Post Reply 238 posts
Begginer's advice
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Begginer's advice

by klons » Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:06 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    domith88 wrote:I am a first timer as well, just bought a single rider quad due to it being the most affordable... not to sure how it will be sharing a room with 3 other dudes I don't know but oh well, imagine I will not sleep much anyways..

Can you just pass out on the top part of the boat in a chair or something, are you allowed to wander the top deck all night and just crash under the stars?? Not sure if this is an option..

Anyways, I am in Tucson, AZ (any other Arizona people going for the 1st time???) and can't believe I am going on this. It starts on me 34th birthday! I am so fucking stoked the wait is going to take FOREVER haha..

Looking forward to posting more on the forums and getting to know some of you before the cruise!!
    So far Blind Guardian and Therion are doing it for me, can't believe I will see them both 2x each if I want.. I never thought I would get to see Therion!! So awesome!!

A great bunch of Arizonians that have been here since year one and I'm sure they'll make themselves known soon.

On the Majesty, people crashed out in every imaginable spot and I can't see why that would change on our new ship. But cabins are roomy and comfy enough that I'm sure you'll feel fine stumbling n' staggering your way there about 5 in the morning for a few hours rest before hitting the breakfast buffet and firing things up all over again.

Welcome to the broads and yes, you're right, it's gonna be a long year of waiting but the reward is well worth it :headbanger:

Fair warning though, if you pass it in a public area, ANYTHING can happen to you. :3drunks:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:21 pm

domith88 wrote:Anyways, I am in Tucson, AZ (any other Arizona people going for the 1st time???) and can't believe I am going on this. It starts on me 34th birthday! I am so fucking stoked the wait is going to take FOREVER haha..

Looking forward to posting more on the forums and getting to know some of you before the cruise!!
    So far Blind Guardian and Therion are doing it for me, can't believe I will see them both 2x each if I want.. I never thought I would get to see Therion!! So awesome!!

Tucson person checking in! Been on every cruise. Welcome. You're going to have the time of your life. :cheers:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Mar 23, 2014 5:44 pm

domith88 wrote:I am a first timer as well, just bought a single rider quad due to it being the most affordable... not to sure how it will be sharing a room with 3 other dudes I don't know but oh well, imagine I will not sleep much anyways..

Can you just pass out on the top part of the boat in a chair or something, are you allowed to wander the top deck all night and just crash under the stars?? Not sure if this is an option..

Anyways, I am in Tucson, AZ (any other Arizona people going for the 1st time???) and can't believe I am going on this. It starts on me 34th birthday! I am so fucking stoked the wait is going to take FOREVER haha..

Sweet! I'm in Tucson, too. There are several Phoenicians here but so far you're the first Tucsonian I've seen, besides Mooyagi and I :D
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:50 pm

since i haven't been lurking on the forum for like 2 years (intentionally so wouldn't get homesick)
    what were the major developments abroad of cruise 3 & 4 you need to know?

not that i'm worried :P

but in cause you haven't heard. mike is tagging along as well, and we are bringing some new Dutchies to.
    so you'll probably see mike, me and a tall bald dude hitting some beers :party:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:05 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:since i haven't been lurking on the forum for like 2 years (intentionally so wouldn't get homesick)

but in cause you haven't heard. mike is tagging along as well, and we are bringing some new Dutchies to.

The biggest change is the medicinal marajuana store on Deck 5 :beerwink:
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:05 am

meshuggah wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:since i haven't been lurking on the forum for like 2 years (intentionally so wouldn't get homesick)

dude, i'm from holland :lol: :lol: :lol:

domith88
    Oiler

by domith88 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:47 am

KDibildeaux wrote:

Sweet! I'm in Tucson, too. There are several Phoenicians here but so far you're the first Tucsonian I've seen, besides Mooyagi and I :D

Ah very cool! Its good to know there will be some fellow Arizonans on board, we get rep'd so bad in the popular news but have a great metal scene. I moved to Tucson about 6 years ago and love the little metal scene here, have seen some great shows, lots that would be sold out in bigger cities! Did you get a chance to see Blind Guardian in Phoenix ? I think they have only played twice ever, both in the last 8 years or so. They were so good, man, I crave them again~~!! :shred:
    domith88
    Oiler

by domith88 » Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:50 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:

