Locked 74 posts
Will I need a passport?
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Mission: Passport

    by Zeh » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:26 pm

    Hey folks

    I'm on a quest for taking my passport. But, as written before, it's being a quest of documentation, time and bureaucracy.

    Are your countries the same on this?

    PS: It's said that American visa is another hard quest.
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • User avatar
    KK Cruiser
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 134
    Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:26 pm

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by KK Cruiser » Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:11 am

    I lost mine 3 days before Wacken, I paid an expedited rate and had it in 48 hours. Not bad, worth the extra $80.
  • User avatar
    PapaSmurf
    Oiler
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:20 am
    Location: Zurich, Switzerland

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by PapaSmurf » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:47 am

    well, it's not the other countries which are complicated... it's just america which has a fucked up visa policy!
    I mean I can travel to every arse-end of the world with my passport, but not to america... seriously, WTF?!

    I'm already looking forward to get my visa *sigh :roll:
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Metalwrath » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:26 am

    Luckily i live in Ireland where that isn't really a problem due to an agreement we have with the states :twisted:
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Zeh » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:22 pm

    Just got a schedule for getting my passport. They only allow 150 per day, and I was able to schedule mine on the shorty 3 minutes they were available. At least you can do it online, so no need to queues and etc. Just patience.

    Let's seee what happens tomorrow.
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • User avatar
    PapaSmurf
    Oiler
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:20 am
    Location: Zurich, Switzerland

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by PapaSmurf » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:38 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:Luckily i live in Ireland where that isn't really a problem due to an agreement we have with the states :twisted:


    lika what? they are allowed to celebrate st patricks day and you're allowed to invade them whenever you disire? :D :P
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Zeh » Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:58 pm

    Based on that, I'll give samba to USA.

    I won't miss it, really!
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • User avatar
    GhostMemory
    Crewman
    Posts: 75
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:28 am
    Location: Berkshire, England

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by GhostMemory » Tue Mar 09, 2010 1:18 am

    Metalwrath wrote:Luckily i live in Ireland where that isn't really a problem due to an agreement we have with the states :twisted:


    You mean the ESTA? Yeah, does make things easier, not even sure what they check when going through the process as the acceptance of the application is instantaneous.
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

    Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
  • User avatar
    Psycho
    Crewman
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:45 am
    Location: Karkkila, Finland/Santana de Parnaíba, Brazil

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Psycho » Tue Mar 09, 2010 7:40 am

    Zeh wrote:Based on that, I'll give samba to USA.

    I won't miss it, really!


    Let's make a samba duet - You play the tamborine, I dance! Hahahah!

    Mas de boa, é o maior parto tirar o Visto :x Fiquei MUITO PUTA quando fui tirar o meu! Voce fica 5 horas na fila para o tio te fazer 3 perguntas e te liberar, sendo a primeira seu nome e a segunda sua idade.



    Sorry for the portuguese :)
    2011: #3529
    2012: #3547
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Zeh » Tue Mar 09, 2010 2:21 pm

    I know it. The good part is that my company wants me to take the visa, as their headquarters are in the USA :D
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • User avatar
    Psycho
    Crewman
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:45 am
    Location: Karkkila, Finland/Santana de Parnaíba, Brazil

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Psycho » Wed Mar 10, 2010 2:56 am

    Zeh wrote:I know it. The good part is that my company wants me to take the visa, as their headquarters are in the USA :D


    Lucky Bastard ;)
    2011: #3529
    2012: #3547
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Zeh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 3:58 am

    Psycho wrote:
    Mas de boa, é o maior parto tirar o Visto :x Fiquei MUITO PUTA quando fui tirar o meu! Voce fica 5 horas na fila para o tio te fazer 3 perguntas e te liberar, sendo a primeira seu nome e a segunda sua idade.


    Translate: It sucks taking the visa. I was pissed of when I when to take mine. You get 5 hours on a queue for the guy ask you 3 questions and send you home: the first is your name and the second your age.

    Question: Which was the third question? :P
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Metalwrath » Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:54 am

    GhostMemory wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Luckily i live in Ireland where that isn't really a problem due to an agreement we have with the states :twisted:


    You mean the ESTA? Yeah, does make things easier, not even sure what they check when going through the process as the acceptance of the application is instantaneous.

