Post Reply 4880 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Megathread
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

Re: How Far East? All The Way To Moscow!

by Ecliptica » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:44 am

Jesus, I am not sleeping at all this cruise.

Now I really have to straighten out my priories. Already going on record by saying this is the best lineup ever. I don't know how they were going to top the first year, but it's been done.

I almost don't want any more wishlist bands at this point. Metsatoll would make me super happy, but that's about it at this point.

EDIT: Andy (and the crew), you are amazing for organizing this year after year. I am writing a letter of thanks tomorrow. Best lineup ever. Goddamn. Wow. I am stunned. Too stunned to type complete sentences.
    Last edited by Ecliptica on Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:50 am

Ecliptica wrote:Jesus, I am not sleeping at all this cruise.

Now I really have to straighten out my priories. Already going on record by saying this is the best lineup ever. I don't know how they were going to top the first year, but it's been done.

I almost don't want any more wishlist bands at this point. Metsatoll would make me super happy, but that's about it at this point.

Happy for you mate :)

I've got numerous bands I love that I've already seen live, a stack of okay bands that I'll be checking out a set of, but I'm still missing the push-it-over-the-edge band-I-love-I've-never-seen-live factor.

This year I had Therion, Eluveitie, Kamelot, Stratovarius and Edguy. 2011 had Sabaton, Tyr, Iced Earth and Epica.

Would really love 2 or 3 of the bands from my signature on the lineup......
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:54 am

cowboy71 wrote:

. . .but I'm still missing the push-it-over-the-edge band-I-love-I've-never-seen-live factor.

I'm the crazy one that booked 2011 the first day/first hour possible because of Sonata Arctica. And I'm crazy enough that if this cruise was Tyr and 40 no name bands, I probably would've booked again.

Now you're given me my favorite band (Tyr), my second favorite band (Ensiferum), a top five live band (Arkona), my favorite power metal band that got me into power metal that I've never been able to see live (Angra), the band that was the most fun in 2011 (Sabaton), the band that pre-2011 put on the single best show I've ever seen (Turisas), and a band I'm finding renewed interest in since I totally wrote them off lately (Helloween). That's 14 sets for me already. I am fully saturated.
    Last edited by Ecliptica on Tue Jan 15, 2013 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:56 am

Greg, who sleeps on the cruise? :lol:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:04 am

^Well, seems I'll have plenty of time. It's not like I'll be seeing too many bands.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:09 am

Memnoch wrote:^Well, seems I'll have plenty of time. It's not like I'll be seeing too many bands.

I will have more time to sleep on Barge than I will on 70K unless I stay up all night at karaoke.
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:29 am

70K is getting to tempting ..... there are 2 many bands I'd like to see (not counting repeats) I just can't make a commitment to it ........ I just can't :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:32 am

me wrote:without a doubt one of the most requested bands - whoever complains about this announcement should be banned from 70k...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:02 am

last_candle wrote:without a doubt one of the most requested bands - whoever complains about this announcement should be banned from 70k...

Even if billion flies like shit, it's still shit. ;)
    Well, yes, they might be high on many people's lists, but that doesn't make them good or something of a band that everyone has to like. I hate them, simple as that. I have never seen a band that horrible on stage and believe me, I've seen my fair share of bad gigs.
    I don't usually hate any band or genre, some I like more than others, but Arkona, damn they are bad.

The only positive thing about Arkona is the fact that Kevin likes them and won't be seeing them on the boat. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:20 am

Oh what the fuck.
    Well, I saved $300 on my car insurance through some database error...is that enough to get on the cruise?! :cry: :cry:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:24 am

Andy wrote:So our Scouting Party in Europe was going East. How far East? All the way to Moscow! Please welcome some Russians onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. Please welcome ARKONA!

All the while the American Scouting Party started moving North. How far North do you expect them to go?

More Ruskie poon = more better :mrgreen:

Weird how Ville thinks they ae so bad live. When they played Orlando they were fine, didn't see any issue at all.

Then again he likes lots of shitty death metal and girlie drivel :P
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:09 am

Memnoch wrote:
    last_candle wrote:without a doubt one of the most requested bands - whoever complains about this announcement should be banned from 70k...

Well, yes, they might be high on many people's lists, but that doesn't make them good or something of a band that everyone has to like.

I knew at least someone is stupid and egoistic enough to write such response. It still puzzles me that there are people out there expecting that each and every band has to be to their liking. :roll:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:12 am

Andy wrote:So our Scouting Party in Europe was going East. How far East? All the way to Moscow! Please welcome some Russians onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. Please welcome ARKONA!

