Post Reply 174 posts
Which are you choosing: Barge to Hell OR 70K 2013 ?
  • Which cruise are you going on?

Barge to Hell - definite
    6%
    Barge to Hell - pending lineup
    5%
    70K 2013 - definite
    29%
    70K 2013 - pending lineup
    13%
    Both - definite
    7%
    Waiting to choose based on lineup
    36%
    Neither - due to finances
    2%
    Neither - due to other reasons
    3%

Total votes: 101
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: Which are you choosing: Barge to Hell OR 70K 2013 ?

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:36 am

rwalters wrote:Kevin,

I brought my wife (non-metal fan) with me on the this year's 70K cruise and it worked out wonderfully. She chilled on 7 or the room to read and relax and I got to "be metal." I don't have kids (yet) though so that would probably be an issue. You would personally need to sacrifice some time to not be as social to spend time with the fam, but it's better than not going. I realize it's also alot more money to bring the fam...... depends on your financial situation.

-------------

I'm very confused on Barge to Hell Vs. 70K. At first I thought Barge was only extreme death and black metal fans, which I am mostly not a fan of. However, when I'm reading Barge also includes Thrash and Doom (my favorite subgenres) I start getting really confused.

Would a band like Amorphis be on 70K or Barge? What about My Dying Bride? What about Testament? What about a band like Arch Enemy or Moonspell? It's all band related to me. Where do these bands fit? I hope it's a clear choice for me. Very concerned about this. I also have no issue with 70K being on a bigger boat ESPECIALLY if the 3rd stage is bigger / higher and Johnny Rockets was replaced with something else :)

BTH is going to be more geared towards extreme metal (Black, Death, Thrash, whatever falls under "extreme metal") but it isn't going to be 100%, otherwise they wouldn't sell enough tickets.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:54 pm

Stained Class wrote:

I brought my wife (non-metal fan) with me on the this year's 70K cruise and it worked out wonderfully. She chilled on 7 or the room to read and relax and I got to "be metal." I don't have kids (yet) though so that would probably be an issue. You would personally need to sacrifice some time to not be as social to spend time with the fam, but it's better than not going. I realize it's also alot more money to bring the fam...... depends on your financial situation.

-------------

I'm very confused on Barge to Hell Vs. 70K. At first I thought Barge was only extreme death and black metal fans, which I am mostly not a fan of. However, when I'm reading Barge also includes Thrash and Doom (my favorite subgenres) I start getting really confused.

Would a band like Amorphis be on 70K or Barge? What about My Dying Bride? What about Testament? What about a band like Arch Enemy or Moonspell? It's all band related to me. Where do these bands fit? I hope it's a clear choice for me. Very concerned about this. I also have no issue with 70K being on a bigger boat ESPECIALLY if the 3rd stage is bigger / higher and Johnny Rockets was replaced with something else :)

BTH is going to be more geared towards extreme metal (Black, Death, Thrash, whatever falls under "extreme metal") but it isn't going to be 100%, otherwise they wouldn't sell enough tickets.

We'll all find out soon :P
    I should get around to updating my signature
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:02 pm

December is out for me.
    I will wait to see the line up for 70k13.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:54 pm

WallieWallie wrote:Cost is an important factor as the flight to Miami is almost the same price for me as a ticket to get onbroad. And taking time off when you also got a relationship abroad is going to be quite a thingie. So doing both is a definite NO for me.

Knowing my girlfriend wants to come with me next time. And knowing the style of metal she is into. Then BTH is not up her alley so 70ToM it would be then. Personally I like the variety in styles of metal as well.

Now if the rumour is true it will be held on a bigger ship...then I would say MY BOAT SUCKS!!! I'm fine with the size as it is right now.

Personally I like to see all my favourite forumites on the same cruise as me. But I know this can't be done every year...adding more (different style) cruises will only divide us I fear. :| <- that one is for you DrinkMoxie.

