Post Reply 4708 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    bernabeit
    Petty Officer

Re: Online Check-In Is Now Open!

by bernabeit » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:09 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:
    So that leaves: Hypocrisy, Wintersun, Blind Guardian, and Kalmah.

Any chance of one of those in the final 9 or 10?

I would bet for wintersun... and MAYBE blind guardian.

Wintersun - Possible however they are recording Time II so maybe not
    Hypocrisy - Unlikely but they do owe us!!! Plus they finished a tour in December and have nothing else planned.
    Blind Guardian - Unlikely just because they are a big band and there is no time left, maybe a well kept secret???
    Kalmah - Possible, finished a tour 31/12 and nothing else planned at present

Just my gut feel though...........but announce Revamp damn it!!!!
    Wishlist: Hypocrisy Be’lakor Necrot Borknagar Blood Red Throne Earth Rot Decapitated Gatecreeper Jungle Rot Sylosis Wolfheart Within Temptation Wintersun Battelore
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:42 pm

how about (Zombiefication) Mexico’s leading Death Metal band, is due to attack Europe with its crushing music, a mix of classic aggression and emotions. Supported by its label, Chaos Records, Zombiefication is intent on spreading the plague far and wide, to return the favour done by the Swedish Death Metal bands in the previous decades. Zombiefication has released two massive and critically-acclaimed albums ‘Midnight Stench’ and ‘Reaper’s Consecration’ EP through Chaos Music. :death: It must be known that Zombiefication has the composer of Majestic Downfall, which is primarily a Death/Doom Metal band from Mexico specializing in creating emotive melodies. It’s an important aspect of music over here since Jacobo Cordova is playing old school Death Metal and you don’t want it to be just another redundant clone. To play in this style of Death Metal is evidently a trend, with bands adding little to it other than just rehashing the Swedeath sound, at the most adding some brutality or studio darkness to it. Wary of the same, yet confident of the guitarist’s prowess, Zombiefication dispels all doubts and proves to be a worthy contender of being one of the best bands in this so-called wave of Swedish Death Metal (sic).

As mentioned, Zombiefication is from Mexico but the sounds are rooted in the Scandinavian scene. The most valid comparison I could make is Desultory circa ‘Into Eternity’. It’s basically Entombed with melodies similar to Edge of Sanity, the thrashiness and heaviness intact. That’s a damn fine sound to emulate and Zombiefication do it with panache. Moreover, it brings its own stream of melodies that we’re accustomed to hearing from the band’s original avatar, however in a different format. Cenotaph and The Chasm paved the way for Mexican Death Metal back in the day and Zombiefication is taking it forward like no other. Indeed it’s derivative, which is the only drawback apart from the music sounding too punchy rather than contemplative, which it can very well be, plumbing depths not reached by any such band in recent times. What it’s doing however is pretty remarkable, shredding and rumbling like the modern bands like say Entrails or Blood Mortized, but keeping the melodic strains replenished throughout.

It’s the best kind of music you can expect really, without doubt, if you’re a fan of this style of vigorous Death Metal of the old kind. It’s nothing repulsive or stomach-churning, nothing dark or synthetic, which is a relief, because this sounds genuine at the same time contemporary. It’s very good for what it’s doing, although not carving a sound or path of its own, even though it comes close with its mingling of Unanimated or Necrophobic-esque thrashing with punchy Death Metal power. But the melodies are the only thing that keeps the band a notch above, since none of the newer bands have the chops to come up with sublime melodies as Zombiefication and if it could focus on writing moodier and elaborate songs like say Deathevokation, the band would truly be a force to be reckoned with, all over again. It’ll be like the ’90s with the essence intact yet relevant with the inevitable flourishes of modern bands but palpable sensitivity.

This is the strongest music in this style that you can expect really. Moreover, it’s not shallow or faceless. It’s doing something remarkable, showcasing a plethora of riffs with timeless appeal but more importantly divine melodies that are only capable of touching the heart. Amazing band and clearly one Death Metal fans of all age groups should look into, the old ones for well-meaning nostalgia and the new ones for a bridge between what made Death metal special in the first place and how to enjoy it, like they are used to doing nowadays.
    2024 - Deck mold 2
    2023 - Deck 10 cheap room 4 walls no window
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:44 pm

they can just hop on the ship at the Costa Maya stop ;)
    2024 - Deck mold 2
    2023 - Deck 10 cheap room 4 walls no window
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:48 pm

Spanish band?

SAUROM!!!

Mexican band?

