Post Reply 79 posts
A Band from the ashes of PANTERA?
  • HardNHeavy
    Crewman

A Band from the ashes of PANTERA?

by HardNHeavy » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:27 am

what about something from the ashes of Pantera on the boat?
    I would love to see a band like Hellyeah, Down or Kill Devil Hill on this years 70000TOM cruise!
    pablov8
    Midshipman

Re: A Band from the ashes of PANTERA?

by pablov8 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:50 am

I'm down for Down :P. It would be interesting to see Anselmo on the boat :lol:

I didn't like what I heard of Hellyeah though
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:57 am

I could support booking any and all of them on Barge. :mrgreen:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:00 am

pablov8 wrote:I'm down for Down :P. It would be interesting to see Anselmo on the boat :lol:

I didn't like what I heard of Hellyeah though

Only with bodyguards. :D
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:01 am

I really enjoy Down, Hellyeah is eh. Haven't heard much from KDH it's a shame he left Down.
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:38 am

One time at NAMM, I was at the dean afterparty and a bunch of guitar heroes were performing, followed by Hellyeah and Megadeth. I gotta say, watching hellyeah left me with a bad taste in my mouth... I just don't think they have the right kind of attitude to compliment this festival. Just my $0.02.

I can't comment on the others though, as I'm not familiar.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:04 am

I would be fine with Down on BTH if it meant that Pepper would join Corrosoion of Conformity for a set or two.

Hellyeah? Hell NO!
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:05 am

If Hellyeah was on, I would for sure check them out, but prob only once just because of the fact Vinnie Paul and i love him. listened to their stuff and its not my type
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:05 am

I agree with no Hellyeah. I would probably watch a down set.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:11 am

Dinner time!
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:30 am

Blackfhyre wrote:Dinner time!

^

I dont hate Pantera but I lived in New Orleans for 10+ years so every metal show and metal bar I went to played nothing but Pantera. I could live with never listening to them ever again :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:07 pm

Blackfhyre wrote:Dinner time!

yeah, any of these bands would be an awful addition hahah.

and i used to love pantera in my teens and still crank some of their stuff. not into any of the other racket though.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jul 13, 2012 1:35 pm

I would not mind the addition. If it was Down I would try to catch both sets. If it was Hellyeah I'd prob just make an appearance to support Vinnie.

That being said, I would love to meet Vinnie Paul and hang out with him if they were on.
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:23 pm

I have Down on my wishlist. They would be good for chilling out on a boat having some beers. I've seen them live several times before though, so not a big deal for me if they don't. I don't care for Hellyeah and KDH is too new, so I haven't really listened to them enough to make judgement.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:30 pm

I do like Phil Anselmo's voice....... Haven't checked out Down yet, though
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:37 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:I do like Phil Anselmo's voice....... Haven't checked out Down yet, though

you also like mooyagi, so your taste is suspect at best :P :lol: :P
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:46 pm

KevinP wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:I do like Phil Anselmo's voice....... Haven't checked out Down yet, though

you also like mooyagi, so your taste is suspect at best :P :lol: :P

Tell me something I don't know :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry: :lol: :cry:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:42 am

I just don't see Phil being willing to do it, but would love to have Down on the Barge.

Maybe it's just living in Dallas, and the fact he's still getting death threats. Maybe it's different in other areas of the world.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:34 am

All 3 bands are absolute Garbage.
    Especially Down.Never understood the big hype about them.It's like hey look at us we are 'cool because we smoke loads of weed'
    Also Pantera are horribly overated ;)
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:45 pm

Metalwrath wrote:All 3 bands are absolute Garbage.
    Especially Down.Never understood the big hype about them.It's like hey look at us we are 'cool because we smoke loads of weed'

i agree with peter on this for sure!!!!
    Lil' Stovie
    Oiler

by Lil' Stovie » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:19 pm

me Dadie like dis crapola
    Rocking in my crib and eating dead animals
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:57 pm

Metalwrath wrote:All 3 bands are absolute Garbage.
    Also Pantera are horribly overated ;)

For me it is the atmosphere they have with their sound. I don't smoke weed, so what they do in that regard doesn't interest me at all. Maybe it is living somewhere that's fairly close to New Orleans and I just get an impression from their songs which hits me close to home. Their music reminds me of listening to good music at some worn little metal bar in the middle of the summer. If you don't like it or can't relate to it no big deal, but that doesn't make it bad. When I'm in the mood to sit on the back porch, crank some slow trippy metal and just sip on a beer, I enjoy listening to it a lot then.

