Post Reply 180 posts
Does any 1 band guarantee your NEXT cruise ?
  • KevinP
    Commander

Does any 1 band guarantee your NEXT cruise ?

by KevinP » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:06 am

Well I have 3, but since My Dying Bride would be a repeat, I'll have to decide between Bolt Thrower or Madder Mortem. Bolt Thrower I've seen but its been like 15+ years. Madder Mortem NEVER have seen. They are a much much smaller band and less likely to get here, even with Bolt Thrower's seeming resistance for US soil.

So I'll go with Madder Mortem. Even if they don't typify the type of band one would thing of as "Extreme". I still say they are heavy and aggressive enough to be on Barge.

My huge conundrum will be if they book say MDB and/or Bolt Thrower for Barge (I'd be a definite, screw finances, whatever the wife says, etc. :lol: ) and then UMC turns around and books Madder Mortem for the next 70K. Seems like an impossible feat for me to pull off. :|
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Does any 1 band guarantee your NEXT cruise ?

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:16 am

Throwing aside the fact that I plan on going on as many future cruises as I can (though Barge to Hell is most likely not gonna be able to happen), I would in general say that one band wouldn't be enough to justify the cost for me. I leave openings if one of the following is true. 1) I was super rich and could afford it no problem. 2) It was the final show of a top band I've never seen. 3) A really special one time performance by one of my favorites (similar to what Candlemass just did for their fans), but it would have to be really special. If it's just a band that doesn't tour the US much, it's cheaper to travel to Europe and catch them there than it is to go on the cruise.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:39 am

Running Wild or King DIamond would probably sell it for me.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:43 am

mooyagi wrote:If it's just a band that doesn't tour the US much, it's cheaper to travel to Europe and catch them there than it is to go on the cruise.

Maybe I'm just lucky that I live in Florida. But the cost of airfare alone to Europe is essentially what the cost of the cruise is (in a roundabout way). Throw in tickets, hotel, cost of food and Europe is FAR and AWAY much more expensive for me. Unless I'm looking at things improperly :? :? :?
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:49 am

KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:If it's just a band that doesn't tour the US much, it's cheaper to travel to Europe and catch them there than it is to go on the cruise.

Maybe I'm just lucky that I live in Florida. But the cost of airfare alone to Europe is essentially what the cost of the cruise is (in a roundabout way). Throw in tickets, hotel, cost of food and Europe is FAR and AWAY much more expensive for me. Unless I'm looking at things improperly :? :? :?

I've flown to Germany twice, each time airfare was less than $500 roundtrip. The cruise pushes $1000 just for the cheapest tickets.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:03 pm

ideally, I just wanna go again... it was an amazing time... of course, I do want enough bands I like, and bands I've never seen before really increase the value for me! This year was great cause I had several bands I'd never seen and who ruled! And I got plenty of time to hang out with friends and had a blast!

Now, bands that would be HUGE for me: Kalmah, Ne Obliviscaris, Powerwolf, Lake Of Tears, Night In Gales, or Bal-Sagoth would all make me pretty giddy... and UMC should definitely book Unexpect :D
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:23 pm

gnoff wrote:For me it's the people and not the specific bands that made me go the second time, even though it was Amon Amarth on the first run :cheers:

I kinda agree with you here - because the people/atmosphere is at least half of the draw for me, if not more. However, I don't know if I will be able to swing/justify spending the money on a solo trip again like this so soon. :beerwink: Feel like I've overdone it a bit since 2009. :oops: :lol: Having said *that* however, I think if they booked Dimmu Borgir, Immortal, or Behemoth for Barge to Hell, I may just have to figure out a way to make that happen.

I know I heard December for BtH, but were the actual dates announced?

EDIT: D'oh!!! Meant to add KVELERTAK! to my Dimmu Borgir, Immortal, and/or Behemoth list.
    Last edited by Laura on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:29 pm

Running wild, but that isn't gonna happen
    (even less likely: a Heavens Gate or Chroming Rose reunion)
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:41 pm

last_candle wrote:Running wild, but that isn't gonna happen

Why not? I honestly think it will.