War Kabinett!!!
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:13 am

Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:48 am

Memnoch wrote:Spanish band? Avulsed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVG_D8j1Hzw

:deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

This.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:53 am

ttiger wrote:Not so funny guy spread this poster hoax on a facebook groups... fuck them :shock:

It's about up to par with Andy's photoshop skills of late.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • gietz
    Oiler

by gietz » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:32 am

viathyn wrote:I am having second thoughts about only doing carry-on... I have a feeling that my massive drinking horn won't get through security and additionally that I may just want to bring a bigger bag so I can bring my unicorn mask.. haha

I'll also be bringing my standard horse mask :party:
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:48 am

X-Thor wrote:Spanish band?

SAUROM!!!

Mexican band?

War Kabinett!!!

Tierra Santa and / or Muro!!!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    carlynjason
    Petty Officer

by carlynjason » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:49 am

bernabeit wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Just my gut feel though...........but announce Revamp damn it!!!!

YES PLEASE
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:24 am

Dimma wrote:
    ttiger wrote:Not so funny guy spread this poster hoax on a facebook groups... fuck them :shock:

It's about up to par with Andy's photoshop skills of late.

:lol: :lol:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:40 am

^^ Yeah Jj (on the FB forum) still hasn't mastered jokes. This one got me checking the official site. Son of a bitch... :bitch: :bitch:
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:52 am

Testament's new bass player is playing with DTA but I think it is unlikely
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:55 am

Keep Calm

and.... improve your photoshop skills, Andy... please :roll:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:07 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Happy thoughts, happy posts, please

THIS.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:31 am

X-Thor wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:Happy thoughts, happy posts, please

THIS.

Happy Thoughts.. Happy Posts... sounds like a happy, happy HELLOWEEN on board of 70000tons of metal, the biggest...

well.. one can dream, right? :roll:
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:58 am

Maybe for next year; they won't be on the boat this time because they were last year.

I can't say I want them back though.... diva attitudes all around and sub-par performances, in my opinion. The cover band that Donn books for the pre party "Made of Metal" does kiske-era covers that blow modern-day helloween away.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:01 am

viathyn wrote:Maybe for next year; they won't be on the boat this time because they were last year.

I can't say I want them back though.... diva attitudes all around and sub-par performances, in my opinion. The cover band that Donn books for the pre party "Made of Metal" does kiske-era covers that blow modern-day helloween away.

Yeah, Helloween was a big disappointment for me. Walked out before their Chorus Line set because the wait was too long and there were other things to do then walked out on the pool deck set because it just didn't sound good.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:29 am

cowboy71 wrote:We've never had a Spanish band on broad.

How about Diabulus in Musica or Dark Moor?

As a Spaniard, I have to say Metal from Spain totally sucks :D I only like Dark Moor and a band noone knows (and which is probably inactive) called Runic which released a pretty decent album (Liar Flags) with obvious influences from Amon Amarth.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:38 am

Dark Moor is pretty sweet. Not too much a fan of their early/new stuff but the middle area there was great
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:40 am

mooyagi wrote:
    viathyn wrote:Maybe for next year; they won't be on the boat this time because they were last year.

Yeah, Helloween was a big disappointment for me. Walked out before their Chorus Line set because the wait was too long and there were other things to do then walked out on the pool deck set because it just didn't sound good.

Im so glad to hear that...hehe :party:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:21 am

viathyn wrote: The cover band that Donn books for the pre party "Made of Metal" does kiske-era covers that blow modern-day helloween away.

That is so true. They were the best band that night. Blew me away.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:40 am

Dimma wrote:That is so true. They were the best band that night. Blew me away.

When they did 'March of Time' my pants got tighter.

Please check out my band

• mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:01 pm

viathyn wrote:
    Dimma wrote:That is so true. They were the best band that night. Blew me away.

When they did 'March of Time' my pants got tighter.

it was so good you physically gained weight. :lol:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:02 pm

...concentrated in my cock.

Please check out my band

• X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:19 pm

Made of Metal did some AWESOME Helloween covers that night.

I liked Helloween on the Chorus Line, but I was just fanboying :oops: , the sound was indeed awful. I did like the pool deck set, though.

I've seen them live six times so far. They are usually hit or miss. Sometimes they sound great, sometimes they don't. Especially Andy. I guess his songs demand too much from his voice. :?

--
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:21 pm

X-Thor wrote:Made of Metal did some AWESOME Helloween covers that night.

I liked Helloween on the Chorus Line, but I was just fanboying :oops: , the sound was indeed awful. I did like the pool deck set, though.

I've seen them live six times so far. They are usually hit or miss. Sometimes they sound great, sometimes they don't. Especially Andy. I guess his songs demand too much from his voice. :?

Seen em 3 times and it was not great every time, but I've only seen em at fests. Would like to see a headlining show.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:29 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Made of Metal did some AWESOME Helloween covers that night.

Seen em 3 times and it was not great every time, but I've only seen em at fests. Would like to see a headlining show.

