Post Reply 777 posts
70K TONS WISHLISTS 2014 (a.k.a. GIMME GIMME!)
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: 70K TONS WISHLISTS 2014 (a.k.a. GIMME GIMME!)

by doomguy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:21 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I think sometime down the TRACK, a best of. But - not yet :)

Can you imagine, say, a tenth anniversary cruise featuring the headline or 'biggest' bands from the previous years?

THAT would be worthwhile!!!

That would be an awesome cruise.

Andy did say in an interview that plans for a special headline cruise was in the works, but that it takes time. Not a cruise full of headliners, but a cruise that revolves around one or two special headliners, like many other festivals do.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:26 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Conrad wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:2013 is looking like a year where none of the festivals are impressing me with their line ups...hopefully 70k 2014 gives me what I want!

High standards, eh. Tough to please? And I thought I was fussy :P

look at how longmy wishlist is... I love SO many bands... I shouldn't be hard to please at all... but somehow all the festivals are just piling up with bands I can't stand and have a couple bands I like at like 3rd or 4th tier... not gonna travel or spend lots of money for that

Probably not up to your standard, but I think Hellfest has the best line-up of any Euro fest so far. I'd go but not a good time of the year for me this year, will definitely keep any eye on it for next year though. Currently I'm quite happy with the MetalDays and Summer Breeze line-ups too.

How do you make such a long wishlist anyway? I've tried in the past but keep getting a character limit error, how'd you bypass that?

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:44 pm

Conrad wrote:How do you make such a long wishlist anyway? I've tried in the past but keep getting a character limit error, how'd you bypass that?

Satan owed me one ;)
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:58 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Conrad wrote:How do you make such a long wishlist anyway? I've tried in the past but keep getting a character limit error, how'd you bypass that?

Satan owed me one ;)

Makes sense.

2019 Wishlist:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Feb 17, 2013 2:02 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:

Satan owed me one ;)

I'd like to see SATAN on 70k - they are releasing a new album in spring and play Sweden Rock...so, they probably do a tour in summer and should be free next January
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:48 am

Conrad wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

Satan owed me one ;)

Makes sense.

Notice that there are no actual SPACES between anything? By using a - it tricks it into thinking its one long word and you can type as long as you want ;)
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Feb 17, 2013 8:37 am

How about some love for my namesake? Where's Meshuggah on the list?

...honest question...how is Animals As Leaders a metal band? Sounds like Prog Jazz. Not that they're bad...they just don't sound like \METAL/ to my ears.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:11 am

meshuggah wrote:How about some love for my namesake? Where's Meshuggah on the list?

...honest question...how is Animals As Leaders a metal band? Sounds like Prog Jazz. Not that they're bad...they just don't sound like \METAL/ to my ears.

only if they use the old 7 strings and the only song newer than Chaosphere is I
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:05 pm

Yeah, that's why I asked here (most forumites are vets, as far as I can see). I'm curious as to wether you'd like to "repeat" past experiences (which you enjoyed) or to try for something new.

Also, PLEASE, ANDY, BOOK SAUROM FOR NEXT YEAR:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUBDanKLdVM

:headbanger: :headbanger:[/quote]

i REALLY don't have a problem with reapeat. I can watch the bands I like back to back nights each and every tour/year!!!!
    metal4ever
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:23 pm

meshuggah wrote:How about some love for my namesake? Where's Meshuggah on the list?

I put Meshuggah on my wishlist :-). I'd say Animals as Leaders is progressive metal, they may have some elements of jazz fusion, but if you were to describe it as simply progressive jazz to a jazz musician you'd probably get strange looks. Metal doesn't have to be all brutal. They're also on my wishlist and would love to see them on the cruise, more than Meshuggah :D

DrinkMoxie wrote:

only if they use the old 7 strings and the only song newer than Chaosphere is I

lol, you're dreaming :lol: I don't think they've ever played I live, and probably never will. At least not in its entirety, they may have played bits of it at some point.

2019 Wishlist:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:27 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Conrad wrote:Makes sense.

Notice that there are no actual SPACES between anything? By using a - it tricks it into thinking its one long word and you can type as long as you want ;)

Yeah I noticed, but I didn't think it would count only words as single characters :? normally all letters and including spaces and - are counted as a character, in which case it wouldn't matter if there weren't any spaces.

