Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    VoidTerraFirma
    Oiler

Re: Only Your Dead And Lifeless CARCASS Will Return!

by VoidTerraFirma » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:48 pm

Tomorrow Belongs to Nobody!
    2012 7K Survivor.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:36 am

Stained Class wrote:I think we're still ahead of last year. I'm honestly not expecting another one until like August. Especially with that big last announcement we had.

Definitely well ahead of last year - first announcement was 27 June 2012 :) And there were 14 bands by July 13th.

So, still a month ahead of where we were at for the 2013 cruise :cheers:

2012 cruise we had 14 bands by June 30, 2011.

Currently ahead of the two previous cruises, but the maiden voyage we had a few more (18 bands) on the lineup at this point of the year.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Feb Whitesnake-/-Scorpions May Tyr-/-Arkona Threshold
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:51 am

I'm thinking we might get ONE more announcement between now and voting...

2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:44 am

Krys wrote:I'm thinking we might get ONE more announcement between now and voting...

First year there were no bands added at all in June, second year there was 3, then last year obviously there was the initial run of announcements.

I'm predicting we will probably get 2 bands added to the lineup in the month of June.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:25 pm

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:New Suidakra album is meh, but I've never seen them and they have plenty of good tunes.

I'm enjoying it - I would love to get a chance to see them Live!!!!!

---only if they play "The One Piece Puzzle" ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:08 pm

Holy crap! nuf said back to the pool!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:50 am

Anyone seen Andy or any of the UMC crew doing the rounds of the European festivals?

I'm guessing that is what is up at the moment - Andy hasn't been on the forum in nearly a month so I'm assuming he is in Europe pimping the festival and shoring up the lineup for 2014 :cheers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2021 Wishlist
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jun 18, 2013 2:17 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Anyone seen Andy or any of the UMC crew doing the rounds of the European festivals?

I'm guessing that is what is up at the moment - Andy hasn't been on the forum in nearly a month so I'm assuming he is in Europe pimping the festival and shoring up the lineup for 2014 :cheers:

yeah I'm anxiously awaiting a new announcement! I'm sure I'm not alone in this, though we've ALLLL come to expect spurts of activity, then nothing for a long time. Andy loves torturing us. :twisted:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Jun 19, 2013 5:29 am

WizardBeast wrote:yeah I'm anxiously awaiting a new announcement! I'm sure I'm not alone in this, though we've ALLLL come to expect spurts of activity, then nothing for a long time. Andy loves torturing us. :twisted:

I hope I'm not the only one laughing to myself at "spurts"... :D

Also, I agree it's high time for an announcement. Appease the mob!!!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:36 am

nekrobarr wrote:
    WizardBeast wrote:yeah I'm anxiously awaiting a new announcement! I'm sure I'm not alone in this, though we've ALLLL come to expect spurts of activity, then nothing for a long time. Andy loves torturing us. :twisted:

Yeah. An announcement is over due.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:40 am

nekrobarr wrote:

SCHWING! :wank:
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:41 am

Azazel101 wrote:
    nekrobarr wrote:

Yeah. An announcement is over due.

Sure is.

2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    VoidTerraFirma
    Oiler

by VoidTerraFirma » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:32 pm

SkeletonWitch is a must.

Coroner would be a welcome return.

BloodBath
    Witchery
    ya know...some death/thrashy stuff

Get some good, non-frilledshirt poppy doom like...

Witchcraft
    ASG
    Kyng
    Uncle Acid

...and get some heavy Prog

Anciients
    Anciients
    and
    Anciients!
    Last edited by VoidTerraFirma on Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2012 7K Survivor.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:37 pm

Azazel101 wrote:Yeah. An announcement is over due.

Only been a month gang - still got a loooooong time to go before we hit the record gap of 60 days between band announcements, which we had last year in August/September.

I am hoping we dont have a repeat of that, but I am soooooo less concerned about that sort of thing this year. After going through this process for the last three years, I've finally come to accept that Andy marches to the blastbeat of his own drum and no amount of bitching from me is gonna change that :P :roll: :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2021 Wishlist
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Jun 19, 2013 10:52 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: yes we would all like an announcement , but from four tours of duty , we know when the time comes we will get an announcement ............... or we will wait a little longer . ha ha

WHERE THE HELL IS OUR NEXT ANNOUNCEMENT ???????? :cheers: :beerhorns:
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:45 am

DragonLordJones wrote:WHERE THE HELL IS OUR NEXT ANNOUNCEMENT ???????? :cheers: :beerhorns:

Soon! :lol:
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Melisandre
    Oiler

by Melisandre » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:16 am

"Soon" isn't soon enough... I want an announcement!
    AHAB / Primordial / Prong / Shape of Despair
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:26 am

Melisandre wrote:"Soon" isn't soon enough... I want an announcement!

Dantos wrote:Why don't you just get your "lord of light" to make an announcement??
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:57 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Dantos wrote:Why don't you just get your "lord of light" to make an announcement??

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:50 am

X-Thor wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xogoo9Y26bo
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:58 pm

VoidTerraFirma wrote:SkeletonWitch is a must.

Coroner would be a welcome return.

BloodBath
    Witchery
    ya know...some death/thrashy stuff

Get some good, non-frilledshirt poppy doom like...

Witchcraft
    Uncle Acid

I'm all for Skeletonwitch, Bloodbath, Witchery, and Uncle Acid. Throw in some Year of the Goat and Graveyard too while we're at it!
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:53 pm

When researching flight prices just now, I realised that it is exactly 7 months until we fly out from Australia for Round Four!!!!

Also - 217 days to go and (maybe) 27 bands to announce equates to a band every 8 days from this point on.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2021 Wishlist
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:25 pm

Please update.
    Without news my desire to post here falls to zero. I wonder how a forum exists with when such a lapse in feed can exist.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:38 pm

Chris wrote:Please update.
    Without news my desire to post here falls to zero. I wonder how a forum exists with when such a lapse in feed can exist.

Oh in previous years we used to fill in the long gaps between announcements with heaps of bitching about the lack of announcements :bitch:

:D

But then we soon came to realise that no amount of bitching would lead UMC to change their ways so now we just wait. And wait. And wait.

And yeah - I think we have lost more than a few forum members down through the years because they either got sick of the lack of announcements, or they got sick of all the bitching about the lack of announcements! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2021 Wishlist
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Jun 25, 2013 5:56 am

cowboy71 wrote:Oh in previous years we used to fill in the long gaps between announcements with heaps of bitching about the lack of announcements :bitch:

:D

But then we soon came to realise that no amount of bitching would lead UMC to change their ways so now we just wait. And wait. And wait.

And yeah - I think we have lost more than a few forum members down through the years because they either got sick of the lack of announcements, or they got sick of all the bitching about the lack of announcements! :P

All this resume the whole thing pretty well
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    Die for Dethklok
    Crewman

by Die for Dethklok » Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:55 pm

the Carcass announcement is getting old
    "Come on, you sons of bitches, do you want to live forever!"
    -Dan Daly USMC at the battle of Belleau Wood, France 1918

Cabin 6517- Who are my cabinmates?
    Empire
    Crewman

by Empire » Wed Jun 26, 2013 1:22 am

One Year ago (6/26/12) we had only 10 Bands announced. Now we have 14 Bands already.
    So, why bitching?
    :lol:
    2011: missed, 2012 - 2019: survived 2020: SOON
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:40 am

Empire wrote:One Year ago (6/26/12) we had only 10 Bands announced. Now we have 14 Bands already.
    So, why bitching?
    :lol:

Because it's the internet!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):

Wishlist (Repeats):
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:36 pm

This has now became the third longest gap between band announcements in 70k history.

Only being beaten at this stage by:

26 JULY 2012 - FLOTSAM & JETSAM
    to
    26 SEPTEMBER 2012 - HELLOWEEN, KREATOR, GOTTHARD

and

16 OCT 2011 - CHILDREN OF BODOM
    to
    07 DEC 2011 - PRETTY MAIDS
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2021 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:15 pm

Really? It actually hasn't felt like that long.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:39 pm

Stained Class wrote:Really? It actually hasn't felt like that long.

My thoughts exactly!!!

I guess we are all just used to Andy's douchebaggery by now :lol: :roll: :P

And interestingly, it was on this day last year that the first group of bands were announced.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2021 Wishlist
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 4:57 pm

cowboy71 wrote:This has now became the third longest gap between band announcements in 70k history.

to

That one was pretty brutal... And I think I booked my cruise right in the middle of the drought. :shock:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jun 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Wow. The time really has gone by pretty quickly.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Jun 26, 2013 7:07 pm

mooyagi wrote:Wow. The time really has gone by pretty quickly.

Stop that! You'll encourage Andy to announce all the bands the day we set sail!

--
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:23 pm

cowboy71 wrote:This has now became the third longest gap between band announcements in 70k history.

to

and

16 OCT 2011 - CHILDREN OF BODOM
    to
    07 DEC 2011 - PRETTY MAIDS

Pretty sure the Barge to Hell had about two equally long gaps...and yes, the Barge does count!
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:35 pm

C'mon Andy, where's our announcement?? :whisky:
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:37 pm

cowboy71 wrote:When researching flight prices just now, I realised that it is exactly 7 months until we fly out from Australia for Round Four!!!!

Also - 217 days to go and (maybe) 27 bands to announce equates to a band every 8 days from this point on.

Speaking of flight prices... I haven't been able to find any that are decently priced. What is your history in booking flights to Miami? When do you normally purchase them?

I should have enough points for a one-way flight to LAX in October once I return from my six week holiday, but I'm unsure as what the prices for flights will look like come mid October.
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 11:02 pm

Evican wrote:Speaking of flight prices... I haven't been able to find any that are decently priced. What is your history in booking flights to Miami? When do you normally purchase them?

I should have enough points for a one-way flight to LAX in October once I return from my six week holiday, but I'm unsure as what the prices for flights will look like come mid October.

I've found in previous years that flights to Miami in January are cheapest around October/November.

It's soooo hard to hold off booking and wait that long but it saves a heck of a lot of $$$$ !!!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2021 Wishlist
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:56 am

cowboy71 wrote:Also - 217 days to go and (maybe) 27 bands to announce equates to a band every 8 days from this point on.

UMC Equation says:
    an announcement each month for 7 bands,
    then January 23 - 4 bands,
    Jan 24 - 4 bands,
    Jan 25 - 4 bands,
    Jan 26 - 4 bands,
    Jan 27 - 4 bands
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 7:41 am

Some on just pm me when there is an announcement, so tired of checking in to see nothing.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
Post Reply 4744 posts