Post Reply 148 posts
NO Smoking in the Spectrum lounge
  • NO Smoking in the Spectrum lounge?

1) PLEASE NO SMOKING! It is WAAY to smokey in the Spectrum lounge for non-smokers like me.
    71%
    2) PLEASE NO SMOKING! It is WAAY to smokey in the Spectrum lounge even for a SMOKER like me.
    9%
    3) I don't care either way.
    13%
    4) No, I would rather we continue to allow smoking in the Spectrum lounge. I can't go a whole 45 min without one.
    8%

Total votes: 79
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: NO Smoking in the Spectrum lounge

by Goddess of Metal » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:40 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Smoke in Boleros is insane.

Honestly, I was trying to sing all clean n power metally :shock:

closet weenie! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:40 pm

mgrock wrote:No problem to bann all smoking inside, but outside it should be allowed without any restriction. They could also start a shisha club in the Viking lounge, which would be cool. :cheers:

Yeah, a shisha bar would be so awesome!!!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:28 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    mgrock wrote:No problem to bann all smoking inside, but outside it should be allowed without any restriction. They could also start a shisha club in the Viking lounge, which would be cool. :cheers:

Yeah, a shisha bar would be so awesome!!!

I could live with that. At least it smells like something other than death. I might even partake if in the right mood. And if nothing else would make for cool pics.
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:27 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Smoke in Boleros is insane.

Honestly, I was trying to sing all clean n power metally :shock:

closet weenie! :lol: :lol: :lol:

BWAAA HAAAAA :lol:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:38 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:My vote is for designated smoking areas outside only. Boleros was brutal.

I agree to have it smoke free in Beleros and its not a hard thing to step ouside and grab a smoke in that area.
    I am sure that is what gave me my bad headache last year on the last night and this cruise I just avoided the area due to it getting too smoky too early in the night. :cry:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:18 am

2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:24 am

Conrad wrote:Image

:lol: Nice!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:49 am

Does anyone else get bummed out when they see members of a band they really like smoking? Specifically I think Atheist, Coroner and My Dying Bride. I'm like, "really", all that talent and your fucking it up with smoking?!?!?!

Shit like that boggles the mind :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:10 pm

KevinP wrote:Does anyone else get bummed out when they see members of a band they really like smoking? Specifically I think Atheist, Coroner and My Dying Bride. I'm like, "really", all that talent and your fucking it up with smoking?!?!?!

Especially if it's from singers.
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:22 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Does anyone else get bummed out when they see members of a band they really like smoking? Specifically I think Atheist, Coroner and My Dying Bride. I'm like, "really", all that talent and your fucking it up with smoking?!?!?!

I've known a few who smoke partly for what it does to your voice, if that's the effect they're going for. I mean, the unfortunate part is that it catches up with you in the end, so it still saddens me.

It's like a guitarist carrying his guitar by the strings and letting it drag on the ground. Only he can't by a new one. Completely insane.
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:24 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Kobi from Orphaned Land smoking in my face after that Spectrum set was a little off-putting, but, so be it.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why Chrigel from Eluveitie is such a powerful growler is because he smokes like four packs a day.

And Korpiklaani's vocalist smoking whilst singing on the pool deck last year was awesome.
    Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Thu Feb 02, 2012 12:56 pm

Smoking was so fucking bad in the spectrum we actually dreaded and avoided it if possible. I remember having to leave during vicous rumors 2nd set bc I couldn't take it anymore and was going to puke.
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:26 pm

Conrad wrote:Image

That's awesome :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • vaderite666
    Petty Officer

by vaderite666 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:36 am

I wish they would just have smoking outside on a designated part of the ship, with some sort of cover if the weather gets bad. As a nonsmoker, it really does bother me when it is so smokey in an enclosed area. I am from IL, and we don't even have smoking in bars anymore, so I guess I am simply not use to it when I have to be around it as you normally only see people smoking outside. It made attending shows much more enjoyable and was probably the only good thing an Illinois governor has done in a while. :? Now when I am around it, it really does bother me right away. I wish that wasn't the case. I avoided Boleros for most of the cruise because of it.
    In Extremo/Saltatio Mortis/Old Man's Child/Cathedral/Thrudvangar/Thulcandra/Iron Fire/Hyberia/Catamenia/Eisbrecher/Varg/Forefather/Nomans Land/Accept/Angel Witch/Ghost/Burning Saviors/Electric Wizard/Hollenthon/Kalmah/Power Wolf/Black Pyramid/Running Wild
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:26 pm

the pre-party must have been a smoke hole, too
    I didn't even realize it until I got back to the hotel and my cloths were stinking terribly
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:30 pm

Ecliptica wrote:Kobi from Orphaned Land smoking in my face after that Spectrum set was a little off-putting, but, so be it.

I'm pretty sure the only reason why Chrigel from Eluveitie is such a powerful growler is because he smokes like four packs a day.