All the while the American Scouting Party started moving North. How far North do you expect them to go?

Excuse me everybody, I just want to say a little something anout this announcement:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ANDY I FUCKING LOVE YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAY YARILO BE WITH YOU AND BLESS YOUR SOUL FOREVER!!!!!!

MASHAAAAAAAA MUSE OF MY LIFE, I CAN'T BELIEVE I'LL SEE YOU AGAIN!!!!

MY FUCKING GOD I'M JUST SO FUCKING HAPPY I WANNA CRY!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

That's it.
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:19 am

Memnoch wrote:^Well, seems I'll have plenty of time. It's not like I'll be seeing too many bands.

From what you told me you end up not seeing most bands you want to see at festivals anyway :lol: :lol:

Back to back total win announcements for me though! I just happened to be wearing my Arkona shirt yesterday so some part of me knew :shred:
    Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:22 am

Don't care much about this band... next!
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:14 am

Last year, I was concerned that too many brootal death and black were going to be booked.... now it's the OTHER way.

Sorry for my outburst, the forum is no place for petty bitching.

Thank you for your time.
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:19 am

ArlequinA wrote:

Excuse me everybody, I just want to say a little something anout this announcement:

HOLY FUCKING SHIT ANDY I FUCKING LOVE YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MAY YARILO BE WITH YOU AND BLESS YOUR SOUL FOREVER!!!!!!

MASHAAAAAAAA MUSE OF MY LIFE, I CAN'T BELIEVE I'LL SEE YOU AGAIN!!!!

MY FUCKING GOD I'M JUST SO FUCKING HAPPY I WANNA CRY!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

That's it.

I think she's excited. :D * moves another wishlist band into the green on my list* Yay! :bangers:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:51 am

Tuup wrote:Don't care much about this band... next!

Me either, I just hope a few of the next announcements have bands the caliber of the first cruise.
    Right now I'm ashamed to tell anyone about the line up. :cry:
    Or that I'm going again.
    I am on the opposite side of the scale from Ecliptica, I never guessed at this point the line up could be this bad.
    If I could get a full refund right now I would do it.
    Are you listening UMC?
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:20 am

Hey! Great White North scouting party! 3 Inches Of Blood, Devin Townsend and Augury, please!
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:35 am

Ummmm...could they be going as far as the "Arctic"? Is Sonata Arctica the next announcement?
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:56 am

Excellent announcement! Thanks UMC! :cheers:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:11 am

Suck it Memnoch! :lol:

This is an excellent announcement. I saw them twice last year and they were great. Really happy about this one.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:12 am

I'm quite happy with how the cruise is starting to turn out now after a rough start. I do feel for the thrash/death and of course, black metal fans (I would love more black metal). I'm hoping the next few announcements are to their liking.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:25 am

Memnoch wrote:

Well, yes, they might be high on many people's lists, but that doesn't make them good or something of a band that everyone has to like. I hate them, simple as that. I have never seen a band that horrible on stage and believe me, I've seen my fair share of bad gigs.
    I don't usually hate any band or genre, some I like more than others, but Arkona, damn they are bad.

The only positive thing about Arkona is the fact that Kevin likes them and won't be seeing them on the boat. :lol:

Dude, you like Amaranthe! :lol:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:44 am

Jaimie38 wrote:Last year, I was concerned that too many brootal death and black were going to be booked.... now it's the OTHER way.

Sorry for my outburst, the forum is no place for petty bitching.

Thank you for your time.

#CanadianRage
    #WeGotACanadianBadassRightHere
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:50 am

Cross one more off my wishlist!!! :wank:
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Nov 03, 2012 10:40 am

STACH100 wrote:If I could get a full refund right now I would do it.
    Are you listening UMC?

I could've sworn I read you saying something really happy after a couple of the past announcements :P

I was really worried after In Flames and Lacuna Coil were announced - not that I intensely dislike them, but I imagine it ate up an 8/10 salary for a 4/10 band. Arkona is a great add though! Thanks Andy.

If the Northern band is 3iob, I may be content with the final bands being whatever
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:04 am

while in Russia... check us into a MENTAL HOME... or maybe go FLYING!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:34 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:

Dude, you like Amaranthe! :lol:

Exactly!!! :lol: I left ProgPower during their set.
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:48 am

This is a greta line-up. iI've never seen Arkona live, and now, yet another band off my wishlist. So far, i want to catch both sets from Turisas, Ensiferum, TÝR, Heloween, Kreator, Gotthard, Arkona and Sabaton. So that's 16 sets. Plus at least one set from most of the other bands, so far. Not only I won't sleep, I think I'll be running around from one stage to the next, maybe having one meal a day. When I booked I was kind of bummed that the line-up wasn't up to the previous years'. Now I think this is as good as, maybe better.