Yeah, the best time I saw them was on Hellish Rock, back in 2008.

EDIT: Their 2011 tour with Stratovarius was good too, but that time I got to be onstage dressed as Dr. Stein, so I don't think my memories are unbiased. :P

I do think that they should stop playing so many Kiske-era songs. Deris-era (obviously) suit Andi's voice better, and they sound weird with Andi. Also, Deris-era songs are usually better. There, I said it.

--
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:35 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    I do think that they should stop playing so many Kiske-era songs. Deris-era (obviously) suit Andi's voice better, and they sound weird with Andi. Also, Deris-era songs are usually better. There, I said it.

Agreed. I'm a bad weenie but I don't really like keeper 1& 2 that much. I quite like Walls Of Jericho and Everything from Dark Ride on.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:52 pm

viathyn wrote:...concentrated in my cock.

suuuurrrreee :wank:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:08 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

Agreed. I'm a bad weenie but I don't really like keeper 1& 2 that much. I quite like Walls Of Jericho and Everything from Dark Ride on.

Yeah you are a bad weenie! Keeper 1 & 2 are THE helloween albums, in my opinion. Walls of Jericho is a good warm up to them, though.

mfrap wrote:
    viathyn wrote:...concentrated in my cock.

suuuurrrreee :wank:

I mean, temporarily, you know?
    LOOK MATT ALLS I'M SAYING IS THAT MADE OF METAL GAVE ME A BONER WITH THOSE HIGH NOTES IN MARCH OF TIME!
    :wank:

Please check out my band

• mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:57 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:Shouldn't all this talk of cocks and boners be in the wimmins thread?
    Granted they seem to be happy thoughts, so I'll allow it

Boners are generally happy entities, though lacking is subtley.
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:17 pm

Deris never showed for meet n greets in Australia, he said "i have to protect my voice". Which is understandable i suppose, but why
    fly all the way down here, then shun the fans. Punters would not have given a shit if his vocals were sub-par, they're just happy metal acts actually tour here.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:41 pm

Dimma wrote:

Deris never showed for meet n greets in Australia, he said "i have to protect my voice". Which is understandable i suppose, but why
    fly all the way down here, then shun the fans. Punters would not have given a shit if his vocals were sub-par, they're just happy metal acts actually tour here.

Was really annoyed about that at the time - as they didn't do a meet and greet in Brisbane I had one of my mates go to the meet and greet in Sydney for me, only to find that Deris wasn't there. Bloody prima donna.

Having said that though, the Brisbane show was fucking terrific :heavydrink:

Still wish I got to see Kiske/Hansen era Helloween live though :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    MLH
    Crewman

by MLH » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:00 pm

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:But the keeper albums were good, so there!

They still are as fresh as ever. Nor will they be dropped from the peak of Power Metal Mountain. Few albums have gotten there after that but those 2 are still too good.

88' would have been quite a ride seeing them live with Iron Maiden, even tho Bruce was sick alot of that tour. Best era from both bands. Tho what band wasn't at their best around 87-88...
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:08 pm

Keepers are awesome, amazing, fantastic albums...

I still like Deris-era songs better, in general. Where the Rain Grows, Power, Hey Lord!, Lavdate Dominvm, Sole Survivor, Secret Alibi, Forever And One (Neverland) are all masterpieces, right up there with Eagle Fly Free, Dr. Stein, I Want Out or Future World...

--
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:10 pm

there's one simple trick you all should have applied: sing louder tham Deris and you have a fantastic time! ;)

and :mrgreen: @ the photoshop reference
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:19 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Dimma wrote:

Was really annoyed about that at the time - as they didn't do a meet and greet in Brisbane I had one of my mates go to the meet and greet in Sydney for me, only to find that Deris wasn't there. Bloody prima donna.

Having said that though, the Brisbane show was fucking terrific :heavydrink:

Still wish I got to see Kiske/Hansen era Helloween live though :cry:

I ran into him on the boat and quizzed him on the meet n greet thing, from which i got the answer, then he gives me a cigar!
    Last edited by Dimma on Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:24 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:We've never had a Spanish band on broad.

How about Diabulus in Musica or Dark Moor?

As a Spaniard, I have to say Metal from Spain totally sucks :D I only like Dark Moor and a band noone knows (and which is probably inactive) called Runic which released a pretty decent album (Liar Flags) with obvious influences from Amon Amarth.

As a Mexican, Spanish metal is great.

Except Mägo. Mägo sucks. :evil:

Seriously, though, Saratoga when Leo Jiménez was there kicked ass, Saurom is my favorite folk metal band ever, Warcry has some very solid songs (and an awesome vocalist)...

--
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:34 pm

I sense an announcement.
Post Reply 4708 posts