Post Reply 59 posts
Heathen Metal Cruisers Sat/Sun
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

Heathen Metal Cruisers Sat/Sun

by Pamela » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:24 am

I posted this in one of the other threads but am bored and being forced to actually work the 2 weeks of my 2 weeks notice at work so I've been on the forums more this week.

Heathen Metal Cruisers invade Miami Saturday and Sunday :viking:
    https://www.facebook.com/events/362841273806698/

Feel free to join in on one or all of the things planned. (If you are going to Beer and Burger Joint please click on the survey pinned to the top and let me know so I have an accurate headcount for reservations)

SOON
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Re: Heathen Metal Cruisers Sat/Sun

by X-Thor » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:29 am

Pamela wrote:I posted this in one of the other threads but am bored and being forced to actually work the 2 weeks of my 2 weeks notice at work so I've been on the forums more this week.

Feel free to join in on one or all of the things planned. (If you are going to Beer and Burger Joint please click on the survey pinned to the top and let me know so I have an accurate headcount for reservations)

SOON

Yaay! :bangers: :cheers: :heavydrink: :3drunks: :deathhorns:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:49 am

X-Thor wrote:Yaay! :bangers: :cheers: :heavydrink: :3drunks: :deathhorns:

:viking: :givebeer: :3drunks:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    '20 SOOON! -Saltatio Mortis-Threshold-Apocalypse Orchestra-Apocalyptica-Blind Guardian-Voyager-Solstafir-Lacuna Coil-Dragonforce-Amon Amarth-SuidAkarA-Starkill-Caliban-Turisas-Caligulas Horse-Opeth-Ghost Ship Octavius-Leaves Eyes
  • Feniel
    Oiler

by Feniel » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:13 pm

Pamela wrote:I posted this in one of the other threads but am bored and being forced to actually work the 2 weeks of my 2 weeks notice at work so I've been on the forums more this week.

SOON

Count me and my cousin in
    2013-#4017 \m/

Epica, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Edguy, Avantasia, Helloween, Powerglove, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Into Eternity,[size=150] Unexpect[/size], Blackguard, Sabaton, Dio Diciples, Keep of Kallesian, Death Angel, Sirenia, Falconer, [/size][/color]
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:28 pm

SOON

Yeah :viking: :cheers: :bangers: :heavydrink: :viking: :wank: :cheers: :party:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
    VorpalBunny
    Petty Officer

by VorpalBunny » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:58 pm

:viking:
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Thu Jan 10, 2013 10:51 am

Feniel wrote:Count me and my cousin in

Great! See you there! :3drunks:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:13 am

So, right now, I'm planning on my sightseeing tour for Saturday. It's mostly about costume shops. ANd I just figure out where to buy face painting!!!!

:shred:
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:16 am

ArlequinA wrote:So, right now, I'm planning on my sightseeing tour for Saturday. It's mostly about costume shops. ANd I just figure out where to buy face painting!!!!

Vorpalbunny and I will also bring extra facepaint (Stage blood and greasepaint) although I know you want the water-based kind. Running out of time do do stuff!! How did that happen?? :deathhorns:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:29 am

Water based paint doesn't look that good. I don't mind spending the whole cruise looking like I'm part of Turisas :P

But I can bring some if you want.
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:32 am

ArlequinA wrote:Water based paint doesn't look that good. I don't mind spending the whole cruise looking like I'm part of Turisas :P

But I can bring some if you want.

Oh, I thought you had mentioned that you used the water-based kind for your skin. I prefer not to go water-based, the red isn't nearly as vivid hehe.
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:45 am

Did I say that? I don't remember... Well, I don't care, lets get the authentic war face! :viking:
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Thu Jan 10, 2013 11:56 am

ArlequinA wrote:Did I say that? I don't remember... Well, I don't care, lets get the authentic war face! :viking:

Got you covered!! (in warpaint.. see what I did there? :beerwink: ) :viking: :viking: :viking:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    sabaton
    Petty Officer

by sabaton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:10 pm

ArlequinA wrote:Did I say that? I don't remember... Well, I don't care, lets get the authentic war face! :viking:

Ooooh yeah !
    You promised to paint us before Turisas.

