Post Reply 432 posts
Where's Our Next Announcement Bitch Thread 2014
  • Laura
    Commander

Re: Where's Our Next Announcement Bitch Thread 2014

by Laura » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I wonder if I created a "What cruisers can be ruled out due to the lack of news?" thread, if the admins would move/delete it? :roll:

My mate and fellow three-time veteran AUSSIESTU has cancelled his booking :(

I can't remember what the UMC cancellation/refund rules are and too lazy to look it up at the moment. On a related note, ALL the payments/deposits toward the Progressive Nation at Sea cruise are non-refundable (unless you buy the insurance and your reason for cancelling is one of the allowable reasons). At first, I thought that seemed pretty harsh, but I guess I understand it from a business point of view & I assume that this no-refund policy is the case for all of the Sixthman music cruises. They prolly figure that since they announce their entire line-ups before booking even commences, people should be able to make a firm decision whether or not they want to go & stick with that. (Unless there is a death in the family, major illness, or some other unforeseen situation that would be covered by the insurance) This policy would weed out people that may book "on spec" who want to secure cheap cabins without knowing for sure they'll end up being able to swing it/work out the other details. Regardless, really hoping that ship ends up sailing as I'm not so sure the prog niche market can sell a whole boat load - we shall see.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Laura wrote:
    I can't remember what the UMC cancellation/refund rules are and too lazy to look it up at the moment.

Cancel before Oct 27th and you have to pay a $US100 cancellation fee. Between Oct-27 and Nov-27 - 25% of total booking fee cost. Between Nov-27 and Dec-27 - 50%. After Dec-27 - no refund.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:47 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I am genuinely starting to contemplate cancelling the booking. Glad I haven't booked flights or anything yet!

The announcements coming out for other festivals in 2014 are making me take pause.

First three bands for Sabaton Open Air in August next year - Sabaton, Tyr and Amaranthe? Yes please!!

Initial lineup for Out & Loud end May next year - includes Blind Guardian, Ensiferum, Freedom Call, Xandria, Powerwolf, Doro, Rage.

Lineup for ProgPower USA has Jon Oliva doing Streets in its entirety.......

So yeah - hopefully a flood of 70k announcements is on the horizon.

I just booked my airfare for 70K and am making our last payment install on Friday. If it cancels I wont get my airfare back.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:53 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I wonder if I created a "What cruisers can be ruled out due to the lack of news?" thread, if the admins would move/delete it? :roll:

My mate and fellow three-time veteran AUSSIESTU has cancelled his booking :(

You can add Grumpy Markku to that list. He was all set to go, but decided against it because of the lack of communication/announcements.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:40 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Laura wrote:
    I can't remember what the UMC cancellation/refund rules are and too lazy to look it up at the moment.

Cancel before Oct 27th and you have to pay a $US100 cancellation fee. Between Oct-27 and Nov-27 - 25% of total booking fee cost. Between Nov-27 and Dec-27 - 50%. After Dec-27 - no refund.

I think that is a very liberal cancellation policy - the fact that one only loses $100 three months out from sailing, and so on. Hmmm - wonder if the next announcements will be timed around the Oct 27 date somehow - he's waited this long (and supposedly - via the "grapevine" - has other bands booked, just not announcing them), what's another several weeks in his mind, right? ;)
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:45 am

I'm not freaking out, but this is ridiculous. Over four months of silence from UMC. :bitch: :bitch:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:22 am

X-Thor wrote:I'm not freaking out, but this is ridiculous. Over four months of silence from UMC. :bitch: :bitch:

Are any of you starting to consider cancelling? If nothing is wrong, then UMC/Andy are being dicks. Considering all of the other music cruise possibilities, I'm going to have to think about whether I want to go through this bullshit next time, and might opt for one of the others that announce their lineup in a timely fashion...and aren't arrogant and rude to their customers.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

Stop being douchebags

by meshuggah » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:26 am

Hey, UMC.....Your silence is going to have your paid customers thinking about cancelling.....and has already started to alienate many of us. If you want to have a 70000 Tons in 2015, you'd better start communicating with us (and the bands who you have ignored as many of them have reached out to you and heard nothing) and stop being arrogant douchebags.

Curious to see how long this post stays here ;)
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:48 am

meshuggah wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:I'm not freaking out, but this is ridiculous. Over four months of silence from UMC. :bitch: :bitch:

Are any of you starting to consider cancelling? If nothing is wrong, then UMC/Andy are being dicks. Considering all of the other music cruise possibilities, I'm going to have to think about whether I want to go through this bullshit next time, and might opt for one of the others that announce their lineup in a timely fashion...and aren't arrogant and rude to their customers.

I'm not considering cancelling... But I do have other plans for 2014 (Metaldays, Wacken, maybe PPUSA) and if I am forced to choose, I'd cancel 70K.

I don't think I'll book blindly next year, though... Unless Blind Guardian is announced, of course.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:01 am

Does anyone even live close to UMC HQ so they could go and ask them in person?
    Maybe you'd get some real answers that way.
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:17 am

meshuggah wrote:

I will NOT cancel.

If anyone wants to cancel, please do so as soon as possible and stop calling UMC names.
    Their customer service has NEVER been arrogant or rude to anyone. They politely answer every email. They patiently wait for payments. They call back whenever asked. They pay for bank transfers and are always nice.

It's not fair to call them rude. They don't have an easy job.

ps. I have nothing against bitching as long as it was kind of our game but it pisses me off when people are rude to the UMC customer service.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:24 am

We were promised announcement communications during the slow period...they never came.

UMC is reading the boards...good customer service who actually respected their customers would at least have posted something reassuring...they know we're waiting on them, but have chosen to ignore the requests.

I know first hand that several bands have reached out to UMC and their communications are being ignored. One I spoke with earlier this week is quite perturbed, as they filled in on BTH at the last minute as a favor to Andy, and now UMC can't even give them a response.

This is no way to run a business. This IS rude and arrogant.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Sep 20, 2013 11:35 am

I agree on the part that people shouldn't resort to name calling or anything, and, yes, the customer service is good - excellent even. But, the part where they address their paying customers' concerns via email can hardly be called customer service - copy-paste service at best.

I'm not going to cancel either, even if the lead passenger cancellation fees aren't too bad. If it weren't for my friends and the forumites, I think I might cancel.
    But working partly in public relations and customer service myself, I really can't accept this way of doing business. Those who are accept it, all the power to you, but I'll carry my piles of money to some other company after the next cruise. Sure, if the lineup proves to be awesome for some future cruise, I might book late, but early booking is a no-go.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 2:29 pm

I agree wholeheartedly.

I'm not considering cancelling - but if the Wacken Full Metal Cruise announced a 2014 cruise today with an awesome lineup it would be a different story.

Even doing 70k 'on the cheap' sets my wife and I back about $6,500 - $3,500 for flights, $2,000 for 70k, $1,000 for pre-cruise, merch and booze, $500 for misc. So for me at least I have much higher expectations and demands of UMC and 70k than I do for say, the local Soundwave festival which sets me back a couple of hundred dollars.

To call UMC customer service rude would be unfair - BUT, for the last several MONTHS to tell your customers that news is coming 'soon' is at best mean, and at worst lying and misleading.

And on a sidenote they do not answer EVERY email - I sent one rather tersely worded email early in the week and they didn't reply. I did say "don't bother replying if you are just going to tell me soon!" though :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:11 pm

cowboy71 wrote:To call UMC customer service rude would be unfair - BUT, for the last several MONTHS to tell your customers that news is coming 'soon' is at best mean, and at worst lying and misleading.

I did not mean that the folks at UMC customer service are rude. It is the "customer service situation" which is rude. It is UMC's being out of touch and their refusal to give us the promised updates which is rude. Both to us as well as the bands who have tried to get in touch with them. Sorry for the confusion.

I really think there is some sort of a problem. Hope I'm wrong, but this is getting ridiculous.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:20 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:To call UMC customer service rude would be unfair - BUT, for the last several MONTHS to tell your customers that news is coming 'soon' is at best mean, and at worst lying and misleading.

I did not mean that the folks at UMC customer service are rude. It is the "customer service situation" which is rude. It is UMC's being out of touch and their refusal to give us the promised updates which is rude. Both to us as well as the bands who have tried to get in touch with them. Sorry for the confusion.

I really think there is some sort of a problem. Hope I'm wrong, but this is getting ridiculous.

All good buddy - no confusion on my front. I didn't mean to imply I thought you were saying they were rude. One of the dangers of forums etc.

We all know that it all boils down to one thing - ANDY. His minions' hands are tied and they are just doing what they are told. They aren't sharing anything with us because for whatever reason, Andy isn't letting them.

When you hear things from 100% reliable sources saying that bands that have been on previous years are getting the brush off, are surprised by the lack of news, etc it certainly is troubling!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:39 pm

Yeah the name calling is very poor taste. We can patiently wait for andy's "F off if you don't like the way I run things" post that will be "coming soon" in the "near future" :shred:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Stop being douchebags

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Sep 21, 2013 5:25 pm

meshuggah wrote:Curious to see how long this post stays here ;)

not long, they moved it to the bridge :lol:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:03 pm

I was thinking more about this today and how it compares to Barge To Hell.

70k 2014 - 4+ months worth of absolute silence.

BARGE TO HELL 2013 - 3rd August 2012 "Who will be the last lucky 13 allowed on board? You will find out SOON...!"
    *TWO MONTHS OF SILENCE*
    BARGE TO HELL 2013 - 5th October 2012 "Get ready sailors, the wait is almost over! Can you imagine what treats we have waiting for you?"
    *ONE MONTH OF SILENCE*
    BARGE TO HELL 2013 - 3rd November 2012 - LOCK UP announced, BELPHEGOR cancellation confirmed
    *bands of debatable quality announced*
    BARGE TO HELL 2013 - 30th November 2012 - SIX FEET UNDER cancel
    BARGE TO HELL 2013 - 30th November 2012 - Bookings close
    BARGE TO HELL 2013 - 1st December 2012 - HYPOCRISY cancelled

What can we take out of this?

- Well, its subject to personal opinion but I think specifically being told SOON and not getting a band for 3 months is worse than simply hearing nothing at all.
    - chances are there are some serious issues in the background. Pure conjecture on my behalf (and if I'm wrong, blame UMC for being so fucking quiet for the last four months and leading me to jump to conclusions!) - but maybe there are band issues? Belphegor pulling out probably contributed to the Barge silence (and maybe they knew there were issues with Hypocrisy and Six Feet Under already?), so maybe something similar has happened with 70K?
    - Slow sales probably also contributed with Barge. They may have had to decrease quality of bands they were targetting somewhat due to less $$$ being available. Obviously not an issue for 70K.
    - Or maybe it is ship/destination related? Maybe the issue is so bad it is a case of "get this shit sorted or we're fucked" (destinations fully booked, Royal wanting to retire Majesty early, Royal wanting more money, UMC wanting to pay less money, etc etc)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:50 am

I talked to Rob Cavestany of Death Angel a few days ago. We didn't actually speak about 70000 Tons as a subject, but he mentioned this when we spoke about their plans for 2014.

"We go home for the holidays and I think we’re gonna kick off the next leg with the 70000 Tons Of Metal cruise that happens. Of course we’ll be back in Europe for the summer festivals and we’ll do another tour before that, that’s gonna come to Scandinavian countries and every other place we didn’t play."
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:27 am

Tobbe wrote:... I think we’re gonna kick off the next leg with the 70000 Tons Of Metal cruise, IF that happens.

FIXED.

:)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:05 am

With every day the silence don't stops, I think more about cancelling. There is still a little bit time till 27. Oct.

But now I'm no longer convinced that maybe UMC is in big trouble economically. What is when the go broke? Then our money is probably gone or?

I still have hope. :bangers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:28 am

jodionline, if that is the case they would have to be money-miss-managers of epic proportions.

Even after the money they undoubtably lost on Barge, they would have made most of that up with the sell out 70k 2013.

THEN on top of that, look at the sales for 70k 2014 - only 5 categories left available. Using VERY basic math (ie not taking into account solo sailors, not taking into account there would be plenty of cabins sold in the available categories, etc):

Amount of money collected from sold out categories: $2,062,471

OVER $2MILLION dollars. Given the low overheads of UMC as a business, they are surely not out of money unless Andy has been snorting crack off hookers' tits for the last four months :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    CaptOblivious
    Ensign

by CaptOblivious » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:37 am

cowboy71 wrote:surely not out of money unless Andy has been snorting crack off hookers' tits for the last four months :lol:

that would explain the silence, for my part i have largely stayed silent about the delay, but 4+ months? this is starting to get fucking stupid :bitch:
    You can't have slaughter without laughter
    2012-cabin # 4519
    2012-BtH cabin# 2563
    2013-cabin # 3015
    2014-cabin # 2515
    2015-cabin # 8659
    Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
    Hockeyagi 2013 champ
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:39 am

Look at the small print on the ticket contract....most of that money goes to RC, not UMC. I believe the "entertainment fee" is $200. Which means 2000 customers on a sell-out x 200 = $400,000. He might make money off booze sales, but still....definitely under a million bucks he has to wrangle bands with.

When you consider that (in my opinion) every cruise lineup has been better than Wacken's since WOA 2007, and that Wacken has 80,000 x $300 = 24 MILLION DOLLARS budget, Andy is doing an amazing job twisting some arms to get some great bands onbroad. Even if you argue that Wacken's setup with 5 separate stages, vendors, staffing etc take up 20 MILLION DOLLARS, which it doesn't, Andy comes out way, way ahead in bang for the buck.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:48 am

Speaking of money, Brian from Vicious Rumors told me he only made $50 for dong the cruise in 2012
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:50 pm

alex_canada wrote:Look at the small print on the ticket contract....most of that money goes to RC, not UMC. I believe the "entertainment fee" is $200. Which means 2000 customers on a sell-out x 200 = $400,000. He might make money off booze sales, but still....definitely under a million bucks he has to wrangle bands with.

I don't believe this figure unless Andy has made a horrible deal with RC. Right now, they are offering a 4-night cruise Miami to CocoCay to Miami for $129 (interior cabin) $189 (outside cabin).
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:10 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:Speaking of money, Brian from Vicious Rumors told me he only made $50 for dong the cruise in 2012

He did what?
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:34 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:Speaking of money, Brian from Vicious Rumors told me he only made $50 for dong the cruise in 2012

He only made $50 for playing the cruise. So take that for what its worth
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:17 pm

alex_canada wrote:Look at the small print on the ticket contract....most of that money goes to RC, not UMC. I believe the "entertainment fee" is $200. Which means 2000 customers on a sell-out x 200 = $400,000.

The parties agree that the consideration for the entertainment portion of the Cruise
    including performance by all musicians on board during the Cruise shall be the sum of
    USD 200.00. The remaining consideration paid by each Guest for the Cruise shall be
    allocated to the ship passage portion including stateroom and meals.

They make Money with Booze, but accumulate that with the Money for NOT buying Perfumes and all that Shit and not much Land Tours.....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:33 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:

I'm pretty good friends with Brian and I can verify that. Most of the bands I talked to said that aside from a bucket of beers they received very miniscule amounts of cash.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Sun Sep 22, 2013 2:38 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
    Metaladdict187 wrote:

I'm pretty good friends with Brian and I can verify that. Most of the bands I talked to said that aside from a bucket of beers they received very miniscule amounts of cash.

Talking to Vicious Rumors before departure they said they charged the same amount of money as for other concerts. Maybe majority of the booking money went into band's cabins, etc.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:09 pm

Vicious Rumors never make money on U.S. fests. That's why they play Europe more than the U.S. Brian being local over here doesn't help things because he knows the scene alright. The last time Vicious Rumors played here...it was a disaster. The promoter had no idea what she was doing. We'll be lucky to have them again.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:17 pm

i was talking to Paul Mazurkiewicz from Cannibal Corpse on the 2012 cruise and he told me that what they got was a free vacation and $100 credit per band member on the ship to spend on booze and whatnot. No cash.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:40 pm

onenight wrote:i was talking to Paul Mazurkiewicz from Cannibal Corpse on the 2012 cruise and he told me that what they got was a free vacation and $100 credit per band member on the ship to spend on booze and whatnot. No cash.

Brisn also said everyone was pissed cause theybgot checks, and had no where to cash them.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:42 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Vicious Rumors never make money on U.S. fests. That's why they play Europe more than the U.S. Brian being local over here doesn't help things because he knows the scene alright. The last time Vicious Rumors played here...it was a disaster. The promoter had no idea what she was doing. We'll be lucky to have them again.

When they were first announced, most of the people here were "What is this European band I've never heard of?"

They're touring USA right now (or are about to begin).
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:39 am

Metaladdict187 wrote:

I was thinking of the 50 bucks he earned for using his dong.
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:34 am

meshuggah wrote:I know first hand that several bands have reached out to UMC and their communications are being ignored. One I spoke with earlier this week is quite perturbed, as they filled in on BTH at the last minute as a favor to Andy, and now UMC can't even give them a response.

I had spoken to one band at Noctis this past weekend and I had asked if they would do another cruise. Said they'd been emailing and trying to get on for this year but have been brushed off and getting slap-stick copy/paste responses from his "minions". Was also fairly damn comical and yet at the same time saddening to hear the band member say "yeah we were checking out the website and saw that there hasn't been an announcement since Carcass which was in May I think. That's not normal for festivals and causes a bit of concern".

Out of hope that they would remain interested in the cruise I told him to be patient since most bookings happen within two months of the cruise. Which is true. And also, really pathetic. Its really boiling my blood that bands are getting treated like this too (especially with so few announced).
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:18 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:I know first hand that several bands have reached out to UMC and their communications are being ignored. One I spoke with earlier this week is quite perturbed, as they filled in on BTH at the last minute as a favor to Andy, and now UMC can't even give them a response.

I had spoken to one band at Noctis this past weekend and I had asked if they would do another cruise. Said they'd been emailing and trying to get on for this year but have been brushed off and getting slap-stick copy/paste responses from his "minions". Was also fairly damn comical and yet at the same time saddening to hear the band member say "yeah we were checking out the website and saw that there hasn't been an announcement since Carcass which was in May I think. That's not normal for festivals and causes a bit of concern".

Out of hope that they would remain interested in the cruise I told him to be patient since most bookings happen within two months of the cruise. Which is true. And also, really pathetic. Its really boiling my blood that bands are getting treated like this too (especially with so few announced).

Very smart on not naming the band. The thing about the band that Marlo is talking about is that they're not small potatoes, they're a fairly big legendary band to. I don't understand why anyone would give them the brush off. Another thing I've been hearing from bands is that some are trying to get on, but they're booked over a year in advance. Seems doubtful at first, but it's two completely different sources saying the same thing. Makes me wonder that it's probably true. There is no point into holding back like this, nobody benefits from this, and this needs to stop. :bitch:
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Sep 23, 2013 7:58 am

seems like a classic case of passive aggressive behavior - especially, the longer this goes on
Post Reply 432 posts