Post Reply 490 posts
Accomodations in Miami?
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Holiday Inn Express by the Miami airport

by mooyagi » Sat Oct 29, 2011 5:23 am

drbrain wrote:
    Deathbringer wrote:Did anyone stay at the Holiday Inn Express by the Miami airport last year? If so, how was it, and how convenient was it to get to the pre-party and the port?

Where does this pre-party take place?

It's right on the first page of The Bridge :lol:

http://www.70000tons.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=2097

See ya there
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Holiday Inn Express by the Miami airport

by Deathbringer » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:05 pm

Just booked...or maybe just requested a reservation... at Miami Tropics Hotel/Hostel for Sat and Sun. Anyone else staying there?
    ejd715
    Petty Officer

What hotels are you guys staying at before the cruise?

by ejd715 » Wed Dec 14, 2011 6:51 pm

I am looking into getting a hotel room-anybody want to go half/half?

Are there any decent ones for under $100?
    2011-#3500 (barely survived!)
    2012-#4025 (piece of cake!)
    BOH HERE WE COME!!!!

Aeon The Crown Ex Deo Flotsam & Jetsam Harm Helstar Heathen King Diamond Kreator Old Man's Child Pain Solution.45 Sanctification Sinister Susperia Sybreed Zonaria
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

Re: What hotels are you guys staying at before the cruise?

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:05 pm

there are some nice cheap hostels (google search "Miami hostels" for a nice comparison/booking site), and Orbitz has some good deals
    I'm staying at South Beach Hostel
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:26 am

I"m staying at the South Beach Hostel myself, if you can find a room there it should be pretty cheap.
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:49 am

We are staying at the Clay hotel on South beach. I don't remember the exact price but it was around 80-90 $ for a double room with ensuite. I know a few other forumites are staying there as well :)
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:03 am

We're staying at the hotel that's inside the Miami airport. Little pricier than I would have liked, but they helped us with all the transportation assistance we need. Also it'll be convenient to flop off the plane into bed, so we can get up nice and early the next day.
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:14 am

Eternity wrote:We're staying at the hotel that's inside the Miami airport. Little pricier than I would have liked, but they helped us with all the transportation assistance we need. Also it'll be convenient to flop off the plane into bed, so we can get up nice and early the next day.

We hope you aren't talking about the day before the cruise... In case you weren't aware, there is a cruise pre-party set up the night before the cruise sets sail.

All the details are here:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
  • vaderite666
    Petty Officer

by vaderite666 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:25 am

I'll be at the Best Western plus Windsor. Who else will be there? :heavydrink:
    In Extremo/Saltatio Mortis/Old Man's Child/Cathedral/Thrudvangar/Thulcandra/Iron Fire/Hyberia/Catamenia/Eisbrecher/Varg/Forefather/Nomans Land/Accept/Angel Witch/Ghost/Burning Saviors/Electric Wizard/Hollenthon/Kalmah/Power Wolf/Black Pyramid/Running Wild
    GhostMemory
    Crewman

by GhostMemory » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:13 pm

I knew I'd forgotten something; I need to book one night pre-cruise for myself and Digimortal. Don't wanna be hunting for a hostel at 10pm...
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:48 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    Eternity wrote:We're staying at the hotel that's inside the Miami airport. Little pricier than I would have liked, but they helped us with all the transportation assistance we need. Also it'll be convenient to flop off the plane into bed, so we can get up nice and early the next day.

We hope you aren't talking about the day before the cruise... In case you weren't aware, there is a cruise pre-party set up the night before the cruise sets sail.

Odds are we won't be showing up for the preparty. It's unfortunate, but logistically it doesn't seem feasible. We'll just have to socialize extra hard the next morning.
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:50 pm

Eternity wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:

Odds are we won't be showing up for the preparty. It's unfortunate, but logistically it doesn't seem feasible. We'll just have to socialize extra hard the next morning.

Aww, pity. But yes, there will be loads of time for meeting everyone! :cheers:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Thu Dec 15, 2011 12:55 pm

We're likely showing up around 8:30 or 9:00 that morning so we can grab breakfast and line up to drop our gear in the room before the heat of the day really sets in. That gives us quite a few hours to say hello to randoms. :3drunks:
  • juggernaut
    Crewman

by juggernaut » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:28 pm

We will stay at the RIU hotel. Arrive on Friday before and leave the Monday after the cruise.
    Cabin 5077
    Egokrusher
    Petty Officer

by Egokrusher » Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:42 pm

MadameLePink wrote:We are staying at the Clay hotel on South beach. I don't remember the exact price but it was around 80-90 $ for a double room with ensuite. I know a few other forumites are staying there as well :)

That's where we're staying. Was around $90 a night, not bad to be that close to the beach. I can't wait for some Cuban pork.
    "Death does not concern us, because as long as we exist, death is not here. And when it does come, we no longer exist." - Epicurus

Cabin: 5571!
    TheBigJankowski
    Petty Officer

by TheBigJankowski » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:38 pm

I'm also at the Clay. Opted for the full on private bathroom. What the hell is semi-private?
    2015: Wish List: BloodCeremony, Pallbearer, Funeral, NeObliviscaris, 11thHour, BoltThrower, MDB, SearBliss, LethianDreams, EternalTearsOfSorrow, Jaldaboath, Borknagar, Equalibrium, Insomnium, Manegarm, Scox, Lumsk, CultofLuna, Einherjer, Ex Deo, HoB
  • Sepp-das-Wiesel
    Oiler

by Sepp-das-Wiesel » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:46 pm

i´m the first 3 Nights at the South Beach Plaza Hotel. I booded a complete package - flight, hotel, cruise, car.....after the cruise i will spend some more days in Florida
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:03 pm

Metalwrath may be staying at SOuth beach hostel too :twisted:
    Will know in a few hours
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:30 pm

TheBigJankowski wrote:I'm also at the Clay. Opted for the full on private bathroom. What the hell is semi-private?

Usually it's a room with a single set of bathroom furniture and a door, as opposed to a public room with stalls. The semi comes from the fact that not every person/room/whatever has their own, it's shared. So it's publicly available, but private while you're in it.

I'd totally shell out for fully private.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:30 pm

I think we need a creeper map for Miami and Miami Beach like we have for the ship :wank:
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:47 pm

mooyagi wrote:I think we need a creeper map for Miami and Miami Beach like we have for the ship :wank:

The creeper Deck 2 map is a project I definitely will complete. And I can get a Miami creeper map done too. BUT I need some creeps to gather information so I can put it together.

Maybe I'll make them Xmas presents.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 15, 2011 3:58 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:I think we need a creeper map for Miami and Miami Beach like we have for the ship :wank:

The creeper Deck 2 map is a project I definitely will complete. And I can get a Miami creeper map done too. BUT I need some creeps to gather information so I can put it together.

Maybe I'll make them Xmas presents.

I'll let you know where I am when I finally get around to booking a hotel. :lol: Definitely would have to scour a few threads to get a full list of where everyone is staying.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:35 pm

Ok booked for South beach hostel now :mrgreen:
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Clay Hotel in South Beach also. MadameLePink, I'm sure you won't be hard to spot. :mrgreen:

I totally got the semi-private bathroom... I'm sure it'll be more of a problem for whoever has to share it with me than it will be for me. :lol: :lol:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Thu Dec 15, 2011 5:06 pm

Awesome, we're at the Clay as well! :bangers:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Staying at The Clay Hotel as well, befor the cruise and after.
    We'll be taking that hotel over and it will never be the same again. :mrgreen:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Dec 15, 2011 6:32 pm

If there is a good Place to eat by The Clay we can meet somewhere. Unless everyone is starting their "liquid diet" 1 day early :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:14 pm

I'm at the Clay as well :mrgreen: :headbanger:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Thu Dec 15, 2011 7:59 pm

KevinP wrote:If there is a good Place to eat by The Clay we can meet somewhere. Unless everyone is starting their "liquid diet" 1 day early :mrgreen:

I'd say this sounds like a better idea than driving up to that BBQ place, at least for me. Plus it looks like we're a short walk to the beach party.

Also, I'm assuming that mooyagi is staying at the Clay too? That would be nice since he's one of the few cruisers that I have met before. :lol:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:20 pm

Steve110 wrote:
    KevinP wrote:If there is a good Place to eat by The Clay we can meet somewhere. Unless everyone is starting their "liquid diet" 1 day early :mrgreen:

I'd say this sounds like a better idea than driving up to that BBQ place, at least for me. Plus it looks like we're a short walk to the beach party.

Also, I'm assuming that mooyagi is staying at the Clay too? That would be nice since he's one of the few cruisers that I have met before. :lol:

Lol. I would imagine he's staying at a different hotel with someone else.

I'm looking forward to staying at the Clay, Anika and Rachael are staying there too. Kevin do you know if Walter booked it as well?
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Deathbringer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Deathbringer » Thu Dec 15, 2011 8:48 pm

Tropics Hotel (/hostel) but we are in the hotel part
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Steve110 wrote:

Haven't booked a hotel yet.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:09 am

We booked at Motel Blu for the two nights before the cruise. El cheapo, and mixed reviews on Tripadvisor, but we're getting in on Saturday night and planning on not being there for the next day. So we thought it should be enough for the two nights we're staying there. 26 euros per person for the two nights was really cheap.
    Besides, the most bad reviews stated that there was a strip club next door. :boobs: :wank: :lol:

For the week after the cruise we got a two-bedroom apartment on Ocean Drive for five persons. Looked nice enough and a huge plus for the chance of check-in at 10am on Friday.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:50 am

Steve110 wrote:Clay Hotel in South Beach also. MadameLePink, I'm sure you won't be hard to spot. :mrgreen:

I guess not :mrgreen: It makes things easier when I meet new people, but I can't really hide either ;)

Very cool, so many people staying at the Clay!

Ville, where is Motel Blu? We should meet for drinks saturday night if we are not too tired after the flight!
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:54 am

MadameLePink wrote:Ville, where is Motel Blu? We should meet for drinks saturday night if we are not too tired after the flight!

It's north of downtown on Biscayne Boulevard. Not the location I would've wanted, but hey, it's only for the two nights. We're most likely just going there straight from the airport and maybe go find some stri...food. But we'll come to South Beach on Sunday for sure. I know where the Clay Hotel is, so we'll see on Sunday. Aah, and on Saturday at LHR, obviously. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:58 am

Memnoch wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:Ville, where is Motel Blu? We should meet for drinks saturday night if we are not too tired after the flight!

It's north of downtown on Biscayne Boulevard. Not the location I would've wanted, but hey, it's only for the two nights. We're most likely just going there straight from the airport and maybe go find some stri...food. But we'll come to South Beach on Sunday for sure. I know where the Clay Hotel is, so we'll see on Sunday. Aah, and on Saturday at LHR, obviously. :beerwink:

It sounds like quite far, but of course at that price and with a strip club so close :lol:

And yes, beer appointment at Heathrow 9 am. Hopefully we won't miss our flight because we are too busy drinking :cheers:

Beer and bananas!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:01 am

MadameLePink wrote:And yes, beer appointment at Heathrow 9 am. Hopefully we won't miss our flight because we are too busy drinking :cheers:

You can always catch the later flight with us and gnoff. :3drunks:
    Wishlist:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:24 am

Copied from another accommodations related thread...

ShoreSlayer wrote:Ideally, looking for someplace near/between the ports and pre-party. I don't mind dropping a few bucks if needed but also have no need for luxury so something like a double in the South Beach or Miami Hostel would work out just fine. Reply in the thread or hit me up with a PM if interested :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Devils Advocate
    Petty Officer

by Devils Advocate » Fri Dec 16, 2011 3:29 am

Booked into the European Guesthouse in South Beach
    Obscura-Toxik-SymphonyX-Sylosis-KingDiamond-CrimsonGlory-Carcass-PsychoticWaltz-Sinergy-SolitudeAeturnus-LaazRockit-TwistedSister-Communic-Nocturnus-Sacrifice-Believer-ShokParis-Vektor-Malice-Cemetary-RunningWild-Sanctuary-Unleashed
    drbrain
    Crewman

by drbrain » Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:29 am

The Majestic Hotel South Beach, anyone else?
    But deep in your mind - You admit your defeat
    I'll stare you in your eyes - Till you bow your head
    You tried to change me - You could not succeed
    Because all that you hate - Is what I want to
    be
Post Reply 490 posts