Post Reply 846 posts
70k 2014 Lineup Predictions/Rumours
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: 70k 2014 Lineup Predictions/Rumours

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:55 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Did you know that raspberry artificial flavouring comes from the anal gland of a beaver? Perhaps strawberry comes from the anal gland of a Humphrey.

Well. I can never again eat raspberry or strawberry flavored things without thinking about this.

:P
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:54 am

Stained Class wrote:Did you know that raspberry artificial flavouring comes from the anal gland of a beaver?

So does vainilla, I think.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:00 am

X-Thor wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Did you know that raspberry artificial flavouring comes from the anal gland of a beaver?

i like anal glands
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:05 am

X-Thor wrote:

http://homecooking.about.com/od/specifi ... xtract.htm
    False. Unless you do things differently in Mexico :?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:57 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Did you know that raspberry artificial flavouring comes from the anal gland of a beaver? Perhaps strawberry comes from the anal gland of a Humphrey.

Well. I can never again eat raspberry or strawberry flavored things without thinking about this.

:P

Joey, you've earned something like 50 high fives!
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:15 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

Apparently, we do. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Or I've been living in a lie these years. Which would be kind of a relief, to be honest.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:44 pm

I hear Edu and Bill are doing a special acoustic set next year.

Something something anal flavoring
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:52 am

Did you know that raspberry artificial flavouring comes from the anal gland of a beaver? Perhaps strawberry comes from the anal gland of a Humphrey.[/quote]

What kind of beaver would that be? :boobs:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:27 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

Not in my part of Mexico. Silly chilangos :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Michael D.
    Ensign

by Michael D. » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:19 am

mooyagi wrote:

I second this, and my mind has once again been altered by the forumites and their twisted comments. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll:
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Tony Lazaro from Vital Remains told me that he wanted to come back to the cruise, his band was at the Barge to Hell, why not at the 70000 tons.

Would like also

Sister Sin
    Loudness
    Twisted Sister
    King Diamond
    Within Temptation (but difficult because Sharon is sick on boat)
    Rose Tattoo
    Halestorm
    Arch Enemy (du=ifficult because they told me they don t like cruise)
    Mustach
    Y and T
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:00 am

lampropelma wrote:Tony Lazaro from Vital Remains told me that he wanted to come back to the cruise, his band was at the Barge to Hell, why not at the 70000 tons.

Tony is an awesome dude, super friendly. Would be cool to have them on 70k.

lampropelma wrote:Within Temptation (but difficult because Sharon is sick on boat)

Isn't that what someone from Kataklysm said? So basically that means they will be on broad :D Where did you hear that anyway?
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:07 am

Would be a shame if that meant there is little chance of getting Within Temptation on the ship, as they are one of only three bands (Within Temptation, Magnum, and Van Canto) that by their presence alone would guarantee me doing it all again in 2014.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:15 am

Conrad wrote:
    lampropelma wrote:Tony Lazaro from Vital Remains told me that he wanted to come back to the cruise, his band was at the Barge to Hell, why not at the 70000 tons.

Tony is an awesome dude, super friendly. Would be cool to have them on 70k.

lampropelma wrote:Within Temptation (but difficult because Sharon is sick on boat)

Isn't that what someone from Kataklysm said? So basically that means they will be on broad :D Where did you hear that anyway?

Kataklysm had to get a fill in drummer to play the cruise. I wouldn't mind Vital Remains since I missed them on barge!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Tue Feb 12, 2013 3:30 am

Axel Ritt of Grave Digger told me that they will maybe do another 70K cruise :headbanger:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:33 am

taketheday wrote:Axel Ritt of Grave Digger told me that they will maybe do another 70K cruise :headbanger:

that would rock
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Feb 12, 2013 7:48 am

taketheday wrote:Axel Ritt of Grave Digger told me that they will maybe do another 70K cruise :headbanger:

I would like that.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:26 pm

mooyagi wrote:

I would like that.

That would be awesome to see them again and out on the boat again is even better :headbanger:
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
    BloodRedMike
    Crewman

by BloodRedMike » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:52 pm

I'm almost positive Suffocation is already booked, and after talking to the guys from Legion Of The Damned in Switzerland, they had to pass on this years cruise due to recording but Andy has approached them. I hope Andy books them. They are the one band besides Bolt Thrower that I'm salivating for.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:10 pm

BloodRedMike wrote:I'm almost positive Suffocation is already booked, and after talking to the guys from Legion Of The Damned in Switzerland, they had to pass on this years cruise due to recording but Andy has approached them. I hope Andy books them. They are the one band besides Bolt Thrower that I'm salivating for.

I'd enjoy Legion Of The Damned
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:12 pm

BloodRedMike wrote:I'm almost positive Suffocation is already booked, and after talking to the guys from Legion Of The Damned in Switzerland, they had to pass on this years cruise due to recording but Andy has approached them. I hope Andy books them. They are the one band besides Bolt Thrower that I'm salivating for.

Will book 70K2K14 strictly to see Frank at karaoke.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Mon Feb 18, 2013 8:30 am

mooyagi wrote:

I would like that.

Grave Digger is awesome, they definitely should come back to 70k!!!!!!!! Especially since 70K is the only place I'd ever get to see them since they do not come to the USA

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:37 pm

I actually like Grave Digger on CD (every metalhead should love singing Rebellion) but IMO they sorta blew on the cruise...
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Disco
    Midshipman

by Disco » Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:31 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Actually DSO has the same number of members as Eluveitie :mrgreen:

Big difference is that DSO is actually good.

Ask their #1 fan, Mr. Methane, for confirmation.

Mr. Humphrey thinks DSO is unlistenable and loves Eluveitie

You have my seal of approval
    Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:37 pm

alex_canada wrote:I actually like Grave Digger on CD (every metalhead should love singing Rebellion) but IMO they sorta blew on the cruise...

really? they are way more fun live than on disc...and they were quite good on 70k, IMO
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:39 pm

last_candle wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:I actually like Grave Digger on CD (every metalhead should love singing Rebellion) but IMO they sorta blew on the cruise...

really? they are way more fun live than on disc...and they were quite good on 70k, IMO

I thought they were great onbroad
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Feb 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Blackfhyre wrote:
    last_candle wrote:

the weekend before this year's cruise, we went to see GD - and while they've been entertaining for at least ten shows in a row - this time, we weren't that much impressed
    but generally speaking, their shows kick ass :shred:
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 am

Blackfhyre wrote:
    last_candle wrote:

I thought so too! They are a fun band to see perform!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:09 am

WITHIN TEMPTATION can be officially ruled out. They have already announced UK tour dates for the week of the cruise in 2014 :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Maso
    Petty Officer

by Maso » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:57 am

Heard a rumor that Maso wants Heavy Metal Perse on broad and the band agrees :D
    2012 - offshore
    2013 - Survivor
    2014 - Survivor
    2015 - booked and paid

Wishlist:
    Girlie & tech death
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:43 am

I thought Grave Digger were excellent on 70k 2012. I just wish they varied their setlists. From my recollection, they played the same (or nearly the same) set for each of their shows.
    Nighty
    Crewman

by Nighty » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:07 pm

cowboy71 wrote:WITHIN TEMPTATION can be officially ruled out. They have already announced UK tour dates for the week of the cruise in 2014 :(

Sad but true.

But I'm happy that the german dates are in February (after the cruise) so I can see them here in Frankfurt.
    70k 2013 - Cabin 2526
    70k 2014 - Cabin 4523
    70k 2015 - Cabin 3254
    70k 2016 - Deck 8
    Maso
    Petty Officer

by Maso » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:15 pm

Nighty wrote:I don't think of Nightwish, cause they'll go on vacation after the summer festival tour 2013. And new music will not be expected before 2015.

If Nightwish can't I don't mind having just Floor with ReVamp.
    2012 - offshore
    2013 - Survivor
    2014 - Survivor
    2015 - booked and paid

Wishlist:
    Girlie & tech death
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:26 pm

Bentz! wrote:

I thought Grave Digger were excellent on 70k 2012. I just wish they varied their setlists. From my recollection, they played the same (or nearly the same) set for each of their shows.

There were a few differences, but could've used some more changes since they have such an extensive catalog. Much like what Helloween did this year - I was hoping for much more variety
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:36 pm

Blackfhyre wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:

There were a few differences, but could've used some more changes since they have such an extensive catalog. Much like what Helloween did this year - I was hoping for much more variety

I seriously don't get why bands don't vary their setlists more! Grave Digger was at least among those bands who played 2-3 different songs; I don't expect from each band to play two entirely different sets (like Hammerfall did)...but most bands are used to play a headliner set of 90+ minutes and therefore would be "prepared" to do at least 3-5 different songs at the second show...
    wishlist '25:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:19 pm

last_candle wrote:I seriously don't get why bands don't vary their setlists more! Grave Digger was at least among those bands who played 2-3 different songs; I don't expect from each band to play two entirely different sets (like Hammerfall did)...but most bands are used to play a headliner set of 90+ minutes and therefore would be "prepared" to do at least 3-5 different songs at the second show...

Agreed - can understand for bands in unique circumstances such as Angra or Kamelot where they have 'fill-in' musicians, but there really is no excuse for anyone else.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:23 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    last_candle wrote:I seriously don't get why bands don't vary their setlists more! Grave Digger was at least among those bands who played 2-3 different songs; I don't expect from each band to play two entirely different sets (like Hammerfall did)...but most bands are used to play a headliner set of 90+ minutes and therefore would be "prepared" to do at least 3-5 different songs at the second show...

Agreed - can understand for bands in unique circumstances such as Angra or Kamelot where they have 'fill-in' musicians, but there really is no excuse for anyone else.

It takes more time to get more songs stage-worthy, time is money, and to get money it likely only contractually asks for two sets. Nothing about variety. The bands that do anything other than the exact same set are doing a favour for the fans and should be commended, but I don't think the other should be necessarily derided.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:04 am

alex_canada wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

It takes more time to get more songs stage-worthy, time is money, and to get money it likely only contractually asks for two sets. Nothing about variety. The bands that do anything other than the exact same set are doing a favour for the fans and should be commended, but I don't think the other should be necessarily derided.

we are talking about bands that have 15-20 songs "stage-worthy"; nobody expects a band to play songs they haven't played in decades or never at all
    wishlist '25:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:39 am

last_candle wrote:nobody expects a band to play songs they haven't played in decades or never at all

speak for yourself... I totally want EXACTLY those things

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:51 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    last_candle wrote:nobody expects a band to play songs they haven't played in decades or never at all

speak for yourself... I totally want EXACTLY those things

sorry, I was only talking for sane people...
    wishlist '25:
Post Reply 846 posts