Sooo, I was kinda wondering about this as a first timer... does this happen onboard or is it a big nono? Of course the terms say its a bad idea, can get removed from the boat turned over to officials potentially etc etc... this is a major part of metal where I am from haha, would be strange to not have it around but think I will manage either :belly: way :3drunks:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:51 am

domith88 wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:The biggest change is the medicinal marajuana store on Deck 5 :beerwink:

Sooo, I was kinda wondering about this as a first timer... does this happen onboard or is it a big nono? Of course the terms say its a bad idea, can get removed from the boat turned over to officials potentially etc etc... this is a major part of metal where I am from haha, would be strange to not have it around but think I will manage either :belly: way :3drunks:

If it were readily available, it's entirely possible that I could be persuaded out of my current beer consumption dry spell during the cruise ;)

:smoking: :beerbang:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:54 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    domith88 wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:

If it were readily available, it's entirely possible that I could be persuaded out of my current beer consumption dry spell during the cruise ;)

:smoking: :beerbang:

Indeed.

I know it was was definitely on the ship in small amounts here and there... but I was too chicken to risk getting in trouble that far South :shock:. I don't think I've EVER seriously smoked outside of my own country.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:03 pm

meshuggah wrote:

I can't wait to see how many of you (as I'm a non-smoker) get the evil eye trying to get back on the ship after Jamaica :lol:
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • thrsher
    Oiler

by thrsher » Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:04 pm

its all about the Gpen. i see no issues with getting that on board with some wax
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:10 pm

Just wondering, how important is having a passport onboard? I heard that people on the first cruise that didn't have one were allowed on the ship but couldn't get off at Cozumel and had to stay onboard the whole time.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:11 pm

domith88 wrote:Can you just pass out on the top part of the boat in a chair or something, are you allowed to wander the top deck all night and just crash under the stars?? Not sure if this is an option..

Can you pass out? Yes.

Is it a good idea? Only if you are ok with the idea of being in the internetz. :twisted: :twisted:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    erkpod
    Oiler

by erkpod » Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:34 pm

Jotunheimr wrote:Just wondering, how important is having a passport onboard? I heard that people on the first cruise that didn't have one were allowed on the ship but couldn't get off at Cozumel and had to stay onboard the whole time.

There was no passport stamping to get on or off the boat at the destination ports in 2013 (Turks/Caicos) or 2014 (Costa Maya). I like passport stamps so that was a disappointment. However, the good thing about that though is that reduces the amount of time it takes to get on/off the ship. That takes long enough as it is without stamping passports.

As an Australian I need a passport anyway to get back into the US when I deboat after being onbroad - I'm sure one of the Americans can comment further about arriving back in port at their end.
    70k Survivor 2013 & 2014.

Survivor of 70000 Tons of Rain during 70000 Tons of Hot Tubbing in the Canadian spa on Thursday, 2014

Please don't wear your 2015 Survivor merch before Jamaica! You haven't survived until you get back to FLL!!
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:50 pm

As a canadian, how much worth $$$ of merch can I get back home?

I'm planning to buy SHITLOAD of shirts and merch since I don't drink a lot
    For The Horde!
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:40 pm

Welcome!
    I'm bringing a newbie from Kingman with & rnesta is also veteran returning from Dolan Springs/Page.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:47 pm

domith88 wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

Ah very cool! Its good to know there will be some fellow Arizonans on board, we get rep'd so bad in the popular news but have a great metal scene. I moved to Tucson about 6 years ago and love the little metal scene here, have seen some great shows, lots that would be sold out in bigger cities! Did you get a chance to see Blind Guardian in Phoenix ? I think they have only played twice ever, both in the last 8 years or so. They were so good, man, I crave them again~~!! :shred:

Nice! I moved to Tucson six years ago, too! No, I'm not really a fan of BG, sorry
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:51 pm

KDibildeaux wrote: No, I'm not really a fan of BG, sorry

:bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:53 pm

mooyagi wrote:

Boo!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:18 am

I hate being the one to ask this but, I'll be 20 when we set sail (3 months until 21) and will it be easy for my friend (who will be 22) to get us drinks? I've read all the RC policies and all that, and I realize this cruise will probably be way different than most other RC cruises. So would it be easy enough for my friend and I to have a few beers by the pool and not attract any kind of negative attention? We're not the kind of people to be rowdy or obnoxious, just like to chill and relax and enjoy the music. Any stories to share about this? Thanks. :viking:

