Post Reply 805 posts
Barge To Hell/70K 2013 Rumours Thread
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: Barge To Hell/70K 2013 Rumours Thread

by Stained Class » Sat May 26, 2012 12:58 am

KDibildeaux wrote:You going on Barge?

Yep! At The Gates was the big one that pushed me over. I'm actually excited to go on a cruise where I'll have time to do something other than watch bands, since there's only a few that really spark my interests. Hypocrisy, Artillery and At The Gates I have never seen and I was not going to miss that. Hopefully I can pull 70k as well.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat May 26, 2012 7:06 am

Stained Class wrote:

Yep! At The Gates was the big one that pushed me over. I'm actually excited to go on a cruise where I'll have time to do something other than watch bands, since there's only a few that really spark my interests. Hypocrisy, Artillery and At The Gates I have never seen and I was not going to miss that. Hopefully I can pull 70k as well.

Sweet! See you on broad :party:
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat May 26, 2012 7:38 am

Stained Class wrote:

Very cool! That's my plan, too :D
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat May 26, 2012 8:01 am

Stained Class wrote:

Yep! Kevin's new found love of poutine was the big one that pushed me over. I'm actually excited to go on a cruise where I'll have time to do something other than watch bands, since there's only a few that really spark my interest. I have never sat on a chesterfield in my bunnyhug and ate a jambuster with Kevin before and I was not going to miss that. Hopefully he can pull 70k as well.

Well that was quite candid and slightly creepy at the same time. Can't say I don't enjoy a good jambuster when I get my beaver mitts on one :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sat May 26, 2012 11:19 am

KevinP wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Yep! Kevin's new found love of poutine was the big one that pushed me over. I'm actually excited to go on a cruise where I'll have time to do something other than watch bands, since there's only a few that really spark my interest. I have never sat on a chesterfield in my bunnyhug and ate a jambuster with Kevin before and I was not going to miss that. Hopefully he can pull 70k as well.

Well that was quite candid and slightly creepy at the same time. Can't say I don't enjoy a good jambuster when I get my beaver mitts on one :mrgreen:

:roll:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed May 30, 2012 9:35 am

I saw Rhapsody of Fire last night, they said they would 100% do the cruise if they are asked. I hope so
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed May 30, 2012 10:03 am

Blackfhyre wrote:I saw Rhapsody of Fire last night, they said they would 100% do the cruise if they are asked. I hope so

Ooh, that's some tasty info!

I added Rhapsody just cus every year they get some staple power metal bands and there are only a handful left that they haven't had. I'd be amazed if they didn't ask Rhapsody.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed May 30, 2012 10:37 am

As of now, they have not been asked but they all said they'd love to do it if given the opportunity. They are one of the first and very influential power metal bands i can't see them not being asked this year or next.
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Wed May 30, 2012 11:47 am

Not a Rhapsody fan (do I have to call them Rhapsody of Fire?!), but Fabio won me over last cruise with his performances not with Kamelot, but at karaoke. Would like to have Fabio on broad again.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed May 30, 2012 12:03 pm

Ecliptica wrote:Not a Rhapsody fan (do I have to call them Rhapsody of Fire?!)

I gueeeeeeess not but technically we've got Rhapsody Of Fire and Luca Turilli's Rhapsody running around playing power metal now, so everyone's going to get confused no matter what you say.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed May 30, 2012 5:20 pm

I'm not a fan of either Rhapsody, but I'd be amused if both got booked
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed May 30, 2012 7:59 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Blackfhyre wrote:I saw Rhapsody of Fire last night, they said they would 100% do the cruise if they are asked. I hope so

I added Rhapsody just cus every year they get some staple power metal bands and there are only a handful left that they haven't had. I'd be amazed if they didn't ask Rhapsody.

Uuuuuuugh I hope not! :lol:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed May 30, 2012 9:07 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Aren't you going on Barge anyways?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed May 30, 2012 9:09 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Ooh, that's some tasty info!

Aren't you going on Barge anyways?

I'm doing both ;)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 31, 2012 6:58 am

I'd rather not have either Rhapsody on broad either, but it would be hilarious if both got booked.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu May 31, 2012 7:03 am

KDibildeaux wrote:I'm doing both ;)

Oh, well maybe I'll see you der den!

I had a dream last night where both Rhapsody's played PPUSA on separate nights in the same slot (second from last).
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu May 31, 2012 7:09 am

definitely doubt there'd be both. i feel like theres tension. I love Fabio and he even remembered my name from the cruise. I'm a big Rhapsody fan and Luca's new stuff sounds good too so i'd be happy. If you dont like Rhapsody and they're on it, you got your dinner time planned out, but bewareth of the dragons
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu May 31, 2012 7:12 am

Ecliptica wrote:Not a Rhapsody fan (do I have to call them Rhapsody of Fire?!)

I prefer Rhapsody of Fabio
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 31, 2012 7:19 am

Blackfhyre wrote:definitely doubt there'd be both. i feel like theres tension. I love Fabio and he even remembered my name from the cruise. I'm a big Rhapsody fan and Luca's new stuff sounds good too so i'd be happy. If you dont like Rhapsody and they're on it, you got your dinner time planned out, but bewareth of the dragons

They obviously wouldn't book both :lol:

If either iteration is on, I'll bite the bullet and catch a set so Kate has to follow me and see some power metal. Hey, she saw Edguy and Kamelot last time! :twisted:
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu May 31, 2012 7:25 am

mooyagi wrote:Hey, she saw Edguy and Kamelot last time!

and they kicked ass!
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 31, 2012 7:25 am

Blackfhyre wrote:

and they kicked ass!

