Post Reply 4708 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: An Album World Premiere In The Caribbean!

by Mal2000 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:19 am

I really hope we will have more than 18 bands on broad ......... well, my hope is getting smaller each day :cry:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:35 am

Mal2000 wrote:I really hope we will have more than 18 bands on broad ......... well, my hope is getting smaller each day :cry:

I'm not really concerned about that. 18 bands = fraud = money back. I'm pretty sure Andy will end up with 40 bands onbroad as UMC has always promised. However, as days pass by I'm also more and more certain that many of the bands are going to be local, amateurish and/or rather unknown to most of us, creating by far the worst lineup ever for 70k, and we're gonna get to know their names just a few days before embarkation. I really hope these guys prove me wrong. Things are already f*cked up enough considering we won't have time to get familiar with many bands, but everyday the situation gets worse and worse, and UMC doesn't give a shit about it :)
    Last edited by bodomdragon on Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:49 am

Mal2000 wrote:I really hope we will have more than 18 bands on broad ......... well, my hope is getting smaller each day :cry:

At this point I would be happy if it sailed. I have my doubts.... To add all 5 umc cruises with the airfare and on land meals and $500-600 card tab outs for booze and merch, etc it exceeds $30K for Eric and I. All I wanted was consideration from Andy and a solid, honest explanation on what has been going on with umc the past 9 months. I feel the reason we don't hear from him is because he is in trouble..I mean what kind of way is this to run a busines ? When the person you hand money to ignores you for months on end this is a huge red flag that something is awry. I have worked for two small companies in my life that both went under water. I saw the whole thing happen both times. Got real ugly. The owners would get calls from customers who did not receive product and they would screen the call and say to me or another staff member, "tell them I'm not here" We saw the bills piling up and the bounced checks from the banks...both of the owners put the clients and customers on ignore mode and avoided them. Right up until the doors shut for good and they both filed for bankruptcy !! I hope and pray to my lord I am wrong and there is a legit excuse for this shit. The last time I saw Andy was on stage on pool deck announcing this cruise that sails in 40 days. He looked happy, healthy, and hopeful. If more than half the bands were confirmed I would breathe easier, but at this point, I am very let down and worried.

:givebeer: Cheers, gained 30 lbs of beer weight cuz of this mess.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:19 am

bodomdragon wrote:So each band will have to play four times. Yay!! Four sets of Symphony X :D

that is actually the most probable choice, if no other bands will be added SOON,...very very strange, i think if there are plans to organize another cruise in 2015, a lot of people will wait very long before they book...if they still want to this,... there will be a nice cruise in europe too in april..

but the question here is: why are there only 18 bands announced until now ? why is it that difficult to hire them to the cruise...only money issues?
    i cannot imagine that this strategy is what a management needs to do...what can we still expect...
    some big surprises and big names, or no name US bands situated in florida to save money...

normally i have a lot of patience, but i start to have doubts that there will be 40 bands on the ship and probably the level of the music will not see the same as the last 3 years,

so then, lets hopefully have enough sun, drinks and fun on the pooldeck and enjoy the journey :heavydrink: :heavydrink:
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:45 am

bodomdragon wrote:I'm not really concerned about that. 18 bands = fraud = money back.

Money back? If things do go wrong and we either will not get enough bands or there's no cruise at all, who in their right mind would think we get our money back? If they have financial trouble and file for bankruptcy, there's no way in hell we'll get our money back.
    My actual concern is that UMC will not deliver and they will just send us on a regular cruise. Two reasons to think like that, a) I'm fairly sure they have to pay RCL in advance anyhow and b) the ticket contract clearly states that the "entertainment portion" of the event is 200 USD. So, if they want to cancel, the cheapest way for UMC would be to send us on the boat and give back 200 USD to each passenger. If we end up with only, say, 20 bands onbroad, I think we'd get a refund of 100 USD.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:00 am

I do not think that they leave us with no music on board or leave with as few bands on board. Think this would be riots. So I think they will cancel the complete cruise and if all our money is gone they can't give back anything. :evil:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:29 am

All this mess and general disappointment makes me actually wonder if Andy will have the guts to be on the boat just like if nothing ever happened. This might as well happen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ta-Z_psXODw
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

• broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Dec 17, 2013 4:59 am

Memnoch wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:I'm not really concerned about that. 18 bands = fraud = money back.

