Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Let's Get Some More Female Fronted Bands Onbroad!

by Memnoch » Wed May 08, 2013 11:34 pm

mooyagi wrote:Some girlie metal for Memnoch :lol: Probably more coming given the text of the announcement.

:mrgreen: Girlie bands make a happy Chewie! :lol:

Although I have to agree with the wife, we definitely need more brutal bands - and preferably old school death metal. Announce Vomitory and you get the same reaction from me as you'd get announcing ReVamp. On second thought, announce both (at the same time)! I'd be curious to see what would happen. :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu May 09, 2013 12:36 am

Jaimie38 wrote:I 'll be sitting on a lounge chair on the pool deck listening to ALL the bands...

no, you won't - they'll be playing the Spectrum Lounge :P
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu May 09, 2013 12:45 am

Ingrid wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:I don't care how much bitching I'm going to get about my bitching.

This is a metal cruise. Can we have more metal band announcements? Its been back to back flowery shite. Give us a break will ya? :cry:

I totally agree with you!!!!!!

Let's not get some more female fronted bands on board. :bitch:

There's always room for some Arch Enemy.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Die for Dethklok
    Crewman

by Die for Dethklok » Thu May 09, 2013 12:49 am

Why does the drummer remind me of wwe wrestler, Prince Albert Image
    "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever!"
    -Dan Daly USMC at the battle of Belleau Wood, France 1918

Cabin 6517- Who are my cabinmates?
  • Soundchaser
    Petty Officer

by Soundchaser » Thu May 09, 2013 1:53 am

Andy wrote:13 out of 40 and counting... who will be next?

Band no 14 :mrgreen:
    70kt Survivor: 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2020
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 09, 2013 2:43 am

Geez harden the fuck up people. Lets just have a look at the lineup as a whole and not look at the last one or two announcements shall we?

In order, we have had so far (and note that these are not my definitions, they are from last.fm, so if you don't like them go cry in your milk).

DARK TRANQUILLITY - Melodeath
    SOILWORK - Melodeath
    DEATH ANGEL - Thrash
    OVERKILL - Thrash
    SYMPHONY X - Prog
    SEPTICFLESH - Melodeath
    FINNTROLL - Folk
    FEAR FACTORY - Industrial
    DRI - Thrash/Hardcore
    LEAVES EYES - Goth
    SWALLOW THE SUN - Doom
    KAMELOT - Power
    XANDRIA - Goth

Multiple melodeath, multiple thrash, multiple goth.... If anyone had a right to complain about the lineup at the moment, it would be lovers of Folk and Power metal as there is only one from each of those genres.

But, they tend to not bitch and whine and sook as much as others .... :roll: :?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu May 09, 2013 3:03 am

Well, I don't see any death metal on the lineup. And no, melodeath has absolutely nothing to do with death metal.
    Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu May 09, 2013 3:09 am

Memnoch wrote:Well, I don't see any death metal on the lineup. And no, melodeath has absolutely nothing to do with death metal.

Good point - and yes melodeath <> death metal :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu May 09, 2013 4:49 am

vikingbitch wrote:I don't care how much bitching I'm going to get about my bitching.

This is a metal cruise. Can we have more metal band announcements? Its been back to back flowery shite. Give us a break will ya? :cry:

I'm onbroad with you!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu May 09, 2013 5:02 am

If we are getting more girlie bands, please bring ReVamp, Triosphere and Nemesea onbroad!
    Wishlist:
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu May 09, 2013 5:12 am

Memnoch wrote:If we are getting more girlie bands, please bring ReVamp, Triosphere and Nemesea onbroad!

YES!, HELL YEAH!!! and yes. :mrgreen:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu May 09, 2013 5:33 am

Mindcrime wrote:I hadn't heard of Xandria before this announcement. Good time for a nap or trip to the pizza place.

Never heard of them before now, but from what I've seen on Youtube I'm okay with them being onbroad. Could be worse.

cowboy71 wrote:Multiple melodeath, multiple thrash, multiple goth.... If anyone had a right to complain about the lineup at the moment, it would be lovers of Folk and Power metal as there is only one from each of those genres.

I'm sure there will be plenty more folk and power metal announced. Hope so :oops: Soon would be great. :bitch:

Fourteen is my lucky number, let's hope the next announcement is something unique.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Thu May 09, 2013 5:49 am

i saw Xandria last November supporting Kamelot - and it's the same thing that i say about nearly every female fronted Band: the Girl can't sing in Tune, like every Singer i saw on stage except Liv Kristine and Elize Ryd.

example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBffEXXkJy4
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Thu May 09, 2013 6:03 am

You're beginning to bore me... :mrgreen:
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Thu May 09, 2013 6:56 am

I haven't heard this band before. Seems like a poor-man's Therion. If we need female fronted bands, why not something like Arch Enemy...or my friends Luna Mortis. Or at least something that doesn't sound like every other female fronted band...
    Melt-Banana
    It seems we are going to be running at about 30k tons of metal at this rate.
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu May 09, 2013 6:58 am

We're only 13 bands in. Be hopeful.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu May 09, 2013 6:59 am

Chris wrote:I haven't heard this band before. Seems like a poor-man's Therion. If we need female fronted bands, why not something like Arch Enemy...or my friends Luna Mortis. Or at least something that doesn't sound like every other female fronted band...
    Melt-Banana
    It seems we are going to be running at about 30k tons of metal at this rate.

I like Luna Mortis! Saw them on the Edguy tour in 2009 and I was really impressed. Still play their album once in a while.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Thu May 09, 2013 7:14 am

That's really cool. They just recently got back together. My old band used to play with them quite a bit when they called themselves The Ottoman Empire, and they were associated with a group some friends and I started to promote bands in Wisconsin. They're good people, and their music doesn't suck much. I haven't really been in touch with them since I've been building a family though.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu May 09, 2013 7:30 am

lillumsama wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:Saw them back in 2006. Wasn't very impressed...... Now if both of the bands that played after them that night (Anathema and Stream of Passion) would be onbroad I'd be thrilled!

Holy fuck, yes!! I'd die to see Both Anathema and Stream of Passion, I've been in love with them ever since a adversiting teacher lent me a few cds!

So give me Anathema and I don't need nothing else. ;)
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu May 09, 2013 7:36 am

cowboy71 wrote:Geez harden the fuck up people. Lets just have a look at the lineup as a whole and not look at the last one or two announcements shall we?

In order, we have had so far (and note that these are not my definitions, they are from last.fm, so if you don't like them go cry in your milk).

DARK TRANQUILLITY - Melodeath
    SOILWORK - Melodeath
    DEATH ANGEL - Thrash
    OVERKILL - Thrash
    SYMPHONY X - Prog
    SEPTICFLESH - Melodeath
    FINNTROLL - Folk
    FEAR FACTORY - Industrial
    DRI - Thrash/Hardcore
    LEAVES EYES - Goth
    SWALLOW THE SUN - Doom
    KAMELOT - Power
    XANDRIA - Goth

Multiple melodeath, multiple thrash, multiple goth.... If anyone had a right to complain about the lineup at the moment, it would be lovers of Folk and Power metal as there is only one from each of those genres.

Oh, Dallas. You know brvtal fans are so hardcore and extreme that not even the Barge to Financial Disaster had a trve krieg line-up for them. :lol: :lol: Of course such things as "data" (7 our of 15 bands are definitely in the "brvtal" side, only 4 are clearly in the weenie camp), "logic" (a cruise with all genres sells better) or "probability" (out of 40 slots, odds are you'll get at least some weenie bands and some trve ones) are irrelevant. After all, one weenie band is too many. Whereas us in the folk metal crew/team weenie care not if half the line-up is entirely black, death, thrash and doom, as long as we get our dose of violins, unicorns, female singers and hurdy gurdies.

Sooo, can we get some folk metal onbroad? :mrgreen:

:viking:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu May 09, 2013 8:18 am

C'mon Andy, support some Vancouver talent this time around and get Unleash the Archers for one of your female fronted acts :shred:

I don't think a single forumite who's seen them has had a bad thing to say about them :cheers:

Ya could do worse than adding Bison (BC), Black Wizard, Mendozza or Golers while you're at it. And then, of course, there's always that Devin guy :beerwink:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu May 09, 2013 8:21 am

The stupid Barge argument is starting to annoy me. We all know that there were at least three reasons it sold so bad:
    a) the dates in early December were bad and I encourage Andy to do an all folk and power metal cruise at the same time this/next year, so we can all agree that ok, maybe it's not a good time for a cruise
    b) the lineup was bad and had way too many filler or pay-to-play bands; again, if there was a folk/power metal cruise with some unknown (to most fans of the genres) bands, it wouldn't sell
    c) 70k being so close (breaking the family) and having a couple of amazing extreme bands on its lineup (personally for me Immolation beats the whole Barge lineup)

And while I'm already annoyed, let me answer to (Lala's) "the chick can't sing" argument too. That is the way with almost any band, clean or harsh vocals, male or female. And personal taste plays a huge role in that too - I didn't think the Xandria link posted had that bad vocals. I tried to watch Helloween on the boat, but had to leave as the vocals were horrible - granted, I'm not a fan of theirs, but to me they sounded really awful. I think this is more a problem for melodic metal with actual singing than in extreme metal, but a lot of the growlers are really bad live too.
    And even if we consider vocals as an instrument; has anyone ever seen a gig where the guitarists or drummers never made any mistakes?
    Wishlist:
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Thu May 09, 2013 8:34 am

Memnoch wrote:The stupid Barge argument is starting to annoy me. We all know that there were at least three reasons it sold so bad:
    a) the dates in early December were bad and I encourage Andy to do an all folk and power metal cruise at the same time this/next year, so we can all agree that ok, maybe it's not a good time for a cruise
    b) the lineup was bad and had way too many filler or pay-to-play bands; again, if there was a folk/power metal cruise with some unknown (to most fans of the genres) bands, it wouldn't sell
    c) 70k being so close (breaking the family) and having a couple of amazing extreme bands on its lineup (personally for me Immolation beats the whole Barge lineup)

And while I'm already annoyed, let me answer to (Lala's) "the chick can't sing" argument too. That is the way with almost any band, clean or harsh vocals, male or female. And personal taste plays a huge role in that too - I didn't think the Xandria link posted had that bad vocals. I tried to watch Helloween on the boat, but had to leave as the vocals were horrible - granted, I'm not a fan of theirs, but to me they sounded really awful. I think this is more a problem for melodic metal with actual singing than in extreme metal, but a lot of the growlers are really bad live too.
    And even if we consider vocals as an instrument; has anyone ever seen a gig where the guitarists or drummers never made any mistakes?

I agree with this.

Also, I may check out Xandria if I have time - not one of my favs but they are decent -

And - everyone is going to complain no matter who gets announced though. Everyone wants bands they like and we all like different shit which is why there are so many different kinds of bands on broad to make everyone a little happy. I don't want to love every band on broad because then I'd have to miss sets and have no time to eat or do anythign else. So I love that there are announcements of bands I find to be sucky or dislike. For me - If I get 5 bands I really like out of the 40 I'm happy because I know I will discover a new band I'll like and also have some bands to make fun of which can be entertaining : ) BUT - no matter what - people like to complain thats just how it is

I just can't wait for the end of January \m/

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    markku1
    Chief Petty Officer

by markku1 » Thu May 09, 2013 8:54 am

Ville perhaps we should stay the european death metal festivals and forget about 70k cruises
    Nighty
    Crewman

by Nighty » Thu May 09, 2013 8:57 am

I haven't seen Xandria with the new singer. Same with Kamelot. So the last 2 announcements were good for me.

ShoreSlayer wrote:C'mon Andy, support some Vancouver talent this time around and get Unleash the Archers for one of your female fronted acts :shred:

Just...YES
    70k 2013 - Cabin 2526
    70k 2014 - Cabin 4523
    70k 2015 - Cabin 3254
    70k 2016 - Deck 8
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu May 09, 2013 9:07 am

markku1 wrote:Ville perhaps we should stay the european death metal festivals and forget about 70k cruises

Well, with the Awesomevång brothers going, this will be fun even if the bands weren't good. And, yeah, there's bound to be a death metal announcement or two. :beerwink:

But, yeah, after 2014 I will wait for a solid lineup before booking - and might not go even if there were great bands onbroad.
    Wishlist:
    Ingrid
    Petty Officer

by Ingrid » Thu May 09, 2013 9:14 am

Evican wrote:
    Ingrid wrote:

I totally agree with you!!!!!!

Let's not get some more female fronted bands on board. :bitch:

Agreed... Unless they are ReVamp, Epica or Unexpect.

Now make with more Finns and The Dutch!

Well.... I've seen ReVamp once.. and preferably never again.. what a disaster of a failure that is .. :roll: I prefer to see Floor with Nightwish onboard then... :D
    Epica.. small chance since Simone is pregnant and will have a newborn at that moment that probably needs all her attention.
    Unexpect... mwah mwah :P
    www.metal-exposure.com
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu May 09, 2013 9:36 am

Nighty wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:C'mon Andy, support some Vancouver talent this time around and get Unleash the Archers for one of your female fronted acts :shred:

Just...YES

Unleash The Archers would be VERY awesome!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu May 09, 2013 9:38 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    Nighty wrote:

Just...YES

Unleash The Archers would be VERY awesome!

Yeah they put on a good live show, but there is some weird vocal effect that I can't put my finger on. Otherwise, good performances by everyone.

I prefer them live to album, cause I'm not a huge fan of the cheesy voiceovers and I find the drums are mixed a little loud on their recordings. Interesting songs for sure.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu May 09, 2013 9:57 am

Memnoch wrote:The stupid Barge argument is starting to annoy me. We all know that there were at least three reasons it sold so bad:

Bah, you're no fun at all! :P

(also, I thought 70K 2013 was the un-official Barge to Rainbows and Financial Success :cool: )

Seriously, though, I could use more variety onbroad. And when I say more variety I mean more folk, power, death and black. And Trivium. :mrgreen:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu May 09, 2013 10:20 am

I don't think 2013 was such a good financial success compared to the previous 70k cruises. This was the first time they had to resort to gimmicks like pool girls. And, it was noticeably less crowded on the boat than on the first two cruises (talked about this with quite a lot of people on the boat), so I'm not buying the sold out story. There were quite a few cabin categories open only a few days prior to broading, and suddenly, magically they all sold out. So, I think the best financial success was 2012.

Also, returning to the subject of Barge failure, people, give Andy some credit. Do you honestly believe he didn't do market research on the subject? If there would've been any signs pointing towards a weenie cruise selling better than a relatively extreme cruise, he would've jumped on the weenie boat. I honestly think that majority of the weenie metal fans is too young to either have money to do the cruise or believe a cruise would be fun at all (we all have the image of elderly people playing bingo on a boat, don't we). Or, a lot of the weenie metal fans aren't "die-hard fans" - like, say, a lot of the thrash or death fans are.

So, yes, a varied lineup is the only one that will get a boat this big to sell out. And as much as everyone keeps saying us brutal kids complain a lot, other than the thrash folks, there really isn't much to see here. And last year we got a couple of huge announcements (Nile, Immolation) among the first bands. So, quit bitching about bitching. We all want a few of our favourites onbroad and no-one is asking for the entire lineup to be of any one genre.
    Wishlist:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu May 09, 2013 10:37 am

Memnoch wrote: So, quit bitching about bitching.

Quit bitching about us bitching about your bitching. :P

(You do know we only joke about the BTH stuff, right?)

--
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu May 09, 2013 10:41 am

I was really excited with the great first 4, ever since nothing has excited me.
    But it is OK cuz while a lot of people are watching the bands I don't like it makes
    it easier for me to get front stage for the bands I really want to see. Last cruise
    during some of the powermetal bands it was great standing by the pool bar having
    beers with friends.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu May 09, 2013 10:49 am

for me 2014 cruise is all about saying good-bye to the majesty ... I will see shows, I will have a good time . really don't care what bands are on this time. (yes I would like bands I like, but it doesn't matter) :cheers: :beerhorns: :boobs:
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Thu May 09, 2013 11:07 am

The only complaint I have thus far is that Savatage has yet to be announced.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu May 09, 2013 11:15 am

Speedy wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:If we are getting more girlie bands, please bring ReVamp, Triosphere and Nemesea onbroad!

YES!, HELL YEAH!!! and yes. :mrgreen:

FUCK YEAH! REVAMP, TRIOSPHERE, NEMESEA and a band I've never seen live and was very difficult to get their albums on their moment, but a really really good band which is one of my favorites, SYRENS CALL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RF3IxxJd3KE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1aMPkjEqCB4
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu May 09, 2013 11:17 am

For me it is absolutely ok if there will be bands of many different kinds of metal , because I need also time to eat, drink and sleep. And it is nice to see, meet other people. :cheers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu May 09, 2013 11:37 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:
    Memnoch wrote: So, quit bitching about bitching.

(You do know we only joke about the BTH stuff, right?)

that horse has been beaten to death many times over though, and there are quite a few where the joke part is not very obvious...

Well, I sincerely aplogize, then :oops: . I'm only playing devil's advocate.

I do support the addition of more brutal death metal bands, and not just because I enjoy the genre. We all should have some bands we really really like see onbroad, be it black, death, melodeath, thrash, girlie, power, prog, folk or whatnot. It's a metal cruise and we are all part of the 70K family. The lineup should please as many of us as possible.

Now let's all get drunk together and destroy each other's ears at the karaoke. :party:

--
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu May 09, 2013 11:39 am

onenight wrote:The only complaint I have thus far is that Savatage has yet to be announced.

We had Circle II Circle on the first cruise. That's kinda Savatage.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Thu May 09, 2013 11:43 am

X-Thor wrote:Now let's all get drunk together and destroy each other's ears at the karaoke. :party:

Deal!! :beerhorns: :party: :party: :party:
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
Post Reply 4744 posts