Post Reply 238 posts
Begginer's advice
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Begginer's advice

by X-Thor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:24 am

So, this will be my first 70K tons. I am really looking forward to it.

Anyway, I haven't booked yet. I'll do it sometime next week, but I was wondering if you had any kind of advice. Something you wished someone had told you before your first 70K.

Also, if this has already been covered in another thread, I'd appreciate if you posted the link to it.

Thank you!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Begginer's advice

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:29 am

Welcome! :cheers:

Not sure exactly what kind of advice you're going for. Travel related? Hotels? People related? Band related? What to do on the ship?

Really, the main thing is that you are going to have a great time and meet lots of amazing people.

The one thing I regretted not doing the first cruise was to go to the karaoke bar at night. I went to it for the second cruise. My advice would be to check it out. It's a lot of fun.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:50 am

Thank you! :heavydrink:

I was thinking about more before-you-book and once-you-are-in-the-ship advice. But I realise I should have been more specific.

I'll probably book a single ticket, so I'd like to know if, from the experience of anyone in this forum, that is a good idea.

Also, what the hell is all that "Moneybookers" thing I'm reading all over the forum?

Anyone had "security" issues? Someone trying to steal your stuff or anything like it?

Thanks for the karaoke advice! I'm starting to think I'll get about 3 hours of sleep every day, at best, with all the shows and late-night activites.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:55 am

3 hours sounds about right.

I think as long as the total cost of your payment is below Moneybookers' single payment limit, you won't have much of a hassle. I used them for the second cruise and my total payment was below the required amount and it worked out just fine. Your best bet may be to break up payment into smaller amounts if need be. Also, be sure to pre-clear the transaction with your credit card company. Some cc companies block the payment as it initially looks suspicious. The best thing to do is to pay via bank transfer if you can.

No experience with a single ticket but I haven't heard any horror stories from anyone.

No security issues whatsoever for me. The cabin has a safe for which you can set the code if you have small, valuable items that you are worried about like wallets, cameras, passports, etc. The only thing of value you really carry around (aside from a camera if you have one) is your keycard for the room and for on broad payments.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:03 pm

I book a single. They'll ask for a second passgenger, and just put yourself as second pass.
    Arrive on Sunday at least. There is a preparty arranged by a local andit's a great meet and greet. It's amazing how easy it is to locate people by following posts,pics etc "Hey I know you from the Forum!" is a popular greeting.
    Getting on the ship is about as easy as an airplane--security, line ups , etc.. but its fun as you hang with everyone --including bands, sign in with passport and credit card, get your sea-pass and onbroad! Rooms are ready about 2 pm, but the bars and buffet are open and you can walk around the ship and watch the pool deck stage being built.
    Sit back, relax and be ready for the best holiday of your life. What's the best about the whole event, are the people-- no assholes make it to the ship-- everyone is cool... no fights, no drama no destruction. The cruise staff are amazing,and I'm assuming most will work that week with us :lol:

:beerwink:
    "Let's Get This Bitch in the Water"

Welcome!
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:06 pm

mooyagi wrote:3 hours sounds about right.

I think as long as the total cost of your payment is below Moneybookers' single payment limit, you won't have much of a hassle. I used them for the second cruise and my total payment was below the required amount and it worked out just fine. Your best bet may be to break up payment into smaller amounts if need be. Also, be sure to pre-clear the transaction with your credit card company. Some cc companies block the payment as it initially looks suspicious. The best thing to do is to pay via bank transfer if you can.

No experience with a single ticket but I haven't heard any horror stories from anyone.

No security issues whatsoever for me. The cabin has a safe for which you can set the code if you have small, valuable items that you are worried about like wallets, cameras, passports, etc. The only thing of value you really carry around (aside from a camera if you have one) is your keycard for the room and for on broad payments.

Thanks!

To be perfectly honest, I still can't quite believe it will be as awesome as it looks. But every review says it's maybe even better. Can't wait!

