Post Reply 461 posts
How fast will 70K 2013 sell out?
    WizardBeast
    Captain

Re: How fast will 70K 2013 sell out?

by WizardBeast » Tue Jul 10, 2012 7:37 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Hoping to get one very soon! Now that I'm settled in somewhere it should help out a bit. I also hope to get one that gives vacation time :roll:

Hey you guys should jus tmove here... The oil industry is actively reacruiting US people for work here, beacuse we don't have enough people to fil jobs. Great weather ( 30c today!!) lots of your favourite cruisers live here or around here..

Kate could easily find an engineering job. We have no baseball though ( the AA league folded this year) .
    Hockey, mountains, and all us awesome Canucks!

You'd have to learn metric.

i know metric. i also speak french. i love beer. i dig hockey. i totally love Trailer Park Boys. don't care about baseball these days. people think i'm canadian anyway.

good to hear companies might be recruiting......maybe i'll pen a move to canada in my 5 year plan. nick is down.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:47 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:
    Castroh wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:11 categories sold out already? Sweet.

Looks like 12 categories are sold out now. It's going much faster than I expected it too.

YES 12!
    Its great, and there are only 13 bands announced!

Wow, looks like this will sell out pretty damn SOON. Not UMC'S version, the real one. :D
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 9:10 pm

If the wife and/or I decide to go, we'd do any double room (barring the Suites unless we won the lottery lol), and there are currently potentially 600+ of those still available.

Can definitely wait a fair while longer before we book.

My guess is that a number of categories will continue to sell out over the next week as UMC work through all the newbies that have requested to book now that sales have opened up.

Once that rush is over bookings will slow to a trickle again unless/until some uber-awesome names are added.

My guess is it won't sell out until December/January - if at all.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:06 am

UPDATE - cross off another 18 cabins. All Interior L gone now.

Type / Double / Triple / Quad
    Interior N / 53 / 15 / 35
    Interior M / 44 / 20 / 19
    Interior L / 52 / 18 / 12
    Interior K / 123 / 10 / 25
    Ocean View I / 76 / 22 / 4
    Ocean View H / 104 / 8 / 10
    Ocean View G / 88 / 6 / 4
    Ocean View F3 / 54 / 0 / 0
    Ocean View F2 / 166 / 0 / 0
    Ocean View F1 6 / 20 / 18
    Superior SO / 84 / 0 / 0

Junior Suite JS / 50
    Grand Suite GS / 8

Total Cabins: 1154
    Number Sold Out: 380

Maximum Number of Cabins Remaining: 774

70000 Tons is destroying Barge To Hell in sales.

Wonder if Andy is wishing he did a power-metal-focused 'Weenie ride to Rainbows' instead of a Barge to Hell for the bleating moaning extreme metal sooks now?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:15 am

"Weenie ride to rainbows" lmao
    70k Survivor-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019
    -/-Witherfall-/-Alestorm-/-Exhorder-/-Soilwork-/-Kobra-and-the-Lotus-/-Powermad-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Symphony.X-/-Iced.Earth-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Leaves.Eyes-/-Overkill-/-Death.Angel-/-Testament-/-The.Order.of.Chaos-/-The.Agonist-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Epica-/-Into.Eternity-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Sanctuary-/-Wintersun-/-Powerglove-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Queensryche-/-Hatchet-/-
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:24 am

And the sales for 70k have barely even started!
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Jul 11, 2012 3:54 am

Seems that we´re on board next year. Juhuuuuuu :beerwink:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:11 am

Well I believe Andy and his crew using alot of Sun Tzu - art of war... in booking version.=) Soon we will probably see Arch Enemy and Dimmu Borgir coming to Barge to raise the sales (sails=)

However I got Turisas and that was all that was needed for me to book :deathhorns:
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:00 am

Laura wrote:
    :cheers: Dallas - here's hoping you get your Magnum and/or Within Temptation! I don't know Magnum at all, but what I have of WT (just have the album The Heart of Everything and especially like the song Frozen!), I like. I like a fair amount of female fronted bands/music, but my top 2 favorite female singers hands down are Tarja and Liv Kristine, with Lori Lewis & Charlotte Wessels being third and fourth.

Thanks Laura :D

I adore Liv Kristine - had the pleasure of seeing Leaves' Eyes and Attrocity when they toured Australia back in around 2006 I think it was.

Saw them in a club where there was a crowd of barely 100 people I reckon. Liv was awe inspiring. Sang like an angel.

Cannot wait for her new solo album - and Leaves' Eyes would be someone who would definitely get me seriously contemplating booking 70k 2013 too :headbanger:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Jul 11, 2012 5:13 am

Considering how quick 70K is going, I have a feeling I'll be seeing more forumites than I was expecting on Barge - the ones more prone to procrastination :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:42 am

Damn! I was hoping to wait until after Metalcamp to book 70k 2013. The way cabins are flying off the shelf, I might have to shell out the $$$ earlier than I planned.
    Fortunately the Bentz!'s live high on the hog and the sections we'd be interested in are not sold out yet.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:30 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    70000 Tons is destroying Barge To Hell in sales.

Wonder if Andy is wishing he did a power-metal-focused 'Weenie ride to Rainbows' instead of a Barge to Hell for the bleating moaning extreme metal sooks now?

Hopefully Barge sales will pick up. We need announcements for that to happen. Gotta bring on more heavy hitters. I'd love a Weenie Ride to Rainbows cruise!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:31 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Laura wrote:
    :cheers: Dallas - here's hoping you get your Magnum and/or Within Temptation! I don't know Magnum at all, but what I have of WT (just have the album The Heart of Everything and especially like the song Frozen!), I like. I like a fair amount of female fronted bands/music, but my top 2 favorite female singers hands down are Tarja and Liv Kristine, with Lori Lewis & Charlotte Wessels being third and fourth.

I adore Liv Kristine - had the pleasure of seeing Leaves' Eyes and Attrocity when they toured Australia back in around 2006 I think it was.

Saw them in a club where there was a crowd of barely 100 people I reckon. Liv was awe inspiring. Sang like an angel.

Cannot wait for her new solo album - and Leaves' Eyes would be someone who would definitely get me seriously contemplating booking 70k 2013 too :headbanger:

Saw Leaves' Eyes once. Bored the crap out of me. I could hardly hear Liv. She was way too soft spoken and couldn't project her voice very well.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:33 am

mooyagi wrote:I'd love a Weenie Ride to Rainbows cruise!

tehe! http://www.gaycruisevacations.com/
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:34 am

Monmisreal wrote:

I was expecting somebody to do that. Didn't take long at all
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:35 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:

I was expecting somebody to do that. Didn't take long at all

Fortunately for you I just happened to log on before making breakfast :beerwink:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:12 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Laura wrote:

Yay - another Liv Kristine fan! Cool you got to see her in such a small place. I adore her as well - I have all of the Leaves' Eyes (except the most recent - need to get that!) and Theatre of Tragedy recordings which I love. She is just so incredibly beautiful in my view and there is a very special, soft, sweet quality to her voice that is magical to my ears. Songs like For Amelile, Norwegian Lovesong, Scarborough Fair & Irish Rain in particular often bring tears to my eyes.* I've never seen her - would love to someday. I had Leaves' Eyes on my 70K 2012 sig wish list - I think they'd be a great 70K band.

Tarja's singing and in particular the song Sleeping Sun does that to me as well (which was somewhat embarassing when I was at Wacken by myself and I got all teary-eyed when she sang that.... ;) )
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:19 am

gnoff wrote:I also like to log onto gay cruise websites before breakfast, it's a good way to start the day

It's the only way to start the day
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:29 am

gnoff wrote:I also like to log onto gay cruise websites before breakfast, it's a good way to start the day

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess it wont help my case that I had some banana nut bread with breakfast
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:33 am

gnoff wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I guess it wont help my case that I had some banana nut bread with breakfast

mmm, bananas and nut (sacks?) for breakfast!
    So yummy!

With a happy ending?
    :lol:

I crack myself up, mmm, cracks...

Oh man and the spread! :oops: ...ok thats enough of that. Beer!
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:37 am

gnoff wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:Oh man and the spread! :oops: ...ok thats enough of that. Beer!

hehehe, yeah, beer!

And bacon!

mmmm, beer flavored bacon!

Looks like 70k is selling pretty well, guess band announcements don't really matter, seeing how Barge don't sell as well and have plenty of better line-up so far :roll:

lmao I had a dream last night that we were making our way to port...but there was still no destination and the rest of the bands would be a surprise. I guess that means umc has me hook line and sinker :?
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:10 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    gnoff wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:Oh man and the spread! :oops: ...ok thats enough of that. Beer!

hehehe, yeah, beer!

And bacon!

mmmm, beer flavored bacon!

Looks like 70k is selling pretty well, guess band announcements don't really matter, seeing how Barge don't sell as well and have plenty of better line-up so far :roll:

lmao I had a dream last night that we were making our way to port...but there was still no destination and the rest of the bands would be a surprise. I guess that means umc has me hook line and sinker :?

:lol: In some crazy way, that could be kind of fun. Show up at one of the stages wondering who is about to play.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:54 am

gnoff wrote:Introducing, gnoff, banging on empty beer kegs, and occasionally on a triangel of doom, enjoy!

aaehh!

*crab waking*

Four hour double set of gnoff's interpretation of sex pistol songs!
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Jul 11, 2012 11:55 am

mooyagi wrote: :lol: In some crazy way, that could be kind of fun. Show up at one of the stages wondering who is about to play.

Blackguard...every stage...every time
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:20 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    mooyagi wrote: :lol: In some crazy way, that could be kind of fun. Show up at one of the stages wondering who is about to play.

Maybe it won't be so fun then :shock:
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Jul 11, 2012 12:29 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:

They are also every bartender...room service person...and last but not least...every single passenger.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:08 pm

I think the addition of what are often referred to as 'hot topic' bands (Lacuna, In Flames, Dragonforce) will fill a lot of cabins with newbies.

And I'm not too sure I want to be on a boat filled with those kind of fans :P Don't get me wrong, I like Lacuna and Dragonforce, but those 3 bands in particular attract fans that I would not describe as 'metal' fans.

And Laura - agree with you totally on Tarja too!! :D

There is a 'crowd sourced funding' project for a fan-version of her upcoming live release that I'm considering putting money down for. Just need to decide what I want:

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/tar ... roject4914
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:34 pm

cowboy71 wrote:.

I sort of picture Barge as a bunch of people standing around without fist-pumping, discussing how the band on stage isn't black enough TBH
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:41 pm

alex_canada wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:.

I sort of picture Barge as a bunch of people standing around without fist-pumping, discussing how the band on stage isn't black enough TBH

Needs more black metal before that crowd books :lol:

Pweez, Andy. I can haz black metal?
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:04 pm

Monmisreal wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Monmisreal wrote:Blackguard...every stage...every time

They are also every bartender...room service person...and last but not least...every single passenger.

Somehow I find this believable :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:00 am

gnoff wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Considering how quick 70K is going, I have a feeling I'll be seeing more forumites than I was expecting on Barge - the ones more prone to procrastination :lol:

well, seems they'll get better bands and cheaper cabins and to be part of a new virgin trip then!
    And they get to meet you, win win :D

I'll be on both cruises, so anyone going will be lucky enough to meet me :viking:

:oops: :D So much sweeter than my Finnish husband you are :lol:

Monmisreal wrote:
    mooyagi wrote::lol: In some crazy way, that could be kind of fun. Show up at one of the stages wondering who is about to play.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:41 am

The entire interior is almost sold out. Only K remains.

I'm going to make a wild prediction of December 16th sold out.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:56 am

Jan 5 - due to the Barge
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:16 am

Blackfhyre wrote:Jan 5 - due to the Barge

Barge is why I say December 16th. Certain people just getting back from barge and are still on that high and who have the spare income to burn will book 70k so they can do it again in a couple months.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:17 am

Jebus_Cripes wrote:

Barge is why I say December 16th. Certain people just getting back from barge and are still on that high and who have the spare income to burn will book 70k so they can do it again in a couple months.

very true. i just assume most are going to have to chose between barge and 70k
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:30 am

Jebus_Cripes wrote:

Who has spare income after one of these cruises? :shock:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:31 am

Jebus_Cripes wrote:The entire interior is almost sold out. Only K remains.

I'm going to make a wild prediction of December 16th sold out.

Wow. Are we ahead of where we were at this time last year? Where's that damn Stats Man signal when you need it?
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:34 am

mooyagi wrote:Who has spare income after one of these cruises? :shock:

:beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:36 am

mooyagi wrote:Who has spare income after one of these cruises? :shock:

Not me :|
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Melusine
    Oiler

by Melusine » Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:55 am

cowboy71 wrote:I think the addition of what are often referred to as 'hot topic' bands (Lacuna, In Flames, Dragonforce) will fill a lot of cabins with newbies.

And I'm not too sure I want to be on a boat filled with those kind of fans :P Don't get me wrong, I like Lacuna and Dragonforce, but those 3 bands in particular attract fans that I would not describe as 'metal' fans.

http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/tar ... roject4914

In my experience Lacuna and Dragonforce tend to draw a very young teen crowd on their own at least in comparison to most of the shows I attend. Now this being my first cruise I don't know, but am I correct in guessing that it draws a little bit older group, hence weeding out some of the folks you are referring to?
Post Reply 461 posts