Post Reply 33 posts Page 1 of 1
Special performances 1 time only exclusive to 70000 tons
  • Dklean2003
    Oiler

Special performances 1 time only exclusive to 70000 tons

by Dklean2003 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:31 am

Hello,

I love 70000 Tons. If you are a metal fan like me you have probably seen everyone 10 times.

What I liked the most is when the bands did special performances. For Example

Candlemass played Epicus all the way thru
    Testament played there first 2 albums all the way thru.
    Saxon played Denim& Leather and Strong Arm Of the Law all the way thru
    Nightwish did a few songs with Amorphis.

I love stuff like that.

WE NEED MORE OF THAT. Thats what will excite the fans

Oh and I love reunions as well

I wish John Cyrus would of been there with Agent Steel :bangers: :bangers:
    jodionline
    Ensign

Re: Special performances 1 time only exclusive to 70000 tons

by jodionline » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:26 pm

I like specials too.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:09 pm

Having special performances definitely adds to the uniqueness of the cruise :mrgreen:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:23 pm

Special performances are awesome. It definitely adds to the event. Being able to see an artist to something they never usually do is quite special. Moonspell played Wolfheart and Irreligious on the first cruise too. I wonder what they will do on Barge to Hell this time.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:04 pm

I know everyone's said this and I understand why it wasn't done but would've LOVED a Demons and Wizards surprise on the first cruise
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:15 pm

Blackfhyre wrote:I know everyone's said this and I understand why it wasn't done but would've LOVED a Demons and Wizards surprise on the first cruise

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:12 pm

Chuck Billy singing with Uli was it for me! :viking:
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Thu Jul 05, 2012 4:54 pm

Samael played Ceremony of Opposite primarily on the first set, Passage on the second set. I begged them to play Into the Pentegram at the meet and greet, but no luck even though they said they had rehearsed it.

Only downfall with special sets is that if for some reason you can only see one of the sets from a band you might miss the better set due to logistics.
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:17 am

I think special sets are definitely of of the many fine qualities of what sets the cruise apart from a standard metal show for me. Yes...JOHN CYRUS WITH AGENT STEELE WOULD BE SOMETHING I WANT ON 70K!
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:37 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:I think special sets are definitely of of the many fine qualities of what sets the cruise apart from a standard metal show for me. Yes...JOHN CYRUS WITH AGENT STEELE WOULD BE SOMETHING I WANT ON 70K!

He did a couple of shows with them in 2010 and 2011.Last one he did was at Sweden rock 2011.

As far as i know it won't happen again.He doesn't get on with the rest of the band at all.
    And on top of that he has a new band called Sethi who only play songs from the first 2 Agent Steel albums the first EP.
    He has stated though that Sethi's first album released will be basically the follow up to the second Agent Steel album.

As for special shows with bands well they happen more frequently these days than people think
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:48 am

Dklean2003 wrote:Hello,

I love 70000 Tons. If you are a metal fan like me you have probably seen everyone 10 times.

What I liked the most is when the bands did special performances. For Example

Candlemass played Epicus all the way thru
    Testament played there first 2 albums all the way thru.
    Saxon played Denim& Leather and Strong Arm Of the Law all the way thru
    Nightwish did a few songs with Amorphis.

I love stuff like that.

WE NEED MORE OF THAT. Thats what will excite the fans

Oh and I love reunions as well

I wish John Cyrus would of been there with Agent Steel :bangers: :bangers:

I love those things too.

Sorry, but I got to write this:
    Saxon played Wheels Of Steel and Strong Arm Of The Law.
    Testament didn't play the entire The New Order album. They left out Nobody's Fault and Musical Death (A Dirge).
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:28 am

Having Kai Hansen get up with Blind Guardian was a boner-inducing moment for sure.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:32 am

viathyn wrote:Having Kai Hansen get up with Blind Guardian was a boner-inducing moment for sure.

That was awesome. Schaffer's drunk ass bombing the stage made it even better.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:49 am

mooyagi wrote:
    viathyn wrote:Having Kai Hansen get up with Blind Guardian was a boner-inducing moment for sure.

That was awesome. Schaffer's drunk ass bombing the stage made it even better.

One of the best moments. I figured there would be more "mixing bands" aboard
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:50 am

getting to see Anacrusis after all these years is pretty special for us thrash fans....they were a huge factor in mine and Nicky Poo's decision to book BOTH cruises!!!!!

If Anacrusis were on Barge, i may not be booked on 70K because so far i don't care about that lineup much otherwise. Thanks a lot Andy for ruining my bank account! :cry: :cry: :cry:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:30 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:getting to see Anacrusis after all these years is pretty special for us thrash fans....they were a huge factor in mine and Nicky Poo's decision to book BOTH cruises!!!!!

If Anacrusis were on Barge, i may not be booked on 70K because so far i don't care about that lineup much otherwise. Thanks a lot Andy for ruining my bank account! :cry: :cry: :cry:

Rhia maybe you can recomend to me some Anacrusis songs or cds :cheers:

here's the link again - download them for free!

http://anacrusis.us/media%20files/MP3/A ... lbums.html

manic impressions and screams and whispers are both awesome, they only had 2 full-lengths!
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:42 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:I think special sets are definitely of of the many fine qualities of what sets the cruise apart from a standard metal show for me. Yes...JOHN CYRUS WITH AGENT STEELE WOULD BE SOMETHING I WANT ON 70K!

He did a couple of shows with them in 2010 and 2011.Last one he did was at Sweden rock 2011.

As far as i know it won't happen again.He doesn't get on with the rest of the band at all.
    And on top of that he has a new band called Sethi who only play songs from the first 2 Agent Steel albums the first EP.
    He has stated though that Sethi's first album released will be basically the follow up to the second Agent Steel album.

As for special shows with bands well they happen more frequently these days than people think

Man, I guess that's to be expected, I thought as much since he didn't make it on the first cruise, but was still hoping. Any chance we could get SETHI!? I've never seen Agent Steele, so seeing any incarnation of them would be a pretty big deal to me.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:44 pm

WizardBeast wrote:getting to see Anacrusis after all these years is pretty special for us thrash fans....they were a huge factor in mine and Nicky Poo's decision to book BOTH cruises!!!!!

YES!! For me Anacrusis are top priority and Helstar are pretty damn close. I never thought I'd ever get the chance to see Anacrusis. I booked my cabin right away. :D
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:23 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:

YES!! For me Anacrusis are top priority and Helstar are pretty damn close. I never thought I'd ever get the chance to see Anacrusis. I booked my cabin right away. :D

yep, it got me off the fence for sure.

that and the death threats from a certain Finnish woman who promised to kill me if i didn't go on 70K!
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:07 am

I really like the special performances. Something that made each previous 70000tons special unique for me.

I am sure they are going to have something like this next year too.

As many other ones I was really hoping for a Demons & Wizards surprise last year, but I was told that it didn't happen because they had no chance to rehearse. I believe that for some bands playing special set-lists or full albums may be easier then special shows involving musicians that usually don't tour and play together.
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:09 am

Dark Dreams wrote:I really like the special performances. Something that made each previous 70000tons special unique for me.

I am sure they are going to have something like this next year too.

As many other ones I was really hoping for a Demons & Wizards surprise last year, but I was told that it didn't happen because they had no chance to rehearse. I believe that for some bands playing special set-lists or full albums may be easier then special shows involving musicians that usually don't tour and play together.

That's true, Jon told me that as well (also why he said that there was no D&W on the first cruise). He said that him and Hansi's schedule are so different it's almost impossible. Maybe with the BG break something can happen.

Or Hansi is hopefully breaking another promise and all 3 (IE, BG, D&W) can book!
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:39 am

Well, with Rage and the Orchestra just added on, I'm guessing that should keep us people waiting for a special performance happy. Glad I bought my spot as soon as I could.
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:40 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:

yep, it got me off the fence for sure.

that and the death threats from a certain Finnish woman who promised to kill me if i didn't go on 70K!

Death threats should be a good enough reason to get anyone onbroad! :D
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:23 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:

Death threats should be a good enough reason to get anyone onbroad! :D

it was compelling, and probably why i'm booked even before this kickass Rage announcement.
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:30 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Well, with Rage and the Orchestra just added on, I'm guessing that should keep us people waiting for a special performance happy. Glad I bought my spot as soon as I could.

Never enough! We want more!
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:29 am

Still want the Demons and Wizards special performance
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:45 pm

Blackfhyre wrote:Still want the Demons and Wizards special performance

all I can say about that is :deathhorns:
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:20 pm

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Epica with an orchestra. They've done it before...
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Jul 19, 2012 11:57 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:I actually wouldn't mind seeing Epica with an orchestra. They've done it before...

That's a really good idea. And my girlfriend would make it very happy. :cheers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:47 pm

jodionline wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:I actually wouldn't mind seeing Epica with an orchestra. They've done it before...

That's a really good idea. And my girlfriend would make it very happy. :cheers:

Do it, UMC!
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:45 pm

Dark Dreams wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Well, with Rage and the Orchestra just added on, I'm guessing that should keep us people waiting for a special performance happy. Glad I bought my spot as soon as I could.

Never enough! We want more!

It might not be enough, but with Flotz just added...well, that's special enough for me. :shred:
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Thu Jul 26, 2012 1:55 pm

I´m happy with unplanned karaokee performances or guitar class extensions. :shred: :shred: :shred:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:52 pm

YES!!!!!!!!!!!
Post Reply 33 posts Page 1 of 1