    If it's a holiday you don't even need to apply for a visa as far as i know.All i need is my passport and thats it it would seem.
    For once being Irish pays off :mrgreen:
  • User avatar
    Psycho
    Crewman
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:45 am
    Location: Karkkila, Finland/Santana de Parnaíba, Brazil

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Psycho » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:47 am

    Zeh wrote:
    Psycho wrote:
    Mas de boa, é o maior parto tirar o Visto :x Fiquei MUITO PUTA quando fui tirar o meu! Voce fica 5 horas na fila para o tio te fazer 3 perguntas e te liberar, sendo a primeira seu nome e a segunda sua idade.


    Translate: It sucks taking the visa. I was pissed of when I when to take mine. You get 5 hours on a queue for the guy ask you 3 questions and send you home: the first is your name and the second your age.

    Question: Which was the third question? :P


    Probably something like "So, what's your dog's name?" Hahah

    Not, but something quite stupid, like "what's this event you're going to"
    2011: #3529
    2012: #3547
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Zeh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:55 am

    Psycho wrote:Not, but something quite stupid, like "what's this event you're going to"


    "Are you looking foward to bring explosives, acid, hazardous material to USA?"

    "Do you like exploding things?"

    "Are you looking foward in living, working or settle in USA?" - This sounds the only real on my list
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • User avatar
    mafiotecano
    Oiler
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:42 am
    Location: Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by mafiotecano » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:18 am

    I booked my interview for the visa now 03/31...

    Besides having to pay 130USD for visa, 25USD and to mark the interview, you need to fill 2 forms filled with stupid questions ...

    Yes, Brazilians suffer at these times.

    PS: One question, will it be necessary to have Mexican VIsa to be able to disembark in Cozumel?
    Cabin #3529
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Zeh » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:28 am

    mafiotecano wrote:One question, will it be necessary to have Mexican VIsa to be able to disembark in Cozumel?


    I saw on Mexican consulate, people on boats coming from the US doesn't need Mexican visa.

    "Passageiros em cruzeiro que visitam portos mexicanos, não precisam de visto para desembarque no país."
    http://portal.sre.gob.mx/saopaulo/index ... ge&SubMenu
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • User avatar
    GhostMemory
    Crewman
    Posts: 75
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:28 am
    Location: Berkshire, England

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by GhostMemory » Wed Mar 10, 2010 11:39 am

    Metalwrath wrote:
    GhostMemory wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Luckily i live in Ireland where that isn't really a problem due to an agreement we have with the states :twisted:


    You mean the ESTA? Yeah, does make things easier, not even sure what they check when going through the process as the acceptance of the application is instantaneous.

    If it's a holiday you don't even need to apply for a visa as far as i know.All i need is my passport and thats it it would seem.
    For once being Irish pays off :mrgreen:


    Ah, I see. I applied for an ESTA which means I have free entry into the US for two years as long as I don't stay more than a certain amount of time each time (90 days if I recall correctly).

    By the way, are you from Wicklow Town or County Wicklow? One of my colleagues (read: underlings :twisted:) is from Bray and was curious.
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

    Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
  • User avatar
    Psycho
    Crewman
    Posts: 83
    Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:45 am
    Location: Karkkila, Finland/Santana de Parnaíba, Brazil

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Psycho » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:05 am

    mafiotecano wrote:I booked my interview for the visa now 03/31...

    Besides having to pay 130USD for visa, 25USD and to mark the interview, you need to fill 2 forms filled with stupid questions ...

    Yes, Brazilians suffer at these times.


    Actually, it's all yankee's fault. Damn annoying visa policy :evil:
    2011: #3529
    2012: #3547
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Metalwrath » Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:21 am

    GhostMemory wrote:
    By the way, are you from Wicklow Town or County Wicklow? One of my colleagues (read: underlings :twisted:) is from Bray and was curious.
    [/quote]
    I'm from Wicklow.I live in Greystones.It's actually the town besides Bray.Also Bray is a shithole.I don't even step foot in that place anymore.Full of scum.
  • User avatar
    GhostMemory
    Crewman
    Posts: 75
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 1:28 am
    Location: Berkshire, England

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by GhostMemory » Thu Mar 11, 2010 10:57 am

    Metalwrath wrote:
    GhostMemory wrote:
    By the way, are you from Wicklow Town or County Wicklow? One of my colleagues (read: underlings :twisted:) is from Bray and was curious.

    I'm from Wicklow.I live in Greystones.It's actually the town besides Bray.Also Bray is a shithole.I don't even step foot in that place anymore.Full of scum.


    Haha, I'll tell him you said that. To be fair to him, he's been living in England for a good number of years now.
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

    Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
  • User avatar
    jd15k
    Oiler
    Posts: 13
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:42 am
    Location: Caçapava, SP, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by jd15k » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:49 am

    i gotta set up these stuff to get my passaport and visa as fast as i can, this really sux here in Brazil....probably i'm starting dealing with it next month cuz i have no more money this one xDD
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Zeh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:57 pm

    Got my passport in March 16th.

    Next step: USA Visa. Let the match begin.
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 19, 2010 1:59 pm

    Turns out i do have to fill out some form but the visa is free.
    Also i may have to invest in a new passport as mine isn't in the best condition.Had it for about 7 or 8 years and has been through the wars from many festivals.Beer water food etc :twisted:
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Zeh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:01 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:Had it for about 7 or 8 years


    Doesn't it expire?

    Brazilian passport expires in 5 years, and it has like 30 pages for visas. Nobody travels that much :P
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:02 pm

    We have 10 year passports here.
    Also all those visa pages are stuck together by this stage.
    infact you can't see anything on the front of mine.There used to be a harp and Ireland written on it but it's faded off.
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Captain Metal » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:58 pm

    As far as the stop in Mexico goes, from what I was told, you only need your passport to leave the ship. Of course if I were you, I would double check that
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Zeh » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:05 pm

    I informed myself on Mexico embassy, passengers on boats coming from USA needs only to show their Passaport/USA Visa. No need for a specific Mexican visa. At least for Brazilians, but I think its for everybody.
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • User avatar
    mafiotecano
    Oiler
    Posts: 29
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:42 am
    Location: Sao Paulo - Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by mafiotecano » Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:35 pm

    I'll go tomorrow at the American consulate requesting a visa ...
    wish me luck =)
    Cabin #3529
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Zeh » Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:32 am

    mafiotecano wrote:I'll go tomorrow at the American consulate requesting a visa ...
    wish me luck =)


    Hey, good luck!!! Keep it simple!
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • User avatar
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 227
    Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:02 pm
    Location: New York

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Dark Dreams » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:35 pm

    Zeh wrote:I informed myself on Mexico embassy, passengers on boats coming from USA needs only to show their Passaport/USA Visa. No need for a specific Mexican visa. At least for Brazilians, but I think its for everybody.


    If you need a visa or not depends on your citizenship. Check this out: http://www.inm.gob.mx/EN/index.php?page ... as_Tourist
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Zeh » Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:54 pm

    Dark Dreams wrote:
    Zeh wrote:I informed myself on Mexico embassy, passengers on boats coming from USA needs only to show their Passaport/USA Visa. No need for a specific Mexican visa. At least for Brazilians, but I think its for everybody.


    If you need a visa or not depends on your citizenship. Check this out: http://www.inm.gob.mx/EN/index.php?page ... as_Tourist


    This is from Mexico embassy in São Paulo, Brazil

    http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... SubMenu%3D
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • User avatar
    prof. wedgie
    Oiler
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:40 pm
    Location: Dublin

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by prof. wedgie » Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:16 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:Luckily i live in Ireland where that isn't really a problem due to an agreement we have with the states :twisted:


    i heard that if you're traveling from here to the states now you need one of the newer style passports, not sure how true this is though, haven't been arsed ringing the american embassy to check it out
    Cabin 3555!
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Metalwrath » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:29 am

    Actualy it depends on the year that your passport was issued.
    I don't need a chipped passport because my passport was issued before they changed the law on this.
    The form online doesn't take too long either.
    Just gotta give them details about when you'll be over and how long you are staying and what flight you are on.Also info on where you will be staying,
    Oh yeah and you have to fill out the 'I am not a nazi or a terrorist form too' :roll:
  • User avatar
    prof. wedgie
    Oiler
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:40 pm
    Location: Dublin

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by prof. wedgie » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:15 am

