Post Reply 43 posts
Interview with Andy
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

Interview with Andy

by stoverkill » Mon May 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Here's an interview Chris Armold did with Andy.....

my favorite quote: "Selecting the bands you know is more like a wish list. Everybody that actually sails in the end, was more than happy. If there’s 40 bands, you’re not going to see 80 shows and you’re not going to like them all so whatever. Some people just like bitching!" ~ Andy Piller

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2012/05/andy-piller-70000-tons-of-metal-organizer/
    13 time survivor
    Warphine
    Ensign

Re: Interview with Andy

by Warphine » Mon May 07, 2012 2:26 pm

"I don’t know if you know but today we added “Behemoth” and last week we had “At The Gates”. So for people who are more into the extremist styles or old European stuff, you know, two huge names and there are a couple more killers to come. It’s just a little bit louder and more extreme and more evil a version. Put it that way."

Oh yes!! More killer bands! :P
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon May 07, 2012 3:18 pm

Good interview. I liked that he talks about the issues with merch (though I thought it was fine this time when I went to get a shirt), because that seemed to be the biggest gripe from people. Hopefully Royal Caribbean can grow just like UMC has and work on their end to help improve the process as well.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon May 07, 2012 3:21 pm

I also liked this:

Andy wrote:So simply put there may not be as much power metal or symphonic metal or the kind of softer, more classic heavy metal on barge so we may go a little more into thrash and death metal and black metal and maybe ad some doom and industrial.

The way I read that, it leaves a small opening for some power metal on broad, just less than would be on the 70K cruises! So, I look forward to some power metal bands in the next string of announcements :P
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon May 07, 2012 5:27 pm

mooyagi wrote:I also liked this:

Andy wrote:So simply put there may not be as much power metal or symphonic metal or the kind of softer, more classic heavy metal on barge so we may go a little more into thrash and death metal and black metal and maybe ad some doom and industrial.

The way I read that, it leaves a small opening for some power metal on broad, just less than would be on the 70K cruises! So, I look forward to some power metal bands in the next string of announcements :P

I hope not!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Mon May 07, 2012 5:28 pm

Very interesting interview!
    Now Let's have more than just the dates for 70K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Mon May 07, 2012 8:31 pm

STACH100 wrote:Very interesting interview!

AGREE WITH CAPS LOCK ON :headbanger:
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon May 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Hardrock Haven: A final question for you. Is our next 700000 Tons of Metal cruise ship going to remain the same?

Andy: Yes, the next one will be the same ship but I can’t make a guarantee for always like this because from time to time ships have to be serviced and may not be available for a year or we could move to a sister ship. Maybe sometimes ships get retired or sold to another cruise line or whatever. So there may be some future changes in some future years but for the next two we stick to what we know what has proven to be fantastic!

So we will be going on the Majesty for 70k too.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Tue May 08, 2012 1:12 am

A very interesting read, but also a tough one. I had to read some sentences (especially the ones with 10x 'and' or a shitload of commas in them) two times and then still didn't exactly get it. It wouldn't have harmed to have someone read the thing before putting it online :?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 08, 2012 2:10 am

Tuup wrote:A very interesting read, but also a tough one. I had to read some sentences (especially the ones with 10x 'and' or a shitload of commas in them) two times and then still didn't exactly get it. It wouldn't have harmed to have someone read the thing before putting it online :?

In fairness to the author, he is just transcribing exactly what Andy said.

Not sure how someone proofreading that would have helped :?

Chris: Dude, can you proofread this?
    Dude: *reads* This Andy dude packs a lot into one sentence doesn't he?
    Chris: Yep. kthanxbi. *puts online*
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue May 08, 2012 5:37 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Tuup wrote:A very interesting read, but also a tough one. I had to read some sentences (especially the ones with 10x 'and' or a shitload of commas in them) two times and then still didn't exactly get it. It wouldn't have harmed to have someone read the thing before putting it online :?

Not sure if y'all realize this, but English is not Andy's first language. And yes, the interviewer in this is instance is just transcribing exactly what Andy said. And to suggest is wasn't proof-read before being published is just silly.... besides.. who da fuk gives a shit?

Best quote still..... "Some people just like bitching!" ~ Andy
    13 time survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue May 08, 2012 7:00 am

Ryan, so what you're saying is...

POWERWOLF FOR BTH 2012!!!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue May 08, 2012 7:31 am

stoverkill wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Not sure if y'all realize this, but English is not Andy's first language. And yes, the interviewer in this is instance is just transcribing exactly what Andy said. And to suggest is wasn't proof-read before being published is just silly.... besides.. who da fuk gives a shit?