Where do we meet ?

:death: :viking: :metalguy: :death:
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:25 pm

sabaton wrote:

Ooooh yeah !

Where do we meet ?

Edit: (Hijacking ArlequinAs question- sorry hehe)
    I'll make sure to be at whatever location they're playing with enough time before they start (15-20+ min? we'll have to check out the running order) to paint faces - with as many of the group that want to join me. :bangers:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:03 pm

Pamela wrote:
    sabaton wrote:

Ooooh yeah !

Where do we meet ?

Edit: (Hijacking ArlequinAs question- sorry hehe)
    I'll make sure to be at whatever location they're playing with enough time before they start (15-20+ min? we'll have to check out the running order) to paint faces - with as many of the group that want to join me. :bangers:

:lol: Depending on the running order I may join. Why not??
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    sabaton
    Petty Officer

by sabaton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:08 pm

We will be there !

:viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:22 pm

sabaton wrote:We will be there !

:viking: :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:

Excellent!! :viking:

Stained Class wrote: :lol: Depending on the running order I may join. Why not??

The more painted faces the better!! :viking:
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:26 pm

I'll be there as well :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:

Cause of my disability I wanted to stay in a high place to see the stage - not cool to be too short :roll: -, in a safe place and also because I can't stay standed for a long time, but I know myself, I doubt I can stay sitted while the Turisas gigs. Well, it still depends if the stages are accessible with no steps for the disabled people, of course :viking:

sabaton
    Petty Officer

by sabaton » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:35 pm

taketheday wrote:I'll be there as well :viking: :viking: :viking: :viking:

Cause of my disability I wanted to stay in a high place to see the stage - not cool to be too short :roll: -, in a safe place and also because I can't stay standed for a long time, but I know myself, I doubt I can stay sitted while the Turisas gigs. Well, it still depends if the stages are accessible with no steps for the disabled people, of course :viking:

We will find you and drag you to the paintroom !
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:42 pm

Don't worry, I remember I promised I'll paint everyone!! That's why I'm planing on going to a Ricky's on Saturday before the cruise, to get enough stuff for that.
    So I'll be there helping Pam, with both water-based paint and grease paint, to make sure that everyone will look FABULOUS to see Warlord! :D

I might do the same for Ensiferum sets, but their face paint is easier, only black stripes. :)
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:44 pm

taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:46 pm

ArlequinA wrote:Don't worry, I remember I promised I'll paint everyone!! That's why I'm planing on going to a Ricky's on Saturday before the cruise, to get enough stuff for that.
    So I'll be there helping Pam, with both water-based paint and grease paint, to make sure that everyone will look FABULOUS to see Warlord! :D

I might do the same for Ensiferum sets, but their face paint is easier, only black stripes. :)

Just a small stupid question. Do we need something special to remove the warpaint after the gigs or water is enough?

ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:48 pm

taketheday wrote:
    ArlequinA wrote:Don't worry, I remember I promised I'll paint everyone!! That's why I'm planing on going to a Ricky's on Saturday before the cruise, to get enough stuff for that.

Just a small stupid question. Do we need something special to remove the warpaint after the gigs or water is enough?

For the water-based ones, water is enough. But they don't look SO cool.

For the grease ones, you might need a makeup remover and it takes a little effort. But they look awesome!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:51 pm

I want to be painted too!

But I guess it'll depend on the running order...

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:51 pm

ArlequinA wrote:
    taketheday wrote:

For the water-based ones, water is enough. But they don't look SO cool.

For the grease ones, you might need a makeup remover and it takes a little effort. But they look awesome!

