Post Reply 104 posts
Majesty of the Seas ?
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Majesty of the Seas ?

by mooyagi » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:48 am

We need Blind Guardian on the ship so they can play Majesty as a proper sendoff.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:09 am

As long as it is Royal Caribbean, I'm cool with it.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Apr 04, 2013 10:52 am

Madkill wrote:As long as it is Royal Caribbean, I'm cool with it.

Yeah, talking to people that have been on other boats they're almost all the same just different sizes and shapes. We'll still have the windjammer, boleros, chorus line, spectrum, etc.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Apr 04, 2013 12:22 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Yeah, talking to people that have been on other boats they're almost all the same just different sizes and shapes. We'll still have the windjammer, boleros, chorus line, spectrum, etc.

Looks like the other ships in the fleet have all that plus a little more! I'm excited to see a new ship but will miss the Majesty.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Thu Apr 04, 2013 3:54 pm

mooyagi wrote:We need Blind Guardian on the ship so they can play Majesty as a proper sendoff.

THIS!!!!!!!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:29 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:We need Blind Guardian on the ship so they can play Majesty as a proper sendoff.

THIS!!!!!!!

Or if Blind Guardian is not possible, give us Demons & Wizards, please. :shred:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri Apr 05, 2013 8:46 pm

jodionline wrote:
    LadyBlackfhyre wrote:

THIS!!!!!!!

Or if Blind Guardian is not possible, give us Demons & Wizards, please. :shred:

Demons and Wizards YESSS

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Bloodycanadian
    Petty Officer

by Bloodycanadian » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:38 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Looks like the other ships in the fleet have all that plus a little more! I'm excited to see a new ship but will miss the Majesty.

I'm going to have to dent a whole new ceiling when they change...
    Now let's go get banjaxxed.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sat Apr 06, 2013 12:32 am

A super farewell would be if Black Sabbath would play. :wank:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:24 pm

Maybe one day it will be 170,000 Tons of Metal, and it will be on broad THIS:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_of_the_Seas

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/quantumoftheseas/
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:09 pm

Maybe Andy purchased Majesty of the Seas for his own use ......
    pool deck stage always set up , no waiting.
    more cruises to choose from each year (wait I can't afford that :lol: )
    stocks ship with most requested beers and liquors
    viking lounge filled with real Vikings
    some of the shops replaced with Metal shops (t-shirts, a cd store, different metal clothing {leather spikes and chains} well you get the picture)

Yes let's just get our own ship :cheers: :beerhorns:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:12 pm

That'd be an awesome idea. How much would a ship like Majesty cost? :lol:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Thu Apr 18, 2013 2:55 am

Memnoch wrote:That'd be an awesome idea. How much would a ship like Majesty cost? :lol:

Running costs is the only real problem. :beerwink: To average utilization can be improoved by having recording studios and extended entertainment facilities on board :boobs: :boobs: :boobs: :boobs: which can also be used while not on sea. :bangers: The basic investment can be realised via an offshore fund on Grand Cayman (that´s why it is our stop in 2014 :lol: ).
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:18 am

A full time heavy metal ship would be awesome.
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:05 pm

Phenomenal idea indeed. It would take winning the lottery to make it sustainable though.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:46 am

Will we get Majesty in 2015 as well? There are regular cruises bookable until April 2015 ( http://bit.ly/1heQ37L ), but nothing during week 4 (19.-23. Jan).
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:48 am

Speedy wrote:Will we get Majesty in 2015 as well? There are regular cruises bookable until April 2015 ( http://bit.ly/1heQ37L ), but nothing during week 4 (19.-23. Jan).

Yes, there is also cruise in week 19-23 Jan. 2015

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/cruises ... n2015.html
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:25 pm

This cruise had been officially announced as the final one on the Majesty but of course things can change. From the March 28 update:

70000TONS OF METAL 2014 will be the last time we will be sailing with The Majesty Of The Seas.
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:52 pm

if Andy says it will be the last cruise with her majesty und the ship is still cruising 2015 - there must be another ship in his mind. !?
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:53 pm

Lala wrote:if Andy says it will be the last cruise with her majesty und the ship is still cruising 2015 - there must be another ship in his mind. !?

Well the reason is more that the Majesty is going to be retired/sold off or whatever. I'm sure he's been looking if he hasn't already decided on one.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:10 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Lala wrote:if Andy says it will be the last cruise with her majesty und the ship is still cruising 2015 - there must be another ship in his mind. !?

Well the reason is more that the Majesty is going to be retired/sold off or whatever. I'm sure he's been looking if he hasn't already decided on one.

of course, the majesty is going to be retired - but she can be booked in january 2015, this sounds not retiring.... :wank:
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived - 2021 - definetly maybe NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:17 pm

I know I'm replying to six month old ideas, but the thread's on the front page so damnit I'm gonna speak my mind, rawr.
    With regards to the number of people or whatever, a lot of people seem to want it to stay at 2000 or so, but those aren't ncessarily the best numbers to go by. Especially if you want it to "feel" a certain way. Because you're not just feeling a quantity of people. You're feeling a ratio of fans to musicians (about 6:1, give or take) and you're feeling population density. If we scale up to a ship that holds say 600 more people, that means adding, say, 85 staff and 500 fans to maintain that ratio. A few of those will be security and support staff, once you factor in managers and roadies, you're adding maybe ten bands tops. So we're at 45-50 bands, which isn't horrible. What's really cool about those other 500 fans though, a 25% increase in population isn't anyhting to sneeze at, but most of those ships are more than double the size, which will actually have the effect of spreading people out and making any given area less populated. My exact calculations are in a thread about this on Facebook somewhere, but suffice to say, the Majesty is actually the most cramped ship out of the whole fleet.
    TLDR: It's counterintuitive, but if you want to feel like there are fewer people onbroad, we need a ship with a higher capacity.
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:35 pm

Eternity wrote:I know I'm replying to six month old ideas, but the thread's on the front page so damnit I'm gonna speak my mind, rawr.
    With regards to the number of people or whatever, a lot of people seem to want it to stay at 2000 or so, but those aren't ncessarily the best numbers to go by. Especially if you want it to "feel" a certain way. Because you're not just feeling a quantity of people. You're feeling a ratio of fans to musicians (about 6:1, give or take) and you're feeling population density. If we scale up to a ship that holds say 600 more people, that means adding, say, 85 staff and 500 fans to maintain that ratio. A few of those will be security and support staff, once you factor in managers and roadies, you're adding maybe ten bands tops. So we're at 45-50 bands, which isn't horrible. What's really cool about those other 500 fans though, a 25% increase in population isn't anyhting to sneeze at, but most of those ships are more than double the size, which will actually have the effect of spreading people out and making any given area less populated. My exact calculations are in a thread about this on Facebook somewhere, but suffice to say, the Majesty is actually the most cramped ship out of the whole fleet.
    TLDR: It's counterintuitive, but if you want to feel like there are fewer people onbroad, we need a ship with a higher capacity.

That almost makes sense except during the headlining bands most people will be in one place. I think the biggest concern isn't as much size as it is how "mainstream" the bands and as a result the fans are.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Eternity
    Petty Officer

by Eternity » Fri Oct 04, 2013 12:34 pm

True. But if you've got a larger area , it still doesn't feel *as* bad. I've been to shows that are 600 people that feel more cramped than 1800 person shows, it all comes down to how much room you have to spread out. So if the pool deck, and theater themselves are larger, more people isn't an issue, really.

I agree entirely about the "brand" of fans too. For one, I'm really in it for the European stuff anyways since I rarely get to see them tour here and they're generally just better. But even without factoring in the personal preference, being surrounded by a bunch of guys who think Iron Maiden is as underground as it gets, arguing over whether Metallica or Megadeth is better... would probably have me testing the lifejackets pretty quick.
    Non-Repeat Wishlist: Apocalyptica, Cellador, Gloryhammer, Haggard, Mortemia, Northern Kings, Powerglove, Rhapsody/Of Fire, Sirenia, Tarot, The Unguided, Van Canto, Viathyn, Violet Sun, Wintersun
Post Reply 104 posts