The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: See The Caribbean With LEAVES' EYES

by last_candle » Sat Apr 13, 2013 2:38 am

an obvious choice and kinda good addition

...but I'm still 0 out of 10 bands ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:01 pm

nekrobarr wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:Agree 100%.. I like the mixture, but it's fun to jab the "extreme metal fans" I'm glad that a lot of Barge folks have decided to come back to 70k!! Always fun people.

Now, Rob, your avatar is freaking me out! WHat is it>?

Pretty sure it's his birth video

Instant Canadian - place package in microwave and nuke the dick out of it?

Priceless :lol: :lol: :lol:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:05 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:BTW--for all the people back on the "Give us Death Metal and Extreme Metal" rant again... you had your chance to be on Barge that didnt come close to selling out/

so SHAD AP!!!! :party:

Not that I'm one of those people but I'll speak on their behalf seeing as they've all followed orders and summarily shadded up ;)

Remember, Andy/UMC stated that Barge would in no way represent a decrease in the number of extreme metal bands included in 70K lineups or a reduction in the balanced approach that had been sought in the bookings of the first two cruises. I think that 70K 2013 ended up with a power/folk heavy imbalance in part because of Barge and the fact that many of the available, touring, heavier bands had taken part and weren't likely to do both cruises. But I don't think the argument that Barge's failure to sell out = less extreme bands for future 70K sailings holds any water whatsoever.

Exactly! And being in December and having to choose between Barge and the already established 70K didn't help sales, either.
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:59 pm

Memnoch wrote:Sure, book the girlie bands I DON'T like. Never cared for Liv; she was ok on ToT's Aegis and Musique (or was that the new chick already?). but I've always found her a bit boring. And she's not a (Dutch) redhead. :lol:

It was Liv. I love old ToT (their first 3 albums) but never listened to Leave's Eyes.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:00 pm

Amyphis wrote:
    jodionline wrote:
    Speedy wrote: let's bring Midnattsol on broad as well! :wank:

And Ahab :bangers:

Definitely Ahab!

:wank:
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:45 pm

Saw them once, the male vocalist got his hair tangled in the ceiling of the venue, so he`s ok.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:38 am

alex_canada wrote:Saw them once, the male vocalist got his hair tangled in the ceiling of the venue, so he`s ok.

HAHAHA - yeah had the same issue when I saw them in Brisbane back in 2007:

Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:40 am

X-Thor wrote:Since I only went to 70K 2013 I don't mind repeats from 2011 and 2012, but I understand your point.
    ... my thoughts exactly.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:08 pm

I just realised, that they don't seem to be doing the whole 'while the ship sailed north north east at a speed of 3.14 knots we threw a scouting party overbroad and told them to bring us something good' type of thing with their announcements this year.

This makes me kinda sad for some reason :|
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:36 pm

actually cowboy for the first few announcements of the first few cruises I don't believe they followed that route either. If I recall they gave us a batch of bands then sent out the ship and scouting parties :cheers: :beerhorns: If I recall correctly
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:10 am

DragonLordJones wrote:actually cowboy for the first few announcements of the first few cruises I don't believe they followed that route either. If I recall they gave us a batch of bands then sent out the ship and scouting parties :cheers: :beerhorns: If I recall correctly

Yeah, I think this is correct.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Swallow This Announcement!

by Andy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:54 pm

In 41 weeks you will be sailing the Caribbean onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Wolds Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. And believe me, you will SWALLOW THE SUN, The Caribbean Sun!

How many more Finns will go to the Caribbean next January?

Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: Swallow This Announcement!

by Evican » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:56 pm

Andy wrote:In 41 weeks you will be sailing the Caribbean onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Wolds Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise. And believe me, you will SWALLOW THE SUN, The Caribbean Sun!

How many more Finns will go to the Caribbean next January?

ANOTHER GREAT ANNOUNCEMENT!!

MORE FINNS = MORE BETTER!!
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:57 pm

Could never get into Swallow The Sun.

I feel like Stach last year, probably a good thing I haven't booked yet (though I'm going to and it's pretty much just to see you all!). Only one band so far I really, really like.
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:57 pm

Awesomeeee announcement and a group of really nice guys that appreciate fans :beerbang:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:57 pm

This announcement makes Brian super happy, so while I don't particularly like them it makes me happy too :D I have always loved their logo though!
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-IHSAHN-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:57 pm

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRING ON THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Apr 15, 2013 5:59 pm

Not a band I'm interested in but this should make some people happy so good announcement.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:09 pm

Oh.Hell.Yes.

... now all we need is AMORPHIS!!!
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:24 pm

Daenerys wrote:This announcement makes Brian super happy, so while I don't particularly like them it makes me happy too :D I have always loved their logo though!

I, too, and not a fan... seen 'em 4 times and each time made me like them less
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    rootleaf
    Petty Officer

by rootleaf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:27 pm

Solid, keep them coming.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Impressed at the rate the announcements are coming - longest we've had to wait for a band to be announced has been 5 days since announcements for 2014 began!!

I'm already preparing for the inevitable two month long silence that will come from UMC, probably around July/August :lol:

11 announcements already - how does this compare to previous years? I'm glad you asked!!

2011 – March 3
    2012 – May 31
    2013 – June 28
    2014 - April 16
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:56 pm

Another meh announcement for me. I might watch a set, though.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:17 pm

Listened to a couple songs on youtube...not a fan of the genre. I too am getting concerned that there won't be enough happy folk power metal.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Melusine
    Oiler

by Melusine » Mon Apr 15, 2013 7:27 pm

Well that makes one member of Wintersun on the boat with Kai Hahto, let's hope the rest follow. I am a big fan of Swallow the Sun so either way I am happy with this announcement.
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:03 pm

Definitely stoked to see this band live. I also would be very happy to have Barren Earth on the boat along with them (especially considering their vocalist is the vocalist for Swallow the Sun).
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:15 pm

Not bad! :mrgreen:
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:31 pm

With Swallow the Sun announced that's 25% of Wintersun already on board. It's just economical to get the other 75%
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:04 pm

X-Thor wrote:Another meh announcement for me. I might watch a set, though.

agree!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:38 pm

Finally my boys are going to sail with me! I am so excited.
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:16 pm

This is a really great announcement! :D

Oh, and people, quit bitching about the bands. :mrgreen:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Mon Apr 15, 2013 10:53 pm

Good announcement !
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • HardNHeavy
    Crewman

by HardNHeavy » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:33 pm

Good news, I'll definitely check one or two sets out of them!
    Bloodycanadian
    Petty Officer

by Bloodycanadian » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:38 pm

One of the bits I most enjoy about 70k is the number of bands I have yet to hear of, Swallow the sun is one such band. Even if I decide not to catch them there's still plenty to do during that time so I'm not worried. Now, this idea of getting the rest of Wintersun on board, I support this :beerhorns:
    Now let's go get banjaxxed.
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:07 am

Saw them live once supporting Paradise Lost - but don't remember. Would be good to play at the Spectrum at 1 AM when i'm lying in the Sofa and fall asleep.....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 4:16 am

X-Thor wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:actually cowboy for the first few announcements of the first few cruises I don't believe they followed that route either. If I recall they gave us a batch of bands then sent out the ship and scouting parties :cheers: :beerhorns: If I recall correctly

Yeah, I think this is correct.

Actually sorta correct, sorta incorrect. Did some research and:

2011 - initial couple of announcements and then for band 9 "Before we take off on a world tour to pick up more bands for our line-up we thought we would need some more Finnish Trolls, so please welcome FINNTROLL to the line-up of 70000TONS OF METAL. 9 out of 40 and counting. Now we set sail in the Baltic Sea on our way to pick up the next band. Where may our next port call be...? You shall know soon! Stay tuned!"

2012 - First seven bands announced and as part of that announcement "And as a tradition, we will make our first scheduled port call in Finland. Sailors... prepare your wish-lists!"

2013 - First 10 bands in one announcement, then for band 11: "As a tradition, 70000TONS OF METAL begins it's long journey in the Baltic Sea. Metalheads from around the world: Please welcome TURISAS!"

So, maaaaaaybe, they will stay with tradition, and pickup another Finnish band before setting sail?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:04 am

Pretty ok announcement, better if they play older material.
    They should stay and pick up a few Finns...
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:09 am

nekrobarr wrote:BRING ON THE DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

There will be an eternal night in the Caribbean. Please welcome EVIG NATT on board 70000TONS OF METAL, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:19 am

I prob wont see this band unless there is nothing else to do at the time - which is unlikely but we shall see

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    TheBigJankowski
    Petty Officer

by TheBigJankowski » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:44 am

Love the band, love the announcement. Definitely 1 set, will try for both, depending on conflicts. Definitely a Spectrum Lounge band though.
    2015: Wish List: BloodCeremony, Pallbearer, Funeral, NeObliviscaris, 11thHour, BoltThrower, MDB, SearBliss, LethianDreams, EternalTearsOfSorrow, Jaldaboath, Borknagar, Equalibrium, Insomnium, Manegarm, Scox, Lumsk, CultofLuna, Einherjer, Ex Deo, HoB
Post Reply 4744 posts