Money back? If things do go wrong and we either will not get enough bands or there's no cruise at all, who in their right mind would think we get our money back? If they have financial trouble and file for bankruptcy, there's no way in hell we'll get our money back.
    My actual concern is that UMC will not deliver and they will just send us on a regular cruise. Two reasons to think like that, a) I'm fairly sure they have to pay RCL in advance anyhow and b) the ticket contract clearly states that the "entertainment portion" of the event is 200 USD. So, if they want to cancel, the cheapest way for UMC would be to send us on the boat and give back 200 USD to each passenger. If we end up with only, say, 20 bands onbroad, I think we'd get a refund of 100 USD.

if that happens(no bands) i will just forfeit the cruise. Be stranded a week on a boat is not my cup of tea.

I will rent a car and go to NC to meet my ex-step mother. Buy a buncd of CDs on line and head back to brazil after a week
    metal4ever
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:01 am

broegaard wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:

if that happens(no bands) i will just forfeit the cruise. Be stranded a week on a boat is not my cup of tea.

I will rent a car and go to NC to meet my ex-step mother. Buy a buncd of CDs on line and head back to brazil after a week

yup, same for me... forfeit the cruise and spend the money
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2011, 2012, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2020, 2023- :(
    2021, 2022- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2024 - BOOKED!! :shred:
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:03 am

If they sail us bandless we sink the boat and start a remote metal island where we hold the natives hostage until we get our 40 bands on shore to play 4 days of music for us. That or we all rent more busses and go down to New Orleans for a river boat gambling trip. :death:
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:11 am

I'm so happy I decided to opt out this year.

Although, to put some nice thoughts in everyone's heads that are going. PERHAPS they are planning a massive announcement in which they will also announce a bunch of local bands because they can only afford one massive band on the boat.

Maiden.....

who knows.....

Good luck boys and girls.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:26 am

Max_Rockwell wrote:I'm so happy I decided to opt out this year.

Although, to put some nice thoughts in everyone's heads that are going. PERHAPS they are planning a massive announcement in which they will also announce a bunch of local bands because they can only afford one massive band on the boat.

Maiden.....

who knows.....

Good luck boys and girls.

That would be great. But does that make sense not to bring announcements though the ship is not sold out yet? I think not, unfortunately. But thank you for your nice try to make us smile a little bit. :cheers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:15 am

You know? As long as I get to spend one week with some of the most awesome persons on this Earth (ie my cruise family), I am happy.

But seriously, guys, the cruise won't be cancelled, and there won't be 70K tons of local bands.

We all know how Andy does business. 4/4 cruises delivered with an excellent line-up. Silence is no reason to doubt he will deliver again.

So I suggest we all take a deep breath, relax and concentrate on the following:

1- We will be on a cruise surrounded my fellow metalheads and friends. :bangers:

2- We will be on a floating metal festival that has already AWESOME bands like Carcass, Dark Tranquility or Symphony X. :headbanger:

3- Metal karaoke. :cool:

4- Finding new/unknown bands on the cruise is a great experience.

We only hurt ourselves by being angry. And we contribute to worsen the mood on the forums. So let's try and be positive. :D
    Last edited by X-Thor on Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:19 am

X-Thor wrote:You know? As long as I get to spend one week with some of the most awesome persons on this Earth (ie my cruise family), I am happy.

But seriously, guys, the cruise won't be cancelled, and there won't be 70K tons of local bands.

We all know how Andy does business. 4/4 cruises delivered with an excellent line-up. Silence is no reason to doubt he will deliver again.

So I suggest we all take a deep breath, relax and concentrate on the following:

1- We will be on a cruise surrounded my fellow metalheads and friends. :bangers:

2- We will be on a floating metal festival that has already AWESOME bands like Carcass, Dark Tranquility or Symphony X. :headbanger:

3- Metal karaoke. :cool:

4- Finding new/unknown bands on the cruise is a great experience.

We only hurt ourselves by being angry. And we contribute to worsen the mood on the forums. So let's try and be positive. :D

This ^. Besides I paid so long ago I would have just pissed that money away on booze anyways. :whisky:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:32 am

Not to mention that my absolute favourite band on Barge was a last minute underground addition that noone had ever heard of and was just there to take up space, but their sets were fucking unreal! (Seita)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:14 am

Stained Class wrote:Not to mention that my absolute favourite band on Barge was a last minute underground addition that noone had ever heard

Speak for yourself ;) every Dutch metalhead knows Seita :wank:

ehhhhh, Barge, can't forget.....
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:16 am

Max_Rockwell wrote:Although, to put some nice thoughts in everyone's heads that are going. PERHAPS they are planning a massive announcement in which they will also announce a bunch of local bands because they can only afford one massive band on the boat.

Maiden.....

who knows.....

I also thought about that possibility. That would explain everything. If something huge (as huge as Maiden or Metallica) was announced, the ship would be sold out almost immediately and that would explain why Andy doesn't give a shit as he's gonna sell out anyway. But to be honest it still sounds uncanny, unless the guys from Iron Maiden - or whatever band it is for that matter - take this as some nice holidays and don't mind playing for much, much less money than they are used to.
    Wishlist:

Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:24 am

bodomdragon wrote: unless the guys from Iron Maiden - or whatever band it is for that matter - take this as some nice holidays and don't mind playing for much, much less money than they are used to.

Agree.
    That is the only possible option, which may be impossible :mrgreen:
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:04 pm

Judas Priest would be a good option since they only play festivals anymore. I would be happy with 19 bands if they were announced. Highly unlikely though. I'm beginning to think this cruise actually taking place is highly unlikely. What the fuck is taking so long!!?? FUCK!!! :bitch:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:20 pm

The only reasonable explanation is:

They are trying to bring us Black Sabbath.

that's it.. i've spoiled everything, sorry guys. :?
    2024 Wishlist: Accept-Ad.Infinitum-After.Forever-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-Amorphis-Angra-Angus.McSix-Ankor-Annihilator-Arch.Enemy-Brainstorm-Bruce.Dickinson-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Crypta-Chaoseum-Cynic-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-Deathstars-Destruction-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Equilibrium-Epica-Evergrey-Feuerschwanz-Final.Disaster-Frog.Leap-Grand.Magus-Gotthard-How.We.End-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Insomnium-James.LaBrie-Jinjer-KKs.Priest-Kontrust-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Lacuna.Coil-Lords.Of.The.Lost-Megara-Mors.Principium.Est-Myrath-Nailbomb-Nanowar.Of.Steel-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Psychostick-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Rotting.Christ-Reclaim.The.Silence-Sabaton-Saltatio.Mortis-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Seven.Kingdoms-Solution.45-Slashy.Sue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-The.Dark.Side.Of.The.Moon-The.Halo.Effect-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas-Wind.Rose-Within.Temptation
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:The only reasonable explanation is:

They are trying to bring us Black Sabbath.

that's it.. i've spoiled everything, sorry guys. :?

That would dissapoint me more than having only 18 bands
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:31 pm

To quote Nathan Fillion from Slither, my easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested!

A 'huge' band, for the incredibly optimistic, is not completely out of the question I guess.

We've always known this would be the last 70k on Majesty - so maybe Andy has had someone big booked from day 1?

And the most expensive cabins were 'sold out' VERY VERY early in the piece. Perfect 'sweetener' for a big ticket band.

Why hold off? Well, there are only 300 or so cabins left in all the non-sold-out categories. And obviously a lot of those would be unavailable. So, my estimate would be maybe 10% of the cabins left at most?

There is no need to announce a huge band to kick on sales. PLUS - maybe the huge band would prefer to be around general 'metal fans' as opposed to their more FANatical fans who would have booked had they been announced months ago.

Just my 5 cents worth (because my opinion is worth more than 2 cents).
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    MLH
    Crewman

by MLH » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:35 pm

cowboy71 wrote:To quote Nathan Fillion from Slither, my easy-going nature is gettin' sorely fuckin' tested!

A 'huge' band, for the incredibly optimistic, is not completely out of the question I guess.

We've always known this would be the last 70k on Majesty - so maybe Andy has had someone big booked from day 1?

And the most expensive cabins were 'sold out' VERY VERY early in the piece. Perfect 'sweetener' for a big ticket band.

Why hold off? Well, there are only 300 or so cabins left in all the non-sold-out categories. And obviously a lot of those would be unavailable. So, my estimate would be maybe 10% of the cabins left at most?

There is no need to announce a huge band to kick on sales. PLUS - maybe the huge band would prefer to be around general 'metal fans' as opposed to their more FANatical fans who would have booked had they been announced months ago.

Just my 5 cents worth (because my opinion is worth more than 2 cents).

Holding a big band surprise this far in this situation would be the dumbest marketing strategy ever when shit ain't sold out.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:02 pm

MLH wrote:Holding a big band surprise this far in this situation would be the dumbest marketing strategy ever when shit ain't sold out.

I don't see why. You think they wouldn't sell out with a huge name in the upcoming days? It's like 70% booked already.
    Wishlist:

• X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:13 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    MLH wrote:Holding a big band surprise this far in this situation would be the dumbest marketing strategy ever when shit ain't sold out.

I don't see why. You think they wouldn't sell out with a huge name in the upcoming days? It's like 70% booked already.

Probably more than that.