As for Phil being afraid of people, I don't know about that. I saw them play at a show in Austin at a TINY TINY TINY bar that was so packed with people that you could not even move. They were up on the stage completely surrounded by people so much so that they could not even get off the stage between the last song and the "encore". The whole band just sat there smoking their cigarettes and drinking beers for 5 minutes and then started playing again. One of the coolest experiences I've ever had. Also, if you think about it, the cruise boats are probably one of the safest places to be with all the security you have to go through to get on the boat. Unless someone was to try to push you overboard, you would be safer than any normal show probably.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jul 16, 2012 7:24 am

I like Pantera, but not any of the bands that their members started afterwards. Not even Damage Plan :ugeek:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:01 am

Pantera was one of the first metal bands i really got into. I got into them because of the music but the excessive pot smoking is always a plus. :smoking: I liked Damage plan but never got too into them. I think Down is by far the best project to come from them and i do actually really like them. Again not one of my favorites but they're good. All that being said none of them even came close to Pantera in my book and I just don't see Phil doing the cruise thing
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jul 16, 2012 11:23 am

Stained Class wrote:I like Pantera, but not any of the bands that their members started afterwards. Not even Damage Plan :ugeek:

with ya.....420% :smoking:
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Mon Jul 16, 2012 2:11 pm

The first Down album (NOLA) is Phil's finest vocal performance and is as good as any Pantera album. Go ahead and put on Lifer or Stone the Crow and tell me that sucks.

Hell Yeah and Damageplan are embarassingly bad and have 0% chance of being on the cruise. I would like Down to get on BTH.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:34 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:I like Pantera, but not any of the bands that their members started afterwards. Not even Damage Plan :ugeek:

lmfao that just made me think of Superjoint Ritual. I remember looking at their album cover and just being all Image
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:25 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:

lmfao that just made me think of Superjoint Ritual. I remember looking at their album cover and just being all Image

Hahaha. A lot of my friends will eat up anything that Phil does, but as for me, I think most of his other projects aside from Down suck ass. I think there was one SJR song i liked but overall not my something I would listen to or go see unless they were supporting someone else
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:51 am

I'm glad for this thread - because it gave me the push to finally listen to some Down so far (Pantera is next) - don't know why these bands were never on my music radar in any way because they (and I :lol: ) have been around forever. Oh well... so far - watched this video of Stone the Crow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro WOW! This is awesome and the kind of song where I think there is fuzzy distinction between the genre terms hard rock & heavy metal - this has a good 'ole down and dirty "hard rock/southern hard rock" vibe to it in my view (even though I believe they are considered primarily a metal band?). This song also has a bit of a Pearl Jam-ish sound to it to me....both the vibe and the vocal style.

Btw - someone clue me in on the :smoking: connection with these bands - is it that both the band members and the fans themselves are primarily stoners? Being an un-apologetic stoner myself - I'd like to know more. :P :lol:

I'd be down with Down on Barge - haha - based on one song. :beerbang:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:57 am

Laura wrote:I'm glad for this thread - because it gave me the push to finally listen to some Down so far (Pantera is next) - don't know why these bands were never on my music radar in any way because they (and I :lol: ) have been around forever. Oh well... so far - watched this video of Stone the Crow: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBLbrJxGtro WOW! This is awesome and the kind of song where I think there is fuzzy distinction between the genre terms hard rock & heavy metal - this has a good 'ole down and dirty "hard rock/southern hard rock" vibe to it in my view. This song also a bit of a Pearl Jam-ish sound to it to me....both the vibe and the vocals style.

Btw - someone clue me in on the :smoking: connection with these bands - is it that both the band members and the fans themselves are primarily stoners? Being an un-apologetic stoner myself - I'd like to know more. :P :lol:

I'd be down with Down on Barge - haha - based on one song. :beerbang:

Both the members of Pantera and Down are all stoners so there's the connection, they're very open about their support for pot. Check out the song "Hail the Leaf" - all about smoking. :smoking:
    Many of their fans are stoners too but I have a few friends that like them that are not.
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:01 am

^^^ thanks for the info :cheers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:03 am

Also, Kirk from Crowbar is the lead guitar in Down and he was a really cool guy to hang out with last year on board :heavydrink:
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:58 am

Blackfhyre wrote:Also, Kirk from Crowbar is the lead guitar in Down and he was a really cool guy to hang out with last year on board :heavydrink:

Didn't know the music of Crowbar and unfortunately didn't get around to checking them out before the cruise (and nor did I see them on the cruise :oops: ). A friend of mine is a big fan, however, and she got some of the Crowbar guys high with some pot she scored on Grand Cayman and had a good time. The original plan was for me to connect up with her and others to :smoking: - but it didn't happen, sadly - we somehow managed to mis-connect a few times. Ah well, better luck with Barge on that front, since this person is going on Barge as well.
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:32 pm

I like a lot of Down, and lately I've been listening to a lot of similar stuff. However, I'm not sure what to call it. I usually referred to it as Stoner Metal, but others have been referring to the music (not necessarily of Down) as Doom Metal, but most of the Doom that was recommended on this forum last year, I did not care for at all. It was different than this sound which I like. I've heard other bands, that I would relate to the sound, being called Sludge Metal, Southern Metal, Southern Sludge Metal, Classic Rock Metal, Desert Rock, and scores of other things.

