Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

by meshuggah » Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:51 pm

mindgrind wrote:I can believe that, but when the manager called about booking Genitorturers they said all band spots where booked , so now we only have to wait for the skipper to type them in soon.....ya I'm sad jon won't get on a ship, I was told they have been asked every year from Jerry :cry:

Now there's a great idea...and they can bring Morbid Angel along for the ride! Great mix: :deathmetal: :boobs:
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:07 pm

well dave is not in Genitorturers anymore, it would have been a show with the original band members, I seen the show in ST.petersburg last sat. very cool to see that band do oldschool , that alone was worth the flight down there :shred:
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:00 pm

How about ornaments on a christmas tree???

There WERE multiple bands announced at one time for 2012!!!!0
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:02 pm

:boobs:

sorry i like tits
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Dec 05, 2013 9:05 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote::boobs:

sorry i like tits

Don't be sorry. What's there not to like?
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:11 pm

I think it is time for a band to record a live album from the cruise
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:19 pm

Azazel101 wrote:I think it is time for a band to record a live album from the cruise

Didn't Rage do that last year?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:21 pm

Yes but that was only a couple of songs on a bonus disc
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:44 pm

I did not know they had did that but a "Live in the Carbian" or "Live at Sea" would be so cool
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 8:56 pm

There will be an official 70K one. It takes time though apparently:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1304&p=47417&hilit=live+dvd#p47937

:)

Seriously though, I imagine something like this would be a logistical nightmare. Sorting out copyright due to having to deal with a myriad of different record labels' artists and such.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:37 pm

I am sure it will be out Soon.
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:02 pm

What UMC should do is give out a compilation cd of 2-3 songs from every band.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 5:24 pm

onenight wrote:What UMC should do is give out a compilation cd of 2-3 songs from every band.

I've always wondered why they've never done any kind of 'sampler' bag or something that many festivals (and in particular, other music cruises) do.

I mean, they have sponsors like Metal Hammer, Ardschok and Scream. A plastic bag with previous issues of magazines, stickers, lanyards, sampler cds, etc would be an excellent marketing opportunity and really would cost very little.
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 7:19 pm

Yeah a mag with a bio of all the bands and a sampler disc
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:22 pm

Well us 4/5 timers are considered Gold Members and were promised a gift of some kind this cruise ... so maybe we will be getting a swag bag of some sort (something we should of been getting from the beginning IMHO) ..... still wonder what we will receive ??? :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:07 pm

Their should be special surprises just for booking, with not having half the bands announced still.
    :|
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 10:51 pm

Chris wrote:Their should be special surprises just for booking, with not having half the bands announced still.
    :|

Finding out the rest of the bands will be our special surprise :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Dec 08, 2013 3:28 am

I bet we get some Xmas balls band anouncement soon! Yeah?
    Hope so!

SO I made one, because I'm so damn impatient already! haha

Merry Xxxmas!

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:27 am

If that should happen, that we have Anathema on board, then you get a beer from me when I meet you. :bangers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:47 am

That would work for me
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:21 am

DragonLordJones wrote:Well us 4/5 timers are considered Gold Members and were promised a gift of some kind this cruise ... so maybe we will be getting a swag bag of some sort (something we should of been getting from the beginning IMHO) ..... still wonder what we will receive ??? :cheers: :beerhorns:

Probably the same coupon book you get when you join the Royal Caribbean Crown & Anchor Society :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:04 pm

:lol:

Calling it right now - no announcement today. Has not been a Sunday band announcement for 2014 yet (and only happened twice for all of 70k 2013) and I don't see that changing.

Last two announcements have happened on Monday though so hoping for a three-peat tomorrow!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:59 pm

Twitter update from Overkill about an hour ago:

Next gig is the @70000tons cruise festival in January 2014! This will be killer! #thrash

:shred:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:09 pm

I feel so bad saying this, but I'm really glad I didn't blind-book this year after saying last year that I was never going to miss one of these things :| :|
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:30 pm

I'm getting hungry for a major Monday announcement! Yes yes yes.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:33 pm

viathyn wrote:I'm getting hungry for a major Monday announcement! Yes yes yes.

We are owed something big. Something that brings the men from 6 to midnight and the ladies from desert to lake.
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:34 pm

Hoping all too much for it to happen.
    Plus, he weather here is colder than I care for. Sweden seems like a warm place to vacation right now.
    Can't wait.
    :death:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:37 pm

mfrap wrote:We are owed something big. Something that brings the men from 6 to midnight and the ladies from desert to lake.