Ok, with a little help, that should be ok for me :viking:

Pinkyvincy
    Crewman

by Pinkyvincy » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:53 pm

how cool!! :viking:
    if turisas is playing late on the cruistrip, my skin, which is not very used to the sun, gonna be red anyway :lol:
    no need for red paint then :p
    ompa te' du dør!
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:57 pm

Pinkyvincy wrote:how cool!! :viking:
    if turisas is playing late on the cruistrip, my skin, which is not very used to the sun, gonna be red anyway :lol:
    no need for red paint then :p

Ok, so only black paint for you :)
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:05 pm

taketheday wrote:Just a small stupid question. Do we need something special to remove the warpaint after the gigs or water is enough?

when using the greasepaint if you use lotion underneath prior to the gig it seems to come off better and it will just come off with soap and water regardless :)
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:09 pm

Pamela wrote:
    taketheday wrote:Just a small stupid question. Do we need something special to remove the warpaint after the gigs or water is enough?

when using the greasepaint if you use lotion underneath prior to the gig it seems to come off better and it will just come off with soap and water regardless :)

I'll try to find a lotion tomorrow as I'm going downtown :viking: Thanks Pamela :cheers:

VorpalBunny
    Petty Officer

by VorpalBunny » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:19 pm

I'm bringing good quality black greasepaint and some nice arterial red stage blood. Plenty for painting lots of people.

However, if I don't start getting better soon I'll be sitting to one side with TaketheDay.
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:30 pm

My cabinmate and I used the grease-based paint back in 2008 when they came around and there is still a drain stained red in my old apartment in New Orleans.

That stuff does NOT come out easily.

Somehow my skin held up perfectly. No acne or anything despite being layered in friggin' grease.

Not sure if I'll be painting up or not. Obviously I want to be a part of this thing, but there just may be too much going on and Turisas is like priority #7 or 8 band-wise right now =P
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:15 pm

You do realize HEATHEN is a classic THRASH band yes?

Just sayin... Thanks for the advertising ;)

So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Jan 10, 2013 6:19 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:You do realize HEATHEN is a classic THRASH band yes?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Pamela
    Petty Officer

by Pamela » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:35 am

Enough room for ALL METAL I say!! (I just may not see you at those concerts lol :beerwink: )
    '13 '15 '16 '18
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:39 am

To be fair, Heathen is a word that exists long before thrash metal, and it's more closely related to folk than thrash, so... :P

--
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:15 am

X-Thor wrote:

To be fair, Heathen is a word that exists long before thrash metal, and it's more closely related to folk than thrash, so... :P

First part true. Second part, although something we could debate ad nauseum, not a chance!

Sure, I get it, the root and origins of the word are much akin to 'pagan' in that it refers to those who live on the heath or the uneducated/undomesticated country 'folk' of a region. But in it's common context it is anyone who doesn't adhere to the dogma of the popular religion and so can easily be applied to most metalheads.

/end ad nauseum ;)

and if that doesn't work then okay, I admit it, I just can't stand the fact that this thread title excited me until I saw what it was about lol

VorpalBunny
    Petty Officer

by VorpalBunny » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:25 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Sure, I get it, the root and origins of the word are much akin to 'pagan' in that it refers to those who live on the heath or the uneducated/undomesticated country 'folk' of a region. But in it's common context it is anyone who doesn't adhere to the dogma of the popular religion and so can easily be applied to most metalheads.

I asked Pam to use "Heathen" rather than "Pagan" as I find Pagan is more of a religious adherence these days.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Jan 11, 2013 1:27 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

and if that doesn't work then okay, I admit it, I just can't stand the fact that this thread title excited me until I saw what it was about lol

:lol: :lol: I knew it!!!

--
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:12 pm

VorpalBunny wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Sure, I get it, the root and origins of the word are much akin to 'pagan' in that it refers to those who live on the heath or the uneducated/undomesticated country 'folk' of a region. But in it's common context it is anyone who doesn't adhere to the dogma of the popular religion and so can easily be applied to most metalheads.

I asked Pam to use "Heathen" rather than "Pagan" as I find Pagan is more of a religious adherence these days.

Definitely.

Oh well, I guess it's okay if you guys use the word. Likely, none of you are Heathen fans so that make you all heathens in my books anyways :P

Post Reply 59 posts