For me there's no one band that's going to make me book, but I guarantee I'm going to book anyways. The last 2 have been fucking amazing lineups and I don't think 2013 will be any different. As for deciding between BTH and 70k, I think it'll come down to more than one band for me to decide.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:04 pm

gnoff wrote:
    Laura wrote:
    gnoff wrote:For me it's the people and not the specific bands that made me go the second time, even though it was Amon Amarth on the first run :cheers:

I kinda agree with you here - because the people/atmosphere is at least half of the draw for me, if not more. However, I don't know if I will be able to swing/justify spending the money on a solo trip again like this so soon. :beerwink: Feel like I've overdone it a bit since 2009. :oops: :lol: Having said *that* however, I think if they booked Dimmu Borgir, Immortal, or Behemoth for Barge to Hell, I may just gave to figure out a way to make that happen.

I never saw it, but read on the forum that is was Dec 3 through 7.

Hey, Rhia is coming over for Immortal in a month :bmhorns:

Thanks for the date info *adds to iPhone iCal app* - and yeah - I know about Rhia coming over for Immortal in a month! Very envious! Great times ahead for sure!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    angelyuyo
    Petty Officer

by angelyuyo » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:25 pm

KREATOR
    But love to see SABBAT/soulfly/Cavalera cons.
    And ASPHYX/TRIPTIKON too! :gulp:
    2011DONE
    2012 DONE
    BARGE TO HELL DONE
    2013 DONE
    2014 DONE
    2015 DONE
    2016 BEST LINEUP EVER DONE
    2017 DONE
    2018DONE
    2019 Done
    2020 I need my booking code
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:41 pm

If either WITHIN TEMPTATION or VAN CANTO were added, it would almost guarantee my attendance.

POWERWOLF would come close too.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:47 pm

I'm totally a Johnny one-note, but Turisas :oops: :lol:
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:51 pm

No, but if a reunited Steel Vengeance would play Call Off The Dogs in its entirety, it would be closest to the one band guarantee.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:17 pm

Stained Class wrote:

when was the last time Rw played another continent?
    right - they never did except in 1986
    in the last ten years, there were exactly 30 shows - only two of'em outside Germany (one festival in Spain and another one in Italy)

there's not even a band to play with around; and Rolf wouldn't invest so much time into rehearsals if there's no money in sight
    ...aaaaaaand, he wouldn't wanna hang around metalheads asking him all about the questionable decisions he made in the last couple of years

so, what makes you thing he/they would be willing to do 70k?
    let me guess: because of the pirate theme?
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:03 pm

last_candle wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

They were meant to play Rockwave 2004 in Greece when I was there. They cancelled at the 11th hour (some BS about not being able to get their gear there or some such rubbish).

Got replaced by Gamma Ray whom I had never seen live to that point though so I was reasonably okay with it.

What kinda sucked was waiting for the bus in Athens to go out to the venue, and seeing numerous fans in Running Wild shirts, who to that point had no idea that they had pulled out.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:08 pm

Angra or Arch Enemy.
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:12 pm

THIS BAND.

Septicflesh and ReVamp would help too. ;)
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:20 pm

I think I'm pretty much commited to going next year anyway due to a bunch of friends that want to go that couldn't this year. BUT one band that would make that 100% would probably be Kalmah.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:05 pm

You can probably guess which band would sell it for me.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:14 pm

Conrad wrote:You can probably guess which band would sell it for me.

Guano Apes? Skunk Anansie? Sevendust?
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:17 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:

Winner!

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:27 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:

I actually would love to see Guano Apes live!!! :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:36 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:

HA! The first time I saw Sevendust (supported Ozzy Osbourne) they were mediocre at best. Actually they were terrible. However, they were great last year at Soundwave.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:31 pm

Hm.... Sentenced, but they don't exist anymore :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol:

But really, I plan on going regardless of bands for as long as I can get time off work and afford it :mrgreen:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:46 pm

Powerwolf, absolutely.

The first cruise did it with Sonata Arctica though (and that's why my cabinmate and I were likely the first to book). This cruise, there really wasn't anyone (initially) that made me book -- Orphaned Land was an awesome late, but would not have booked this year if it was the initial lineup.