I would be happy with anything! Also, new band name

MIDNIGHT LAKE. THE MOST AROUSED LANDSCAPE.

Please check out my band

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:42 pm

Ecliptica wrote:I feel so bad saying this, but I'm really glad I didn't blind-book this year after saying last year that I was never going to miss one of these things :| :|

I hear ya.

I cannot really convey in words how big 2015 would have to be in order for me to book. I'm talking a combination of a lineup with all of Van Canto, Within Temptation, Pythia, Magnum, Gloryhammer, etc etc
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:51 pm

We've had 5 Monday announcements so far for 2014. Rough times (Vancouver time) have been 2 around midday, 2 around 5pm and 1 around 6pm.

So maybe we'll hear something in 2-3 hours time? *crosses fingers*
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:06 pm

Are the announcements that big of a part of the cruise for some of you, or is the line up just seem that bad so far?
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:11 pm

Curiosity more than anything, for me!
    I don't go to this for the bands per se, but it's still good to know what you're getting into before you get there, you know?

Please check out my band

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:23 pm

Chris wrote:Are the announcements that big of a part of the cruise for some of you, or is the line up just seem that bad so far?

For me, yeah the lineup is bad. Compared to previous cruises that is! Its still good! But comparing to previous cruises, early December (remembering this is purely my personal opinion!)

2011 - 12 killer bands I would see twice, 6 of which I'd never seen live
    2012 - 10, again 6 I'd never seen before
    2013 - 9, only 2 I'd never seen previously though

2014 - I would only say 3 bands fit into that category for me - Leaves Eyes, Xandria and Dark Tranquillity. And DT and LE I've seen previously. There are others on the lineup that I think are quite good (Symph X, Septicflesh, soilwork, etc) but there are literally dozens of bands above them on my bucketlist.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:25 pm

Chris wrote:Are the announcements that big of a part of the cruise for some of you,

Absolutely yes.

Chris wrote:or is the line up just seem that bad so far?

That's more personal but so far only like 5 bands are really a must see for me.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Dec 09, 2013 4:38 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Chris wrote:Are the announcements that big of a part of the cruise for some of you,

Absolutely yes.

That's only because it's your first cruise (look at me, talking like a veteran!!! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: ).

Come for the bands, stay for the people. :bangers:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:37 pm

My wife and I booked pretty early. It was based mostly on the Finntroll announcement and Korpiklaani's post on fb about the cruise, causing me to assume they would be on here. It was hard, because it was making a risk with what little had been announced at that time, but we did it. So I try not to let the lack of announcements bother me too much, because it is a cruise with metal bands I paid for, not announcements about it. I don't think anyone thought it would take this long to have them announced so it is a bit off putting, but I am sure it'll all pan out though.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Dec 09, 2013 6:25 pm

I booked the day the cruise went on sale for all 5 cruises. In 2015 I won't book until 30 bands are confirmed, so last minute if there are any cabins left :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:16 pm

Ha. Might have to be waiting at the port for that next year.
    To take it a step further they might just announce nothing, have all the bands show up in black hooded robes, and just leave you to guess at what band is setting up in front of you before their set.
    SwallowYourSun
    Crewman

by SwallowYourSun » Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:25 am

I know UMC says DONT WORRY THERE WILL BE A CRUISE...... i have to say. im getting worried that im being lead onto a let down.... the counter is off, we are less than 7 weeks till we set sail.... less than half of the bands announced.... NO real communication.... NOT sold out..... here here to our hopes! :cheers: see you all in south beach! come hell or a cruise!
    2018 wishlist:
    Finntroll, Wintersun, Wolfheart, In mourning , Interbeing, Aether Realm , Ne OBLIVISCARIUS , Eternal tears of sorrow, Dark Tranquillity, Swallow the sun, Thurisaz, Anathema, Devin Townsend Project, Shade Empire
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:04 am

SwallowYourSun wrote:I know UMC says DONT WORRY THERE WILL BE A CRUISE...... i have to say. im getting worried that im being lead onto a let down.... the counter is off, we are less than 7 weeks till we set sail.... less than half of the bands announced.... NO real communication.... NOT sold out..... here here to our hopes! :cheers: see you all in south beach! come hell or a cruise!

Still 48 days before we are sailing. Roughly every two days a band should be announced. This is possible, :mrgreen: don´t worry. :shred: :shred: :shred:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
Post Reply 4744 posts