My opinion is taht Andy is trying to see how much can he sell without announcements. Why? No idea.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:17 pm

In all reality he's just having a harder time negotiating contracts. the whole music cruise, even the metal ones, aren't a new thing anymore so theres likely less hype for bands to play. it might just be the same as booking for any show/festival at this point and maybe thats also why we have a few repeats: they liked it before and are easy to get to do it again.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:48 pm

mfrap wrote:In all reality he's just having a harder time negotiating contracts. the whole music cruise, even the metal ones, aren't a new thing anymore so theres likely less hype for bands to play. it might just be the same as booking for any show/festival at this point and maybe thats also why we have a few repeats: they liked it before and are easy to get to do it again.

And added to that, there are still a LOT that don't want to be "stuck on a ship surrounded by fans" for 5 days.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Dec 17, 2013 5:51 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

Probably more than that.

My opinion is taht Andy is trying to see how much can he sell without announcements. Why? No idea.

Maybe because somebody told him last year that we will book even if he don`t make any announcements till the departure :P
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:04 pm

40 days until we sail!

And maybe, less than 40 days until the next announcement!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:33 pm

Things that I can assert from announcements this year:

- over 50% of announcements have occurred on either a Monday or a Friday.
    - only 2 have occurred between 7pm and midnight (Vancouver time)
    - almost 50% have occurred between 5pm and 7pm
    - zero announcements between midnight-midday

So basically given that it is almost 7PM and a Tuesday the chance of an announcement today is EXTREMELY low. and further to that the odds are low for any announcement tomorrow or the next day.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:34 pm

Captain Alex wrote:Maybe because somebody told him last year that we will book even if he don`t make any announcements till the departure :P

I didn't know he was going to take it literally!!! :oops:

--
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 7:48 pm

So basically, its all Hector's fault.

Hector - how do you feel about walking the plank, or being keelhauled?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:00 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Captain Alex wrote:Maybe because somebody told him last year that we will book even if he don`t make any announcements till the departure :P

he didn't indeed .. for the sake of your luck .. he decided to announce 18 bands before :cool:
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:19 pm

Captain Alex wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

he didn't indeed .. for the sake of your luck .. he decided to announce 18 bands before :cool:

See? It's not my fault!! :cool: :cool:

--
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:34 pm

I laughed when he said Aboot.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:39 pm

Talked with a veteran cruise band that is on more than a cpl wish lists, they had a schedule conflict with the cruise at first but now have cleared up the time for the cruise and really want to play it again. Said they have been trying to contact Andy and UMC for a while and can't get any response.

So hard and frustrating to understand WTF is going on .
    70k Survivor-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019
    -/-Witherfall-/-Alestorm-/-Exhorder-/-Soilwork-/-Kobra-and-the-Lotus-/-Powermad-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Symphony.X-/-Iced.Earth-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Leaves.Eyes-/-Overkill-/-Death.Angel-/-Testament-/-The.Order.of.Chaos-/-The.Agonist-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Epica-/-Into.Eternity-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Sanctuary-/-Wintersun-/-Powerglove-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Queensryche-/-Hatchet-/-
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:35 am

ravenous wrote:Talked with a veteran cruise band that is on more than a cpl wish lists, they had a schedule conflict with the cruise at first but now have cleared up the time for the cruise and really want to play it again. Said they have been trying to contact Andy and UMC for a while and can't get any response.

This is the kind of stuff that makes me want to keelhaul Andy.
    Wishlist:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:55 am

So there's some hope left still if he doesn't answer the phone for repeat bands? :mrgreen:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • headlinerluxi
    Petty Officer

by headlinerluxi » Wed Dec 18, 2013 3:29 am

ravenous wrote:Talked with a veteran cruise band that is on more than a cpl wish lists, they had a schedule conflict with the cruise at first but now have cleared up the time for the cruise and really want to play it again. Said they have been trying to contact Andy and UMC for a while and can't get any response.

that s strange, i got quick feedback on all i asked them...

probably and hopefully they are working on some special sets,....that can explain why not each band request will be served,
    last year one wellknown bass player told me his band wanted to join, but they did not get positif feedback too,...
    2012 survivor
    2013 survivor
    2014 survivor
    2016 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2019 !!!
    Savatage Queensryche Powerwolf Dokken Megadeth Mob Rules UDO Wasp Ripper Owens Tesla Y&T Armored Saint Testament Iced Earth Sabaton DAD Tesla Cinderella Brainstorm
    Mr.Kito
    Midshipman

by Mr.Kito » Wed Dec 18, 2013 6:10 am

mfrap wrote:In all reality he's just having a harder time negotiating contracts. the whole music cruise, even the metal ones, aren't a new thing anymore so theres likely less hype for bands to play. it might just be the same as booking for any show/festival at this point and maybe thats also why we have a few repeats: they liked it before and are easy to get to do it again.

well... my band would accept to play...

just saying, you know.. andy.. if you can hear us :mrgreen:
Post Reply 4708 posts