//EDIT//
    BTW, the skipper might want to rethink his marketing strategy concerning the bandannouncements. Especially if there are multiple cruises and people start to decide which one to take bandwise.

woohoo! I get to own my own smiley now!
    I shall not abuse it :|
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Ogre
    Petty Officer

by Ogre » Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:06 pm

We can scratch any talk about 70K being on hiatus, UMC advised that it "will be an annual event for many years to come," although, "Exact dates and Ports of Call are subject to change."

Barge is, as we know, in December. I hope it sells well enough to ensure future editions. I'm not worried there will be "too many" great bands, even though I'm a death metal fan. I like very little black metal, so I'd just skip many of those shows in favor of more death shows.

I'd really like to do both but unless the dates for 70K are moved later in the year we will do Barge and skip 70K. Too much $ and leave time from work required to do one cruise in Dec and another in Jan.
    2012 - You never forget your first time. And MDB.
    Barge - Ruled. Period.
    2015 - Booked early, soft lineup.
    2016 - Awesome. Best lineup since Barge.
    2018 - Great time.
    2020 - Hypocrisy or bust.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:59 pm

I doubt I'd be able to do BTH based solely on the fact of it being in December......
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:39 pm

I think people have the wrong idea about this and the type of bands. This is not some super duper underground, every band is hyper brutal death or ultra corpse painted black metal. The following bands that were on the past cruise would qualify as types who would fit the bill on Barge:

Annilhilator
    Atheist
    Cannibal Corpse
    Candlemass
    Coroner
    Crowbar
    Dark Funeral
    Diamond Plate
    Exciter
    God Dethroned
    Grave Digger
    Kataklysm
    Massacre
    Moonsorrow
    My Dying Bride
    Overkill
    Pestilence
    Samael
    Sapiency
    Suffocation
    Tankard
    Venom
    Vicious Rumors
    Whiplash

As you can see that's a HUGE chunk of what is already there. I think the main thing is that this won't have power metal or the folk heavy type bands. Andy said it's not going to be 40 death metal bands. And between the different sub genres within death, black, thrash and doom, there will still be plenty of variety.

That is assuming UMC views this the same way I do :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:51 pm

I said Both. Granted UMC plan to throw a third cruise at us in 2013. Hopefully PAGAN cruise..........
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    kcanja14
    Crewman

by kcanja14 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:05 pm

I signed up for a notice from Barge to Hell, but I doubt I'll be going on here. I think 70k is more for me.
    2012/13/14: Survivor

Wishlist: -Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ayreon-/-Bolt.Thrower-/-Devin.Townsend.Project-/-Equilibrium-/-Firewind-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody.Of.Fire-/-Snowy.Shaw-/-Striker-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Unleash.The.Archers-/-Wintersun
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Tue Jan 31, 2012 10:14 pm

Kevin,

Why would Amorphis not be included in that mix?
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:40 am

BTH isn't an option for me - but I like the idea of returning to the Majesty for another edition of 70k
    it doesn't really depend that much on the bands, though
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:02 am

Why would Amorphis not be included in that mix?

Well I guess you can make an argument that they could. But I tend to think of them as too rock and folky infused these days.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:35 am

Kevin.

Fear Factory, pop as well?
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:44 am

If I'm going, it will be 70k. I really want to again, but I need to save up some money for it.
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:59 am

Tobbe wrote:Kevin.

Fear Factory, pop as well?

Well if you are talking bands from the 1st cruise, they would qualify. I don't consider them poppy at all :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Wed Feb 01, 2012 7:10 am

My mistake. I thought you mentioned bands from both cruises. Wasn't paying attention, I guess.
    GhostMemory
    Crewman

by GhostMemory » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:11 am

I voted Neither for other reasons - I've had fun and met some very nice people who I can now count as good friends; however, I just feel uncomfortable being around so many other people and will try to stick to smaller (and cheaper!) events from now on.

Plus I'm supposed to be investing money into my company :lol:

I'll probably stop coming on the forums as well so I don't end up having to think about what I'll be missing out on. Not quite yet, but in the near future when the memories of this cruise start to fade away.
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:19 am

I'm not terribly picky when it comes to metal overall, so I consider myself to enjoy most of the varieties that are out there. That said, I think I'd enjoy continuing attending the 70000 Tons cruise as opposed to Barge to Hell. Ultimately though, it comes down to finances! No matter which one I do, methinks I'll take the effort to make the next trip a tad bit cheaper.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:38 am

If 70K is still happening around the same time, then that's the one for me. I'm pretty sure I can enjoy myself anywhere I go, it doesn't have to be about the music. I'm sure there would be something on Barge I would like but 70K naturally has more of a draw for me. Plus it's more likely to have a nicer crowd :P I've met too many Death Metal dickheads in my time to not make that generalisation. No offense to anyone here, you guys are great :lol:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:50 am

GhostMemory wrote:I voted Neither for other reasons - I've had fun and met some very nice people who I can now count as good friends; however, I just feel uncomfortable being around so many other people and will try to stick to smaller (and cheaper!) events from now on.

I'll probably stop coming on the forums as well so I don't end up having to think about what I'll be missing out on. Not quite yet, but in the near future when the memories of this cruise start to fade away.

As far as festivals go, 70K is a really small crowd. Cheaper on the other hand.... :?
    GhostMemory
    Crewman

by GhostMemory » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:52 am

mooyagi wrote:
    GhostMemory wrote:I voted Neither for other reasons - I've had fun and met some very nice people who I can now count as good friends; however, I just feel uncomfortable being around so many other people and will try to stick to smaller (and cheaper!) events from now on.

As far as festivals go, 70K is a really small crowd. Cheaper on the other hand.... :?

I haven't been to any other festivals besides 70000 tons. I normally stick to gigs in London, usually about 300 - 400 people.
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:19 am

damn two metal cruises a year... damn me... hell no... my boss would go mental... i will stick with 70k tons till the end... first love for cruise is gonna be my downfall...
    kcanja14
    Crewman

by kcanja14 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:14 pm

BTH is just before exams for me... Sigh. Maybe after I finally get out of this school thing- which will be NEVER! I fear the real world too much. Haha.

I wonder if 70k will be at the same time next year... the two cruises are awfully close together then.
    2012/13/14: Survivor

Wishlist: -Alestorm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ayreon-/-Bolt.Thrower-/-Devin.Townsend.Project-/-Equilibrium-/-Firewind-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody.Of.Fire-/-Snowy.Shaw-/-Striker-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Unleash.The.Archers-/-Wintersun
  • Kapinnka
    Wiper

by Kapinnka » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:54 pm

I would be really surprised if they put 70k on bigger ship, when we consider that this year was sold out shortly before departure and not everybody will be able to attend both Barge and 70k, so this could cause less people on both ships.
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:53 pm

I would love to do another 70000 Ton cruise next year but finances will dictate whether I could do it or not. :cry: :cry: :cry: :bitch:
    I would hate to see them place this festival onto a larger ship because I feel that UMC has picked the right size boat and have a good mix of metal acts. :cheers:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:57 pm

Kapinnka wrote:I would be really surprised if they put 70k on bigger ship, when we consider that this year was sold out shortly before departure and not everybody will be able to attend both Barge and 70k, so this could cause less people on both ships.

This.

If 70K 2013 is going to be around the same time, I have no idea how they will possibly sell it out as is considering the Barge will be taking customers away from it because the majority will not be able to afford 2 cruises.
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:35 pm

kcanja14 wrote:BTH is just before exams for me... Sigh. Maybe after I finally get out of this school thing- which will be NEVER! I fear the real world too much. Haha.

The real world sucks. Stay in school! :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:35 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    kcanja14 wrote:BTH is just before exams for me... Sigh. Maybe after I finally get out of this school thing- which will be NEVER! I fear the real world too much. Haha.

The real world sucks. Stay in school! :lol:

Agreed :cry:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:50 pm

As a matter of fact stay home with your parents and milk that gravy train for as long as possible. 1 month rent in the real world will pay for your cruise :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:56 pm

KevinP wrote:As a matter of fact stay home with your parents and milk that gravy train for as long as possible. 1 month rent in the real world will pay for your cruise :mrgreen:

Why did I bother moving out? I was so happy in Mexico living with my parents!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:25 pm

Its probably been mentioned elsewhere, but what the hell, I'll increase my postcount by sharing here:

Barge to Hell 2012 Extreme Metal Cruise Details Announced

And no, I'm not trolling (I'm no Pete!), but the details are sparse - just what was announced in the press conference on broad.

"Basically the concept it going to be not much different to what we are doing here now. There's going to be 40 bands, only 2000 tickets, 4 days, one cruise ship - but we will focus a little more on the extreme metal side: mainly death metal, thrash metal, speed metal, black metal, doom metal, and maybe some industrial metal, we'll see. It will be a solid mix."
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:06 pm

Gosh, and they're even working on a 3rd cruise, they must be doing really well. All I can say is, if AHAB is on either of them, it will be very difficult to resist.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:09 pm

Conrad wrote:Gosh, and they're even working on a 3rd cruise, they must be doing really well. All I can say is, if AHAB is on either of them, it will be very difficult to resist.

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Feb 01, 2012 9:44 pm

Hahaha. I know, I remember you telling me you met someone who was wearing that shirt, I already looked it up. I normally dislike the I "heart" whatever t-shirts, but I might make an exception for that one. :oops:

Actually for Christmas my Aunt bought me an I "heart" NZ t-shirt, as if I'm ever gonna wear that, fuck no. She was probably expecting i'd wear it while I was in the U.S.

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    WallieWallie
    Chief Petty Officer

by WallieWallie » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:05 am

KevinP wrote:As a matter of fact stay home with your parents and milk that gravy train for as long as possible. 1 month rent in the real world will pay for your cruise :mrgreen:

Doin' my best sir!!! :headbanger:
    Survivor: 2011 / 2012 / 2015 / 2017
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:15 am

Conrad wrote:Hahaha. I know, I remember you telling me you met someone who was wearing that shirt, I already looked it up. I normally dislike the I "heart" whatever t-shirts, but I might make an exception for that one. :oops:

Actually for Christmas my Aunt bought me an I "heart" NZ t-shirt, as if I'm ever gonna wear that, fuck no. She was probably expecting i'd wear it while I was in the U.S.

I own said shirt, and I believe I wore it to the Rock and Roll Ribs gathering.
    I find it humorously cheesy!

(but I do less than three me some funeral doom!)
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:26 am

nekrobarr wrote:(but I do less than three me some funeral doom!)

?

Was Kevin there? He told me he met someone in Miami, forget where, that was wearing it. Might have been you.

2019 Wishlist:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:40 am

Conrad wrote:
    nekrobarr wrote:(but I do less than three me some funeral doom!)

?

Was Kevin there? He told me he met someone in Miami, forget where, that was wearing it. Might have been you.

Yes it was him :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:13 pm

whatever the cruise, i hope Dutchies Mike and Tim are onbroad because they kill me! hilarious!

of course everyone else too....i love all the Dutchies and all the metalheads from everywhere except Frank Mullen can bite himself! too annoying even for me hahaha.
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:23 pm

Although my musical tastes tend to lean toward the more "extreme metal" side I don't think I'll be going to Barge To Hell. For one thing its too soon and I need some time to get the finances straightened up. For another thing its in August and I prefer to escape this frozen wasteland in the middle of the winter not in the summer when its really nice. Lastly I kind of like the variety because it kind of forces me to go outside my comfort zone of music a little bit.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