Post Reply 215 posts
Fresh ideas for 2014
    cowboy71
    Commander

Fresh ideas for 2014

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:57 pm

So this year had some great new additions - the talented Vika, Jeff's All Star Jam, violin clinic.

What are your cool/crazy ideas for next year?

I have one - how about a FEATURED ARTIST? Art is a huge component of heavy metal. Who here has bought an album purely due to its cover? *raises hand*

So yeah, how cool would it be to have someone like RODNEY MATTHEWS on broad to do a bit of a clinic, maybe do a 70k artwork to be auctioned for charity even?

Thoughts?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Fresh ideas for 2014

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:00 pm

Another idea -FEATURED PHOTOGRAPHER!

Obviously a heap of profesh photographers on broad, and a heap of amateur snappers like me who would appreciate some pointers from the experts :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:14 pm

cowboy71 wrote:So this year had some great new additions - the talented Vika, Jeff's All Star Jam, violin clinic.

What are your cool/crazy ideas for next year?

I have one - how about a FEATURED ARTIST? Art is a huge component of heavy metal. Who here has bought an album purely due to its cover? *raises hand*

So yeah, how cool would it be to have someone like RODNEY MATTHEWS on broad to do a bit of a clinic, maybe do a 70k artwork to be auctioned for charity even?

Thoughts?

Stach
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 7:49 pm

Hehe nice :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:43 pm

Not crazy about the artwork or photo idea since it doesn't appeal to me, but cool to those who would enjoy it - I just wouldn't want it as a single announcement.

Vika was a step in the right direction; next up is having an orchestra playing Pirates of the Caribbean 24/7 on the Centrum staircase.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:50 pm

alex_canada wrote:Not crazy about the artwork or photo idea since it doesn't appeal to me, but cool to those who would enjoy it - I just wouldn't want it as a single announcement.

Vika was a step in the right direction; next up is having an orchestra playing Pirates of the Caribbean 24/7 on the Centrum staircase.

This. A thousand times this.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:19 pm

drink discounts for topless and/or bottomless ladies :wank: :twisted: :D
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:21 pm

let's stick with topless, thanks...may be sharing the same seats
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:04 pm

I like the youtube star idea. Maybe we could get that dude that plays tech death songs on the Oboe? :lol:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:06 pm

vegan black metal chef in the windjammer...cooking workshop?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Feb 06, 2013 11:12 pm

alex_canada wrote:vegan black metal chef in the windjammer...cooking workshop?

OMG THIS.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:39 am

LOVE IT! Vegan black metal chef cooking class FTW!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:48 am

alex_canada wrote:vegan black metal chef in the windjammer...cooking workshop?

i dislike vegan cooking but that guy would be all kinds of awesome
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu Feb 07, 2013 4:28 am

Allow me to book half the bands on Barge, since I'm fucking awesome and all that :death: :deathmetal: :death:

I myself have no interest in photography or artwork or Van Canto or piano stuff.

More bands playing special setlists though :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Feb 07, 2013 6:01 am

alex_canada wrote:

Yes. At the very least this song needs to be on a playlist.

I would be down for Vegan Black Metal Chef and/or Regular Ordinary Swedish Mealtime.

I would also like some sort of heavy metal scavenger hunt, as discussed in previous years, just for the kicks.
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:59 am

Samhain wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:

Or a band could cover it. Lanfear played it at PPUSA, it was pretty sweet.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:52 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Samhain wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:

Or a band could cover it. Lanfear played it at PPUSA, it was pretty sweet.

Oliver Palatoi of Kamelot would play it during their sets last year. It needs to be a permanent fixture and should probably play every year when we embark on our journey.
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:54 am

Samhain wrote:Oliver Palatoi of Kamelot would play it during their sets last year. It needs to be a permanent fixture and should probably play every year when we embark on our journey.

:lol: yeah. At the very least someone could play it during the all star jam. Or we could get Vika to play it!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • angi
    Wiper

by angi » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:09 am

alex_canada wrote:next up is having an orchestra playing Pirates of the Caribbean 24/7 on the Centrum staircase.

haha that's so good^^ i'd totally vote for that :)
    wishlist 2014: abney park, anima sementis, behemoth, belphegor, children of bodom, death stars, devil driver, dimmu borgir, excrementory grindfuckers, falkenbach, finntroll, graveworm, korpiklaani, satyricon, system of a down, thorondir, trollfest
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:46 pm

alex_canada wrote:next up is having an orchestra playing Pirates of the Caribbean 24/7 on the Centrum staircase.

wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:37 pm

last_candle wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GI6CfKcMhjY

Yes.

KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:39 pm

alex_canada wrote:Not crazy about the artwork or photo idea since it doesn't appeal to me, but cool to those who would enjoy it - I just wouldn't want it as a single announcement.

That would be pretty sweet
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    TheSalamanizer
    Crewman

by TheSalamanizer » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:10 pm

How about getting security guards that won't push crowd surfers back into the audience and onto the ground?
    2015 - cabin 9375
  • Some1Wicked
    Oiler

by Some1Wicked » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:16 pm

Has there been a vocal clinic in the past? If not, maybe that is something that could be added.

An acoustic all-star jam?

What about a Heavy Metal trivia style game with prizes?
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:19 pm

TheSalamanizer wrote:How about getting security guards that won't push crowd surfers back into the audience and onto the ground?

That'd be good. Ask Eric... :lol: :lol:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:22 pm

Some1Wicked wrote:Has there been a vocal clinic in the past? If not, maybe that is something that could be added.

An acoustic all-star jam?

What about a Heavy Metal trivia style game with prizes?

Sabina from Holy Moses did a vocal clinic on Barge. I like the idea of Trivia except I'm not really sure when they would fit that in.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • Some1Wicked
    Oiler

by Some1Wicked » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:54 pm

What about the idea of a mystery band that's only revealed when they take the stage?
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:02 pm

Some1Wicked wrote:What about the idea of a mystery band that's only revealed when they take the stage?

We have enough mystery with announcements as they are now, I think. :lol:

--
  • SatansWrath
    Chief Petty Officer

by SatansWrath » Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:57 am

Metal trivia in schoner bar every afternoon with cool prices.

Flip the cup competition, this was brought by the scandinavian vikings since the first cruise 2011, played it every since, so much fun. We should have a tournament some day in the moonlight restaurant or the restaurant which is closed where the meet and greet is hold. Take alot of tables 5 people in every team for example and see who wins the glory and honor.

A metal concert during the day when we stay at some location. And stay little longer than 5 hours.
    http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
    Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
    hornile
    Oiler

by hornile » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:59 am

- Metal Trivia sounds like a good idea. Prizes can range from beer to booze and backwards

- no shows after 3am...I really had to fight with those early morning shows. Holy Grail played at 1:45 am and 3:45 am (afair). Or maybe have those late niters play the other set earlier.

- 5 days cruise means more time and more fun.
    70k 2013 survivor
    (cabin 6040)

70k 2015 survivor
    (cabin 7275)

70k 2016 survivor
    (cabin 9284)

70k 2019 ....hope to survive
  • eglifish
    Oiler

by eglifish » Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:22 am

- Wet T-Shirt Contest

- Air Guitar Contest
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:08 am

quite a few nice ideas - but they are by far not necessary and would mostly not even be an improvement
    the clinics seem to be very interesting for the musicians - so, that would add something special and they'd get my vote
    ...but you'll get my veto on all contests - even the bellyflop-contest is unbearable ("anatherroundapplaus")
    Vika on the other hand is very welcome on each and every cruise - because she doesn't bother anyone, doesn't take away time and is an extra bonus for many
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:20 pm

hornile wrote:- no shows after 3am...I really had to fight with those early morning shows. Holy Grail played at 1:45 am and 3:45 am (afair). Or maybe have those late niters play the other set earlier.

This cruise was BRUTAL for that.

Monday - 3 Inches of Blood after 4 am
    Tuesday - Tyr after 4 am
    Wednesday - Immolation after 4 am
    Thursday - if physically able to do it, EVERYONE should be doing an all nighter
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sun Feb 10, 2013 8:43 pm

I like the air guitar contest idea.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Bloodycanadian
    Petty Officer

by Bloodycanadian » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:56 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    hornile wrote:- no shows after 3am...I really had to fight with those early morning shows. Holy Grail played at 1:45 am and 3:45 am (afair). Or maybe have those late niters play the other set earlier.

This cruise was BRUTAL for that.

Monday - 3 Inches of Blood after 4 am
    Tuesday - Tyr after 4 am
    Wednesday - Immolation after 4 am
    Thursday - if physically able to do it, EVERYONE should be doing an all nighter

Well sometimes those late shows worked, meant you could nap off the blind drunk in my case one night.
    Total honesty though I'm in favor of security guard who don't think you're trying to jump the stage if you fall/get tossed over the railing, and I like that trivia idea.
    Now let's go get banjaxxed.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:47 am

I love the 4am sets. I hope they don't change that. It works better anyways, since they started pushing shows a bit later there are a lot less conflicts. Last year I missed 3 or 4 bands that I really wanted to see, this year I missed none.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:59 am

Yeah, 4am sets are really cool. I fully support a 5 day cruise, but maybe it gets too expensive and wouldn't sell out?

--
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:12 am

TheSalamanizer wrote:How about getting security guards that won't push crowd surfers back into the audience and onto the ground?

Yeah, that really pissed me off - you can get really hurt that way. The security guards are supposed to catch you and send you on your way (on your feet) back into the pit.
    I know they were doing that for girls (pulling them over the gate) but it should be that way for everyone!!!!! I find that 95% of security guards are dicks anyways. Lighten up! Everyone is trying to have fun here : )

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:14 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:

Yeah, that really pissed me off - you can get really hurt that way. The security guards are supposed to catch you and send you on your way (on your feet) back into the pit.
    I know they were doing that for girls (pulling them over the gate) but it should be that way for everyone!!!!! I find that 95% of security guards are dicks anyways. Lighten up! Everyone is trying to have fun here : )

They're mostly really good on the cruise. But a few jerkoffs :roll:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:34 am

X-Thor wrote:Yeah, 4am sets are really cool. I fully support a 5 day cruise, but maybe it gets too expensive and wouldn't sell out?

Yeah, if they added an extra day it would cost 25% more, and it would mess up RC's scheduling for that boat so it might cost even more.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
Post Reply 215 posts