Post Reply 4880 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2013 Megathread
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Your Trip Of A Lifetime Begins In 6 Weeks!

by doomguy » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:15 pm

STACH100 wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:Two great adds. So many bands I want to see, yet no 10-out-of-10 yet. I don't even know what would be...I guess Guardian. Great choices Andy, this year looks to be solid overall.

Just realized that these bands are both belonging to the rainbow brigade. Hi Stach!

edit: you beat me by 10 seconds, haha

Since we are sailing from Miami, it may be prudent to have a few bands people from Miami may have slightly heard of.
    Is the majesty flying under a pink flag?

Haha! :lol: That made me laugh. I heard a radio interview a couple years ago where the interviewee kept using "prudent" where she meant "prudish". Ever since then I've made a point of using them both in the wrong context. It amuses me now whenever I hear someone use it, I always think of that.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:18 pm

It's not like every Delain track is absurdly light. This is off the new album as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q5XTBmi68M
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:24 pm

I'm happy about Heidevolk but I think we are reaching saturation on the folk bands.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:27 pm

alex_canada wrote:It's not like every Delain track is absurdly light. This is off the new album as well.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q5XTBmi68M

Sorry, I know I'm being a dick AND a hypocrite.

ShoreSlayer wrote:...but 'proper' metal can be pretty subjective. Few, if any, of us have identical tastes in metal or would reach 100% agreement as to what does and doesn't belong on the ship.

But, as a music community, shouldn't we agree that, at the very least, if the heaviest song from an album isn't as heavy as, let's say, your typical Nickelback song, then it's not metal?

This Delain stuff just makes me sleepy :|
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:37 pm

I don't think Nickleback uses double bass...but yeah it's hella light. We needed a chick band and it could've been worse.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:52 pm

I wonder if we're going to get the entire Paganfest America 2013 lineup now? Only Trollfest and Helsott left to go.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:58 pm

Well, it looks like I'll have time to eat and poop. 2 new announcements are LAME!
    Morgir
    Oiler

by Morgir » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:07 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Andy wrote: and what the hell are our scouting parties in Eastern Europe and freezing cold Canada doing?

So, still in Canada? Anvil? Ex Deo?

It's most likely Unleash the Archers.
    SYMPHONY X - SEPTIC FLESH - FINNTROLL - KEEP OF KALESSIN - BAL-SAGOTH - AEON - VADER - BARREN EARTH - ARCTURUS - KALMAH - DECAPITATED - MELECHESH - ***BORKNAGAR*** - ENSLAVED - EQUILIBRIUM - WINTERSUN - FINSTERFORST - BLIND GUARDIAN
    Morgir
    Oiler

by Morgir » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:07 pm

Also, fuck YES HEIDEVOLK!!!!
    SYMPHONY X - SEPTIC FLESH - FINNTROLL - KEEP OF KALESSIN - BAL-SAGOTH - AEON - VADER - BARREN EARTH - ARCTURUS - KALMAH - DECAPITATED - MELECHESH - ***BORKNAGAR*** - ENSLAVED - EQUILIBRIUM - WINTERSUN - FINSTERFORST - BLIND GUARDIAN
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:40 pm

alex_canada wrote:Forgot about Xandria...I'd love to see them and I suspect they'd be decently heavy live.

I saw Xandria once and they were kind of boring
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:52 pm

The Weenie Cruise just got more weenielicious :lol:

TEHO, but I've been saying it for years. I just don't "get" how anyone into "metal" listens to this kinda stuff :mrgreen:

Andy knows his customer base though. I'm sure Ville is frothing at the mouth like Laura over a random corpse painted band.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:54 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:Forgot about Xandria...I'd love to see them and I suspect they'd be decently heavy live.

I saw Xandria once and they were kind of boring

tbh, I imagine they might not set the world on fire live, but the album was decent and the singer was hot in the cd booklet. Works for me.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:19 pm

Jebus_Cripes wrote:I'm happy about Heidevolk but I think we are reaching saturation on the folk bands.