And Korpiklaani's vocalist smoking whilst singing on the pool deck last year was awesome.

hahaha I love when korpi has a small instrumental break. Its smoke break time, same thing the first and probably only time Ill see Tarot live. One of the members started smoking and everyone else was all :shock: :shock: ... :smoking: :smoking:

Amazes me how Marco can still push out those vocals with how much he drinks and smokes.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:34 pm

Yeah, I had to leave the preparty early because I couldn't deal with the smoke in there. That was terrible.

Spectrum and Boleros didn't bother me, but I'm still sick (a week later) and I guess I contribute it to the smoke.

Also, the cigarette feat of the cruise was Empuu from Nightwish power-smoking an entire cigarette in about 15-20 seconds during the pool stage show. I doubt anyone but my cabinmates and I saw this (we were standing next to the 'strobe light'(?) fixtures and the Empuu smoking break was directly underneath us, but he didn't waste a single millimeter of that cigarette. I was actually very, very impressed.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:35 pm

Ecliptica wrote:Yeah, I had to leave the preparty early because I couldn't deal with the smoke in there. That was terrible.

Spectrum and Boleros didn't bother me, but I'm still sick (a week later) and I guess I contribute it to the smoke.

Also, the cigarette feat of the cruise was Empuu from Nightwish power-smoking an entire cigarette in about 15-20 seconds during the pool stage show. I doubt anyone but my cabinmates and I saw this (we were standing next to the 'strobe light'(?) fixtures and the Empuu smoking break was directly underneath us, but he didn't waste a single millimeter of that cigarette. I was actually very, very impressed.

I was going to saw he is soo short I could barely see his ass on stage :lol: :lol:

Yea I totally dont remember the preparty being that bad. That was the only night the entire time where I was quite :stagger: :stagger: I just remember drunkenly ordering a burger a 5 guys and for the toppings I listed off my subway order :oops:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:42 pm

Monmisreal wrote:Yea I totally dont remember the preparty being that bad. That was the only night the entire time where I was quite :stagger: :stagger: I just remember drunkenly ordering a burger a 5 guys and for the toppings I listed off my subway order :oops:

are there more than one five guys in Miami?
    is this some kind of a chain?
    we go there every year
    (that sounds as if we've been gone there for decades :D )
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:43 pm

last_candle wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:Yea I totally dont remember the preparty being that bad. That was the only night the entire time where I was quite :stagger: :stagger: I just remember drunkenly ordering a burger a 5 guys and for the toppings I listed off my subway order :oops:

we go there every year

ok, I just found out that there's something called "google" - you should check it out, too ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:48 pm

last_candle wrote:

we go there every year

Actually im not too sure if its a Florida chain or what. I know theres one where I live too, but other than that I have no clue
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:18 pm

last_candle wrote:

we go there every year

We have 5 guys here in Dallas and Austin TX :beerbang:
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Feb 03, 2012 6:51 pm

Why not just have a rule: you smoke and you get hung upside down by your toenails and beaten with an organic carrot
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:55 pm

Speaking of smoking, a coworker and friend of mine who smokes had a heart attack today and was sent to the hosptital via helicopter (we're in a rural area) :cry:. He's in stable condition, but will have to have bypass surgery on 5 arteries in a couple of weeks. I hope he's okay. I will try and visit tomorrow, though I'm not sure it's a very good idea to visit him in a fragile state with my current nasty cold. Guess a mouth cover is in order.
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:42 pm

KevinP wrote:Why not just have a rule: you smoke and you get hung upside down by your toenails and beaten with an organic carrot

Fuck the organic restriction...I will beat you with a chemically enhanced genetically altered artificial carrot as well...
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:34 pm

stoverkill wrote:
    last_candle wrote:

we go there every year

We have 5 guys here in Dallas and Austin TX :beerbang:

yeah, it is a chain... they've sprung up a few around Pittsburgh in the last couple years
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • vaderite666
    Petty Officer

by vaderite666 » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:35 am

Five guys has taken Chicago and the surrounding suburbs by storm as well. They seem to be popping up all over the place. Anything is better than Mc Donalds. However if anyone is in Chicago, be sure to check out Kuma's Corner, the metal burger place. Great burgers, named after bands and a good beer selection. Metal and meat can't be beat!

Also, not metal burger place, but Smoke Daddy's is good, too. It is a true smoke house, but their burgers are amazing. Both places server relatively late so if you are seeing a show in Chicago, it is worth going afterwards for a good meal and a beer. :cheers:
    In Extremo/Saltatio Mortis/Old Man's Child/Cathedral/Thrudvangar/Thulcandra/Iron Fire/Hyberia/Catamenia/Eisbrecher/Varg/Forefather/Nomans Land/Accept/Angel Witch/Ghost/Burning Saviors/Electric Wizard/Hollenthon/Kalmah/Power Wolf/Black Pyramid/Running Wild
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:38 am

vaderite666 wrote: Guys meat can't be beat!