2019 Wishlist:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:57 pm

Conrad wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    Conrad wrote:Makes sense.

Yeah I noticed, but I didn't think it would count only words as single characters :? normally all letters and including spaces and - are counted as a character, in which case it wouldn't matter if there weren't any spaces.

and yet, it works.

and I'm not saying Meshuggah has to play "I" but rather just that they should play not 1 damned song from Nothing, Catch 33, Obzen, or Koloss... and I'd prefer the sound they had before the 8 strings

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:18 pm

The "One" Black Metal Band for 70K. Make it so

70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:38 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Conrad wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

and yet, it works.

and I'm not saying Meshuggah has to play "I" but rather just that they should play not 1 damned song from Nothing, Catch 33, Obzen, or Koloss... and I'd prefer the sound they had before the 8 strings

Unlikely. And I like Nothing.

2019 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 4:22 am

Laura wrote: So, you won't book again unless one of your faves like WT or a few others are booked? The problem I see lies in the fact that one of those or other faves of other people may not be announced "out of the gate" and then one is stuck waiting to book - when meanwhile the lesser expensive cabins are selling out. Kevin has said (one of) his "ace in the hole" would be Madder Mortem - but what if they're announced late (as Unexpect was - one of Evican's faves)? My only 70K "ace in the hole" left was Pain of Salvation, but now that they are finally touring the US in May, there goes that. :P For me, when and if I do another UMC cruise, it will be primarily for the friendship and the overall experience* (and maybe a sudden hankering for a week of drunken debauchery :lol: ) - but then again - it costs me a lot less to go than you and Luelle coming from Australia. Either way - hope UMC books some of your wishlist bands as they have in the past! :cheers:

I don't think its risky - if say, we haven't committed to 70k by Oct/Nov when the cruise is normally close to selling out, even the addition of a Within Temptation or a Van Canto really wont make it a justifiable expense.

But I think we will know well before then - I have faith in UMC. 2011 had Sonata, Epica, Trouble and Amon Amarth already on the lineup when we found out about it. 2012 had Eluveitie, Gravedigger, MDB, Stratovarius, Therion, Tristania in the first announcement, and 2013 had Lacuna, Sabaton, , Ensiferum and Turisas early.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:08 am

^^^ It will be really interesting to see who the first bands are! I won't be going on 70K 2014, but it still is fun to watch the announcements roll in!

Re the Meshuggah & Animals as Leaders discussion - both bands are very new to me and I'll see both on Friday night for the first time. While I suspect Meshuggah will put on a kick-ass show, I'm looking forward to seeing AAL ten-fold. Those guys have totally been blowing me away!!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Feb 18, 2013 9:09 am

Laura wrote:^^^ It will be really interesting to see who the first bands are! I won't be going on 70K 2014, but it still is fun to watch the announcements roll in!

Re the Meshuggah & Animals as Leaders discussion - both bands are very new to me and I'll see both on Friday night for the first time. While I suspect Meshuggah will put on a kick-ass show, I'm looking forward to seeing AAL ten-fold. Those guys have totally been blowing me away!!

Saw this show last Friday in NY. Meshuggah was amazing (listen for the singing guitars juxtaposed against the brutal vocals/bass/drums). AAL were teriffic, but I still hear them as a Jazz fusion group; and Intronaut has been a favorite band of mine since I first heard them a couple of years ago.

Curious to hear what you think. Enjoy the show!
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Feb 18, 2013 11:10 am

Have I said we should have Slaughter of the Bluegrass onbroad? Because we totally should. PLEEAAASE?
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Swissler
    Wiper

by Swissler » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:27 pm

My Wishlist for my first 70000 Tons Cruise

-Twisted Sister
    -Krokus
    -Alice Cooper
    -Ted Nugent
    -Tarja Turunen
    -Triptykon
    -Samael
    -WASP
    -Blaze Bayley
    -Ministry
    -Satyricon
    -Immortal
    -Savatage (Reunion Show) or Jon Oliva's Pain and Circle II Circle

And for Special Fun and Party ;

-Dr.Feelgood
    -Sweet

:bangers:
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:47 pm

PLEASE NO TED NUGENT! This past cruise had an ass-hole quotient of near zero...he would raise that number immediately! BTW, Ministry is defunct.
  • Disco
    Midshipman

by Disco » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:57 pm

I'd be down with Sweet though.

Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:43 pm

Goldfinger "Fuck Ted Nugent"
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    Nighty
    Crewman

by Nighty » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:49 pm

Wishlist...so far...more to come :bangers:

Accept
    The Agonist
    Alice Cooper
    Amaranthe
    Anthrax
    Arch Enemy
    Avantasia
    Axel Rudi Pell
    Battle Beast
    Crucified Barbara
    Dark Princess
    Dragony
    Edenbridge
    Epica
    Excrematory Grindfuckers
    Firewind
    Freedom Call
    Gamma Ray
    HolyHell
    The Iron Maidens
    J.B.O.
    Jon Oliva's Pain (or maybe a Savatage Reunion Show)
    Kamelot
    Lordi
    Motörhead
    My Dying Bride
    Orden Ogan
    Primal Fear
    Sister Sin
    Sodom
    Sonata Arctica
    Stratovarius
    Tankard
    To-Mera
    Unleash the Archers
    W.A.S.P.
    Within Temptation
    Xandria
    70k 2013 - Cabin 2526
    70k 2014 - Cabin 4523
    70k 2015 - Cabin 3254
    70k 2016 - Deck 8
  • Feniel
    Oiler

by Feniel » Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:19 pm

Disco wrote:I'd be down with Sweet though.

Sweet would be great fun i just saw them on friday and thought to myself they would be a great " fun band " to have on the shipthey put on an awesome show
    2013-#4017 \m/

Epica, Sonata Arctica, Nightwish, Edguy, Avantasia, Helloween, Powerglove, Ensiferum, Korpiklaani, Alestorm, Into Eternity,[size=150] Unexpect[/size], Blackguard, Sabaton, Dio Diciples, Keep of Kallesian, Death Angel, Sirenia, Falconer, [/size][/color]
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:26 pm

:deathhorns: Badger's WISHLIST :deathhorns:

Demons & Wizards
    Hypocrisy
    King Diamond
    Bolt Thrower
    Dimmu Borgir
    Unleash the Archers
    Skyforger
    Equilibrium
    Dalriada
    Metsatöll
    Arch Enemy
    Mokoma
    Ignis Fatuu
    UDO
    Van Canto
    Hell
    Dir En Grey
    GWAR
    Immortal
    Lordi
    Strapping Young Lad
    Through the Eyes of the Dead
    Twisted Sister
    Volbeat
    Vreid
    GloryHammer
    Wizard
    Wildpath
    *Legion of the Damned

Repeats:
    Amon Amarth
    Testament
    Alestorm
    Korpiklanni
    Eluveitie
    Annihilator

:beerbang: Just give me METAL and BEER, then I'm all good :D
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:07 pm

Latest update (Within Temptation in red as they can already be ruled out as a possibility)

22 Amon Amarth
    14 Epica, Hypocrisy, Wintersun
    13 Blind Guradian, King Diamond, Within Temptation
    12 Dark Tranquillity, Demons & Wizards, Kalmah
    11 Accept, Anthrax, Avantasia, Iced Earth, Immortal, Insomnium, Opeth, Therion
    10 Eluveitie
    09 Arch Enemy, Devin Townsend, Equilibrium, Powerwolf, Van Canto
    08 Alestorm, Bel'akor, Borknagar, Gamma Ray, Korpiklaani, Symphony X, Testament
    07 Agalloch, Anathema, Firewind, Ghost, Gojira, Jon Oliva's Pain, Ne Obliviscaris, Omnium Gatherum, Orden Ogan, Rhapsody, Running Wild, Twisted Sister

If the lineup consisted of the above or near to it - about 50 sets for me :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:12 pm

About 15 sets for me. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:33 pm

Memnoch wrote:About 15 sets for me. :lol:

I'm afraid the only person wishing for a lot of the things on your wishlist, is you :P :lol:

The count for the bands in your signature:
    14 EPICA
    13 WITHIN TEMPTATION
    06 SEPTICFLESH
    03 TRIOSPHERE
    02 HAIL OF BULLETS
    01 GRAND SUPREME BLOOD COURT / ADE / PRIMORDIAL / ASPHYX / ORIGIN / VOMITORY / HATE / LUNAR PATH
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:40 pm

So, what, we have 1520 forum members with terrible taste in music? :lol:

EDIT: Updated the signature as WT is ruled out.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:51 am

Memnoch wrote:So, what, we have 1520 forum members with terrible taste in music? :lol:

EDIT: Updated the signature as WT is ruled out.