They did! :headbanger:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu May 31, 2012 7:27 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Blackfhyre wrote:definitely doubt there'd be both. i feel like theres tension. I love Fabio and he even remembered my name from the cruise. I'm a big Rhapsody fan and Luca's new stuff sounds good too so i'd be happy. If you dont like Rhapsody and they're on it, you got your dinner time planned out, but bewareth of the dragons

If either iteration is on, I'll bite the bullet and catch a set so Kate has to follow me and see some power metal. Hey, she saw Edguy and Kamelot last time! :twisted:

Man there was some weird shit going on on that boat. Marlo watched Edguy too. And I'm never going to let her live it down.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 31, 2012 7:34 am

Stained Class wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Man there was some weird shit going on on that boat. Marlo watched Edguy too. And I'm never going to let her live it down.

Once you go weenie...

I've got no punchline
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu May 31, 2012 5:25 pm

Blackfhyre wrote:

and they kicked ass!

Beg to differ! Haha though I still maintain that Kamelot isn't that bad. Edguy I could not take and had to leave after a song.
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu May 31, 2012 5:26 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Not gonna happen. I can always hang with all the awesome people who have good taste. Or nap :P
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 31, 2012 5:26 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    Blackfhyre wrote:

and they kicked ass!

Beg to differ! Haha though I still maintain that Kamelot isn't that bad. Edguy I could not take and had to leave after a song.

You were still there. It counts :beerbang:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu May 31, 2012 5:27 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Not gonna happen. I can always hang with all the awesome people who have good taste. Or nap :P

I am awesome people with good taste :P
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu May 31, 2012 10:48 pm

mooyagi wrote:I am awesome people with good taste :P

ImageImageImage
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:15 am

Memnoch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I am awesome people with good taste :P

ImageImageImage

You like Amaranthe. Your opinion matters not ;)
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:17 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Once you go weenie...

I've got no punchline

That was bullshit. I was LITERALLY carried in over the shoulder by a giant Norweigan and was too drunk at the time to realize what band was on. NOT MY FAULT :lol:

I will never forget stopping. Looking around. Seeing the power weenie forumites and the thoughts of "I don't think I'm where I should be..." slowly making their way across my brain.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:20 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Man there was some weird shit going on on that boat. Marlo watched Edguy too. And I'm never going to let her live it down.

Once you go weenie...

I've got no punchline

That was bullshit. I was LITERALLY carried in over the shoulder by a giant Norweigan and was too drunk at the time to realize what band was on. NOT MY FAULT :lol:

I will never forget stopping. Looking around. Seeing the power weenie forumites and the thoughts of "I don't think I'm where I should be..." slowly making their way across my brain.

I would love to see a video of your reaction when that happened :lol:
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:23 am

mooyagi wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

It was like watching a confused and rabid little animal. Except drunk
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:24 am

mooyagi wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Man there was some weird shit going on on that boat. Marlo watched Edguy too. And I'm never going to let her live it down.

Me too :lol:

Rachel/Jake: Marlo, why are you at an Edguy show?
    Me: I'm not at Edguy. There's no way I'd be at an Edguy show! Lalalala
    Rachel: No. You ARE at an Edguy show.
    Me: NO! No I'm not!
    Rachel: Yes, YES YOU ARE.

:shock: :cry:
    Last edited by vikingbitch on Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:24 am

Inquisitor wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:

Exactly how I imagined it would look :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:28 am

• vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:59 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Pffft. After the Red Sox game. I don't even have to say more :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:08 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

Pffft. After the Red Sox game. I don't even have to say more :lol:

:lol: It was worth it :stagger:
    Libertine69
    Crewman

by Libertine69 » Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:50 am

Talked to a bunch of interesting people at Scion Rock Fest with bits of info this weekend.

I know a few bands in the works for Barge 2013 already, and, I heard that there is NO WAY Kreator will be playing ANY cruise in the future.
    (Don't kill the messenger)
    This comes from good friends of Jürgen, who say he played a cruise before & hated it. Doesn't plan on it again. In the same conversation, there is a reason for the break in tour dates, but not because Kreator will be on Barge.
    70k 2012 - 5016
    Barge to Hell - 2563
    70K 2013 - 2625
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:30 pm

Libertine69 wrote:Talked to a bunch of interesting people at Scion Rock Fest with bits of info this weekend.

I know a few bands in the works for Barge 2013 already, and, I heard that there is NO WAY Kreator will be playing ANY cruise in the future.
    (Don't kill the messenger)
    This comes from good friends of Jürgen, who say he played a cruise before & hated it. Doesn't plan on it again. In the same conversation, there is a reason for the break in tour dates, but not because Kreator will be on Barge.

I don't believe that. They turned the first one down because they thought that it wouldn't go over well but he said he had a blast and wants to play it now. Also Kataklysm said that they would never play it because of issues with sea sickness but they did anyways. We'll see when the time comes I guess.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:40 am

There's still a few days in between. Could be hard for Kreator but I don't wanna rule them out yet. Morbid Angel and Nile are still very possibly I think.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
Post Reply 805 posts