--
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:08 pm

X-Thor wrote:Thank you! :heavydrink:

I was thinking about more before-you-book and once-you-are-in-the-ship advice. But I realise I should have been more specific.

moneybookers itself it not a threat but thieves and con artists have used moneybookers. so, a lot of our credit card companies deny moneybookers because it's SO widely associated with fraudulent activities.

so, the problem i had with using moneybookers, besides any $ limit, was that my Capital One Visa rejected the transaction. i had to call Capital One, but the customer service took good care of me and put the transactions through. since i used the card to pay for me and my husband, i had to do them as two separate transactions. but yeah they went right through once i called my credit card.

notes:
    planning on 2-4 hours of sleep a night is about right for a lot of us crazies!

bring ginger pills, they help with seasickness and are easy to find!

you can board the ship way earlier than 4pm. we were on before noon! and there's food so don't bother eating lunch before you board!

the rooms are extremely small! pack light!

bring earplugs, and if you're worried about your cabinmates waking you, sleeping with a sleep mask and foam earplugs is AWESOME!

dont' drink too much at the pre-party. starting the whole cruise sick as hell sucks!

use public transit in miami. much cheaper than cabs.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:20 pm

The bank to bank transfer is the easist option. I can't figure out why everyone keeps using moneybookers when it clearly isn't a smooth process. 5 minutes at your bank and POW! Done.

I have to say, I'm super anal by nature about where my belongings are and the risk of theft, but I'm still amazed after having RC load our luggage and to be gone for a few hours, going to our cabin and finding our stuff sitting at the door seeemed the most natural thing in the world. Nothing seemed safer than a (literal) boatload of metalheads. :cheers:

The sense of family had already been reinforced for days before getting onbroad since a sea of black clad, booted motherfuckers sticks out like a festering thumb in sunny, pastel Miami. You INSTANTLY know who the friends you've never met already are. Man, I fucking love that!
    I made the Devil do it.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:22 pm

Evil Red wrote:The bank to bank transfer is the easist option. I can't figure out why everyone keeps using moneybookers when it clearly isn't a smooth process. 5 minutes at your bank and POW! Done.

I have to say, I'm super anal by nature about where my belongings are and the risk of theft, but I'm still amazed after having RC load our luggage and to be gone for a few hours, going to our cabin and finding our stuff sitting at the door seeemed the most natural thing in the world. Nothing seemed safer than a (literal) boatload of metalheads. :cheers:

The sense of family had already been reinforced for days before getting onbroad since a sea of black clad, booted motherfuckers sticks out like a festering thumb in sunny, pastel Miami. You INSTANTLY know who the friends you've never met already are. Man, I fucking love that!

see my bank transfer was a pain, had to fax all these forms and shit...glad it was easy for you!
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:24 pm

Really? What happened? I've done all 3 that way without any issues at all.
    I made the Devil do it.
    metal_steve
    Petty Officer

by metal_steve » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:25 pm

To be perfectly honest, I still can't quite believe it will be as awesome as it looks. But every review says it's maybe even better. Can't wait!

Oh believe me it is!!
    I was a 70K virgin last cruise and had a ball.

The only downside for me was the smoking :bitch: AND I'M NOT TRYING TO START A WAR :bitch: .
    Where I'm from, you cannot smoke in bars and it was a real shock to the respiratory system at the karaoke.
    However, there is plenty of fresh air on the pool deck and once the body became adjusted it was OK.

Nothing seemed safer than a (literal) boatload of metalheads. :cheers:

Amen to that! As soon as my coach pulled around the corner by the port and I started to see black t-shirts I knew I was safe!

I had no trouble paying for my cabin. Mine was $40 odd over the payment limit so I just made 2 payments, one after the other - all sweet. In-fact, between the first and second payment, maybe half a minute, my banks credit card fraud dept was on the phone to see if I was using my credit card to make a payment to Moneybookers for a cruise!!!

Welcome abroad :viking:
    This ship needs more gothic, symphonic, female fronted bands, but I can handle some THRASH!!!

Find me onbroad @ Doro Sabaton Lacuna Coil In Flames Nile Dragonforce Rage Anacrusis
    Helloween Delain Gotthard Kreator Angra Metal Church Tiamat Vika Yermolyeva Lizzy Borden
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:26 pm

Evil Red wrote:Really? What happened? I've done all 3 that way without any issues at all.

i had Chase at the time, they were charging me a $35 transfer fee and to get that reimbursed i had to fax some stuff to UMC, they paid it, but it took a while to get everything processed, and i had to fill out forms at Chase too...

i now go to a local credit union, that process could be much easier now!
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:28 pm

metal_steve wrote:
    The only downside for me was the smoking :bitch: AND I'M NOT TRYING TO START A WAR :bitch: .
    Where I'm from, you cannot smoke in bars and it was a real shock to the respiratory system at the karaoke.
    However, there is plenty of fresh air on the pool deck and once the body became adjusted it was OK.

there was an entire thread about the smoking thing, and even a lot of smokers thought that it was too bad in the karaoke lounge! no war started, i am sure. it is something that is good to point out though, you may reek of smoke if you hang out in certain spots on the ship, ewww.

so be prepared! it is good to bring throat lozenges!
    Last edited by WizardBeast on Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:29 pm

Evil Red wrote:The sense of family had already been reinforced for days before getting onbroad since a sea of black clad, booted motherfuckers sticks out like a festering thumb in sunny, pastel Miami. You INSTANTLY know who the friends you've never met already are. Man, I fucking love that!

That's one of the best parts of the whole experience. It was amazing walking around Miami Beach and having an instant connection with anyone wearing black. :death:
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:30 pm

My first 2 were at Bank of America and right before Barge, I switched to a credit union also. All good here.
    I made the Devil do it.
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:33 pm

mooyagi wrote:That's one of the best parts of the whole experience. It was amazing walking around Miami Beach and having an instant connection with anyone wearing black. :death:

The Where's Waldo? of Metalheads. :heavydrink:
    I made the Devil do it.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:33 pm

Evil Red wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:That's one of the best parts of the whole experience. It was amazing walking around Miami Beach and having an instant connection with anyone wearing black. :death:

it is pretty sweet!!!
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:39 pm

Last year was the first cruise for me and it was better than I hoped for. All the people you meet are amazing people that you actually want to chat with and have a drink with, band members all around such as having your first dinner with the drummer of Cannibal Corpse, and the crew friendly and helpful as hell, so you'll have an amazing time and will be hooked like everyone else that scrambles for money every year to go again.

:headbanger: Awesome bands
    :beerbang: Awesome drinks
    and :bangers: awesome fellow metalheads on board
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:41 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    Evil Red wrote:

it is pretty sweet!!!

Easiest game of Where's Waldo? ever :lol:
  • DrStein
    Oiler

by DrStein » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:42 pm

WizardBeast wrote:
    metal_steve wrote:

there was an entire thread about the smoking thing, and even a lot of smokers thought that it was too bad in the karaoke lounge! no war started, i am sure. it is something that is good to point out though, you may reek of smoke if you hang out in certain spots on the ship, ewww.

so be prepared! it is good to bring throat lozenges!

How much problems will an asthmatic have on the boat, in all that smoke?
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Bring a power chord, the rooms only have 2 plugs in the wall i think. it was a HUGE help to bring one last year
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    metal_steve
    Petty Officer

by metal_steve » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:47 pm

How much problems will an asthmatic have on the boat, in all that smoke?

Outside on the pool deck - no probs. It was just in the karaoke, it was very thick.

Ah yes, the crew - such awesome people.
    The captain even made the muster drill fun!
    Last edited by metal_steve on Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    This ship needs more gothic, symphonic, female fronted bands, but I can handle some THRASH!!!

Find me onbroad @ Doro Sabaton Lacuna Coil In Flames Nile Dragonforce Rage Anacrusis
    Helloween Delain Gotthard Kreator Angra Metal Church Tiamat Vika Yermolyeva Lizzy Borden
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:50 pm

metal_steve wrote:How much problems will an asthmatic have on the boat, in all that smoke?

Outside on the pool deck - no probs. It was just in the karaoke, it was very thick.

Ah yes, the crew - such awesome people.
    The captain even made the emergency drill fun!

The karaoke as well as the Spectrum Lounge (where many bands play, some of them both sets), Schooner Bar and Casino had high levels of cigarette smoke.
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:00 pm

mooyagi wrote:Easiest game of Where's Waldo? ever :lol:

Like shooting fish in a barrel. :mrgreen:
    I made the Devil do it.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:07 pm

Wow. Thanks for all the replies!!

I'm from México City, so I was somewhat concerned I'd have stuff stolen from me if I booked a single ticket, but it seems that it's not as big a problem as I thought. Sounds amazing!

I look forward to bang my head with you all :bangers:

--
  • Disco
    Chief Petty Officer

by Disco » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:08 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:no assholes make it to the ship-- everyone is cool... no fights, no drama.

That's not completely true for everyone here Jaimie.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:36 pm

everyone is cool there was no issues at all! and despite being a vikings (vi-queens) fan the captain was the MAN :viking:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 1:55 pm

Disco wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:no assholes make it to the ship-- everyone is cool... no fights, no drama.

Well, I guess there always some kind of stuff. I didn't see any, but what incidents are you talking about?
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
  • Disco
    Chief Petty Officer

by Disco » Fri Jul 20, 2012 2:01 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:
    Disco wrote:

Well, I guess there always some kind of stuff. I didn't see any, but what incidents are you talking about?

Just some things that happened to me personally on the cruise and afterwards too. Oh sure the majority of the passengers were pretty cool but with my dumb luck I'm the one that found the assholes.
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:51 pm

Blackfhyre wrote:Bring a power chord, the rooms only have 2 plugs in the wall i think. it was a HUGE help to bring one last year

yes, a power strip is essential!

also, go to the Beach Party the day before the cruise... there should definitely be a beach party before EVERY cruise...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:34 pm

X-Thor wrote:Wow. Thanks for all the replies!!

I'm from México City, so I was somewhat concerned I'd have stuff stolen from me if I booked a single ticket, but it seems that it's not as big a problem as I thought. Sounds amazing!

yeah i booked the single ticket last last year and this year for Barge as well and theft was a concern of mine but like EvilRed said it seemed just natural to kind of ignore your stuff :lol: my roomies were pretty cool and since we all had different tastes in music i would usually see one or the other at one of the performances. the one biggest thing i can recommend is get your body used to massive doses of caffeine as sleep is for the weak. i think last year the earliest i was asleep was 4am and i was up by 830 for the dreaded merchline :cry: all in all no one here is lying when they say it is the best vacation ever :bangers:
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:36 pm

Disco wrote:Just some things that happened to me personally on the cruise and afterwards too. Oh sure the majority of the passengers were pretty cool but with my dumb luck I'm the one that found the assholes.

Anyone who liked Blackguard deserves their fate ;) :P ;)
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:37 pm

X-Thor wrote:Wow. Thanks for all the replies!!

Welcome!nice to see another fellow Mexican! I'm originally from San Luis Potosi.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:40 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Welcome!nice to see another fellow Mexican!

It is :? :? :?

:lol: :P :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:40 pm

KevinP wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Welcome!nice to see another fellow Mexican!

It is :? :? :?

:lol: :P :lol:

We like to invade places ;)

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Fri Jul 20, 2012 7:19 pm

Great responses! Thanks for posting this X-Thor! I've added a power strip and ginger pills to my list!

First timer myself- it's so fun to hear the stories from the vets- Gotta pass the time somehow and this has been a great place! The countdown is going WAY too slow in my opinion.
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Pamela wrote:Great responses! Thanks for posting this X-Thor! I've added a power strip and ginger pills to my list!

First timer myself- it's so fun to hear the stories from the vets- Gotta pass the time somehow and this has been a great place! The countdown is going WAY too slow in my opinion.

also, bring an awesome power strip, like I did... stupid shit makes it that much more fun
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-AtTheGates-Atheist-DevinTownsend-Emperor-Haggard-Candlemass-OrphanedLand-Wintersun

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:35 pm

Pamela wrote:The countdown is going WAY too slow in my opinion.

Oh don't worry. It'll only get slower :lol: :bitch:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 20, 2012 8:37 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:also, bring an awesome power strip, like I did... stupid shit makes it that much more fun

That's cool!
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Fri Jul 20, 2012 9:39 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Pamela wrote:The countdown is going WAY too slow in my opinion.

Oh don't worry. It'll only get slower :lol: :bitch:

:lol: :lol: :lol: he speaks the truth sadly the pace your feeling now holds till about 1 month out then time seems to stop :evil:
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
  • Post Reply 238 posts