Post Reply 92 posts
Destination?
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

Re: Destination?

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:25 pm

I only asked what options we had because I was lazy and didn't feel like looking it up

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Wed Mar 06, 2013 11:27 pm

Bahamas was not very good to me.
    Grand Turk was good.
    Maybe Salt Cay, Jamaique if it's not too far, Haiti, Cuba is possible?

Just maybe a stupid question: Is it obligatory to leave from Miami? Because maybe we can leave from Dominican Republic or Martinique or Puerto Rico, the destinations will be more important.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:01 am

lampropelma wrote:Bahamas was not very good to me.
    Grand Turk was good.
    Maybe Salt Cay, Jamaique if it's not too far, Haiti, Cuba is possible?

Just maybe a stupid question: Is it obligatory to leave from Miami? Because maybe we can leave from Dominican Republic or Martinique or Puerto Rico, the destinations will be more important.

One side back Andy wrote:

We are limited by the speed of the vessel. Therefore Jamaica for example is not going to happen. That was my very first immediate thought years ago after it was clear that we will sail out of Miami. But unfortunately our good old lady is not fast enough. We would make it there, but we could only stay for 3 hours or so and that's just not worth it.

Cuba does not work of known reasons. And only going to another US port (Key West for example) also does not work, because if we would not make a second additional stop abroad, it would become internal US transportation and that opens a whole new can of worms with tax implications and so on.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Mar 07, 2013 12:34 am

BELIZE!!!!!!!!!!!

Let's saill for Belize!!

Mayan ruins!
    Snorkeling!
    I think Royal Caribbean sails there all the time anyway!

BELIZE!!!!

UnBelizable!!!! hahaha

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:15 am

I think that's too far away.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Thu Mar 07, 2013 1:27 am

Belize is about the same distance as Cayman, so it should be doable.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Thu Mar 07, 2013 11:47 am

I wonder how long it will be before we get a list of options to vote for! "SOON" I'm sure hahahahha

Pyramus
    Crewman

by Pyramus » Thu Mar 07, 2013 2:59 pm

Wow Belize would be awesome. Hope that's an option.
    2013 Survivor, 2014 booked.
    Apocalyptica - Tristania - Nemesea - Dark Tranquillity - Lacuna Coil - Arch Enemy
    Anka
    Petty Officer

by Anka » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:40 pm

i have a feeling i won't even be getting off the boat next time i'm there... so sail wherever :) i need bands, that's all i need :givebeer: and beer.
    No band request signature. Surprise me!
    Evican
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Evican » Mon Mar 18, 2013 2:27 am

Back to the Caymans!

http://youtu.be/Vvoqzibe3Ig
    70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018 | 2020
    2020 WISHLIST: Sulphur Aeon-Cripper-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Behemoth-Benighted-Epica-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Virgin Black
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:39 am

Anka wrote:i have a feeling i won't even be getting off the boat next time i'm there... so sail wherever :) i need bands, that's all i need :givebeer: and cotton candy.

Not sure I saw that onbroad yet, but one can dream I imagine ;)
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Phfloydispink
    Oiler

by Phfloydispink » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:34 am

Would be nice to add an extra day.........
    Then we could go more places, do more stuff, spread things out just a little and have more fun.
    Survivor 70k
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2019
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:07 am

Belize sound interesting.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Anka
    Petty Officer

by Anka » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:36 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Anka wrote:i have a feeling i won't even be getting off the boat next time i'm there... so sail wherever :) i need bands, that's all i need :givebeer: and cotton candy.

are you indirectly trying to request cotton candy on board? not enough in Magic Kingdom for ya?
    No band request signature. Surprise me!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:22 am

Anka wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

are you indirectly trying to request cotton candy on board? not enough in Magic Kingdom for ya?

Nope, you are :death:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Mar 19, 2013 7:01 am

Anka doesn't want cotton candy. She wants Chocolate Mousse!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:34 pm

I prefer to stay at private beaches. I hate those markets and people trying to sell me stuff I don't need or want. A deserted island and a case of beers would be awesome, just to get off the ship for a few hours.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:19 pm

Tobbe wrote:I prefer to stay at private beaches. I hate those markets and people trying to sell me stuff I don't need or want. A deserted island and a case of beers would be awesome, just to get off the ship for a few hours.

YES THIS!!!!!! Cozumel was awful with people trying to get you to buy shit you don't want or need ti was obnoxious...

I loved how when we were on Grand Turk Island it was just us - beautiful beach - epic view of our ship - and lots of alcohol! Couldn;t have been a better day!

WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:53 pm

Turk was awesome and Labadee is amazing!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    Bloodycanadian
    Petty Officer

by Bloodycanadian » Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:11 pm

Having been to Labadee in the past, it's not a bad place to be really. I'm almost wondering though if there's enough time to make it to the Virgin Islands.
    Now let's go get banjaxxed.
    BloodRedMike
    Crewman

by BloodRedMike » Sun Mar 31, 2013 5:38 pm

St. Kitts & Nevis. But who knows if The Majesty Of Disease can make it there in time. Anything except P.R, D.R, and The Bahamas. Total garbage dumps.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Apr 01, 2013 6:43 am

Bloodycanadian wrote:Having been to Labadee in the past, it's not a bad place to be really. I'm almost wondering though if there's enough time to make it to the Virgin Islands.

Don't think so. Maybe with the new boat in 2015.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    TheBigJankowski
    Petty Officer

by TheBigJankowski » Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:17 am

The way everyone talked about Cockburn, that would have my vote.
    2015: Wish List: BloodCeremony, Pallbearer, Funeral, NeObliviscaris, 11thHour, BoltThrower, MDB, SearBliss, LethianDreams, EternalTearsOfSorrow, Jaldaboath, Borknagar, Equalibrium, Insomnium, Manegarm, Scox, Lumsk, CultofLuna, Einherjer, Ex Deo, HoB
    Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:22 pm

So google maps has a 'treasure map' setting for April Fool's Day. Perfect for drooling over possible destinations. :lol:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:24 pm

Steve110 wrote:So google maps has a 'treasure map' setting for April Fool's Day. Perfect for drooling over possible destinations. :lol:

I saw that yesterday. I like how they completely fucked up the execution and didn't mark the ending destination when asking for directions with an X. Seriously, Google!
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Biana
    Oiler

by Biana » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:02 pm

Captain Jack Sparrow´s island, now that´s where the destination should be.
    Bloodycanadian
    Petty Officer

by Bloodycanadian » Tue Apr 02, 2013 10:33 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Bloodycanadian wrote:Having been to Labadee in the past, it's not a bad place to be really. I'm almost wondering though if there's enough time to make it to the Virgin Islands.

Well the question I need to answer is, can I even make it off the boat this time? :chug:
    Now let's go get banjaxxed.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:02 pm

Bloodycanadian wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Well the question I need to answer is, can I even make it off the boat this time? :chug:

did you not make it off this past one?

Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:10 pm

Cuba :lol: :lol: with a :boobs: :boobs: :pound: reception
    Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:03 am

BELIZE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:06 am

Captain Alex wrote:Cuba :lol: :lol: with a :boobs: :boobs: :pound: reception

Cuba would have been great! Stupid embargo :bitch:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Apr 03, 2013 2:10 am

I guess us cool kids (read: non-Amurricaneseans) could visit Cuba while the rest waited on the boat? :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • lampropelma
    Chief Petty Officer

by lampropelma » Wed Apr 03, 2013 3:42 am

Salt Cay to see whales or Belize
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:00 am

Memnoch wrote:I guess us cool kids (read: non-Amurricaneseans) could visit Cuba while the rest waited on the boat? :lol:

Good Idea - but the Majesty is also american, even with a Bahama-Flag......
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
  • Metalanita
    Wiper

by Metalanita » Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:59 pm

Belize
    Turks and Caicos again
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu Apr 04, 2013 5:40 am

Please NOT Cozumel.

Belize gets my vote :mrgreen:
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:05 am

Metalanita wrote:Belize
    Turks and Caicos again

Both sound good to me!

mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Cockburn is my top choice. The day off the boat I want some kind of rest. I´m not keen on safari trips, ancient ruins.... nice beach, snorkeling and a couple of beers thats it. :beerhorns:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
  • Soundchaser
    Petty Officer

by Soundchaser » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:13 pm

mgrock wrote:Cockburn is my top choice. The day off the boat I want some kind of rest. I´m not keen on safari trips, ancient ruins.... nice beach, snorkeling and a couple of beers thats it. :beerhorns:

agree :cheers:

maybe there are some other small Bahamian Island similar to Turks, that would be perfect.

from a google side of view, something like these looks also nice (if there is any kind of port to stop)
    Crooked Island
    Rum Cay
    Cat Island

maybe a bit too close to miami?
    Coco Cay
    Great Stirrup Cay
    Great Harbour Cay
    70kt Survivor: 2013 / 2014 / 2015 / 2016 / 2017 / 2020
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:52 pm

Royal Caribbean would love if we went to Coco Cay,we would have to travel at about 3 knots an hour the whole trip and once we get there, they get all the money we spend except for a small straw market.It is their Island and we wouldn't have to deal with any other travelers,down side it is a tender stop and if you don't want to do anything n the sun there is nothing to do.They do feed you a nice BBQ lunch for free.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters