Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

Re: 45 Weeks To Go!

by Blackfhyre » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:35 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Laura wrote:Ha - no opinion on Van Canto since I know absolutely *nothing* about them. :| :P (except that Dallas loves 'em!)

Seem to be a 'you either love em or you hate em' kinda band Laura.

Acapella - band consists of four singers and a drummer. So yeah, they draw ire from people because they are not 'true' musicians, and they also do more than your average amount of cover versions.

But yeah, to me they are a breath of fresh air, their cover versions are awesome (their cover of Grave Digger's "Rebellion" one of my favourites. And "Wishmaster" by Van Canto. And "Primo Victoria" by Sabaton). And some of their original songs are amazing too.

So yeah, they are another band that will polarize people. Elitists like Kevin will hate them, people that like to have fun will love them :) :P

They fall somewhere in the middle for me. I love their covers of Rebellion and Primo Victoria, but don't those both include the singers from GD and Sabaton?
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 1:44 pm

KevinP wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:
    So yeah, they are another band that will polarize people. Elitists like Kevin will hate them, people that like to have fun will love them :) :P

I love you too :D

And I have tons of fun, staying up til the wee hours of the morning, while you are sleeping most of the time and never at karaoke :P

HEHEHE. But, I didn't see you at all last cruise at Karaoke.... :?

OH WAITAMINUTE, you weren't there! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Feb Whitesnake-/-Scorpions May Tyr-/-Arkona Threshold
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Thu Mar 21, 2013 5:53 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    scyll wrote:Whoa, Van Canto AND Korpiklaani would already be enough to book for me. Add Wintersun, Before the Dawn and Amon Amarth (who are all realistic for 2014), and the whiners can get the other 35 bands! :lol:

Must be handy to have low standards in metal.

Who the hell are you to judge what's good and what's not, exactly? I can't wait to be educated by someone who has "superior" standards... :roll:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:01 pm

I really like Van Vanto songs more than the covers (except Rebellion, which is awesome).
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:08 pm

scyll wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:
    scyll wrote:Whoa, Van Canto AND Korpiklaani would already be enough to book for me. Add Wintersun, Before the Dawn and Amon Amarth (who are all realistic for 2014), and the whiners can get the other 35 bands! :lol:

Who the hell are you to judge what's good and what's not, exactly? I can't wait to be educated by someone who has "superior" standards... :roll:

Dude. He is IRISH.

I think, that says it all really..... :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Mar 21, 2013 6:57 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:I know what I like, and I try really hard not to judge others when it comes to what they like in music.

It is harder not to tell people not to drink what I consider to be bad beers...

As for bad beer, most of them aren't even beer (Bud, Miller, etc.)

It's difficult not to judge people who listen to shit like Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, most rap.....
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:49 pm

scyll wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:

I was refering to the fact that you'd consider a karaoke band a major booking band.
    My thoughts on Van Canto are probably well known by this stage.The fact that they get quite large spots at cocnerts and festivals is basically insulting to very musician in metal.
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Mar 22, 2013 12:02 am

Metalwrath wrote:I was refering to the fact that you'd consider a karaoke band a major booking band.
    My thoughts on Van Canto are probably well known by this stage.The fact that they get quite large spots at cocnerts and festivals is basically insulting to very musician in metal.

I'm sure all the musicians that have recorded a song with them are terribly insulted too. :roll: :lol: :lol:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:00 am

X-Thor wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:I was refering to the fact that you'd consider a karaoke band a major booking band.

I'm sure all the musicians that have recorded a song with them are terribly insulted too. :roll: :lol: :lol:

Once again.I couldn't care if they make albums.they can do whatever they want but stealing spots from actual bands for festivals and getting headlining concerts is a joke.It's pretty sad to be honest.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:23 am

Re: Van Canto...I finally got around to youtubing them a bit....and I'm just kinda meh about them - they strike me as pretty much a "novelty" group and not much more - so I get Wrath's point....but, I also get why some people might dig 'em a lot too...so, whatever floats your boat. :beerwink:

Re: the cheap beer discussion (again!! :lol: )...in defense of some us who truly like Miller, Bud, & Pabst - I'll restate that those were the common, most popular beers when I was in college (therefore the first beer I drank in super-size quantities via keg parties) and pretty much everyone I knew drank that - this was LONG before the relatively recent craft beer craze and dare I say - "beer snobbery" in the US (at least in the midwest US). So, I became very accustomed to that taste and rarely drink anything else to this day. The facts that these beers are generally weaker & cheaper than "fancy" beers is an added bonus (especially the former), because I like to drink a lot when I'm out (always have a beer in hand), and if I drank the same quantity of stronger beer - I'd get way too wasted or at least more so. (believe me - this I know from experience!) :roll: :trashdrink: :lol: Ok, enough on that. Just :givebeer:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 3:20 pm

WHAT THE FRAK HAPPENED TO OUR "eventful week in front of us"? :roll:

Yes, even though I love them to bits, Van Canto are a bit of a novelty band. But to me they are a breath of fresh air. Something a bit different to listen to :)

It cant be soaring vocals and blaring guitar solos all the time.

And they are talented musicians in their own right - Stef sings and plays rhythm guitar for Hevatar, Bastian as well as playing drums for Van Canto plays keyboards for In Legend, Ike plays guitar for Paralyst.

They probably view Van Canto as a good way to get a bit of exposure for their other projects, and to help pay the bills.

Should they be crucified upside down because they've found a niche and became a little successful? I don't think so.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2021 Wishlist
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:10 pm

cowboy71 wrote:WHAT THE FRAK HAPPENED TO OUR "eventful week in front of us"? :roll:

Yeah - really. :roll: I think Kevin was right on a fb post he made not long ago - that after a string of no-announcement posts, all communication would cease - completely (for some unknown period of time).

cowboy71 wrote:Yes, even though I love them to bits, Van Canto are a bit of a novelty band. But to me they are a breath of fresh air. Something a bit different to listen to :)

It cant be soaring vocals and blaring guitar solos all the time.

And they are talented musicians in their own right - Stef sings and plays rhythm guitar for Hevatar, Bastian as well as playing drums for Van Canto plays keyboards for In Legend, Ike plays guitar for Paralyst.

They probably view Van Canto as a good way to get a bit of exposure for their other projects, and to help pay the bills.

Should they be crucified upside down because they've found a niche and became a little successful? I don't think so.

I have no problem with what they do, that they've found a niche, and they've got fans - that's :cool: no matter who it is, to me anyway. I'm all for variety and putting new stuff out there - or new twists on old stuff or old twists on new stuff, or whatever. It's all good....even Bieber - he's just another in an extremely long parade of young guys who are clearly marketed to appeal to lots & lots of teen girls (although my girls have never cared for him much, and I agree there have been FAR better examples of teen heartthrob types than him!! :lol: )

Anyway, Dallas - it would be cool if UMC books Van Canto for ya - but, from my perspective - your bird in the hand of seeing your all time favorite band Magnum (sure thing!) at Rockstad Falun has your name written all over it! - plus Sweden is awesome!! Would love to go back myself!!
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Enjoy Your Weekend!

by Andy » Fri Mar 22, 2013 4:56 pm

70000TONS OF METAL, an experience of a lifetime for bands and fans alike! Enjoy your weekend and Cheers!

Thank you Andre Mollestam & Sarah Andersson for the awesome photo.

Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Enjoy Your Weekend!

by Azazel101 » Fri Mar 22, 2013 5:59 pm

So glad I was not holding my breath for a big announcement.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Mar 22, 2013 7:12 pm

Azazel101 wrote:So glad I was not holding my breath for a big announcement.

Anyone actually thought there'd be one?

We already know Andy loves to troll us. :P

And on the Van Canto subject. I really don't get the hate. Sure, they are kind of a "novelty" band. So what? They still make good music. Good covers and very good original material (Hero, The Mission, Betrayed are but a few of them). Sure, they are a weenie band. So what? We just came back from the Barge to Rainbows (featuring 4 or 5 trve brutal bands). They are good nice weenie music [Kevin, you can make your dild joke around here].

--
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:49 pm

I don't hate Van Canto but I don't really care for them, either. It's not just the cheesiness, I'm just not really impressed by their music but to each their own.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Hector
    Oiler

by Hector » Sat Mar 23, 2013 12:12 am

Van Canto? Brrrr.......
    But if they happen to be on the cruise - so what...? This year had over 20 bands which I had the same thoughts..... :lol: Enough space and time to avoid this kind of stuff..... :lol:
    CD-Collection updated - http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/hector
    Winter sucks!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:22 am

Hector wrote:Van Canto? Brrrr.......
    But if they happen to be on the cruise - so what...? This year had over 20 bands which I had the same thoughts..... :lol: Enough space and time to avoid this kind of stuff..... :lol:

That right there? THAT, is the attitude.

As long as I've got 10 bands I love on the cruise, that is 20 sets of good music right there. The rest can be thrash, death, extrem, nu.... I. DONT. CARE.

The elitist "oooh Magnum aren't l33t enough, ooooh van canto aren't trve cvlt enough to be on broad" attitude shits me to tears.

You don't like it? FINE. MOVE ON. LIVE YOUR LIFE. Why do people insist on hating on things? How about, not wasting your time on it and doing something FUN?

That attitude, well it's pretty sad to be honest
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2021 Wishlist
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:54 am

I think so too. :cheers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:59 am

cowboy71 wrote:

As long as I've got 10 bands I love on the cruise, that is 20 sets of good music right there. The rest can be thrash, death, extrem, nu.... I. DONT. CARE.

The elitist "oooh Magnum aren't l33t enough, ooooh van canto aren't trve cvlt enough to be on broad" attitude shits me to tears.

You don't like it? FINE. MOVE ON. LIVE YOUR LIFE. Why do people insist on hating on things? How about, not wasting your time on it and doing something FUN?

Amen brother! :bangers: Image
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Hector
    Oiler

by Hector » Sat Mar 23, 2013 5:34 am

:bangers:
    CD-Collection updated - http://www.musik-sammler.de/sammlung/hector
    Winter sucks!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:16 am

cowboy71 wrote:

This. :bangers:

--
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Mar 23, 2013 2:21 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

Nobody mentioned cult or wahtever you are refering to.When i go to a metal festival i expect to see 'metal' bands play.It seems kind weird why such a simple concept is so obscure to some of the people going on the cruise.then again i could probably name drop all 20 bands that most of you know from power metal or pagan fest tour.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Mar 23, 2013 3:34 pm

Metalwrath wrote:.then again i could probably name drop all 20 bands that most of you know from power metal or pagan fest tour.

8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Mar 24, 2013 3:56 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:When i go to a metal festival i expect to see 'metal' bands play.

Who gets to decide what is 'metal' though?

Andy :cool:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sun Mar 24, 2013 12:26 pm

Metalwrath wrote:When i go to a metal festival i expect to see 'metal' bands play.It seems kind weird why such a simple concept is so obscure to some of the people going on the cruise.

And here I was thinking metal festivals had bands people wanted to see. Like Van Canto. :P

--
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:43 am

X-Thor wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:When i go to a metal festival i expect to see 'metal' bands play.It seems kind weird why such a simple concept is so obscure to some of the people going on the cruise.

And here I was thinking metal festivals had bands people wanted to see. Like Van Canto. :P

It seems everyone is super super picky!!!!!! : )

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Mon Mar 25, 2013 10:28 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

It seems everyone is super super picky!!!!!! : )

im not as long as i get Amon Amarth or Hypocrisy after that fill the boat with whatever i go on the cruise to discover new bands. after the past few cruises i have discovered many bands i really like and more than a few i just cannot stand even slept thru a few sets because the band playing was so boring.
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

What about the bands for 2014?

by Andy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:53 pm

What about the bands? When are we announcing the first bands that will play in January 2014 on 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise?

A great photo from Christian Schlieker!

Stained Class
    Commander

Re: What about the bands for 2014?

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:57 pm

Why is this post?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:57 pm

You cocktease :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:00 pm

Guys, I've figured it out. Andy's just trying to get his post count up. He saw how much fun we had ranking up and now he wants to do it!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:05 pm

Stained Class wrote:Guys, I've figured it out. Andy's just trying to get his post count up. He saw how much fun we had ranking up and now he wants to do it!

Nah, he's just trolling. Otherwise he'd be all over the bacon thread.

--
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:26 pm

As he did nearly everything wrong last year he wants to do everything right this time. but he has no middle between less and too many Annoucements.... :chug:
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:35 pm

Not yet! I'm moving and don't have money to send you. This is the only time I think I've ever NOT wanted announcements.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:10 pm

Stained Class wrote:Guys, I've figured it out. Andy's just trying to get his post count up. He saw how much fun we had ranking up and now he wants to do it!

:beerwink: well played
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 2:49 pm

Only thing is, he is already "THE SKIPPER". Not sure what rank could come after that!! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2021 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:06 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

Only thing is, he is already "THE SKIPPER". Not sure what rank could come after that!! :P

Well I don't know! Maybe when he reaches 666 posts he ranks up to some super rank!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Well I don't know! Maybe when he reaches 666 posts he ranks up to some super rank!

He becomes "The Ship"
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:37 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Well I don't know! Maybe when he reaches 666 posts he ranks up to some super rank!

He becomes "The Ship"

:lol: and then at 6666 posts he becomes The Metal!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
Post Reply 4744 posts