They didn't proofread very well because there's a typo in the part that I quoted. :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue May 08, 2012 7:31 am

Stained Class wrote:Ryan, so what you're saying is...

Make it so! :beerbang:
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Tue May 08, 2012 7:52 am

stoverkill wrote:Not sure if y'all realize this, but English is not Andy's first language. And yes, the interviewer in this is instance is just transcribing exactly what Andy said. And to suggest is wasn't proof-read before being published is just silly.... besides.. who da fuk gives a shit?

Come on, as if the interviewer could possibly hear the difference between 'cruise' and 'cruse' :P

And no it's not silly to give something you've written to someone else to have a look at it before it's published, even if it's 'only' online. I think it's a pity to be so sloppy with something that you've spent a lot of effort on for the first 90%.

Sorry for the 'bitching', but that's my opinion, even if you think it's silly.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue May 08, 2012 8:10 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Ryan, so what you're saying is...

Make it so! :beerbang:

Powerwolf will be a 70k band... deal with it
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue May 08, 2012 8:23 am

I'm planning on attending 70K too so that's fine with me.

Tesla's the fucking man.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue May 08, 2012 8:25 am

mooyagi wrote:I'm planning on attending 70K too so that's fine with me.

Tesla's the fucking man.

This.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue May 08, 2012 8:42 am

Tuup wrote:Come on, as if the interviewer could possibly hear the difference between 'cruise' and 'cruse' :P

It's called a 'typo'. And that was the interviewer asking the question, so it was not an issue hearing Andy..... (although the interview was over the phone).

Yes it's sloppy. I'm sure there's never been a worse interview ever posted and I was wrong to say it was silly to point it out.

It's just disheartening that so many people always have to nitpick everything to death...... I mean, not liking all the commas? I wasn't really expecting people to be grading a paper. I just thought everyone might like to read an interview with Andy.

:roll:
    13 time survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue May 08, 2012 8:43 am

Not gonna lie, I didn't notice any of the typos or grammar errors at all when I read it...
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue May 08, 2012 8:45 am

I can see how it could be difficult for a non-native English speaker to read. Can't really fault the grammar mistakes on the interviewer, though, as he was just transcribing what Andy had said over the phone. Maybe it could've been better to have an audio recording of the call but it's fine. There was lots of good information in that one and I think the interviewer asked some very good questions.
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Tue May 08, 2012 9:59 am

stoverkill wrote:I just thought everyone might like to read an interview with Andy.

Apparently you haven't read the comment I started off with then... I said I found it interesting to read, although I think it's a pity that it's not well-written. You think it is, fine. Don't take it too personally ;)
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Tue May 08, 2012 10:10 am

Tuup wrote:
    stoverkill wrote:I just thought everyone might like to read an interview with Andy.

Apparently you haven't read the comment I started off with then...

Which one? This one? "A very interesting read, but also a tough one. I had to read some sentences (especially the ones with 10x 'and' or a shitload of commas in them) two times and then still didn't exactly get it. It wouldn't have harmed to have someone read the thing before putting it online :?"

That's the first thing I saw you post. Nowhere does it say you liked it... the closest you came was "interesting" followed quickly with a "but..."

Look, it doesn't matter. I apologized. I said I was wrong. You are correct. It's all good.

Sorry for being argumentative, insulting, condescending or other other way I may have offended you, or anyone else, now or in any previous postings or previous lives.

I will just go away now.
    13 time survivor
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Tue May 08, 2012 10:14 am

You haven't offended or insulted me, don't overreact man :lol: Opinions differ, that's what it's a forum for.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue May 08, 2012 10:32 am

Moral of the story: Bitching Is Fun, Powerwolf, and Nick Tesla.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue May 08, 2012 11:19 am

stoverkill wrote:
    Tuup wrote:

Apparently you haven't read the comment I started off with then...

Which one? This one? "A very interesting read, but also a tough one. I had to read some sentences (especially the ones with 10x 'and' or a shitload of commas in them) two times and then still didn't exactly get it. It wouldn't have harmed to have someone read the thing before putting it online :?"

That's the first thing I saw you post. Nowhere does it say you liked it... the closest you came was "interesting" followed quickly with a "but..."

Look, it doesn't matter. I apologized. I said I was wrong. You are correct. It's all good.

Sorry for being argumentative, insulting, condescending or other other way I may have offended you, or anyone else, now or in any previous postings or previous lives.

I will just go away now.

