Post Reply 4708 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Our 5th Destination Candidate: COSTA MAYA, Mexico

by Metaladdict187 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:40 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:Haven't looked into this whatsoever, but I'm automatically wary of mainland Mexico...

Why?

Cartels, beheadings....that kinda thing
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:51 pm

Open bar? :shock: http://www.costamaya-mexico.com/tours/mexico/jungle_beach

Edit: Looks like a couple of excursions offer free food and booze. Need to take a shuttle out to the spots as they're not by the port but certainly are options.
    Last edited by mooyagi on Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:52 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:Haven't looked into this whatsoever, but I'm automatically wary of mainland Mexico...

Why?

Erm....... I lived there (mainland Mexico) 23 years and go at least once a year and have yet to witness any of that. It's not like you walk around with gunshots and beheadings going on all around you.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:06 pm

Cartels, beheadings....that kinda thing[/quote]
    Erm....... I lived there (mainland Mexico) 23 years and go at least once a year and have yet to witness any of that. It's not like you walk around with gunshots and beheadings going on all around you.[/quote]

True, i am sure it is nit that bad, but i have heard a lot of stories. No offensedude
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:18 pm

Looks like a winner ,a 4 hour tour to the Mayan Ruins and the port area has a bar with some saltwater swimming pools.This or Turks would be fine but since I been to Turks voting for something new.This would be our longest trip in miles and the Majesty will be at full cruising speed but weather will be good hopefully.If Freeport wins I Will need a recount immediately :bitch:
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:22 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:

Why?

I heard gun possession is permitted in the US. I'll probably get shot in the head a soon as I get in Miami, I heard stories in the news. :roll: Come on people, google the destination (and most areas in the country) a bit, it's SAFE.
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:46 pm

US Department of State has not issued any Travel Warning to Quintana Roo (the state where Costa Maya or Cozumel are)

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/tw/tw_6033.html

Quintana Roo: Cancun, Cozumel, Playa del Carmen, Riviera Maya and Tulum are major cities/travel destinations in Quintana Roo - see attached map to identify their exact locations: No advisory is in effect.

This is because drug violence is almost non-existent in the Yucatán peninsula.

Costa Maya seems like a good option. Right now it's paired with Grand Turk. I'll decide over the weekend.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Metal1529
    Oiler

by Metal1529 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:20 pm

Costa Maya sounds fantastic! Four hour tour to see local culture and history, Mayan ruins, and then back for a couple of hours of drinking on the beach.

I'll take seeing local culture any day over being trapped in some overpriced American tourist trap like most Royal Carribean islands. I can drink Budweisers and buy American tourist junk any day, I'd rather learn about local history and see really cool ruins!
    Survivor:
    70K 2013 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578
    70K 2014 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578

Wish list: Rhapsody of Fire, LT's Rhapsody, Heidevolk, In Extremo, Dragonforce, Seventh Wonder, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Destination 5 is close to where we are going for a rest after the cruise, Cockburn town for us! :metalguy:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:52 pm

I think I'll vote this one because it's new and it's right next to the beach like Turks was. Lots to do it seems too
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Oct 04, 2013 10:55 pm

this 5th choice may swing my vote ... have to look into ................................ do they have turtle there? two hours to get to the Mayan ruins and back may not sit well with me plus the time to tour them . and we are docked what roughly 6 to 8 hours? really have to think about this :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:00 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:this 5th choice may swing my vote ... have to look into ................................ do they have turtle there? two hours to get to the Mayan ruins and back may not sit well with me plus the time to tour them . and we are docked what roughly 6 to 8 hours? really have to think about this :cheers: :beerhorns:

to eat or to look at? There was a snorkelling expedition with turtles not far from Tulum that I did year 1 that was cool. As far as I know the only place it's legal to eat turtle is Cayman Islands because they have a farm there (it was delicious).
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:22 pm

Stained Class wrote:to eat or to look at? There was a snorkelling expedition with turtles not far from Tulum that I did year 1 that was cool. As far as I know the only place it's legal to eat turtle is Cayman Islands because they have a farm there (it was delicious).