2020 Wishlist: Arafel-/-Arcturus-/-Borknagar-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-Equilibrium-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Glittertind-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Necrophagist-/-Norther-/-Otyg-/-Savatage-/-Skyforger-/-Solstafir-/-Testament-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Vintersorg-/-Waylander
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Mar 25, 2014 5:28 am

don't think you'll have a hard time on the boat.
    although i don't know if you can get beers with your pass abroad (so you will probably have to charter your friend for that)
    but i don't know the law in jamaica

erkpod
    Oiler

by erkpod » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:05 am

I'm seeing on a few websites that it is 18 onbroad the land of Jamaica.
    70k Survivor 2013 & 2014.

Survivor of 70000 Tons of Rain during 70000 Tons of Hot Tubbing in the Canadian spa on Thursday, 2014

Please don't wear your 2015 Survivor merch before Jamaica! You haven't survived until you get back to FLL!!
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:25 am

ANTIKRISS wrote:As a canadian, how much worth $$$ of merch can I get back home?

I'm planning to buy SHITLOAD of shirts and merch since I don't drink a lot

See the table for personal exemptions here: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyag ... c-eng.html
    2020 Wishlist: Boat, friends, bands, karaoke, hot, Sorrentos, Windjammer, coffee, Satan, love, alcohol.
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:04 am

Jotunheimr wrote:I hate being the one to ask this but, I'll be 20 when we set sail (3 months until 21) and will it be easy for my friend (who will be 22) to get us drinks? I've read all the RC policies and all that, and I realize this cruise will probably be way different than most other RC cruises. So would it be easy enough for my friend and I to have a few beers by the pool and not attract any kind of negative attention? We're not the kind of people to be rowdy or obnoxious, just like to chill and relax and enjoy the music. Any stories to share about this? Thanks. :viking:

I'm not supporting any illegal behaviour or anything… but I was 20 when I cruised in 2011 and I was able to purchase beverages of the alcoholic sort with my sea pass. CLEARLY these beverages were for friends above the age of 21 and I surely wasn't breaking any drinking laws *cough cough*… *coughcoughcoughcough*
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:44 am

They stop caring about your age once they get out to international waters.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:21 am

Stained Class wrote:They stop caring about your age once they get out to international waters.

They don't exactly card you, so you should be able to get away with it.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:42 am

Krys wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:They stop caring about your age once they get out to international waters.

They don't exactly card you, so you should be able to get away with it.

If you're a minor there's a thing on your room key that says so, so they actually do. My friend got denied a few drinks right after we pulled out of port.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    ANTIKRISS
    Petty Officer

by ANTIKRISS » Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:21 pm

If you are a minor, i'll buy you beer for tips.

Gonna get rich on that cruise!!
    For The Horde!
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:55 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Boo!

I tried watching them on the first cruise and fell asleep. Snooze fest :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:50 pm

ANTIKRISS wrote:If you are a minor, i'll buy you beer for tips.

Gonna get rich on that cruise!!

If you can get me a bucket of beers here and there I would be more than happy to throw some your way :pound:

Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:22 pm

Whew..... After four years of dithering and wishing and coulda-woulda-shoulda's, I've FINALLY booked a stateroom for 70K!

Can't wait!

Although this will be my first 70k, this will be my fifth or sixth cruise. I'm looking forward to seeing one of RCCL's bigger ships. My first cruise was on Majesty just a few months before the first 70k on her, and the crew and the captain all 'lit up' when I mentioned "that upcoming metal-music charter"...in fact, the captain said his contract was up right before it, and he seemed a little disappointed.

If anyone here is also on the CruiseCritic forums, I have set up a roll call there for this sailing since there wasn't one already.

Currently booked as a single but I'll probably add somebody before the cut-off in October. Problem is finding metalhead friends who a) have money, and b) can get the time off in January. :lol:

I have a few cruise-related questions for "survivors":

• Is there a formal night? (Sure hope not!)
    • Are the same drinks packages (soda or alcohol) available on 70k as would be offered by RCCL during a regular cruise? I'm an infrequent drinker at best but I'd probably sign up for the soda package if it's offered at RCCL's normal prices.
    • When do we choose dining times (early/late/My Time Dining)....or do we choose at all?

Oh, I'm from the Atlanta area...anyone else coming down from here? If so, there's a fair chance I might know you already, as I'm one of the deejays on the metal show WREKage here. :bmhorns:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:05 am

Pellaz wrote:Whew..... After four years of dithering and wishing and coulda-woulda-shoulda's, I've FINALLY booked a stateroom for 70K!

Can't wait!

Although this will be my first 70k, this will be my fifth or sixth cruise. I'm looking forward to seeing one of RCCL's bigger ships. My first cruise was on Majesty just a few months before the first 70k on her, and the crew and the captain all 'lit up' when I mentioned "that upcoming metal-music charter"...in fact, the captain said his contract was up right before it, and he seemed a little disappointed.

If anyone here is also on the CruiseCritic forums, I have set up a roll call there for this sailing since there wasn't one already.

Currently booked as a single but I'll probably add somebody before the cut-off in October. Problem is finding metalhead friends who a) have money, and b) can get the time off in January. :lol:

I have a few cruise-related questions for "survivors":

• Are the same drinks packages (soda or alcohol) available on 70k as would be offered by RCCL during a regular cruise? I'm an infrequent drinker at best but I'd probably sign up for the soda package if it's offered at RCCL's normal prices.
    • When do we choose dining times (early/late/My Time Dining)....or do we choose at all?

Oh, I'm from the Atlanta area...anyone else coming down from here? If so, there's a fair chance I might know you already, as I'm one of the deejays on the metal show WREKage here. :bmhorns:

No formal night, dresscode for restaurants is not barefooted or bare-chested.
    Only soda package available (so far at least).
    No scheduled dining, you just show up to the restaurant and are assigned a table with a free spot.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:52 am

Speedy wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

No scheduled dining, you just show up to the restaurant and are assigned a table with a free spot.

Thanks, this is just the news I was hoping for. :bmhorns:

Have alcohol drinking packages been available in the past? I have some friends who are also considering booking but wanted to know about that first.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2019: Booked!
    rockhound
    Petty Officer

by rockhound » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:19 am

Hi I don't live in Tucson but I consider it my second town as I've been visiting the mineral and fossil show almost every year since 1992. Beside one skipped year and one year where I've been for just one day, I spent between 5 and 17 days there every year.
    You can not only see your favourite bands twice, but you can go to the formal meet and greet with them, and will see the band members around all the time, on the restaurants, pool, watching other shows, at all meals, touring in our destination... You'll have the time of your live abroad 70000 tons of metal cruise!
    wishlist:AmberianDawn-Andromeda-Ayreon-BeyondTheBridge-EchoesOfEternity-Leprous-LordOfMushrooms-LucaTurilli-[color=#40FF00]Kamelot[/color]-MistyWays-Nighwish-Pentagram-Rishloo--ShadowGallery-Sólstfir-ThoughChamber-VanCanto-VanGough-Viathin
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Mar 26, 2014 9:56 am

Pellaz wrote:
    Speedy wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:

Have alcohol drinking packages been available in the past? I have some friends who are also considering booking but wanted to know about that first.

I don't recall the alcohol package being avaialble in past UMC cruises. Royal Caribbean makes too much money selling booze to offer that on this cruise.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Mar 26, 2014 12:21 pm

No alcohol packagez
    How else are they going to makr money out if this?

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:11 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Boo!

I tried watching them on the first cruise and fell asleep. Snooze fest :lol: :lol: :lol:

This means she was at the entire show. Weenie status confirmed :P
    magicgrl111
    Oiler

by magicgrl111 » Wed Mar 26, 2014 4:47 pm

Sgt. B wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:
    Speedy wrote:

I don't recall the alcohol package being avaialble in past UMC cruises. Royal Caribbean makes too much money selling booze to offer that on this cruise.

Definitely no alcohol package on the past cruises. Remember you can bring two bottles of wine on board with you, but beyond that you are paying per-drink.
    Absu-Behemoth-Cryptopsy-DevinTownsend-Dillinger Escape Plan-Dying Fetus-Enslaved-Gojira-Gorguts-Gwar-High on Fire-Machine Head-Mastodon-Municipal Waste-Napalm Death-Neurosis-Nile-PigDestroyer-Red Fang-Revocation-Vader

2015: Room 9682
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:48 pm

Asked about the alcohol packages last sailing. Didn't get very far :lol: