Post Reply 144 posts
Location Voting
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

Location Voting

by Krys » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:52 am

So, I'm curious to know what forumites are hoping for as our port of call in 2014? Voting is still probably months away... but there's a few places that I think can be ruled out:

Key West (not much of a trip)
    Cuba (Obvious reasons, the embargo)
    Jamaica (We don't have the juice to go that far? Think I read that on here so, correct me if this is wrong.)

And dare I say Cozumel, because not too many people care to go back a 2nd time... I've never been there but I've heard it's a concrete jungle loaded with irritating venders. I doubt if we're going there this year, but I wont scratch it off the list right away.

I'd be happy to end up in any of the following places:

Berry Islands (Cococay, Little Stirrup Cay)
    Belize City
    Labadee, Haiti
    Grand Turk
    Cayman Islands (Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, Cayman Brac)
    Cancun (maybe)

These are also options too:

Mobile and Galveston are possible too, I guess... but I can't imagine those being top picks :lol:
    Last edited by Krys on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: Location Voting

by Stained Class » Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:18 am

Can't do Key West because that makes it an internal transportation, which takes a completely different set of paperwork. And yeah Cuba is out and so is Jamaica until we get a new ship. I'm hoping for Labadee, Haiti. There's potential there for having bands playing on shore!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:01 am

Bands playing on shore sounds nice - BUT I did really LOVE Grand Turk - being able to relax and get drunk on the beach. It definitely helped me make it through the rest of the trip : )

I'm down to go anywehre though - It always ends up being a good time no matter what!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:15 am

It's not where you go, it's who you're with!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:18 am

Rum Cay sounds tasty.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:36 am

Stained Class wrote:Can't do Key West because that makes it an internal transportation, which takes a completely different set of paperwork. And yeah Cuba is out and so is Jamaica until we get a new ship.

Ahhh... thanks for the explanation. Some 'lands bands' would be a fun addition for 2014.

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:Bands playing on shore sounds nice - BUT I did really LOVE Grand Turk - being able to relax and get drunk on the beach. It definitely helped me make it through the rest of the trip : )

I'm down to go anywehre though - It always ends up being a good time no matter what!

Frankly, at the end of January when I'm starting my second semester of college I think just landing in Miami for vacation is going to feel amazing. I fully support this statement. NEARLY ANY PLACE WARM SOUNDS GREAT .

NuuX wrote:Rum Cay sounds tasty.

Wiki says:

Rum Cay (formerly known as Mamana and Santa Maria de la Concepción) is an island and district of the Bahamas. It measures 30 square miles in area, it is located at Lat.: N23 42' 30" - Long.: W 74 50' 00". It has many rolling hills that rise to about 120 feet (37 m). The island is believed to have acquired its modern name from a shipwrecked cargo of rum. The main settlement is Port Nelson. Its population was recorded as 53 in the 1990 census. Before 1996 the island was part of a combined district of San Salvador and Rum Cay.

Deep reefs and drop-offs surround this former pirates’ haven. There is staghorn coral at Summer Point Reef and diving at Pinder’s Point. At the Grand Canyon, 60-foot coral walls almost reach the surface. Sumner Point Marina has dockage, fuel, moorings, WiFi, bar and restaurant. There is a small guesthouse available from former Constable Ted Bain. The Last Chance Yacht Supply has groceries. Batelco office for phone calls closes at lunchtime. Yachts wait here before sailing to Mayaguana or the Turks and Caicos Islands, or before returning to Georgetown and points north.

Looks like great surfing and probably scuba diving spot too. Doubt we'll end up there, but wow its a nice little island :oops:

Stained Class wrote: I'm hoping for Labadee, Haiti. There's potential there for having bands playing on shore!

Labadee looks absolutely beautiful. Not to mention there's loads to do:

-Lovely beaches
    -Ziplining
    -Water park
    -Temps generally in the high 90's
    -Marketplace (very high pressure for sales though!)
    -Artisan Market
    -Jet ski rentals
    -Snorkeling
    -Labadoosie beverages
    -Bananaboating

2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:30 am

For me it's easy. My top destination is Grand Turk

Berry Islands (Cococay, little stirrup Cay) -YES, though it's is soooooo close to Miami & very crowded with cruisers all the time. Besides, it's extremaly expensive.
    Belize City - NO, too far
    Labadee, Haiti - NO, I can't take any anti malaria drugs, which means I would have to stay locked in my cabin while there
    Grand Turk - YES
    Cayman Islands (Grand Cayman, Little Cayman, Cayman Brac) - maybe. Old Lady Majesty had to go very fast and we had issues with ship moving too much. I thought I was drunk beyond my normal "drunkness"
    Cancun (maybe) - NO
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:50 am

Grand Turk would be fine with me.

-Beaches
    -Bars
    -Snorkeling (Horseshoe Reef and Round Cay.)
    -ziplining
    -kayaking
    -hiking (I'd love to go hiking if I have the energy!)
    -horseback riding
    -No pushy vendors
    -Rum Punch (a concoction of coconut rum, dark rum, pineapple and orange juices, and grenadine)
    -National Museum
    -Grand Turk Lighthouse

Found this little nugget of info too:

If your ship is in town past sunset, look for the "green flash," a phenomena that occurs when the color of the sun changes from red or orange to green or blue just as it dips below the earth's surface. It isn't indigenous to the islands, but due to atmospheric conditions it's seldom seen in the Caribbean (or anywhere else for that matter). Don't blink -- it happens quickly!

2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:05 pm

For something new, I think Labadee would be a lot of fun. Those ziplines look amazing. If we get a repeat (fitting given the cruise lineup so far) my vote would be to return to Cockburn.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:06 pm

If it's a repeat, anything but Cozumel!
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:33 pm

Cockburn was by far the most fun I had as far as the destinations have been. If we end up there again, I will not be complaining!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:46 pm

Also saw the singer from Delain in a bikini...
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Pyramus
    Crewman

by Pyramus » Thu Jun 06, 2013 4:52 pm

What the... Alex_Canada wasn't I with you on the island? How on earth did you not point out the Delain singer in a bikini to me! I missed it!

Oh, and I'm definitely voting against Grand Turk next year if it's an option... fun place but I don't want to go to same place two years in a row.
    2013 Survivor, 2014 booked.
    Apocalyptica - Tristania - Nemesea - Dark Tranquillity - Lacuna Coil - Arch Enemy
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:51 pm

alex_canada wrote:Also saw the singer from Delain in a bikini...

.. and that beautiful violinist from lingua mortis orchestra
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:37 pm

Captain Alex wrote:

I MISSED BOTH!! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri Jun 07, 2013 5:01 am

viathyn wrote:Cockburn was by far the most fun I had as far as the destinations have been. If we end up there again, I will not be complaining!

agree!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:49 am

X-Thor wrote:
    Captain Alex wrote:

I MISSED BOTH!! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

At least you got off the ship :?
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Fri Jun 07, 2013 7:17 am

Hmmm so I just figured out that Little Stirrup Cay is Coco Cay... :oops: :mrgreen: D'oh, sorry about that. :stagger:

Great Stirrup and Cistern Cay are out too as they don't belong to RCI.

Wiki:
    Little Stirrup Cay is leased by Royal Caribbean International, which calls it Coco Cay, and acts as a private island for tropical activities engaged in by visitors on its cruise ships of the Royal Caribbean and Celebrity Cruises labels.
    Great Stirrup Cay is owned by Norwegian Cruise Line and is used for similar purposes.
    Cistern Cay is a private island located next to Great Harbour Cay.

EDIT: As a first timer, I have no clue what to expect so bear with me if I'm posting what might seem obvious to veteran cruisers :ugeek:
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Jun 07, 2013 10:48 am

Pyramus wrote:What the... Alex_Canada wasn't I with you on the island? How on earth did you not point out the Delain singer in a bikini to me! I missed it!

Oh, and I'm definitely voting against Grand Turk next year if it's an option... fun place but I don't want to go to same place two years in a row.

In the later part of the day, I walked to the far right (if you're on the pier facing toward the island) until the point for some swimming. Found a car door and some assorted goodies underwater, as well as the singer relaxing on a secluded part of the beach. She was obviously at that location to escape the crowds, so I'd feel guilty if I bothered her.
    Pyramus
    Crewman

by Pyramus » Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:00 pm

alex_canada wrote:
    Pyramus wrote:What the... Alex_Canada wasn't I with you on the island? How on earth did you not point out the Delain singer in a bikini to me! I missed it!

In the later part of the day, I walked to the far right (if you're on the pier facing toward the island) until the point for some swimming. Found a car door and some assorted goodies underwater, as well as the singer relaxing on a secluded part of the beach. She was obviously at that location to escape the crowds, so I'd feel guilty if I bothered her.

Cool glad you had fun swimming... :)

Yeah I would have felt bad about approaching her too if she was secluded like that.
    Apocalyptica - Tristania - Nemesea - Dark Tranquillity - Lacuna Coil - Arch Enemy
  • Mindcrime
    Petty Officer

by Mindcrime » Fri Jun 07, 2013 1:20 pm

Does any one know when voting might be?
    scyll
    Petty Officer

by scyll » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:55 pm

Mindcrime wrote:Does any one know when voting might be?

In the near future. Soon. In the next days/weeks. Between 1 and 234 days from now.

Who knows! ;-)

For my part, I would like to go somewhere we haven't been to yet. If we have to choose bewtween places we have already visited, I would probably choose Cockburn Town!
    ttiger
    Crewman

by ttiger » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:06 pm

Is Maho beach in St. Maarten a possible option?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCIJ0F62og4

Within temptation, Deathstars, BABYMETAL, Draconian, Diablo Swing Orchestra, OOmph, Megahertz, Dimmu Borgir, Eisbreche, Pain, HEAVENWOOD, HIM, Dope Stars Inc., Ram-Zet, After Forever, The Birthday Massacre, The 69 eyes, Turmion Kätilöt
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:14 pm

St. Maarten would be sweet, but way too far
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Fri Jun 07, 2013 3:17 pm

The 70k webpage just says we get to vote in July, so who knows?

