CIVIL WAR - 2014 band suggestion
  • korpens-saga
    Oiler

CIVIL WAR - 2014 band suggestion

by korpens-saga » Fri May 03, 2013 3:44 pm

Hey guys, kickass band suggestion here!

CIVIL WAR
    http://www.civilwar.se/

They're the new project from ex-SABATON members and they're awesome. First single was out in 2013, their first full album comes out this year. I'll let the music do the talking!

http://youtu.be/pTBDFJUj6vw
    http://youtu.be/qeUSx9yuDQE

They're signed on Despotz Records right now. I've contacted their manager there to let them know of the cruise and they're stoked!! The manager is in the process of contacting CIVIL WAR's booker to let him know, and so am I. So far the response from the band is very enthusiastic.
    And damn, they're ex-SABATON, and anyone who's been in 70000 tons in 2011 and 2013 knows just how these guys can be fucking crazy and have fun.
    :shred: Give it a listen!
    Last edited by korpens-saga on Fri May 03, 2013 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2012 - Deck 10
    2013 - 1574
    2014 - 9538
    2015 - 9589
    2016 - 6529
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: CIVIL WAR - 2014 band suggestion

by cowboy71 » Fri May 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Fuck yes - if we cannot have Sabaton two years in a row I would LOVE to have Civil War on broad!!!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri May 03, 2013 4:50 pm

:|

Suspicion: aroused
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • korpens-saga
    Oiler

by korpens-saga » Fri May 03, 2013 4:58 pm

I've been reading the forum for a while but I never thought of joining before since I'm not a fan of forums usually, but now with Civil War's album coming out soon and my chat with the label I was just excited to talk about it and see if anyone would like them on the boat as well~ Is being worked up about a band a bad thing to you? Sorry if that offended you! :/ That wasn't the point. Just trying to be friendly here ^^''
    2012 - Deck 10
    2013 - 1574
    2014 - 9538
    2015 - 9589
    2016 - 6529
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri May 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Not offended at all - if you were as obviously with the band as others (other bands) have been in the past I wouldn't have responded. Welcome to the forums. I'd rather see NPJ in Wuthering Heights though.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
  • korpens-saga
    Oiler

by korpens-saga » Fri May 03, 2013 5:27 pm

I'm not affiliated with any band. Just a poor fan here XD I guess I wish I knew the guys from Civil War though because they seem freaking fun. Anyways, thanks for the welcome~ :viking:
    2012 - Deck 10
    2013 - 1574
    2014 - 9538
    2015 - 9589
    2016 - 6529
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri May 03, 2013 5:41 pm

Obviously half of the guys in the band would know of the cruise already as they were still with Sabaton when they were on broad in 2011.

Really would be a two-setter for sure if they got added to the lineup :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri May 03, 2013 6:59 pm

I say UMC's new policy should be to have Sabaton and Civil War alternate as the house band.

Also, keep giving space to Fabio, Snowy, Jeff and (now) Michael. :bangers:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat May 04, 2013 5:41 am

I do not hear the resemblance between the two.

Kidding. I would catch a few songs.
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Sat May 04, 2013 6:18 am

alex_canada wrote:Posts: 1

:|

Suspicion: aroused

At least its not a post about a kitchen!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat May 04, 2013 9:59 am

Pointless band.Why did they all leave Sabaton just to write Sabaton songs with a different vocalist? :roll:
    They should atleast make an effort to change the style to suit the new vocalist.They don't flow together at all.It's horrible.And i love his stuff with Astral Doors and Lions Share.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat May 04, 2013 3:05 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Pointless band.Why did they all leave Sabaton just to write Sabaton songs with a different vocalist? :roll:

My understanding of the situation was that they wanted more creative input into the band and Par/Joakim wouldn't let them. For all we know, they probably had a bunch of songs written for Sabaton and those two wouldn't use them so they decided to split and form their own band.

It seems perfectly logical that they would want to make music in a similar style.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Mon May 06, 2013 7:11 am

I really like their new stuff and would love them onbroad.
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon May 06, 2013 7:33 am

Sabaton of Fire?

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon May 06, 2013 7:35 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Pointless band.Why did they all leave Sabaton just to write Sabaton songs with a different vocalist? :roll:

My understanding of the situation was that they wanted more creative input into the band and Par/Joakim wouldn't let them. For all we know, they probably had a bunch of songs written for Sabaton and those two wouldn't use them so they decided to split and form their own band.

It seems perfectly logical that they would want to make music in a similar style.

Yeah that's exactly my thoughts too.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Mon May 06, 2013 10:44 am

a big YES to this - Civil War is awesome!!!!!!! I could care less if they have a Sabaton sound. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sabaton and so anything similar is A OK in my book :)

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon May 06, 2013 2:46 pm

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:a big YES to this - Civil War is awesome!!!!!!! I could care less if they have a Sabaton sound. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sabaton and so anything similar is A OK in my book :)

^Exactly!!!! :bangers:

--
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue May 07, 2013 1:34 pm

alex_canada wrote:I'd rather see NPJ in Wuthering Heights though.

Nils Patrik Johansson is their vocalist?
    sterio OFF
    youtube ON

---and yes, I'd rather see him with Wuthering Heights (or Astral Doors)

X-Thor wrote:Sabaton of Fire?

:mrgreen:
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue May 07, 2013 1:37 pm

last_candle wrote:Nils Patrik Johansson is their vocalist?
    sterio OFF
    youtube ON

---and yes, I'd rather see him with Wuthering Heights (or Astral Doors)

Wasn't going to bother checking them out either until now. In a total power metal mood and listening to a bunch of stuff I've been meaning to and haven't before (Highlord, Supreme Majesty, Excalion, Highland Glory, etc.) but I guess this now jumps to the top of the queue.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue May 07, 2013 1:39 pm

sounds blunt and uninspired - maybe I just don't like the production, but those backing vocals during "Universe" just don't match the lead vocals
    but it could very well be that I'd get into it if I gave it a few spins

---I'm definitely curious to see if they get any recognition/success...

EDIT: I'm going to be at their debut show (SRF) - so, I'll have to listen to the album a few times after all :)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Tue May 07, 2013 2:16 pm

Gave 'I Will Rule The Universe' a listen. I like it, really like NPJ on vocals. I support their being on broad.
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed May 08, 2013 10:39 am

Ecliptica wrote:Gave 'I Will Rule The Universe' a listen. I like it, really like NPJ on vocals. I support their being on broad.

:headbanger:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
Post Reply 22 posts Page 1 of 1