    Metalwrath wrote:Actualy it depends on the year that your passport was issued.
    I don't need a chipped passport because my passport was issued before they changed the law on this.
    The form online doesn't take too long either.
    Just gotta give them details about when you'll be over and how long you are staying and what flight you are on.Also info on where you will be staying,
    Oh yeah and you have to fill out the 'I am not a nazi or a terrorist form too' :roll:


    think mines 2003 so should be grand, i think the nazi/terrorist form is absolutely hilarious
    Cabin 3555!
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Metalwrath » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:27 am

    Me too.Was tempted to lie and say i was a nazi and served in world war 2 for the craic but i don't think they'd find it very funny :lol:
    Yeah your passport is grand.it was issued the same year as mine although yours probably isn;t drenched i beer with everything on the front faded off and pages stuck together :P
  • User avatar
    prof. wedgie
    Oiler
    Posts: 46
    Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:40 pm
    Location: Dublin

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by prof. wedgie » Fri Apr 23, 2010 11:43 am

    Metalwrath wrote:Me too.Was tempted to lie and say i was a nazi and served in world war 2 for the craic but i don't think they'd find it very funny :lol:
    Yeah your passport is grand.it was issued the same year as mine although yours probably isn;t drenched i beer with everything on the front faded off and pages stuck together :P


    beer drenched, faded, but pages ripped out instead of stuck together! :D
    Cabin 3555!
  • User avatar
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 313
    Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:43 pm
    Location: Santo André, Brazil
    Contact:

    Re: Mission: Passport

    by Zeh » Sun Apr 25, 2010 6:14 am

    prof. wedgie wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Actualy it depends on the year that your passport was issued.
    I don't need a chipped passport because my passport was issued before they changed the law on this.
    The form online doesn't take too long either.
    Just gotta give them details about when you'll be over and how long you are staying and what flight you are on.Also info on where you will be staying,
    Oh yeah and you have to fill out the 'I am not a nazi or a terrorist form too' :roll:


    think mines 2003 so should be grand, i think the nazi/terrorist form is absolutely hilarious


    I have read it. Man... just a complete asshole would write those things on a paper. It's funny and stupid at the same time.
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • YOadrienne
    Wiper
    Posts: 4
    Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 1:12 am
    Location: Georgia
    Contact:

    Will I need a passport?

    by YOadrienne » Mon May 31, 2010 1:23 am

    Since the cruise is stopping in Mexico, is a Passport required for this trip?

    ----
    EDIT
    ------
    My first post I was concerned me being able to obtain a Visa. Then I realized I was born in the United States and have lived in Georgia my entire life... now I can't fathom why I felt I needed a Visa. So I changed the word 'Visa' to 'Passport' due to embarassment. Also, I was concerned about leaving the country being a felon... I have a drug charge and am currently serving First Offender on probation. I spoke with my P.O. about everything, all I need is a "travel permit" signed by the judge. I THINK this notorized "traveling permit" will make my reentry into the States smoothe sailing. I was just concerned about border patrol regulations and stuff. I've never left the US and I've heard crossing back into America with a felony drug charge (First Offender or not...) could be trouble.
    I think with a passport and a signed Travel Permit, I should be able to abandon ship with the rest of the crew when we dock back at Miami.
    Anyone else have a few red pen marks written on their permanent record, too, that logically makes questions of U.S. Border Patrol policies and regulations seem astoundingly important and priorest? And what are your opinions/input if you, too, are dealing or experiencing similiar situations of questioning your eligibility of reentry into the States?
    I honestly ain't worried about it, I'll just get high off the rush when we dock Miami and I start telling myself how I might get denied to ride the Sky-Lift-Ride back to the land of the free with my fellow mates.
    Last edited by YOadrienne on Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: Can a Felon get a Visa?

    by Captain Metal » Mon May 31, 2010 9:54 am

    I think that might depend on what country you're coming from, and more importantly, how severe the US government considers the crime and whether or not they will let you enter the country. Numerous musicians have had problems with this scenario based on relatively minor shit, but then again, it might be different for them as they plan on some term of extended stay in the country to perform.

    Perhaps if there's a US consulate near you, then might go there and make some inquiries pertaining to this and see what they can tell you. Unless someone else here has a more informed answer.

    And now, for some reason, it seems you've changed the subject title and question completely
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
Locked 74 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 42 guests