Announcements have slowed to a crawl too... feels kinda like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHNJPsCDSqo :cry:

And yeah, St. Maarten is pretty far.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:44 am

Krys wrote:
    Announcements have slowed to a crawl too...

It's normal speed of announcing, so no worry. We did not hit the record waiting, yet.

I am sure someone keeps tracking the waiting times :viking:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:08 am

So, anyone else thinks this will be the long announcement drought of the year?

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:34 am

Grand Turk for me! Hanging with the Aussies and drunk Germans trying to get girls to go topless in the bar. Watching the bars change from top 40 and dance music to Slayer and Pantera . No beggers or vendors, nice people and the best beach I have ever been to.

Nice that we were the only folks there, and looked after Sabatons' bags, etc while they were in the water. Joakim was fucked up !! :lol:

:pound: I really enjoyed Cayman as well. I could have spent a lot of money in the watch boutiques!
    Ended up at the Hard Rock and met a couple of guys from our cruise, just hanging out --the servers LOVED us and wished we came beck every week!

:headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:23 pm

X-Thor wrote:So, anyone else thinks this will be the long announcement drought of the year?

I hope so, and I hope that the announcement-model follows a similar path to year 1.

The first cruise the longest break between band announcements was also over June (From May 26 to July 1). Announcements tended to follow a similar pattern, of a break of a week or two between each (apart from the long break of course).

Second cruise there were 3 really big gaps - 38 days after the first bands, 40 days in July/August, and 52 days in Oct/Nov. Then, we had numerous occasions where there were bands announced only a day or two apart.

This year we had a 60 day gap in Aug/Sep, and 40 days in Nov/Dec. And then that ridiculous hopefully never-to-be-repeated situation of a dozen bands getting added to the lineup in the last few days :roll:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:28 pm

I really don't care about the destination as I'm almost sure the places I wanted to go are ruled out..

Rivendell
    Valhalla
    Pandora
    Naboo
    Asgard

I love the way the topic always is fogotten following the same alternative discution every time someone mention those places haha :P
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:19 am

Captain Alex wrote:I really don't care about the destination as I'm almost sure the places I wanted to go are ruled out..

Rivendell
    Valhalla
    Pandora
    Naboo
    Asgard

I love the way the topic always is fogotten following the same alternative discution every time someone mention those places haha :P

Vallhalla is redundant since it's part of Ásgard.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:45 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:So, anyone else thinks this will be the long announcement drought of the year?

I hope so, and I hope that the announcement-model follows a similar path to year 1.

The first cruise the longest break between band announcements was also over June (From May 26 to July 1). Announcements tended to follow a similar pattern, of a break of a week or two between each (apart from the long break of course).

Second cruise there were 3 really big gaps - 38 days after the first bands, 40 days in July/August, and 52 days in Oct/Nov. Then, we had numerous occasions where there were bands announced only a day or two apart.

This year we had a 60 day gap in Aug/Sep, and 40 days in Nov/Dec. And then that ridiculous hopefully never-to-be-repeated situation of a dozen bands getting added to the lineup in the last few days :roll:

Wow. Okay. I agree about the last 12 bands... let's hope they don't announce those so close to cruise time in 2014. I can't imagine getting to Florida and not knowing the last ten acts.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:36 am

Krys wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:

Wow. Okay. I agree about the last 12 bands... let's hope they don't announce those so close to cruise time in 2014. I can't imagine getting to Florida and not knowing the last ten acts.

Hehe, maybe you should get used to the idea... :P

--
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:36 am

Could also be fun anticipating announcements while en route too :heavydrink:.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    Pyramus
    Crewman

by Pyramus » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:50 am

Krys wrote:Could also be fun anticipating announcements while en route too :heavydrink:.

I hate the late announcements because you don't have an opportunity to bring merch to be signed for those bands because you're already in Miami when they announce them. I was a little annoyed last year because I was in Miami for the last 5 or so bands.
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Tue Jun 11, 2013 1:45 pm

Having read a couple of pros and cons the decision has been made: Grand Turk :viking:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:08 pm

Can`t really go wrong with Margaritaville, swim up bar and beach within minutes of the boat. Perfect destination if you happen to wake up really late in the day and still want to get some beach time in. You can also do stingray swims, snorkeling, tours of the island are like 16$ round trip I hear. Things are generally clean, no peddlers, but depending on the tourists I`m sure the popular places must get a little Wal-Marty (if you get my drift). Don`t forget your sunscreen.

2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:10 pm

Yup, that was it!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jun 11, 2013 2:27 pm

Krys wrote: but depending on the tourists I`m sure the popular places must get a little Wal-Marty (if you get my drift). Don`t forget your sunscreen.

Actually not really. It's a really small island and there was only one boat in so as far as I could tell the only people on the island were locals and metalheads. One thing I thorougly enjoyed about it :deathmetal:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:05 pm

I also reallllly enjoyed not having to wait for a boat shuttle. Even though I like Caymans more, I'd take Turks just for being able to walk off the boat.
  • Post Reply 144 posts