Margarita & Red Bull every 3 hours.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 09, 2012 2:51 pm

MadameLePink wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:I think it's typical practice for any festival not to have repeats from the previous year, but the year before could have some, except in the case of "house bands". If you look at Wacken there are a bunch of bands that basically play every second year, and then there's Subway To Sally who is the last band to play every year and they get fireworks and stuff.

I know, but this is still a new festival and there are so many bands that haven't played there yet :) But we'll see what Andy thinks about that!

I imagine he will try to have as original of a line up as possible, but having bands from last year isn't off the table. Depends on how things work out, we very well could have a 100% new lineup! Which would be cool!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:47 pm

gnoff wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:yeah, Gnoff... would you not enjoy Hypocruisey, where they play 80 sets?

If they play 24/7 that'd be cool, I might have to try coke, but for Hypocrisy that might be worth it?

OOOOHHH NOOOO! you might become controlled by aliens after such an ordeal! Gnoff Tägtgren!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:08 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Do you really think there will be repeats? I thought it was out of the question as there are many bands that would like to be onbroad :) Of course I would be thrilled if they announced Ensiferum, Finntroll, Korpiklaani, Amon Amarth, Testament and Dark Tranquillity :cheers:

I'm not expecting a lot, just a couple. Many of the first cruise bands really want to play it again. I figure it would be easy to get them booked and Andy may even be able to give a couple of them a "lowball" offer to come back because they liked it so much. Could save some budget for headliner types. I wonder, with two cruises coming up to plan for, if UMC would be able to come to an agreement with 80+ new bands for those two events.

Yeah you raise some valid points.

I would have thought "wow finding ANOTHER 40 metal bands that enough people know about? impossible". That would have been before collating the following list though.

There are 500(!!) unique bands in the full list I've compiled of everyones' wishlists from this thread. 500! 315 with one vote, 88 with two, 39 with three, 18 with four, and the following 40 (yay we have a full boat LOL!) are all non-repeats (with a couple of repeat individuals - ie Jon Schaffer & Hansi, Fabio Leone):

09 - Arkona
    08 - Opeth, Symphony X, Turisas, Powerwolf
    07 - Arch Enemy, Enslaved, Heathen, Kalmah, Within Temptation
    06 - Bolt Thrower, Crimson Glory, Devin Townsend/SYL, Madder Mortem, UneXpect, Heidevolk
    05 - Agalloch, Anthrax, Anvil, Artillery, At The Gates, Demons & Wizards, Dethklok, Equillibrium, Falconer, Insomnium, Paradise Lost, Pentagram, Rhapsody of Fire, Rotting Christ, Satyricon, Septic Flesh, W.A.S.P.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:29 pm

Funnily enough - this list is actually TOO good for me :|

13 bands I would BADLY WANT to see twice, and 15 I would NEED to see at least once!! And a few I don't know of AT ALL that I may like after research.

Kind of cool that a list compiled from the collective minds of the forum could generate such an agreeable list for me.

What do others think?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 09, 2012 4:38 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Funnily enough - this list is actually TOO good for me :|

13 bands I would BADLY WANT to see twice, and 15 I would NEED to see at least once!! And a few I don't know of AT ALL that I may like after research.

Kind of cool that a list compiled from the collective minds of the forum could generate such an agreeable list for me.

What do others think?

I think that list would be great for everyone, seeing as the ones with the most votes ARE the ones that we all want to see ;)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Feb 09, 2012 6:43 pm

I'm just going to take the time to update this because there are quite a few here that I would love:

14 - Helloween
    13 - King Diamond/Merciful Fate, Immortal, Kreator
    12 - Accept, Running Wild
    11 - Hypocrisy
    10 - Arkona
    09 - Symphony X, Turisas, Powerwolf
    08 - Opeth, Kalmah
    07 - Bolt Thrower, Crimson Glory, Devin Townsend/SYL, Madder Mortem, Heidevolk, Arch Enemy, Enslaved, Heathen, Within Temptation
    06 - Demons & Wizards, Dethklok, Equillibrium, Falconer, Rhapsody of Fire, UneXpect, W.A.S.P.
    05 - Agalloch, Anthrax, Anvil, Artillery, At The Gates, Insomnium, Paradise Lost, Pentagram, Rotting Christ, Satyricon, Septic Flesh

Damn that took way too much work...

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
Post Reply 715 posts