Are you feeling over saturated by folk metal?
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:24 pm

KevinP wrote:The Weenie Cruise just got more weenielicious :lol:

TEHO, but I've been saying it for years. I just don't "get" how anyone into "metal" listens to this kinda stuff :mrgreen:

And yet you are trying t get on broad. Maybe you crave for some weenie? :lol:

As to your second point, I like pretty much any subgenre in metal. I'm pretty sure I would've enjoyed the BTH, and I plan to go on one someday. Like ShoreSlayer said, metal can be very loosely defined and encompasses a huge range of very different musical styles. :viking:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:25 pm

Damn, looks like there will be lotsa 'power nap' downtime :lol:
    Hell, I might actually end up sleeping on some nites like on a "normal" cruise.

Can we get some metal now please? :headbanger: :shred: :deathmetal: :death:
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:29 pm

X-Thor wrote:Are you feeling over saturated by folk metal?

I know I am feeling over saturated by it, and I actually enjoy folk metal. We can really use something a little heavier at this point.
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:30 pm

KevinP wrote:TEHO, but I've been saying it for years. I just don't "get" how anyone into "metal" listens to this kinda stuff

BWHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! What an obnoxious, elitist, wanker of a comment - even for you Kevin :P

You have totally out-done yourself with that one.

*golf clap*
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:31 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Jebus_Cripes wrote:I'm happy about Heidevolk but I think we are reaching saturation on the folk bands.

Are you feeling over saturated by folk metal?

I seriously am at this point. Since Metsatoll was out of the question, this would've been my next folk metal request (Avantasia and Falconer would've been perfect, but I shan't be too greedy =P)

Basically, if I could've written up my dream line-up, this would be it.

Sorry you're all disappointed.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:32 pm

Castroh wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Are you feeling over saturated by folk metal?

I know I am feeling over saturated by it, and I actually enjoy folk metal. We can really use something a little heavier at this point.

Yeah, I see where you're coming from.

I'm NEVER going to complain about being SATURATED by folk metal, but I'd certainly welcome thrashier, deahtier (?) or blackier announcements.

--
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:36 pm

There is a complete lack of melodeath on the ship. Give us Insomnium or something along those lines.
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:37 pm

I think Delain & Heidevolk were inevitable 70K adds at some point and very much in sinc with many other bands booked for 2011-2013 (Epica, Nightwish, Lacuna for the female fronted and *many* of the biggies in Euro folk metal-lover's land - Finntroll, Tyr, Ensiferum, Arkona, Eluveitie, and Turisas among others) - all very "Euro-metal" in my view. I actually am a very big fan of both Delain and Heidevolk and personally think they are great adds. Not heartbroken about missing them on 70K this time round though because I saw Delain at Wacken and am not necessarily dying to see them again. Also, will see Heidevolk in Chicago for the first time when they hit down for the awesome upcoming Paganfest America Tour.

I totally agree with Rob that Delain is not "metal" in any traditional sense of the word. For that matter, neither is Heidevolk. For me personally, that makes zero iota of difference though, because I like a very wide variety of music. I can totally get why someone who is mainly into bands like Kreator, Testament, Iron Maiden, and Overkill (who btw, I personally appreciate, have enjoyed seeing all of them live, but am NOT a BIG fan of any of them by any means).

So, this is inevitably where that line in the sand of taste becomes very clearly defined between different fan bases on this forum & elsewhere.

Oh, and what the hell and for what it's worth....here are my favorite songs by both bands:
    Heidevolk: Saksenland http://youtu.be/55ls_ydHstU
    Delain: Start Swimming (beautiful acoustic version) http://youtu.be/zk3VDqex0GE

But, wait - there's more! :lol: I did an advanced search :ugeek: and discovered I'd posted about Delain 23 times and Heidevolk 41 times. (Yes, I'm a fan :P )

search.php?keywords=Delain+&terms=all&author=Laura&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

search.php?keywords=Heidevolk&terms=all&author=Laura&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
    Last edited by Laura on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:38 pm

KALMAH
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:38 pm

Castroh wrote:There is a complete lack of melodeath on the ship. Give us Insomnium or something along those lines.

Melodeath is my second or third favorite subgenre (even though I really don't know that many bands). I'd think In Flames is supposed to cover there (but will fail miserably if they play anything post-2004).

--
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:44 pm

Morgir wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:
    Andy wrote: and what the hell are our scouting parties in Eastern Europe and freezing cold Canada doing?

