Post Reply 24 posts Page 1 of 1
High ON Fire for 70K
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

High ON Fire for 70K

by stoverkill » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:41 pm

I'm seeing this High on Fire band on Metal Alluance tour and they are pretty bad ass. We should have them on 70K. :)
    Last edited by stoverkill on Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    SURVIVOR:
    70K1 | 70K2 | BTH | 70K3 | 70K4 | 70K5 | 70K6 | 70K7 | 70K8 | 70K9

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: High in Fire for 70K

by mooyagi » Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:43 pm

So is it High in Fire or High on Fire? Thread title doesn't match the post. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:35 pm

mooyagi wrote:So is it High in Fire or High on Fire? Thread title doesn't match the post. :lol:

:lol:

Good eye!

I really like the band and was happy to see them again on the Metal Alliance tour here in town but Matt sure looks to be in rough shape. Sweating like a dog after half a song and played a pretty short set. I hope he survives the rock n' roll/metal lifestyle :?

The years between when I first saw them and now have not been too kind to him

So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:55 pm

Pike just got out rehab and I don't think the cruise would be a good idea for somebody trying to stay away from alcohol.............. Glad you like them though. I went to Metal Alliance for just Anthrax and HoF.

He does look rough as Shoreslayer pointed out...... However, it's not like he ever looked "great" :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89h-X-tZa_w

High On Fire are too dirty for what most of the posters here generally like. They are basically the complete opposite from a Sabaton or a Tursias :lol:
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

Re: High ON Fire for 70K

by stoverkill » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:47 am

Title fixed now. It's High ON Fire. Was posting from iPhone last night.

Yeah they are way different from Sabaton. I thought they were pretty cool. With all the different kinds of metal repped on the cruise you'd think there would be room for one little 'ol stoner metal band on the ship. :smoking:
    SURVIVOR:

WISH LIST: Dust Bolt | Toxic Holocaust | Lich King | Violator | Bewitcher | Haunt | Hellfire | Nuclear Assault | Xentrix | Hatchet | Power Trip | Terrifier
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:52 am

Yeah I see no reason not to half them.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:41 am

I hope that Matt survives until MDF since his old band Sleep will be playing there.

The years have been rough on Mr. Pike. Here's a picture from earlier in his rock & roll career:
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:54 am

I'd enjoy High on Fire on the cruise. It's been a while since I've seen them.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:24 am

rwalters wrote:Pike just got out rehab and I don't think the cruise would be a good idea for somebody trying to stay away from alcohol.............. Glad you like them though. I went to Metal Alliance for just Anthrax and HoF.

He does look rough as Shoreslayer pointed out...... However, it's not like he ever looked "great" :lol: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89h-X-tZa_w

High On Fire are too dirty for what most of the posters here generally like. They are basically the complete opposite from a Sabaton or a Tursias :lol:

Agree on your last comment (although I'm a HoF fan, as well as a Turisas fan; Sabaton - not so much - burnt out on them real quick musically, but did enjoy them ok live the one time I saw them, but once was enough).

I like the adjective "dirty" that you used to describe them - I agree with what I think you mean by that....I would add "gritty" and "rough-hewn" to describe HoF and especially Pike. I really like that a lot about him though - makes me think of an old time country or blues dude - who simply puts himself out there and doesn't give a shit about "image" or anything. Although I love many "image" and/or "gimmick" oriented bands/music (I can think of several in the black & folk genres), seeing/hearing a band like HoF is somewhat refreshing to me. When I saw HoF for the second time last December in a smallish club, I was right up in front for several songs and Pike is a really interesting character to watch. I was aware of him only being sober for a short time and was imagining how challenging it must be for someone like him to make that kind of change. So, yeah - the guy got all sweaty, basically looked like hell, and was really intense - almost like he was performing to stay alive or something - and I don't doubt that music is like the life blood of a guy like that - you can see it, feel it, and hear it (at least I did) - very genuine - not just a "show." Oh, and he was shirtless :P at my show - maybe I'll add some pics later...ha. I met some guys at the gig who are huge Sleep fans, so I've listened to some since then - especially love Dopesmoker - now that is a trip to listen to. :cool:
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Electrichead
    Crewman

by Electrichead » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:24 am

Love high on fire. All killer no filler withthat band. Pike is a beast. I missed my chance to see him live at the albert here on the snakes for the divine tour. I want to see them at least once while theyre still alive
    2013, 2014, 2015 survivor
    rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Wed Apr 10, 2013 10:39 am

Gnoff,

Exactly

Bentz,

What late 90's vault did you pull that picture from? :lol:

Laura,

He's generally shirtless at all shows. He really doesn't give a shit what he looks like (as you stated).
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant

by Sgt. B » Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:06 pm

I'm a bit of a fan of this band, seen them 19 times, I think. :D I'd love to have them on the cruise. Need to break 20! :lol:
    Some years ago I ran into Matt before they were scheduled to play a show in town. I asked him if they were going to play "Baghdad" that night. Matt said, "We are now." I guess it wasn't originally on the setlist. I thought it was pretty cool that he added to the show.

Really looking forward to finally getting to see Sleep at MDF. :deathhorns:
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-Carcass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Sleep is killer. Andy should book both :smoking:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    BloodRedMike
    Crewman

by BloodRedMike » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:13 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Sleep is killer. Andy should book both :smoking:

Hell yes to this. Sleep is badass.
    stoverkill
    Midshipman

by stoverkill » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:29 pm

Sleep is for wuss's. Besides, I got bronchitis! Aint' nobody got time fo dat!
    SURVIVOR:

Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:48 pm

The Orlando date of the Metal Alliance tour got gutted by Disney. FUCK DISNEY!

Along with Exodus, HoF is no longer on the bill so we won't get to see them play on Friday. Total bummer too, because I really liked their latest CD.

Oh and did I mention FUCK DISNEY!?
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:28 pm

High on Fire---big thumbs down.
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Wed Apr 10, 2013 6:31 pm

Warphine wrote:The Orlando date of the Metal Alliance tour got gutted by Disney. FUCK DISNEY!

Along with Exodus, HoF is no longer on the bill so we won't get to see them play on Friday. Total bummer too, because I really liked their latest CD.

Dude! That's as weak as circus lemonade.

Hopefully your tickets were discounted since you are missing the 2nd and 3rd bands from the top of the bill.
    BloodRedMike
    Crewman

by BloodRedMike » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:50 am

Warphine wrote:The Orlando date of the Metal Alliance tour got gutted by Disney. FUCK DISNEY!

Wow. How fkn gay. I bet they'll let bubblegum pop artists singing about sex and drugs to kids play there. Oh wait, they create those kind of people. ( Britney Spears, Demi Lovato, Miley Cyrus)
  • Biana
    Oiler

by Biana » Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:27 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Sleep is killer. Andy should book both :smoking:

Yup this....High on Fire on the cruise would be awesome, I´ve seen them live and they are way better live than on record. Sick tight band. The line-up or so I hope will be more diverse, and not too much power metal...should be more like Barge to Hell which had many genres in Metal. Dreamin´
  • Electrichead
    Crewman

by Electrichead » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:59 pm

he's lookin pretty good.. sign em Skipper! :bangers:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWvyhna94_E
    2013, 2014, 2015 survivor
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:37 pm

Bentz! wrote:

Dude! That's as weak as circus lemonade.

Hopefully your tickets were discounted since you are missing the 2nd and 3rd bands from the top of the bill.

I bought my tickets months ago before I knew they had gutted the lineup so I'm not aware of any ticket discounts. I don't know why metal bands continue to book the HoB after all the crap with Disney. The Hard Rock is down the road and isn't owned by Shitney.
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:15 pm

I'll take any bands that are dirty, gritty, and play their hearts out.... :shred:
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:13 am

Only seen them live once and I all most fell asleep
    For me, HoF would be a Big Bad Announcement !!!
    But I do need some nap time
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
Post Reply 24 posts Page 1 of 1