Post Reply 27 posts Page 1 of 1
Booze prices on board
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

Booze prices on board

by meshuggah » Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:36 pm

So, my wife and I have finally decided to take the plunge and headbang for 5 days. To those of you who have done the cruise before, what are the drink prices on board? We're concerned that we'll wind up with a $500 bar bill by the end of the cruise. Thanks in advance for any info. :givebeer:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

Re: Booze prices on board

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:18 pm

I don't remember exact prices but they weren't too expensive. Cheaper than some non cruise bars I've been to
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:40 pm

It depends on your drinking habits. You might spend $500, some spent $1500. Its all about pacing and taste really. If you're drinking AMFs and buying frinks for your newfound friends then you might drink yourself into a hole. If you're a moderately selfish bastard like me then you might spend $200 which really isn't that bad. The booze prices are pretty much on par with Miami's prices, which I think are expensive, but I can get a Blue Moon here for $3. On the boat I think its $6. I could be wrong. Also, I remember the prices changing every so often.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:15 am

Pretty sure the prices were consistent, but if you get a drink brought to you versus going to a bar, they added a service fee on it. Prices are a bit steep for bottles imho, and I'm sure the liquor was equally steep. Probably equivalent to going to any venue that is a decent size. Think the best deal was to buy the cooler pack and carry around your beers with you, but that can be cumbersome.
    Traccia
    Petty Officer

by Traccia » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:01 am

I was wondering the same thing. Good to know its Miami prices. Miami is a bit steep, but all of south Florida is expensive.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:21 am

Keep in mind that gratuity is added onto the price of the drinks on broad.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:37 am

Or go with the bucket or cooler bag. That cooler bag thing was pretty cheap, something like $35 for 8 Bud Lights, although there was some inconsistency between 16 oz bottles and 12 oz cans, and the "free" beer with every bag once you had the bag.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:56 am

EvilDan wrote:Or go with the bucket or cooler bag. That cooler bag thing was pretty cheap, something like $35 for 8 Bud Lights, although there was some inconsistency between 16 oz bottles and 12 oz cans, and the "free" beer with every bag once you had the bag.

I definitely plan on getting the bag on Barge.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:40 am

I thought the prices were cheap, but beer and booze here in Canada is very expensive--comes in by dog sleigh don't you know.
    My bill the first year was $580( on a free Rewards Visa--ya baby!) and this year was $400... and I always had a beer in hand.

You'd spend that on any holiday going out for dinner/drinks etc. Plus the food is inclusive, so that makes it better.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:05 pm

Definitely buy the cooler bag. First time will 8 beers it is $35.
    You keep the bag and refills of 8 beers are $29.
    And they keep the beer cold!
    Also if you but shots, do it at the pool bar, tip well the first time, go back to the same bartender and miraculously your shots get bigger!
    Enjoy!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:02 pm

My bar bill both cruises was around $200-250 - drank beer during the day (around $5-6 each I think?) until early evening and then I switched to vodka red-bulls ($10 I think) and/or Irish coffee from that point in order to stay up all night. (the last sets ended around 3-4 am and then on to karaoke!) :P I agree with Stach about the fact that some of the bartenders were VERY generous with the booze....in my case, tooo generous. :beerwink: One guy in particular one night filled up a glass full of vodka & ice and handed me the Red Bull can when I ordered the vodka Red Bulls. I wasn't really thinking about the fact that there was so much vodka in those glasses and got way too :stagger: that night. I managed to stay up till 6 am three of the four *other* nights but not that one though and missed Dark Funeral's 2 am set on the pool deck. :evil: (luckily I saw their awesome set in the Spectrum though) So, if you're a lightweight as I am when it comes to hard liquor - beware of generous bartenders! :lol:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:05 pm

Foster's is the best for beer. $7 or so and I think the can is a litre.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 3:11 pm

alex_canada wrote:Foster's is the best for beer. $7 or so and I think the can is a litre.