I sure hope so. This cruise needs UTA and I'd be happy for them as well :shred:

ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    KevinP wrote:TEHO, but I've been saying it for years. I just don't "get" how anyone into "metal" listens to this kinda stuff

BWHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!! What an obnoxious, elitist, wanker of a comment - even for you Kevin :P

*golf clap*

How so? I (and I imagine many others) agree with this post whole-heartedly. Good thing for me though (on this count at least), I'm staying home this round.

X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:46 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

*golf clap*

How so? I (and I imagine many others) agree with this post whole-heartedly

I think Kevin refers to the whole folk metal subgenre (if such a thing exists)...

--
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:47 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Melodeath is my second or third favorite subgenre (even though I really don't know that many bands). I'd think In Flames is supposed to cover there (but will fail miserably if they play anything post-2004).

The problem is that they CAN'T play anything pre-2004, which makes me sad. I would love to see a 'Jester Race' or 'Whoracle' set, but I know I could do a much better job than Anders singing it right now.

I'm a big fan of Insomnium and kind of expect them to get added too. I don't know if I'll be sleeping at all. Or how I'm going to ration seeing bands only once (I almost always see either both sets or zero sets).

And I'm really starting to like Rage.

First world problems -- I have enough money to go on a boat with 40+ metal bands and there are too many I want to see. Wah wah waaaaaaaah.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:51 pm

Ecliptica wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

The problem is that they CAN'T play anything pre-2004, which makes me sad. I would love to see a 'Jester Race' or 'Whoracle' set, but I know I could do a much better job than Anders singing it right now.

Sigh... I know. We need another melodeath band, then!

Ecliptica wrote:I'm a big fan of Insomnium and kind of expect them to get added too. I don't know if I'll be sleeping at all. Or how I'm going to ration seeing bands only once (I almost always see either both sets or zero sets).

I'm having a hard time deciding which bands I want to see two times no matter what, which ones 2 times only if that doesn't mean totally missing out another band, which ones I'll definitely see once (but just once) and which once I'll only see if there's literally nothing else going on.

Ecliptica wrote:First world problems -- I have enough money to go on a boat with 40+ metal bands and there are too many I want to see. Wah wah waaaaaaaah.

That's like the ultimate First World Problem! :lol:

--
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:53 pm

alex_canada wrote:KALMAH

Kalmah and/or Be'lakor would probably be the greatest adds for me at this point. Insomnium would be huge too, but I just saw them.
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:55 pm

Morgir wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

I would prefer them onbroad a year I can go
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Heidevolk are a SUPERB announcement... but, I get to see them on Paganfest, so I'm still not booking
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:08 pm

Castroh wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:KALMAH

Kalmah and/or Be'lakor would probably be the greatest adds for me at this point. Insomnium would be huge too, but I just saw them.

KALMAH
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:09 pm

Another wishlist band- so very glad I booked!! :viking: :viking:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:10 pm

Pamela wrote:Another wishlist band- so very glad I booked!! :viking: :viking:

You have a great wishlist. Except for Manowar :lol:

--
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:04 pm

So happy for Delain, but Heidevolk is just awful.
    Now bring on death metal (and no, not the weeniefied kind)!
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:07 pm

Bentz! wrote:I wonder if we're going to get the entire Paganfest America 2013 lineup now? Only Trollfest and Helsott left to go.

2 members of Helsott are already going to be onbroad! ;)
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Almanac-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Jorn-/-Juvaliant-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Zebra
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:11 pm

I saw Delain's gig at Wacken this year. Monotonous. With female singers, bands tend to lock themselves to one sound.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:58 pm

I don't know both. But I have enought time to hear a little bit from them.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

Re: South South-West from Moscow?

by JARI » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:02 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    JARI wrote:I saw D.A.D in radio rock cruise and it wasn´t so good or i were too drank. I don´t remember. Twisted sister well do they make more than 2 or 3 songs ?

I've seen TS quite a few times, most recently on this years Sweden Rock Festival and Dee is amazing at getting an audience going.

And if you don't know more than 2 or 3 songs from them you just haven't listened well enough, love this band, don't think they'll be on 70k but support it with all my heart if they were to be announced!

(sais the guy in the TS live at Wacken 2003 DVD)

i know more songs but those 2 ore 3 are what i can listen.
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:06 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:This is not metal. This is pop music. I just don't get it :?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lZGhh41W9k

more time to drink/eat/sleep
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
Post Reply 4880 posts