Is this Stover... or Scott? holy drama!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue May 08, 2012 11:20 am

Stained Class wrote:Moral of the story: Bitching Is Fun, Powerwolf, and Nick Tesla.

MOAR COMMAS!!!!!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Tue May 08, 2012 11:21 am

Stained Class wrote:Moral of the story: Bitching Is Fun, Powerwolf, and Nick Tesla.

Hell yes to all three. I bitch about bands I like being added to Barge, will be seeing Powerwolf next month, and Image

Very good interview too. I didnt mind the mistakes, I guess its because I read blabbermouth every day and they can never post anything without errors.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue May 08, 2012 3:53 pm

OK, ok, everyone calm the fuck down. go eat some deer jerky or stroopwafel, whatever you treat of choice is.

Powerwolf wouldn't actually be all that odd. Granted I only know that last album and it listenable with a few catchy numbers. But with the lyrical content and goofy getup I can see this working and appealing to some. I would be opposed to it.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

P.S. - calm your asses down please :P :P :P
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue May 08, 2012 4:02 pm

KevinP wrote:OK, ok, everyone calm the fuck down. go eat some deer jerky or stroopwafel, whatever you treat of choice is.

Powerwolf wouldn't actually be all that odd. Granted I only know that last album and it listenable with a few catchy numbers. But with the lyrical content and goofy getup I can see this working and appealing to some. I would be opposed to it.

NO. NO POWERWOLF FOR BTH :evil:

Their last album is good, but I got Bible of the Beast last week and it is catchy as all fuck.

I want Powerwolf on 70k 2013 because there is at least a remote possibility I'll do a 70k threepeat and I'd love to see 'em live.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue May 08, 2012 4:12 pm

KevinP wrote:OK, ok, everyone calm the fuck down. go eat some deer jerky or stroopwafel, whatever you treat of choice is.

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue May 08, 2012 4:12 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

NO. NO POWERWOLF FOR BTH :evil:

Their last album is good, but I got Bible of the Beast last week and it is catchy as all fuck.

I want Powerwolf on 70k 2013 because there is at least a remote possibility I'll do a 70k threepeat and I'd love to see 'em live.

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue May 08, 2012 9:13 pm

Damn, why'd things get so tense? :shock:
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Wed May 09, 2012 12:15 am

I thought it was an entertaining read and I especially liked the part where he talked about the global metal family. Too cool. The only thing I disagreed with is the part in the beginning where he says he doesn't think that the cruises are must-do for metal heads.

Skipper, let me just say there's 2000 fans that also disagree. It IS a must do now. :mrgreen: :heavydrink:

(Andy) Piller of the metal community!
    I made the Devil do it.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed May 09, 2012 4:11 am

KDibildeaux wrote:Damn, why'd things get so tense? :shock:

lack of sopapilla's and the natives get restless it seems.

Has this last week at our local Mexican joint and it was out of this world :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Wed May 09, 2012 5:23 am

There is one question I dont know if I like the answer or not:

Andy: There are already ideas and plans that have been put into position and are in the works for more than those two, I also hinted to a few people on the last cruise that there may be a third cruise and maybe even a fourth. Some day and in some place. Cruises may not always be at the same time period every year and they may not happen at the same place. There are many oceans! That’s all I can hint you on. It’s a long process and you have to start at least 24 months ahead.

The thing with this its that bands and money will decide alot of people decisions where to go and the "exclusiveness" of going to 70k will be removed. But I understand why it´s an idea...Otherwise someone else will do it.

But the more positive thing with for example 4 cruises would be that dates and bands for another cruise suits you better. But I prefer to go with the Metal elite that went both the first and second time and returns for a third.
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed May 09, 2012 7:25 pm

KevinP wrote:

Has this last week at our local Mexican joint and it was out of this world :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've actually never had those :party:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu May 10, 2012 12:25 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

I've actually never had those :party:

Dumb American
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu May 10, 2012 12:30 pm

stoverkill wrote:Here's an interview Chris Armold did with Andy.....

my favorite quote: "Selecting the bands you know is more like a wish list. Everybody that actually sails in the end, was more than happy. If there’s 40 bands, you’re not going to see 80 shows and you’re not going to like them all so whatever. Some people just like bitching!" ~ Andy Piller

http://hardrockhaven.net/online/2012/05/andy-piller-70000-tons-of-metal-organizer/

HENCE:.....The "Random Bitching Thread"...YES....we LOVE to BITCH ! :bitch:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Thu May 10, 2012 1:39 pm

STACH100 wrote:Very interesting interview!

As of tomorrow it will be two weeks having nothing but the dates.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
  • Post Reply 43 posts