As long as you hold your nostrils shut and cover your tongue with duct tape! :chug:
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:03 pm

Ain't that the truth. Fosters is so horrid even Aussies hate that filth.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:10 pm

STACH100 wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:Foster's is the best for beer. $7 or so and I think the can is a litre.

As long as you hold your nostrils shut and cover your tongue with duct tape! :chug:

Absolutely, but even I broke down and purchased one or two. I was already wasted so I guess I couldn't taste the ugh. That's the way to do it. :viking:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Conrad wrote:Ain't that the truth. Fosters is so horrid even Aussies hate that filth.

Ooooh so true.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Traccia
    Petty Officer

by Traccia » Sat Jun 30, 2012 7:50 pm

PBR beats fosters anyday! Ill take a fosters! Especially at $7 a can!!!!

FUUUUUCK PBR! Had 4 and vomited profusely!

lol.

Fosters never did that to me...

Soco lime anyone?????? :smash:
  • baileydawn
    Oiler

by baileydawn » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:33 am

We went on this last cruise.. What we did was bought the coke pass and That was sweet! Easiest way to get drunk ever! lol. Get pop and whatever shot you want. I asked for a shot of Vanilla vodka and the bartenders usually put three in for like 6 bucks! It's the way to go! My booze bill was like 50$, since I don't drink that much anyway lol. I was so hammered on the Thursday though. Holy moly. Daquiris, vanilla vodka and coke and pina coladas.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:12 am

STACH100 wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: The man speaks the truth.
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:37 am

There's some sort of wine package for those who enjoy such classy beverages. I know not any more details beyond that.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:47 pm

I remember they had these bag things that you could fill with 8 bottles of bud or bud light. first time was like $40 after that the refill was like $28 i think
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Jul 03, 2012 8:04 am

On the first cruise, my wife and I spent about 350$. I got drunk pretty much every night and got real drunk on the last. She didnt drink as much as i did.

Here's some prices I remember, second cruise had the same i believe as first:
    Jager shot was $5
    Dacyeri (sp?) was $8
    Cheapest beers were $4
    I think one night i got some cheap ass gasoline rum 3 shots for $11 - more likely was straight gasoline (Joacim from HammerFall turned down the shot after getting a whiff, Timo from Stratovarius took it with me)

I dont think I really strayed from that but if you plan it right you wont spend too much :belly:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:53 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Conrad wrote:Ain't that the truth. Fosters is so horrid even Aussies hate that filth.

Ooooh so true.

It's bad, but not as terrible as you all make it out to be.
    It's really the way to go if you're looking to save some money and get hammered. But if you just want a few drinks to enjoy a nice buzz, you're better off getting something else.
    2012 - 2019 Survivor
    2020 - Yup!
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:01 am

Fosters is a good way to get drunk fast and cheaper, but is a one way ticket to the bathroom to me. So I skipped it and sticked to Corona.
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:17 am

I spent only 300 dollars on the cruise this year.Granted i didn't drink one of the days and i stole some of Pauls whiskey and also some people i never met before one night insisted on giving me lots of free jager :twisted:
    And come to think of it i think i was still a bit drunk when boarding 70k from the previous nights adventures hehe
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:25 pm

Metalwrath wrote:I spent only 300 dollars on the cruise this year.Granted i didn't drink one of the days and i stole some of Pauls whiskey and also some people i never met before one night insisted on giving me lots of free jager :twisted:
    And come to think of it i think i was still a bit drunk when boarding 70k from the previous nights adventures hehe

You did seem pretty drunk when we saw you before going on the boat :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:29 am

Cheap beer lovin' picture spam! :lol:

I never tried Fosters until setting sail the second cruise - say what some of you will, but it went down just fine with me, and I must say I'm looking pretty damn happy here. :lol: :beerwink: :belly:
    with Bentz's lovely wife Meredith...

And then....of course, there is my favorite cheap beer (best deal at the pre-party and local Chicago clubs and bars no doubt).... :lol: :cheers: :lol:
    with PBR partners in crime Nicole, Slaytanic Erik, Rhia & gnoff :D
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
Post Reply 27 posts Page 1 of 1