by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:15 pm

Sounds like a plan :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    WizardBeast
    Captain

Re: Gates Of Hell Pre Apocalyptic Party

by WizardBeast » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:17 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Sounds like a plan :lol:

it'll be a riot, then we can switch off and you can gimme back the dollar when i hand you the towel hahaha.

dude, there are a lot of people RSVP'ing for this event on facebook! we're going to have a helluva time!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:19 pm

Should be fun! Still debating whether to good not, since I'd kinds rather hang out somewhere I can actually hear what people say but who knows, will probably go
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:Should be fun! Still debating whether to good not, since I'd kinds rather hang out somewhere I can actually hear what people say but who knows, will probably go

i was thinking of that too...decisions! but it would be hard not to go hang out with everyone else!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:21 pm

Guess we shall see once the date is nearer :)
    doc
    Crewman

by doc » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:52 pm

WizardBeast wrote:(...) and there will be lots of Europeans there who don't tip at all because they are not accustomed to tipping for anything.

OBJECTION! :D
    We (If I may say so), do tip, but a good, funny, kind or unique service.
    But whenever I see an arrogant wanker standing in front of me and demanding a tip just because he's there, he'll rather see my palm approaching fast than a dime :twisted:
    Wishlist BTH2014: Aeon, Beneath the Massacre, Black Dahlia Murder, Bloodbath, Bolt Thrower, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Codeon, Death To All, Decapitated, Deicide, Gorod, Hour of Penance, Morbid Angel, Nile, Oral Fistfuck, Slayer, Suicidal Angels, Vader
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:54 pm

doc wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:(...) and there will be lots of Europeans there who don't tip at all because they are not accustomed to tipping for anything.

But whenever I see an arrogant wanker standing in front of me and demanding a tip just because he's there, he'll rather see my palm approaching fast than a dime :twisted:

I do think service in the US is usually friendly (at least the places I've been to), though maybe sometimes too attentive? I don't need someone asking me 20 times how the food is
    doc
    Crewman

by doc » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:00 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    doc wrote:

I do think service in the US is usually friendly (at least the places I've been to), though maybe sometimes too attentive? I don't need someone asking me 20 times how the food is

that annoys shit out of me. Perfect waiter advise you well, is there whenever YOU need him, and can make you enjoy the time spent in the place :)
    Wishlist BTH2014: Aeon, Beneath the Massacre, Black Dahlia Murder, Bloodbath, Bolt Thrower, Cannibal Corpse, Carcass, Codeon, Death To All, Decapitated, Deicide, Gorod, Hour of Penance, Morbid Angel, Nile, Oral Fistfuck, Slayer, Suicidal Angels, Vader
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:03 pm

I agree. Now on the tip thing, part of the reason tips are pretty much expected is because wages for waiters etc are pretty low and they depend a LOT on the tips
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:05 pm

I might be able to make it to this one, Donn. If I do, it means I'll definitely miss ND and MW on the boat, which will free up some time for some other acts.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    doc
    Crewman

by doc » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:36 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:I agree. Now on the tip thing, part of the reason tips are pretty much expected is because wages for waiters etc are pretty low and they depend a LOT on the tips

Well, no one forced them to be a waiter. People can forge their own faith instead of doing same thing allover again and whine about their shitty lifes. I just hate when people take things for granted.
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:46 am

Thanks for putting this together Donn. :headbanger:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:52 am

WizardBeast wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:PLEASE NO BATHROOM ATTENDANTS. HATE THIS SO FUCKING MUCH!

What's wrong with 'em?

Um, having to pay to pee! they come right to you and give you a towel after you wash your hands and expect a buck or two. i hate paying. i don't need anyone's help in the bathroom.

anytime i walk into a bathroom and there are attendants in there i get so pissed.

seeing that only a block away their are so many peeing and living on the sidewalk :bitch:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:15 am

Awesome Pre-Party set up Donn!...
    Shit I should just fly down just to hang out pre cruise with the Forum frenzy....
    OH.....and bathroom attendant......

I'll give'er a buck....but only if she does ALL the paperwork....beginning to end ;)

damn I miss you guys :cry:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:49 am

debborah1 wrote:Awesome Pre-Party set up Donn!...
    Shit I should just fly down just to hang out pre cruise with the Forum frenzy....

I'll give'er a buck....but only if she does ALL the paperwork....beginning to end ;)

Debb!!!!!
    You should fly to Miami for the weekend before Barge! Even though I cancelled my Barge spot a few weeks ago, when I saw Donn's post on the Barge facebook group on Tuesday, it took me less than 6 hours (ha - see below) to book flights for the weekend and buy my ticket for the pre-party gig. (yep - I can be pretty impulsive sometimes! :lol: ) Six days of metal mayhem was proving to be a bit much for me in early December - but 48 hours? *That* I can swing! :D :mrgreen:
    Too good to pass up and it will be great to see lots of cruisers since I honestly can't predict when I'll go on another UMC cruise (now have my sights set on the European Wacken Full Metal Cruise in May 2014 if they do it a second time (which I suspect they will!)