Nope. Just one :P
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:38 am

Wish list for 70k 2014: Amon Amarth, ( even though it won't happen) Galadriel -from Bratislava (Dødo Ďatel is an awesome musician and online friend of mine) , Hanzel Und Gretyl, Dark Tranquility, Rotting Christ - again, Fleshgod Apocalypse,Insomnium, Svartsot, Ghost, Kalmah
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:53 pm

Here my list for 2014

Sister Sin
    Loudness
    Europe
    King Diamond
    Rose Tattoo
    Thin LIzzy
    In This Moment
    Delain (again)
    Vital Remains
    Demon
    Sixx AM
    Bullet
    Frank Marino
    Y and T
    Twisted Sister

It's enough for me, If I write 42 bands, Not possible to see them.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:39 pm

Right you are!

*FIXES*
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:30 am

lampropelma wrote:Here my list for 2014

Sister Sin
    Loudness
    Europe
    King Diamond
    Rose Tattoo
    Thin LIzzy
    In This Moment
    Delain (again)
    Vital Remains
    Demon
    Sixx AM
    Bullet
    Frank Marino
    Y and T
    Twisted Sister

It's enough for me, If I write 42 bands, Not possible to see them.

I add also Tarja, Halestorm, Powerwolf, Gypsy Pistoleros and DGM
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:29 am

cowboy71 wrote:Latest update (Within Temptation in red as they can already be ruled out as a possibility)

22 Amon Amarth
    10 Eluveitie
    07 Agalloch, Anathema, Firewind, Ghost, Gojira, Jon Oliva's Pain, Ne Obliviscaris, Omnium Gatherum, Orden Ogan, Rhapsody, Running Wild, Twisted Sister

68 sets.
    :shock:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Feb 26, 2013 11:44 am

viathyn wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Latest update (Within Temptation in red as they can already be ruled out as a possibility)

22 Amon Amarth
    10 Eluveitie

68 sets.

Yeah I see about 10 bands that aren't 2 setters for me in that list :lol: Hopefully Andy listens!!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Feb 26, 2013 12:24 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    viathyn wrote:

22 Amon Amarth
    10 Eluveitie

68 sets.

Yeah I see about 10 bands that aren't 2 setters for me in that list :lol: Hopefully Andy listens!!

yes this one is (perfect)
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
  • Jebus_Cripes
    Chief Petty Officer

by Jebus_Cripes » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:58 pm

22 Amon Amarth
    10 Eluveitie

Same here, this lineup would be amazing.
    2014 WL: Kalmah\Dark Tranquillity\Amon Amarth\Blind Guardian\Insomnium\At the Gates\Before the Dawn\Be'Lakor\Dark Age\Omnium Gatherum\Hypocrisy\Suidakra\Scar Symmetry\Skyfire\Gojira\Ghost\Swallow the Sun\Wintersun\Gardenian\Immortal\Rotting Christ
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:11 pm

Jebus_Cripes wrote:

22 Amon Amarth
    10 Eluveitie

Same here, this lineup would be amazing.

Would only be 3 absolute MUSTS for me: King Diamond, Gojira, NeO
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:51 pm

Hmmm - of that group listed above I've seen Amon Amarth 6x, Epica, Wintersun, Blind Guardian, Dark Tranquillity, Accept, Anthrax (will see in April), Iced Earth, Immortal 3x, Opeth 4x, Therion 2x, Eluveitie 7x, Arch Enemy, Devin Townsend, Alestorm 3x, Borknagar, Gamma Ray, Korpiklaani 5x, Testament 4x, Agalloch, Ghost & Running Wild. Of those I haven't seen, only have interest in Hypocrisy, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Symphony X, Ne O, Anathema, & Twisted Sister (like them and would enjoy seeing them, but they are not "must see before I die" caliber). The rest either I'm not familar with or don't care about.

So, I love seeing bands and all but when & if I go on another UMC cruise, it will be primarily for the people (like you Kev!! :P ) and the overall atmosphere. :bangers:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
Post Reply 777 posts