Oh and all who want MORE BRUTAL TRVE BANDS THAT PLAY METAL AND NOT WEENIE STUFF, (a) go to BHT :lol: :roll: and (b) Maybe the extreme-metal announcements will come after BTH? I mean, imagine the revolution from BTH-ers if there weredeath/black metal announcements during september! :lol:

So, don't worry, folks. Your TRVUE METAL announcements will come. :cool:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:52 am

X-Thor wrote:Oh and all who want MORE BRUTAL TRVE BANDS THAT PLAY METAL AND NOT WEENIE STUFF, (a) go to BHT :lol: :roll: and

This. There's a cruise dedicated to more "extreme", heavy metal. I don't understand the complaints at all. This is like my complaining that Maryland Deathfest doesn't have any power metal bands. You kind of know what you're getting yourself into.

There were never any promises that 70K would remain as diversified, there WERE promises that Barge To Hell would have more "extreme"/heavier bands ::shrug::
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:53 am

Ecliptica wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Oh and all who want MORE BRUTAL TRVE BANDS THAT PLAY METAL AND NOT WEENIE STUFF, (a) go to BHT :lol: :roll: and

This. There's a cruise dedicated to more "extreme", heavy metal. I don't understand the complaints at all. This is like my complaining that Maryland Deathfest doesn't have any power metal bands. You kind of know what you're getting yourself into.

There were never any promises that 70K would remain as diversified, there WERE promises that Barge To Hell would have more "extreme"/heavier bands ::shrug::

As far as I remember, yes, there were statements about 70K remaining diversified. I'm too lazy to look for them (if they even came from this forum).
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:00 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:

As far as I remember, yes, there were statements about 70K remaining diversified. I'm too lazy to look for them (if they even came from this forum).

I'm confident we'll get a black metal announcement for 70K... SOON.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:02 pm

Dunno if there was any official statement, but I was told on the phone that there would still be a good mix. I'm certainly not complaining if the final lineup is power-skewed though.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:03 pm

X-Thor wrote:I'm confident we'll get a black metal announcement for 70K... SOON.

I would like that to happen :bmhorns:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:04 pm

alex_canada wrote:Dunno if there was any official statement, but I was told on the phone that there would still be a good mix. I'm certainly not complaining if the final lineup is power-skewed though.

That is pretty much an official statement in my mind if it's coming direct from someone at UMC.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Nov 03, 2012 12:17 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:I'm confident we'll get a black metal announcement for 70K... SOON.

I would like that to happen :bmhorns:

yeah, just wait a little longer. I mean, imagine how BTH-ers would've revolted if, in the middle of their announcement drought we got a TRVUE BRUTAL METAL announcement...

--
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 1:22 pm

alex_canada wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:If I could get a full refund right now I would do it.
    Are you listening UMC?

I could've sworn I read you saying something really happy after a couple of the past announcements :P

I was really worried after In Flames and Lacuna Coil were announced - not that I intensely dislike them, but I imagine it ate up an 8/10 salary for a 4/10 band. Arkona is a great add though! Thanks Andy.

If the Northern band is 3iob, I may be content with the final bands being whatever

I'm at 6,maybe 7 out of 24, not very good.
    BTW I just checked out some Arkona videos, they are terrible.
    What is wrong with getting bands the quality of Testament, Exodus and Death Angel like the first cruise?
    Last edited by STACH100 on Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:08 pm

I wouldn't be surprised if the North American scouting party grabs a thrash band so there is hope for you Stach.

Or two, for that matter. Only 5 US bands on broad thusfar and the last 2 cruises have had 12 and 16. And it is obviously far cheaper to get US bands on broad so I would imagine we will see at least half a dozen of the remaining bands from the US.

Sucks for me :p As none of my wishlist bands come from the US, and the only US bands I would like on broad (Believer, Living Sacrifice, Impellitteri, Driver, Tourniquet) would have zero chance of getting added.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sat Nov 03, 2012 2:59 pm

"I wouldn't be surprised if the North American scouting party grabs a thrash band so there is hope for you Stach."

I certainly hope you are right. All kidding aside I'm feeling pretty bad about the cruise right now.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • Post Reply 4880 posts