We're pretty much through all my favorite bands though (Tyr, Ensiferum, Sonata Arctica, Orphaned Land, Kamelot, Eluveitie) so that really just leaves Powerwolf and Dragonland. Either of them and I'll shell out a shitload of money for this.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:42 pm

Some Moby Dick themed band :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:31 pm

The more I think about it... the more I'm convinced that I'll be doing this again no matter what. But Dragonland would definitely do it for me.
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:45 pm

Laura wrote:

They had a sign outside the BOLEROS LOUNGE that had the Dec. 3 - Dec 7 dates on it for Barge to Hell, so it is pretty much set in stone for those dates :cheers:
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:58 pm

I doubt there's any one band that'll seal the deal for me, mainly for money reasons. however, Hell, Arch/Matheos, Crimson Glory, Running Wild or Manilla Road would force me to try real fucking hard
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 12:25 am

DragonLordJones wrote:
    Laura wrote:

They had a sign outside the BOLEROS LOUNGE that had the Dec. 3 - Dec 7 dates on it for Barge to Hell, so it is pretty much set in stone for those dates :cheers:

Is anybody else thinking that it will be kind of hard to have BtH in December and 70k in January? Does this mean next year's cruise will be later in the year? That would actually work out better for me, but worse for my anxiety since it's even farther away...
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Mon Feb 06, 2012 1:37 am

Evican wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

HA! The first time I saw Sevendust (supported Ozzy Osbourne) they were mediocre at best. Actually they were terrible. However, they were great last year at Soundwave.

The only time I saw them, in Feb '07 in Wisconsin, they were good, I enjoyed it.

KevinP wrote:

Some Moby Dick themed band :lol: :lol: :lol:

:lol:

2019 Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:02 am

Hail of Bullets. :beerwink:

Honestly, my favourite bands either have been on the cruise already (Candlemass, My Dying Bride) or will never be possible (Bathory, Death). So, there aren't that many bands I want to see that badly anymore and most definitely not any that I can think of that could sell the cruise for me. The cruise itself is the key point for me and good bands are a bonus.
    I'm pretty certain that I'll be on Barge or 70k part 3. We'll see.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:04 am

Amon Amarth/Kataklysm/Kreator/Bloodbath/At the Gates = BOOKED

I'm so worried that they'll be split between 70K and Barge as I can't do both this year :cry: BARGE FTW! I want less power metal and more Bahamas. Make this happen Andy!!
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:15 am

A Savatage reunion or Monstrosity. Apart from them I've seen pretty much all of my favourite bands live.
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:55 am

SCARH3AD wrote:M O T Ö R H E A D

Double that!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Feb 06, 2012 6:59 am

Memnoch wrote:Hail of Bullets. :beerwink:

Well there's a reason why I didn't even bother to put them in my siganture :cry:

vikingbitch wrote: I want less power metal and more Bahamas. Make this happen Andy!!

:heavydrink: :heavydrink: :heavydrink:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Feb 06, 2012 7:48 am

Steve110 wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:
    Laura wrote:

Is anybody else thinking that it will be kind of hard to have BtH in December and 70k in January? Does this mean next year's cruise will be later in the year? That would actually work out better for me, but worse for my anxiety since it's even farther away...

It's certainly possible that the 70K date will be changed. If it's still a Caribbean cruise though, summertime would be brutal and the fall is hurricane season, so it limits the options a bit.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 06, 2012 8:02 am

last_candle wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

right - they never did except in 1986
    in the last ten years, there were exactly 30 shows - only two of'em outside Germany (one festival in Spain and another one in Italy)

there's not even a band to play with around; and Rolf wouldn't invest so much time into rehearsals if there's no money in sight
    ...aaaaaaand, he wouldn't wanna hang around metalheads asking him all about the questionable decisions he made in the last couple of years

so, what makes you thing he/they would be willing to do 70k?
    let me guess: because of the pirate theme?

Well, the pirate theme is one thing, but there's a lot more to it then that. This is a very unique festival and we've gotten a few bands that are extremely rare to see in North America, and some rare to see period. Yeah, Running Wild hasn't played many shows lately but remember a couple months ago when they announced an reunion and album and stuff? I think by this time next year that will be in full swing.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    ejd715
    Petty Officer

by ejd715 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:23 am

If Hypocrisy, or pain or King Diamond/Mercyful fate are onboard, so am I!
    2011-#3500 (barely survived!)
    2012-#4025 (piece of cake!)
    Barge To Hell
Post Reply 180 posts