damn and we're not going there .... Andy give us one more choice to Cayman Islands ..... I want turtle damn it :lol: :lol: :lol: :cheers: :beerhorns:
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:09 am

I just checked on internet and all I can say, Costa Maya is my best favourite destination until now as they have some trams that take passengers from the ships to the port, very useful for disabled people :mrgreen: If there aren't too many difficulties, I would be very interested to visit the ruins, without to climb up the pyramid, of course :lol: If we are going there, I will definitely go out of the ship :headbanger:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:41 am

Looks like there's no other ships on 29.01. so far, which is also a plus.
    http://ports.cruisett.com/schedule/Mexi ... uary_2014/
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:03 am

There's a Voyager-class ship docked at the southwestern side in Google's image of the pier in Costa Maya, so you can get a pretty good view of the pooldeck of one of the potential replacements for Majesty.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Ripley
    Crewman

by Ripley » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:17 am

Nice, Nice,

so I guess there will be a competition between Costa Maya and Cockburn. I for myself would like to know how much time there will be at Costa Maya, cause it seems a pretty long way for our "old lady Majesty". If we have less time than in Cockburn Town, I would definitely choose Cockburn, also considering the flair, it looks more carribean to me. It will be interesting to see who will win this race.
    Meanwhile its good to be involved in some planning process after such a long drought.

Enjoy the weekend everybody

cheers :heavydrink:
    I space no one can hear you scream

Wishlist for 70000 tons 2014: Dark Fortress, Satyricon, Marduk, Dimmu Borgir, Cripper, God Seed, Skeletonwitch, Necrophobic, Belphegor, Skalmöld, Endstille, Cannibal Corpse, Cattle Decapitation, King Diamond
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:34 am

Trythfully, i dont care. However, i wanna make the wife happy. She really wants to see Cockburn.9.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:42 am

Metaladdict187 wrote: i wanna make the wife happy. She really wants to see Cockburn.

Hehehehehehehe

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:33 am

Ok, time for a band Announcement !!!!
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:07 pm

Azazel101 wrote:Ok, time for a band Announcement !!!!

Let's not get greedy now! It's not like it's been over four months since the last band announcement... :lol: :roll:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:17 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Metaladdict187 wrote: i wanna make the wife happy. She really wants to see Cockburn.

Hehehehehehehe

I know how that sounds............
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 10:52 am

Went to Cockburn last year, there is absolutely nothing there!
    I'm voting for Nassau. There is a really cool speed boat trip to the Exumas Islands.
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Oct 06, 2013 11:33 am

I'm leaning towards Costa Maya
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:25 pm

KDibildeaux wrote:I'm leaning towards Costa Maya

Stand up straight, better for your spine
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Oct 06, 2013 12:43 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:I'm leaning towards Costa Maya

Stand up straight, better for your spine

Maybe time for a chiropractor
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    xhead
    Crewman

by xhead » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:35 pm

Been twice close to there. Love Mexico, but if I consider all pics from google earth, the shore close to cruise port is more than rocky, almost no white sandy beach. No comparison to turks! So the vote is cockburn! Or will someone convince me for Nassau/Freeport? if yes - Why?
    2nd Cruise
    Deck2
    Arrival: ???
    Hotel ???
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:58 pm

I've been to Nassau privately, and think that it sucks. Total tourist trap. If we go there, I'm gonna get alot of sleep that day since I'll be staying on the boat.
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:35 am

someone of the vets can you write down a little impression of every destination based on his/her own experience on every single destination?

Cockburn is very crowdy cause of 2 ships more on this day? seems like that this is a big disadvantage.

Need some good facts to make a decision. in this moment i would go for nassau i think.
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:53 am

I think I'll vote for Costa Maya. Apparently Nassau is a total dump (according to Barge-goers). Cozumel wasn't nice on the first cruise. Turks was great, but this time round we wouldn't be the only ship there and I'd rather have a new destination anyhow. Freeport is north of Miami, so it might not be that warm.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Oct 07, 2013 5:37 am

dinki wrote:someone of the vets can you write down a little impression of every destination based on his/her own experience on every single destination?

Cockburn is very crowdy cause of 2 ships more on this day? seems like that this is a big disadvantage.

Need some good facts to make a decision. in this moment i would go for nassau i think.

Cozumel - Kinda dumpy with annoying vendors but the port area was fun

Georgetown - Decent but taking a tender was obnoxious. Not an option for this upcoming cruise.

Nassau - Shithole with extremely aggressive vendors. Stay away.

Cockburn - The best of the places we've visited. Clean with a nice beach area right off the ship but should be more crowded this time.

Can't speak to any of the excursions at these destinations since I didn't go on one.

Have not been to Freeport or Costa Maya. I think I'll be voting for Costa Maya.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:15 am

I will vote for Costa Maya.

I was very deceived about Nassau even if I have had no problem with the vendors. But I have rent a motorbike with my wife to go around the island, when we are arrived at the south west we have been arrested by a woman in a jeep and she told us where we wanted to go, I told us that to go around the island. She told us that she will stay here until we will turn back because when we wanted to go is a very dangerous place and pêople could kill us to get our money and our motorbike.

Cockburn was great but not 2 times in 1 year (january 2013 and january 2014) I would like to change and never gone to Mexico.

Hope that for the cruise 2015, the ship will go to Jamaica.
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Mon Oct 07, 2013 10:43 am

I am really torn on this one. I'd like to go to Costa Maya for something different, but what I've read about it doesn't sound that great. It appears that it was designed specifically for tourists and that the beach is too rocky to swim at (I think someone else mentioned this).

http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=150

I may be voting for Turks again because it was just so beautiful, and truthfully every year I've just wanted to sit on my ass on the beach on our port days :beerwink:

Edit: Apparently Mahahual is a $5 cab ride away and has a pretty white sand beach, so that may be worthwhile.
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:07 am

Daenerys wrote:I am really torn on this one. I'd like to go to Costa Maya for something different, but what I've read about it doesn't sound that great. It appears that it was designed specifically for tourists and that the beach is too rocky to swim at (I think someone else mentioned this).

http://www.cruisecritic.com/ports/newport.cfm?ID=150

I may be voting for Turks again because it was just so beautiful, and truthfully every year I've just wanted to sit on my ass on the beach on our port days :beerwink:

Edit: Apparently Mahahual is a $5 cab ride away and has a pretty white sand beach, so that may be worthwhile.

Yeah, if we end up going to Costa Maya, I think the taxi to Mahahual is a great idea.

--
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:16 am

each cruise I basically got off the ship, took a short walk, turned around and got back on the ship ... except the Cayman Islands where the shuttle boats had such long lines to wait in each time we tried to go to shore we just stayed on the boat, ate, drank, and slept.
    Got a feeling no matter where we port this will happen again ............ so please let's get a band announcement as this would be more exciting to me, even if I don't care for the band :lol: :lol: :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Mon Oct 07, 2013 11:43 am

... you guys saved the best for last. Costa Maya has my vote.
    "So sing, seaman, join my hymn of
    Blood and oil
    Sing her out, sing of our return to
    Rotten soil..."
    - AHAB
    xhead
    Crewman

by xhead » Mon Oct 07, 2013 12:14 pm

Wow... if I consider Maya Chan Beach... sounds like a Hotel close to the Port. They pick up you at the port, take you to their hotel / beach and you have drinks / food / beach chairs and bla bla all day long. the comments at tripadvisor are awesome..."they bring you your drinks in the water" :givebeer: YES... I have to rethink! :bangers:
    2nd Cruise
    Deck2
    Arrival: ???
    Hotel ???
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Oct 07, 2013 4:24 pm

Ok does not matter to me, I can stay on boat and relax and drink if its anything other than Cockburn. :D
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:03 pm

Where is our email??
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Mon Oct 07, 2013 6:03 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Ok does not matter to me, I can stay on boat and relax and drink if its anything other than Cockburn. :D

I like the way you think.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Post Reply 4708 posts