Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1
Special Events??
  • SpaceSlug
    Crewman

Special Events??

by SpaceSlug » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:50 pm

The site (under The Event) lists special events. Everyone is yelling about the announcements.. well, what are these nifty events I should attend? I need to know what to do when I am not running between sets.
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: Special Events??

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:54 pm

Well we already know that there will be the Jeff Waters Jam and Vikka will be playing metal songs on the grand piano(s?). There is always some kind of guitar/bass/drum/vocal clinic done by a few people. Actually Victor Smolski of Rage did a clinic on the first cruise so I wouldn't be surprised if that happens again. Also these typically take place on the third and fourth days from what I can remember, so if it's during a band you like you'll have had a chance to see them already. It should be on the running order and it's usually in the Boleros lounge.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:26 pm

I read in Cristina Scabbia's page that she is rehearsing covers for the cruise, so I guess she'll be singing in the "special jam" session
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 23, 2013 6:27 pm

pablov8 wrote:I read in Cristina Scabbia's page that she is rehearsing covers for the cruise, so I guess she'll be singing in the "special jam" session

Or just getting ready for karaoke :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:02 pm

pablov8 wrote:I read in Cristina Scabbia's page that she is rehearsing covers for the cruise, so I guess she'll be singing in the "special jam" session

any kind of cover from her is good for me

Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:05 pm

I have never attended any of these special events. Too much other stuff going on. Not sure how you guys fit this into your schedules ::shrug::
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:19 pm

Ecliptica wrote:I have never attended any of these special events. Too much other stuff going on. Not sure how you guys fit this into your schedules ::shrug::

you should .. last year the jam at boleros lounge was amazing .. in the other hand the bass and drums clinic well .. were quite empty but a very good chance to hang with the Stratovarius guys
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:36 pm

Captain Alex wrote:

any kind of cover from her is good for me

She can use my microphone if she wants

Last edited by pablov8 on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:46 pm

Ecliptica wrote:I have never attended any of these special events. Too much other stuff going on. Not sure how you guys fit this into your schedules ::shrug::

+1. Too many shows to go
    metal4ever
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 pm

Captain Alex wrote:

you should .. last year the jam at boleros lounge was amazing .. in the other hand the bass and drums clinic well .. were quite empty but a very good chance to hang with the Stratovarius guys

The jam was during Orphaned Land so there's no way I was going to that. Yeah I probably wont get a chance to go to any of these sessions either.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:59 am

I can tell you that the All Star Jam is gonna involve quite a number of the other musicians, so I'm pretty sure that won't be happening in the Bolero Lounge. Pool Deck or Chorus Line would be a better bet :beerwink:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Jan 24, 2013 7:08 am

Captain Metal wrote:I can tell you that the All Star Jam is gonna involve quite a number of the other musicians, so I'm pretty sure that won't be happening in the Bolero Lounge. Pool Deck or Chorus Line would be a better bet :beerwink:

Pool Deck sounds great, perfect to have some drinks at the jacuzzy and enjoy :beerwink: :shred:
Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1