Most of what was on the Sons of Sabbath CD that came with Metal Hammer was called Doom, but I would put most of it into what I've been calling Stoner Metal.

BTW, Laura, I would really be interested in hearing what you think of Royal Thunder. I've been listening to CVI a LOT, and I just thought you would appreciate it. I don't think I would have cared for it on a song by song basis, but the album taken as a whole is amazing.

Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:42 pm

EvilDan wrote:I like a lot of Down, and lately I've been listening to a lot of similar stuff. However, I'm not sure what to call it. I usually referred to it as Stoner Metal, but others have been referring to the music (not necessarily of Down) as Doom Metal, but most of the Doom that was recommended on this forum last year, I did not care for at all. It was different than this sound which I like. I've heard other bands, that I would relate to the sound, being called Sludge Metal, Southern Metal, Southern Sludge Metal, Classic Rock Metal, Desert Rock, and scores of other things.

Most of what was on the Sons of Sabbath CD that came with Metal Hammer was called Doom, but I would put most of it into what I've been calling Stoner Metal.

BTW, Laura, I would really be interested in hearing what you think of Royal Thunder. I've been listening to CVI a LOT, and I just thought you would appreciate it. I don't think I would have cared for it on a song by song basis, but the album taken as a whole is amazing.

I would not call it doom metal. My unofficial term is "Southern Blues Stoner Metal"
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:42 pm

now that i read it myself it looks kinda lame lol
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:24 pm

^^^ hmmm...."Southern Blues Stoner Metal" - I actually like the sound of that. I have not delved into much (if any?) bands that would fall into that category. No doubt I'd probably like a lot of it though since I'm (or at least at one time was) a big-time old school blues-rock/southern rock fan - namely groups/artists like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Molly Hatchet, ZZ Top, Black Oak Arkansas, and so on. (not to mention bluesy hard rock like Zeppelin). I haven't listened to that kind of music much at all in *many* years, but I still love and appreciate it when I do hear it - like when a song pops up on the local classic rock radio station. I only had music by those bands on vinyl that I bought back in the day (all long ago given away/sold) and never replaced on cd or digital.

Dan - thanks much for mentioning Royal Thunder - I'm looking at their facebook page and there is a great quote from npr.org - presumably from a review of the album CVI - "A revved-up Southern hard-rocker that howls like Led Zeppelin astride a psychedelic unicorn."

:shock: haha - I think I like it already.
    Last edited by Laura on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:30 pm

Laura wrote:^^^ hmmm...."Southern Blues Stoner Metal" - I actually like the sound of that. I have not delved into much (if any?) bands that would fall into that category. No doubt I'd probably like a lot of it though since I'm (or at least at one time was) a big-time old school blues-rock/southern rock fan - namely groups/artists like Lynyrd Skynyrd, Allman Brothers, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Molly Hatchet, ZZ Top, Black Oak Arkansas, and so on. (not to mention bluesy hard rock like Zeppelin). I haven't listened to that kind of music much at all in *many* years, but I still love and appreciate it when I do like when a song pops up on the local classic rock radio station. I only had music by those bands on vinyl that I bought back in the day (all long ago given away/sold) and never replaced.

Dan - thanks much for mentioning Royal Thunder - I'm looking at their facebook page and there is a great quote from npr.org - presumably from a review of the album CVI - "A revved-up Southern hard-rocker that howls like Led Zeppelin astride a psychedelic unicorn."

Well if you like the sound of it then i retract my lame statement :lol:
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Wed Jul 18, 2012 5:22 am

Laura wrote:Dan - thanks much for mentioning Royal Thunder - I'm looking at their facebook page and there is a great quote from npr.org - presumably from a review of the album CVI - "A revved-up Southern hard-rocker that howls like Led Zeppelin astride a psychedelic unicorn."

Cool! Aside from loving the album myself, I kept finding myself thinking you'd enjoy it. And there is a LOT more to it, but I'm trying not to say too much, so you can form your own opinion.

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jul 18, 2012 2:50 pm

^^^ :cheers: Dan and nice you were thinking of me. :beerwink:
    So, I was feeling impulsive today and bought CVI cold off iTunes - grooving out to the long track Blue at the moment. My one word review after listening to 5 tracks so far - groovy. :mrgreen: Thanks again for the heads up on Royal Thunder - you read me right on liking this band.
    Btw - just checked their tour dates and damn! They played in a small club in my neighborhood just last month! Maybe I can catch 'em next time through.
Post Reply 79 posts