A few posts of mine from the Barge to Hell forum fiends facebook group on Donn's thread about this awesome pre-party. :lol:

Tuesday, 7:01 am
    Amazing job Donn - I'm almost tempted to fly down for the weekend (since I'm not going on Barge), just  to go to this *and* the heavy metal beach party!! (since I missed the previous beach parties)

Tuesday, 7:17 am
    Ok - Flanigan's on Sat night, heavy metal beach party, and NAPALM DEATH at the pre-party?????  0_o seriously think I need to fly down for the weekend!

Tuesday, 12:34 pm
    Ok - I'm officially nuts - lol - won't be going on Barge, but just bought tickets for arriving Miami on Saturday and flying home Monday - so I'll be in Miami for all the pre-Apocalyptic Barge festivities on Saturday & Sunday - yay! And Donn - I just bought my ticket for the pre-party from the Grand Central site - that awesome gig you scored sealed the deal for me flying down for the weekend festivities. Thanks again for the work you've put into this event *and* the last two! Cheers!

And posted yesterday on another Barge forum fiends fb group thread....
    I am skipping BTH - but the weekend pre-Barge festivities (Sat night at Flanigan's, Sunday beach party, & the Sunday night gig) sounded too great to pass up - so I'm just going for 48 hours of partying & debauchery rather than one week!  Miami is less than 3 hours non-stop for me by air, plus I got a great deal on flights Saturday-Monday. Also, this way at least I get to see a lot of cruise folks.  The funny thing is, I was just about to buy my ticket for the November Chicago date of the Napalm tour - when I saw Donn's post about the pre-party - and I thought "hmmm.....why not see them in Miami instead?!"
    :shred:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:01 am

WizardBeast wrote:maybe we should go in there at the same time and YOU could hand me a towel and i'll give you a dollar and we'll walk out of there laughin!

this is hilarious & I want to see the face of the attendant when two of you do that

and now, please excuse me, I need to buy our pre-party tickets :metalguy:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:04 am

doc wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:I agree. Now on the tip thing, part of the reason tips are pretty much expected is because wages for waiters etc are pretty low and they depend a LOT on the tips

Well, no one forced them to be a waiter. People can forge their own faith instead of doing same thing allover again and whine about their shitty lifes. I just hate when people take things for granted.

Can't agree with this. Not everybody's able to be an astronaut ;) Hell, I have friends who have been waiters for a long time but the experience they've gained is helping them greatly towards their life's goal of opening their own restaurant. Gotta do the shitty jobs too to learn all aspects of the operation.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Aug 23, 2012 11:04 am

You should come down for that weekend! Or, listen to Slaytanic and I and just buy a damn cabin already :P
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:27 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    doc wrote:

Can't agree with this. Not everybody's able to be an astronaut ;) Hell, I have friends who have been waiters for a long time but the experience they've gained is helping them greatly towards their life's goal of opening their own restaurant. Gotta do the shitty jobs too to learn all aspects of the operation.

i don't agree with this either. in the USA, bartenders and waitresses/waitors only get paid $2.13 PER HOUR. that's NOTHING. they do live off tips. and sometimes that's the best job one can get. i worked as both a waitress and a bartender while in college.

they do not get paid what they do in Europe and servers NEED your tips. that's just the way it is over here in the US. TWO DOLLARS PER HOUR. horrid.

we still don't need no stinkin' bathroom attendants though LOL
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:38 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:they expect tips. they don't get paid a lot so i feel bad for them, that's why i HATE THE WHOLE IDEA OF THEM BEING THERE

The only tip i''d give them is 'annoy me again and i'll have you deported ' :twisted:

this :party:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:16 pm

Just come on Barge, Debb! Don't make us come get ya and smuggle you on the boat ;)
    salexa
    Oiler

by salexa » Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:21 pm

Stop being so awesome, Donn!
    I rule the ruins. - Warlock

Who told you to abandon life
    Your strength, free will
    And bow for the light?
    - Enslaved
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:05 pm

salexa wrote:Stop being so awesome, Donn!

That's like asking the sun not to rise, or the wind not to blow. This is simply how it is :viking:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    salexa
    Oiler

by salexa » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:10 pm

Captain Metal wrote:

That's like asking the sun not to rise, or the wind not to blow. This is simply how it is :viking:

Heh. The fall back down to Earth is hard! :P

Your strength, free will
    And bow for the light?
    - Enslaved
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:28 pm

Now to the question about the drink prices. Quite simply, just as it is on the ship, you DO NOT have to tip the bartenders at Grand Central because it's already included in the price. And there you go.

As for buying of tickets, you can either buy now and print them out, or you can buy and get your name added to the will call list. This 2nd option will of course require that you have some ID as proof of your purchase so that you can get in, simple as that. Also keep in mind that Grand Central has a capacity between 1000-1100, so it could possibly sell out, but you're not in danger of that right at this moment. If pre-sales of this get to a certain number, then I will give you all a heads up to buy or die! :twisted:

Some of you will also be glad to know that the show will not be running as late as it did the last time, and should wrap up around midnight or so. Gotta save some energy for the ship after all :cheers:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:30 pm

salexa wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote:

Heh. The fall back down to Earth is hard! :P

Only if you don't catch me :beerwink:
    salexa
    Oiler

by salexa » Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:43 pm

I should buy my ticket for this. That just dawned on me.

Your strength, free will
    And bow for the light?
    - Enslaved
    doc
    Crewman

by doc » Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:40 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    doc wrote:

b
    2$ per hour is still a bit more than I've earned in my first job at factory in post commnistic Poland for two years and still maintaining 3 person family. Job was quite ok paid. life was tough as fuck. I fully agree with concept of evolution and sacrifice in order to postpone greater profits for the future. I fully disagree with providing charity just because someone is thick enough to tell me it is my duty as he doesn't earn enough.
    Geee... ....I sound pretty republican as for european :D
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:53 pm

Captain Metal wrote:Now to the question about the drink prices. Quite simply, just as it is on the ship, you DO NOT have to tip the bartenders at Grand Central because it's already included in the price. And there you go.

That explains a lot :lol:
  • wazo99
    Wiper

by wazo99 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:52 am

please put toxic holocaust on the bill
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sun Aug 26, 2012 3:40 am

You mean add Toxic Holocaust to the Pre Party? As much as I like them, this show is already set and done (unless one of the bands has to drop out of their own volition). Besides, they're not gonna travel all the way here just to play this, as it wouldn't be financially feasible to do so. Now if they get booked on the Barge? Then there's always AFTER the cruise :twisted:
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:48 am

Bought tickes for our party: me, doc & his wife & my son Alex
    Donn, please keep 6 spots available for Behemoth - Doc is working on getting them to join the pre-party.
    Hail Doc :shred: :cheers: :wank: :bangers:
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:25 am

Believe me, I'll be glad to have them join us for the festivities :bangers:
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:03 am

I wont go to Barge, but well done to organize this. Always nice to see, hope you get togheter a preparty for 70k aswell !
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Sep 04, 2012 6:15 am

Mal2000 wrote:Bought tickes for our party: me, doc & his wife & my son Alex
    Donn, please keep 6 spots available for Behemoth - Doc is working on getting them to join the pre-party.
    Hail Doc :shred: :cheers: :wank: :bangers:

:shock: :D Hope this happens! I'd be more than thrilled to meet Nergal for the first time if he shows up! And that would be the icing on the cake of the already awesome pre-Barge festivities (and well worth the couple hundred to fly down for the weekend!!!!)

:death: :heavydrink:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:50 pm

Laura wrote: I'd be more than thrilled to meet Nergal for the first time if he shows up! And that would be the icing on the cake of the already awesome pre-Barge festivities (and well worth the couple hundred to fly down for the weekend!!!!)

When Nergal will finish his new careers in modelling and acting as von Ribbentrop in new Polish movie, he will get back to HELL :death:
    doc
    Crewman

by doc » Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:42 am

Mal2000 wrote:
    Laura wrote: I'd be more than thrilled to meet Nergal for the first time if he shows up! And that would be the icing on the cake of the already awesome pre-Barge festivities (and well worth the couple hundred to fly down for the weekend!!!!)

When Nergal will finish his new careers in modelling and acting as von Ribbentrop in new Polish movie, he will get back to HELL :death:

...once he's back from holiday in Rome ;)
    btw, we've got visas for 10 years, now nothing will stop us, except immigration officer on the airport :D
    BRIssection
    Oiler

by BRIssection » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:38 am

I'll be there...as long as my flight doesn't get fucked up
    Barge To Hell Cabin 2067
    torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 9:49 am

With all that bitching & moaning about the non-announcements... this thread needs a major

BUMP!

Btw, I've pre-purchased my tickets for the party already. Fun times ahead! :headbanger: :pound:
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:50 am

torpedo20 wrote:With all that bitching & moaning about the non-announcements... this thread needs a major

BUMP!

Btw, I've pre-purchased my tickets for the party already. Fun times ahead! :headbanger: :pound:

I still need to get that done :oops:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH