Post Reply 38 posts Page 1 of 1
How much money to bring?
  • Russ86861
    Wiper

How much money to bring?

by Russ86861 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:20 am

So this is my first time going on any real vacation since I as 14 (I'm now 26) and I'm at a total loss on how much money to bring with me here.I got a grand to go so far, and already got my flight and hotel booked, so they are a non-issue. I plan to drink, but not a whole lot, and I keep having people telling me the prices for booze on these ships is through the roof, so I don't want to get caught with my pants down there. I also want to make sure I have enough for Miami the day before, and stuff to do on the island (just plan to hang around and hit up a seafood place). Baiscally, I'm just looking for a rough estimate of what anyone else brings. Thanks in advance!
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: How much money to bring?

by mooyagi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:58 am

Depends on how you plan to pay. If you tie the sea pass into a credit card, you won't need any cash on the ship. Beer prices aren't that bad. A grand should be more than enough unless you are a raging alcoholic.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Russ86861
    Wiper

by Russ86861 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:06 am

I'm doing it all by card (on the ship). $700 of the grand is on there. Drink wise, I mainly drink rum (Capt and Ginger ale) but I'm not planning on drinking to much here, if I wanted to take a week off work to get drunk, I could stay here in Pittsburgh to do it. But it would be nice to have a few with some of the bands playing (assuming I run into any) and anyone else I meet.
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:11 am

You should easily be fine with that amount if not planning on getting shit faced the whole time
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:13 am

Russ86861 wrote:I'm doing it all by card (on the ship). $700 of the grand is on there. Drink wise, I mainly drink rum (Capt and Ginger ale) but I'm not planning on drinking to much here, if I wanted to take a week off work to get drunk, I could stay here in Pittsburgh to do it. But it would be nice to have a few with some of the bands playing (assuming I run into any) and anyone else I meet.

ugh... Pittsburgh... wait, do I know you? does "LLLLLLLs" mean anything to you?
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:16 am

I brought 1k in cash but I was doing stuff in Miami before and after. The only time I used cash inboard was to tip the stateroom attendant. I used some in grand cayman (70k 2012). And that's it for the cruise. My credit card was hit for $500 on departure which included $100 in merch. I'm not one to get super wasted either but there was always a drink in hand. When I got home I had about 500 American left. Don't know if that will give you an idea or not
  • Russ86861
    Wiper

by Russ86861 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:34 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Russ86861 wrote:I'm doing it all by card (on the ship). $700 of the grand is on there. Drink wise, I mainly drink rum (Capt and Ginger ale) but I'm not planning on drinking to much here, if I wanted to take a week off work to get drunk, I could stay here in Pittsburgh to do it. But it would be nice to have a few with some of the bands playing (assuming I run into any) and anyone else I meet.

Yup, I know the LLLLLLLLLLLL and what the sick things he does with his sister! This Bill?
  • Russ86861
    Wiper

by Russ86861 » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:37 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:I brought 1k in cash but I was doing stuff in Miami before and after. The only time I used cash inboard was to tip the stateroom attendant. I used some in grand cayman (70k 2012). And that's it for the cruise. My credit card was hit for $500 on departure which included $100 in merch. I'm not one to get super wasted either but there was always a drink in hand. When I got home I had about 500 American left. Don't know if that will give you an idea or not

I was going to bring more for Miami, but we're really only going to be there Sunday, and we got to be at the airport early, so I'll be a zombie down there (working late Saturday night). Coming home we got to go right to the airport, so I won't be spending much in Miami.
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:53 am

You should be ok with 1K. Drinks/food in Miami are actually more expensive than onbroad the ship. Other major expenses are taxis and parking (if you rent a car). Once you are on the ship, most of the food is free, as well as tea, coffee, & lemonade type drinks.
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    steevl
    Oiler

by steevl » Fri Nov 30, 2012 10:56 am

I'm also a first-time cruiser, so I might as well ask similar questions!

As someone who doesn't drink alcohol, would it be worth it for me to buy the Coca Cola drink package? I guess my choices would be either soft drinks or water.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:02 am

steevl wrote:I'm also a first-time cruiser, so I might as well ask similar questions!

As someone who doesn't drink alcohol, would it be worth it for me to buy the Coca Cola drink package? I guess my choices would be either soft drinks or water.

There's free lemonade and koolaid and coffee in the eating places, but if you wanted other stuff, you may as well go for the package.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:03 am

steevl wrote:I'm also a first-time cruiser, so I might as well ask similar questions!

If you drink more than say 2 Cokes a day, then yes you prolly should get the soda package. Water, iced tea, lemonade, coffee, and I think there is a fruit punch too, are all free.
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Nov 30, 2012 11:15 am

Russ86861 wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

Yup, I know the LLLLLLLLLLLL and what the sick things he does with his sister! This Bill?

yup... have a fun time... you'll probably return to Pittsburgh with a good chunk of the $300 cash still in wallet unless you spend in Bahamas... and probably won't need the entire $700 on your card... but you've got extra for "insurance"

amd to the guy asking about the soda package... yes, it's a great deal
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:45 pm

Guys, how much is a bottle of beer on the boat? And a drink like a Marguerita? Does anybody know?

Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:46 pm

ArlequinA wrote:Guys, how much is a bottle of beer on the boat? And a drink like a Marguerita? Does anybody know?

I think biers were around $5.50-$6.50 USD, cocktails and mixed drinks were between $7.00-11.00 depending on the drink.
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Nov 30, 2012 1:47 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:
    ArlequinA wrote:Guys, how much is a bottle of beer on the boat? And a drink like a Marguerita? Does anybody know?

I think biers were around $5.50-$6.50 USD, cocktails and mixed drinks were between $7.00-11.00 depending on the drink.

Prices include tax and tip. That sounds about right. Save more by buying in bulk :belly:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:16 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:.., to the guy asking about the soda package... yes, it's a great deal

Depends how much soda/pop one plans to consume. I didnt drink booze on either cruise bu never lacked fot a variety of free beverages. Non-alky pina coladas were pretty bombass for a few bucks too :party:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:35 pm

taken from FB

James Odenson
    So a cabin mate of mine called the Royal Caribbean about the soda card thing. Then they tell him they offer a liquor card and a beer for around$55 a day... Has anyone else check this out???

James Odenson They said it applies on specialty cruise as well. I asked if if that was our cruise, and she said it was. So... let's get drunk

James Odenson You do it at you're check in. even if you do it on line it is still offered to you when you get there.

Sounds like we can get liquor cards for our cruise woo hoo :cheers: :beerhorns:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:51 pm

Can you buy like the whole bottle? :chug:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Sat Dec 01, 2012 11:15 am

mooyagi wrote:
    SlaytanicE21 wrote:

Prices include tax and tip. That sounds about right. Save more by buying in bulk :belly:

Thank you!!

I lived in US for 1 year and I really miss stuff like Blue Moon and American Marguerita. We don't have blue moon in Brasil and the margueritas SUCK here. ;(
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Dec 02, 2012 7:11 am

ArlequinA wrote:Thank you!!

I lived in US for 1 year and I really miss stuff like Blue Moon and American Marguerita. We don't have blue moon in Brasil and the margueritas SUCK here. ;(

I believe that the ship carries Blue Moon so you should be able to drink to your heart's content.
    steevl
    Oiler

by steevl » Sun Dec 02, 2012 9:25 am

Do the bands sell their CDs on the cruise? I wouldn't mind picking up some more Solstafir stuff.
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:08 am

I think I'll change $500 or $600 before to leave Switzerland, I think that should be ok, at least for the Miami taxis, drinks and things to do on Grand Turk. Well, I think it's better to take less and use my card afterall :mrgreen:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:16 am

steevl wrote:Do the bands sell their CDs on the cruise? I wouldn't mind picking up some more Solstafir stuff.

Some of them do, but not many.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:03 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:taken from FB

James Odenson
    So a cabin mate of mine called the Royal Caribbean about the soda card thing. Then they tell him they offer a liquor card and a beer for around$55 a day... Has anyone else check this out???

James Odenson They said it applies on specialty cruise as well. I asked if if that was our cruise, and she said it was. So... let's get drunk

James Odenson You do it at you're check in. even if you do it on line it is still offered to you when you get there.

There's no way they'll let this happen for our cruise...they'd lose out so much.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Feniel
    Oiler

by Feniel » Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:39 pm

alex_canada wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:taken from FB

James Odenson

There's no way they'll let this happen for our cruise...they'd lose out so much.

I read some stuff online about this and there is a post on a cruiise site stating they have some available I will confirm this in the morning

From what i read i saw a beer package for $30 a day per guest 40 for non premium shots and $50 for some better quality shots not premium shots tho

at those prices they would still make a killing i imagine as liquor cost to them i cant see more then 1$ a drink for the listed items heck even where im from where liquor prices are absurdly high i can still get a 26 oz of smirnoff for around $30 so what $1.20 a shot. and a quick google search i found liquor stores in miami selling smirnoff for 17$ a 26 oz. and dollars to donuts Royal caribian gets it cheaper

now myself i plan on being you know not black out drunk wouldnt drink more then 7-8 drinks a day and at those prices there cost even worst case scenairo costs them $10 plus i cant see even drinking that much everyday and the cost is $40 A DAY

All in all it could be true if so fucking a ill be signing up Ill post update in the morning when i call Royal
    2013-#4017 \m/

Epica, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Edguy, Avantasia, Helloween, Powerglove, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Into Eternity,[size=150] Unexpect[/size], Blackguard, Sabaton, Dio Diciples, Keep of Kallesian, Death Angel, Sirenia, Falconer, [/size][/color]
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:52 am

They do have staff costs, so their profit margin isn't that big. Yes, they make nice money from the drinks, but it is useless to compare bottle prices to drinks.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:25 am

mooyagi wrote:
    ArlequinA wrote:Thank you!!

I believe that the ship carries Blue Moon so you should be able to drink to your heart's content.

Yup, they have Blue Moon. They also have Sam Adams, which was a very nice surprise for me as they didn't have it on 70K '11
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:46 am

GOOD to know I won't be thirsty! :dreams:

thank you guys!
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:51 am

Everyone just keep your hands off the Sierra Nevada Pale Ales...
    Wishlist:
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:12 am

Memnoch wrote:Everyone just keep your hands off the Sierra Nevada Pale Ales...

Don't bring that fucking vile vodka and we have a deal.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:59 am

:lol:
    I'm fairly sure there will be nothing left after Ryan gets his hands on the bottle at the beach party. :lol:
    Oh, yeah, I bought four half-litre bottles last weekend for the 70k trip.
    Wishlist:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:15 am

If I can get that beer card, I'm just going to be guzzling Blue Moon and whatever pale ale they've got (Did they have sierra on the last cruise? I was drinking bass pale ale on the first one..).

Please check out my band

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:28 am

^Yup. SN Pale Ale. I didn't anyone else than me and gnoff drinking it though. Well, more for us. :D
    Wishlist:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:37 am

I must have been drinking it, cause I like that stuff! (Memory is a little spotty for certain parts of the cruise..... haha)

Looks like there will be at least 3 of us drinking it!

Please check out my band

KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:53 am

viathyn wrote:If I can get that beer card, I'm just going to be guzzling Blue Moon and whatever pale ale they've got (Did they have sierra on the last cruise? I was drinking bass pale ale on the first one..).

The drinking packages were not available for Barge, so I really doubt they will have them on 70K
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:17 pm

There was no beer package available on Barge. I'll ask again on 70K though. I don't think it would be a good business decision to offer it up with this crew.

Sierra Nevada Pale Ales were available on the ship this time. Sam Adams and Blue Moon were there as well. The beer selection seemed to be the same as 70K 2012.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:27 am

KDibildeaux wrote:
    viathyn wrote:If I can get that beer card, I'm just going to be guzzling Blue Moon and whatever pale ale they've got (Did they have sierra on the last cruise? I was drinking bass pale ale on the first one..).

The drinking packages were not available for Barge, so I really doubt they will have them on 70K

And besides, they had Sierra Nevada Pale Ale :belly: :belly: :belly:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
Post Reply 38 posts Page 1 of 1