Post Reply 85 posts
ROCK N ROLL RIBS
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

Re: ROCK N ROLL RIBS

by KDibildeaux » Sat Aug 04, 2012 1:19 pm

STACH100 wrote:Cool pics! Nice gig Nicko has, going from table to table grabbing ribs and apps.

@Kate
    "You rock, Stach! :deathhorns:"
    Thank you

You're welcome :cheers:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:58 pm

STACH100 wrote:Cool pics! Nice gig Nicko has, going from table to table grabbing ribs and apps.

@Kate
    Thank you

Yeah and he asked how our food was and the first thing out of his mouth was "Did you see Priest last night" and we said yep and he said "ahhhh they are great friends of ours"
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:19 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:

@Kate
    Thank you

Yeah and he asked how our food was and the first thing out of his mouth was "Did you see Priest last night" and we said yep and he said "ahhhh they are great friends of ours"

Wish I could have been with you BOTH nights!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Aug 04, 2012 4:25 pm

STACH100 wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:

@Kate
    Thank you

Wish I could have been with you BOTH nights!

Yes ! It was so much fun. 70 degrees during the outdoor concert in December..... i was in miami last December the exact same time BTH is happening this year. Stoked for sure.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
  • HardNHeavy
    Crewman

by HardNHeavy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 6:22 am

how can we get to the rock n roll ribs without a rental car from miami beach? is there a bus or something? i think a taxi would be a little bit expensive...
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:27 am

HardNHeavy wrote:how can we get to the rock n roll ribs without a rental car from miami beach? is there a bus or something? i think a taxi would be a little bit expensive...

About 20-30 ppl organized a bus/limo rental last year and drove up together while others arrived at the same time on their way down from further North. Great times had by all. On my phone atm so cant find ya the thread but a search should lead you to lots of useful info to start planning a similar event for this year(s)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:58 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    HardNHeavy wrote:how can we get to the rock n roll ribs without a rental car from miami beach? is there a bus or something? i think a taxi would be a little bit expensive...

About 20-30 ppl organized a bus/limo rental last year and drove up together while others arrived at the same time on their way down from further North. Great times had by all. On my phone atm so cant find ya the thread but a search should lead you to lots of useful info to start planning a similar event for this year(s)

Here's the thread.

http://70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2281&hilit=rock+and+roll+ribs

Oh man, that was such a good time.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:47 am

Food was great and cheap. I'd go again if it didn't conflict with the beach party.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:31 am

r and r ribs is not close to miami, its north of ft lauderdale.
  • HardNHeavy
    Crewman

by HardNHeavy » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:05 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:

ok this sounds like a good idea! so if there will be a bus again, i would be lucky to join :cool:
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Aug 07, 2012 8:34 am

like the sound of the bus idea
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Aug 07, 2012 6:06 pm

HardNHeavy wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

ok this sounds like a good idea! so if there will be a bus again, i would be lucky to join :cool:

Last year I booked the bus and it was pretty simple. Everyone just paid me once we met up. I don't think I'll be organizing a bus this time since I don't think I'll go to R&R ribs this time but if someone wants to do it it's a piece of cake.
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:44 am

KDibildeaux wrote:Last year I booked the bus and it was pretty simple. Everyone just paid me once we met up. I don't think I'll be organizing a bus this time since I don't think I'll go to R&R ribs this time but if someone wants to do it it's a piece of cake.

Let it be known that Kate not only hates meat, but also hates fun.
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Aug 08, 2012 1:49 pm

LOL
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Wed Aug 08, 2012 3:57 pm

nekrobarr wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Last year I booked the bus and it was pretty simple. Everyone just paid me once we met up. I don't think I'll be organizing a bus this time since I don't think I'll go to R&R ribs this time but if someone wants to do it it's a piece of cake.

Somehow I am not inclined to believe you.
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:01 pm

nekrobarr wrote:

:lol: how could you tell???? Guess it's my serious demeanor. R&R ribs was awesome, but a bit too far. If it was the day before the beach and pre party I'd be up to go again.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 08, 2012 8:01 pm

Pamela wrote:
    nekrobarr wrote:

Somehow I am not inclined to believe you.

:heavydrink: we shall find out on broad!
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:16 pm

KDibildeaux wrote: :heavydrink: we shall find out on broad!

:bangers:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Aug 19, 2012 6:35 am

Do you think rifat001 knows the cruise sails from Miami?
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:47 am

Rifat001 is an uneducated spambot :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:06 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Rifat001 is an uneducated spambot :lol:

I think they prefer the term geographically challenged marketing agent :P
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Aug 19, 2012 2:17 pm

My bad :lol: :lol: :lol:
  • drrock
    Crewman

by drrock » Sat Sep 22, 2012 4:51 am

Been there the night after this years cruise. Good food, very nice interior and: Nicko showed up and talked to each single guest! What a night to finish up with the cruise. That was really the cream on the cake!!! Don´t miss it in 2013! I wont!!!
    2017 = 40 yrs in rock and metal!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:09 pm

Oh thats great !! How much for a Limo from San Diego to Coral Springs Florida ? LMAO
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:37 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Oh thats great !! How much for a Limo from San Diego to Coral Springs Florida ? LMAO

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Now that the thread has been thumped, would anyone join a post-70K expedition to RNR Ribs?
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    MrFish
    Oiler

by MrFish » Mon Dec 17, 2012 3:17 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:Oh thats great !! How much for a Limo from San Diego to Coral Springs Florida ? LMAO

Now that the thread has been thumped, would anyone join a post-70K expedition to RNR Ribs?

I know i already read this... but... how long willl you be staying after the cruise? My mates and I will leave Miami in a rental around Saturday afternoon and we'll sure hit the ribs on our way. So... If if it matches your schedule we'll have a spot on board of our rental (and back to the airport) for you...
    Amon Amarth, Blind Guardian, Crematory, Crowbar, Dimmu Borgir, Elvenking, Excrementory Grindfuckers, Finntroll, Folkearth, Graveworm, GURD, Hammerfall, Kataklysm, KMFDM, Lamb of God, Legion of the Damned, Old Man's Child, Pain, Rob Zombie, Tenacious D
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:31 pm

MrFish wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

I know i already read this... but... how long willl you be staying after the cruise? My mates and I will leave Miami in a rental around Saturday afternoon and we'll sure hit the ribs on our way. So... If if it matches your schedule we'll have a spot on board of our rental (and back to the airport) for you...

I'll stay in Miami until Sunday morning, so it fits perfectly in my schedule!!! :bangers:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:21 pm

X-Thor wrote:

I would love to and am still finalizing my spot in a cabin on 70K 13
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:30 pm

Well, there seems to be enough people interested then! :bangers:

--
    athun
    Petty Officer

by athun » Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:45 pm

I will be arriving from san diego sat night UA1148 11 pm. but ill hop a limo! :deathhorns: i would like to hit nickos before the beach party (pre-cruise) sunday if anyone else wants to go then. :death:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:25 pm

X-Thor wrote:

So is a thread thump the same as a bump? Or is it naughty? :boobs: :wank: :lol:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:34 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

:twisted:

--
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:37 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    X-Thor wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol:

:twisted:

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:02 am

HEY! News flash!!

WTF?

Rock N Roll Lawsuits?

http://www.rocknrollribs.com/

Is this shit real?

Man, I was totally looking forward to eating there!

Last time, we got there around 9pm and they were closed already for the night!! Again, wtf?

This is sad to see.....

damn....

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:08 am

Cardest wrote:HEY! News flash!!

WTF?

Rock N Roll Lawsuits?

Is this shit real?

Without reading the documents, something tells me that website creator doesn't have much credibility and would probably lose the lawsuit. :lol:

Also, need a NSFW tag on that link.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:14 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Cardest wrote:HEY! News flash!!

WTF?

Rock N Roll Lawsuits?

Is this shit real?

Without reading the documents, something tells me that website creator doesn't have much credibility and would probably lose the lawsuit. :lol:

Also, need a NSFW tag on that link.

Yeah it looks dodgy, especially the pics of Nicko and some naked girl, I mean who does that?
    Nicko needs to send Eddie around to this fukker!!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
  • JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:16 am

There is always 2 opinion. I like to see what Nicko answer about that.
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:21 am

JARI wrote:There is always 2 opinion. I like to see what Nicko answer about that.

Something will be done! Surely.

Nicko! Send Eddie to sort it out!!!!

I want ribs dammit!!

• JARI
    Petty Officer

by JARI » Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:24 am

Cardest wrote:
    JARI wrote:There is always 2 opinion. I like to see what Nicko answer about that.

Something will be done! Surely.

Nicko! Send Eddie to sort it out!!!!

I want ribs dammit!!

Im going to eat there anyway 26 or 27 before cruse.
    70k survivor 2013
    70k survivor 2015
    2017 cabin 6223
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:10 am

Yeah, I'm going there anyway. I regularly eat tacos in the street. i don't fear no First World restaurant ;)

--