:shock: that sounds perverse :shock:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:10 am

KDibildeaux wrote:Speaking of smoking, a coworker and friend of mine who smokes had a heart attack today and was sent to the hosptital via helicopter (we're in a rural area) :cry:. He's in stable condition, but will have to have bypass surgery on 5 arteries in a couple of weeks. I hope he's okay. I will try and visit tomorrow, though I'm not sure it's a very good idea to visit him in a fragile state with my current nasty cold. Guess a mouth cover is in order.

I hope he recovers :cry:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:27 am

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Speaking of smoking, a coworker and friend of mine who smokes had a heart attack today and was sent to the hosptital via helicopter (we're in a rural area) :cry:. He's in stable condition, but will have to have bypass surgery on 5 arteries in a couple of weeks. I hope he's okay. I will try and visit tomorrow, though I'm not sure it's a very good idea to visit him in a fragile state with my current nasty cold. Guess a mouth cover is in order.

I hope he recovers :cry:

Thanks, me too! :cry:
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:42 pm

Jebus_Cripes wrote:As a non smoker it really didn't seem that bad in there. It didn't really bother me at all. Of course almost every single one of my friends smoke.

I too have never smoked a day in my life, but I am fine being around smokers. I liked the fact tha people had the freedom to do whatever they want. Just because we don't like something doesn't mean that we should ruin something for others. :metalguy:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    tmcasper
    Chief Petty Officer

by tmcasper » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:21 pm

Not a fan of smoking at all...and the Boleros did indeed smell like shit because of it...but I grew up with smoking parents, so maybe I can tolerate it a bit better...but I still hate it...less smoking == better for everybody...especially on a damn ship, where you can step out anytime and light up...
    2011: Deck 5 Cabin 5087
    2012: Deck 8 Cabin 8072
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:24 am

If you're asking me a question than the aswer is "no," there's alot worse than smoking cigarrettes. It bums me out when I find out a band uses herion or blow, because that actually ruins a band. Cigarrettes didn't ruin bands like Coroner or Atheist. I'm a non smoker, but I'm all for smokers' freedooms.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:34 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:If you're asking me a question than the aswer is "no," there's alot worse than smoking cigarrettes. It bums me out when I find out a band uses herion or blow, because that actually ruins a band. Cigarrettes didn't ruin bands like Coroner or Atheist. I'm a non smoker, but I'm all for smokers' freedooms.

Well sure by comparison it's worse. Smoking is just a ridiculous health hazard or epic proportions that I don't believe in any freedom in doing it.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:27 am

KevinP wrote:Well sure by comparison it's worse. Smoking is just a ridiculous health hazard or epic proportions that I don't believe in any freedom in doing it.

You really are a commie bastard. :smoking:
    SURVIVOR:

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:53 am

stoverkill wrote:
    KevinP wrote:Well sure by comparison it's worse. Smoking is just a ridiculous health hazard or epic proportions that I don't believe in any freedom in doing it.

No, I'm just right. It's not being an elitist or close minded when you're right :death: :P :death:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:15 am

KevinP wrote:
    stoverkill wrote:

No, I'm just right. It's not being an elitist or close minded when you're right :death: :P :death:

It is when you FORCE others into your idea of what is "right". I hate smoking, but I would never limit anyone's freedom just because it makes me uncomfortable.

It's a lost cause now anyway because too many people are willing to give (really have already given) up other people's freedoms for their own selfish reasons.

Those willing to give up freedom for security will receive, and deserve, neither. - Ben Franklin
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:29 am

EvilDan wrote:It's a lost cause now anyway because too many people are willing to give (really have already given) up other people's freedoms for their own selfish reasons.

You are so right, which is why I was extending this olive branch to all the non-smokers. It is selfish to run all the non-smokers out of the place where all the fun is.

This is why I think our family would be a lot happier if we just took it to Kevin's cabin and smoked in there.

If we can end smoking in the Spectrum and Boleros by moving it to your cabin Kevin, everyone would be much happier. Don't be selfish.
    SURVIVOR:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:42 am

EvilDan wrote:It is when you FORCE others into your idea of what is "right". I hate smoking, but I would never limit anyone's freedom just because it makes me uncomfortable

I'm fine with a compromise. If we want to make a smokers lounge, go ahead, but please set up the running order so I am not forced to go into the Spectrum to see a band I paid to see. If I have to go see one of the bands that only plays in the Spectrum, I am then forced to smoke by being around all that secondhand nonsense. Ruins my freedom to not smoke.

Absolute freedom for everyone is too destructive anyways. People can't behave ;)
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:48 am

stoverkill wrote:This is why I think our family would be a lot happier if we just took it to Kevin's cabin and smoked in there.

I'm never there, so if that's the compromise that needs to be made, I'll take one for the "Clear Lungs Team" :headbanger: :lol: :headbanger:

And Dan still seems to take me literally even after meeting me. :shock: :? :shock:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal