Post Reply 144 posts
Location Voting
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Location Voting

by Krys » Tue Jun 11, 2013 4:51 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    Krys wrote: but depending on the tourists I`m sure the popular places must get a little Wal-Marty (if you get my drift). Don`t forget your sunscreen.

Actually not really. It's a really small island and there was only one boat in so as far as I could tell the only people on the island were locals and metalheads. One thing I thorougly enjoyed about it :deathmetal:

Will we be so lucky next time though? If that`s the case AWESOME :mrgreen:.

alex_canada wrote:I also reallllly enjoyed not having to wait for a boat shuttle. Even though I like Caymans more, I'd take Turks just for being able to walk off the boat.

That would be a huge factor in my willingness to drag myself off the boat and sacrifice valuable nap time.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 5:13 pm

I had booked a snorkeling expedition early wednesday morning. Of course, I woke up hungover as hell and totally missed it. Next year I'll just sleep and then find a place to drink. :bangers:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:18 pm

Stained Class wrote:Can't do Key West because that makes it an internal transportation, which takes a completely different set of paperwork. And yeah Cuba is out and so is Jamaica until we get a new ship. I'm hoping for Labadee, Haiti. There's potential there for having bands playing on shore!

Why a new ship for Jamaica? I know this is the last year for the Majesty, but is she allergic to Jamaica though?
    \
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:25 pm

Metaladdict187 wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Can't do Key West because that makes it an internal transportation, which takes a completely different set of paperwork. And yeah Cuba is out and so is Jamaica until we get a new ship. I'm hoping for Labadee, Haiti. There's potential there for having bands playing on shore!

Why a new ship for Jamaica? I know this is the last year for the Majesty, but is she allergic to Jamaica though?
    \

Jamaica is too far for the Majesty to reach given the length of our trip. We would barely have any time in port before having to leave.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:32 pm

Makes sense, never thought of it that way.
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:05 pm

Yeah, one day would make all the difference!
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    Metal1529
    Oiler

by Metal1529 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:27 pm

To be honest, we would probably cancel if it was Grand Turk again. I find it depressing to hear that the other places were even less interesting? Is that really possible? We expected to find complaints on the forum about how boring Grand Turk was. Lot of trash everywhere too.

We rented a car, saw literally everything on the island, the shops, the grocery store, the light house, the national museum (officially the least informative museum in the world), the outside of all the historic houses (can't enter any), and old abandoned boat/shell museum (just a pile of tourist trash now), we sat at a bar and had drinks and food (good food, I'll say that but it turned out to be run by Americans), and after 2.5 hours we were done and came back to the artificial "might as well be in America" village by the cruise ship. What's the point of traveling somewhere if you only want to hang out in an American tourist trap fake village?
    Survivor:
    70K 2013 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578
    70K 2014 - Deck 10, Cabin 1578

Wish list: Rhapsody of Fire, LT's Rhapsody, Heidevolk, In Extremo, Dragonforce, Seventh Wonder, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:09 pm

Metal1529 wrote:To be honest, we would probably cancel if it was Grand Turk again. I find it depressing to hear that the other places were even less interesting? Is that really possible? We expected to find complaints on the forum about how boring Grand Turk was. Lot of trash everywhere too.

We rented a car, saw literally everything on the island, the shops, the grocery store, the light house, the national museum (officially the least informative museum in the world), the outside of all the historic houses (can't enter any), and old abandoned boat/shell museum (just a pile of tourist trash now), we sat at a bar and had drinks and food (good food, I'll say that but it turned out to be run by Americans), and after 2.5 hours we were done and came back to the artificial "might as well be in America" village by the cruise ship. What's the point of traveling somewhere if you only want to hang out in an American tourist trap fake village?

You missed all the fun at the beach. :bangers: :bangers:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Metal1529
    Oiler

by Metal1529 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:16 pm

But I can lie on a beach with friends at home! When I travel I'd rather see things and learn about the places I'm visiting. Was there really even less to do at previous destinations?
    Survivor:

Wish list: Rhapsody of Fire, LT's Rhapsody, Heidevolk, In Extremo, Dragonforce, Seventh Wonder, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:18 pm

There was plenty to do at the other destinations, but the local vendors were a hassle (Nassau was the absolute worst) and everything comes with a price. For me, I'm usually too tired from the first two nights of music to be able to spend all day at the destination. I'm on the trip for the metal more than the destination. Can take a normal cruise to do the excursion stuff, so the area close to the port is more important in my ratings.

Cozumel - Can't go 5 feet without somebody trying to sell you something. A trip to the mainland would be great (would love to see Tulum) but it's a bit of a trip to pull it off.

Grand Cayman - Getting off of the ship and back on was a hassle. Had to hop in a small boat to get onto the land since the ships can't park directly on the shore. Once on land, it wasn't too bad. It was easy to get around, though annoying that the shuttle buses wouldn't move until they were full.

Nassau - Awful experience. The locals were extremely pushy trying to sell their wares and I had to even slap one's hand away from me to get her to back off.

Grand Turk - It was clean at the port, accessible, no pushy merchants and it was an easy walk to hit up the beach and just relax. Shit, I even went swimming! I never go swimming!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jun 11, 2013 9:51 pm

Metal1529 wrote:To be honest, we would probably cancel if it was Grand Turk again. I find it depressing to hear that the other places were even less interesting? Is that really possible? We expected to find complaints on the forum about how boring Grand Turk was. Lot of trash everywhere too.

Yeah I think most of us liked it because we don't have that luxury the rest of the time. It was like a private beach party and it was warm and by an ocean, so... Cool. I think most people would also say the destination is really not a factor in booking. Too bad you had such a poor experience though! Maybe if we do go back you should try the same approach the rest of us did!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Metal1529
    Oiler

by Metal1529 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:44 pm

Stained Class wrote:\Maybe if we do go back you should try the same approach the rest of us did!

Probably will, if we do end up going :) I guess we can have more of the awesome coconut shrimp at the cafe in town. I'm hoping we might try one of the other new destinations suggested though!
    Survivor:

Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:51 pm

Tortuga :mrgreen:
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:50 am

I wouldn't say that the other places were less interesting. This is going to be my first time cruising the Caribbean, but from what I'm reading in the reviews, blogs, tripadvisor and cruisecritic - every stop has it's own unique flavor.

We rented a car, saw literally everything on the island, the shops, the grocery store, the light house, the national museum (officially the least informative museum in the world), the outside of all the historic houses (can't enter any), and old abandoned boat/shell museum (just a pile of tourist trash now), we sat at a bar and had drinks and food (good food, I'll say that but it turned out to be run by Americans), and after 2.5 hours we were done and came back to the artificial "might as well be in America" village by the cruise ship.

The tour of the island is a short one but I found that out from simple research at home - no surprises there. Seeing the whole island in less than 3 hours might actually be a benefit for me because I tend to be an early riser. I can tour the island first, then come back to the mini USA village beach/bar and still have time to enjoy sunshine, swimming plus the drunken company of our late-rising comrades Image

I can be such a loner... but that's NOT happening on this cruise. I'm going to be in someone's business at all times. Image

Why not have another friend in this life?

What's the point of traveling somewhere if you only want to hang out in an American tourist trap fake village?
    ?

I hear ya, but remember this isn't a typical cruise. I definitely am not booking based on our destination... I can't even really say I booked for the bands because when I booked we only knew 6/40 of them at the time. I'm here for the party, the people and my love of heavy metal. The journey matters more than the destination in this case. All I can think about is how achy, hungry, thirsty, tired and sore I'll be from non-stop metal concerts - so I'm trying to see the destination day for what it is - a recovery day on a tropical island!

I definitely can't just hit the beach when I feel like it in Ottawa, so I'm going to have a blast taking a break from winter!

There was plenty to do at the other destinations, but the local vendors were a hassle (Nassau was the absolute worst) and everything comes with a price. For me, I'm usually too tired from the first two nights of music to be able to spend all day at the destination. I'm on the trip for the metal more than the destination. Can take a normal cruise to do the excursion stuff, so the area close to the port is more important in my ratings.

EXACTLY!

Cozumel - Can't go 5 feet without somebody trying to sell you something. A trip to the mainland would be great (would love to see Tulum) but it's a bit of a trip to pull it off.

Grand Cayman - Getting off of the ship and back on was a hassle. Had to hop in a small boat to get onto the land since the ships can't park directly on the shore. Once on land, it wasn't too bad. It was easy to get around, though annoying that the shuttle buses wouldn't move until they were full.

Nassau - Awful experience. The locals were extremely pushy trying to sell their wares and I had to even slap one's hand away from me to get her to back off.

Grand Turk - It was clean at the port, accessible, no pushy merchants and it was an easy walk to hit up the beach and just relax. Shit, I even went swimming! I never go swimming!

Out of all of the above, I'll take the one without venders chasing me up the street.
2014 - Cabin 4537!
2015 - Cabin 6471!
2016 - ???
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:45 am

Krys wrote:

I wouldn't say that the other places were less interesting. This is going to be my first time cruising the Caribbean, but from what I'm reading in the reviews, blogs, tripadvisor and cruisecritic - every stop has it's own unique flavor.

We rented a car, saw literally everything on the island, the shops, the grocery store, the light house, the national museum (officially the least informative museum in the world), the outside of all the historic houses (can't enter any), and old abandoned boat/shell museum (just a pile of tourist trash now), we sat at a bar and had drinks and food (good food, I'll say that but it turned out to be run by Americans), and after 2.5 hours we were done and came back to the artificial "might as well be in America" village by the cruise ship.

The tour of the island is a short one but I found that out from simple research at home - no surprises there. Seeing the whole island in less than 3 hours might actually be a benefit for me because I tend to be an early riser. I can tour the island first, then come back to the mini USA village beach/bar and still have time to enjoy sunshine, swimming plus the drunken company of our late-rising comrades Image

I can be such a loner... but that's NOT happening on this cruise. I'm going to be in someone's business at all times. Image

Why not have another friend in this life?

What's the point of traveling somewhere if you only want to hang out in an American tourist trap fake village?
    ?

I hear ya, but remember this isn't a typical cruise. I definitely am not booking based on our destination... I can't even really say I booked for the bands because when I booked we only knew 6/40 of them at the time. I'm here for the party, the people and my love of heavy metal. The journey matters more than the destination in this case. All I can think about is how achy, hungry, thirsty, tired and sore I'll be from non-stop metal concerts - so I'm trying to see the destination day for what it is - a recovery day on a tropical island!

I definitely can't just hit the beach when I feel like it in Ottawa, so I'm going to have a blast taking a break from winter!

EXACTLY!

Out of all of the above, I'll take the one without venders chasing me up the street.

THIS.
  • 70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)

--
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jun 12, 2013 12:55 pm

Labadee, Haiti
    Grand Turk

those are right off the boat, no tenders, no locals harrassing you. i've been to both of these places, and they are both the nicest islands i've seen in my 6 total Caribbean cruises. Cozumel and Nassau were run down looking and way too full of salespeople begging me to buy shit. BOO
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Wed Jun 12, 2013 1:06 pm

Speedy wrote:Tortuga :mrgreen:

YES
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:18 pm

any destination with a boat shuttle or a name called "Cozumel" is out of the discussion for me - grand Turks got all I need -> I wouldn't mind going back
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Mindcrime
    Petty Officer

by Mindcrime » Wed Jun 12, 2013 5:20 pm

Better to be the only ship in port or one of two than have 6 other ships in Grand Cayman.

I went to Grand Turk on a regular cruise and loved it. We went to a small resort down the island and there were only about 20 people there. Nice, quiet, beutiful, indoor and outdoor resturant. They had conch chowder and fried conch fritters that looked and smelled awesome. Of course we were too cheap to pay for food there and waited till we got back to the boat to eat.

Ditto the comments on Nassau. I hated it. Scarie to have big gates and guards with guns outside! We had went to Atlantis and weren't that impressed for the price. We only did the tour but they ran us through so fast it was like a race. (Didn't help we were with a kid who was pitching a fit).

I would love to get some "rest" in the middle of the cruise on Grand Turk. On 70,000 tons #2 our shore excursion got cancelled in Grand Cayman because the boat arrived late (slow boat fighting the current) and then there was that HUGE line of people waiting for tenders. We decided to stay on the ship and hang out at the pool.
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:16 am

Metal1529 wrote:To be honest, we would probably cancel if it was Grand Turk again.

I don't get it.
    I thought that you go on a metal cruise for bands, fun & making new friends.
    If you want to explore different destinations I would suggest to go on a regular cruise.
    I would never even think of canceling 70.000 TOM because of one port stop. I really don't care what destination it will be as long as I can enjoy party with all of you guys and listen to my music.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:29 am

I don't care where we will go. The main thing for me is the music. In my opinion exploring an island in one day is by far too short. Perhaps we make a short jump in the sea and then we go back on board.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Sherlock
    Oiler

by Sherlock » Thu Jun 13, 2013 4:22 am

jodionline wrote:I don't care where we will go. The main thing for me is the music. In my opinion exploring an island in one day is by far too short. Perhaps we make a short jump in the sea and then we go back on board.

That's the way I see it too...
    Survivor of : 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Jun 13, 2013 6:42 am

pablov8 wrote:
    Speedy wrote:Tortuga :mrgreen:

YES

YES!
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:05 am

Metal1529 wrote:But I can lie on a beach with friends at home! When I travel I'd rather see things and learn about the places I'm visiting. Was there really even less to do at previous destinations?

The cruise is more about being on broad than at the destination. A good majority of people loved being able to just relax on the beach. It was an awesome time. Sure, I understand where you are coming from, I love exploring new places as well. But for me, Grand Turk was awesome. I needed the few hours of just laying on the beach drinking to recoup and get ready for the next 2 days of shows!

Whereas I wouldn't mind going back there - I would also love to go to a place I have never been!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    slash1962
    Crewman

by slash1962 » Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:50 am

I need to go back to the Caymans because I was really drunken last time. The local beer was kick ass :heavydrink:
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    2012: Deck 6 - survived
    2013: skipped because of F:M:C
    2014: Deck 3
    Wishlist 2014: Arch Enemy, Hell, RAM, Graveyard, Hardcore Superstar, Opeth, Anvil, Pentagram, Steelwing,
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:03 pm

slash1962 wrote:The local beer was kick ass :heavydrink:

Caybrew? That was awful! :lol:
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:16 pm

mooyagi wrote:

One of the worst beers i EVER drank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! where's that pukey smiley?
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:18 pm

2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:09 pm

Metal1529 wrote:To be honest, we would probably cancel if it was Grand Turk again.

prior to the cruises, I considered a new destination quite important - but not anymore
    I'd rather go to Grand Turk again to have a lovely day instead of going somewhere new (and not worth going to) just for the heck of it
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:36 pm

This is a different kind of cruise... destination is merely the cherry on top.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
  • yintian
    Wiper

by yintian » Fri Jun 14, 2013 2:28 am

Grand Turk for me! Clinging with the Australians and intoxicated Spanish individuals trying to get ladies to go nude in the bar. Viewing the cafes modify from top 40 and dancing songs to Slayer and Pantera . No beggers or providers, awesome individuals and the best seaside I have ever been to.

Nice that we were the only individuals there, and taken care of Sabatons' purses, etc while they were in the the water. Joakim was banged up !! :lol:

:pound: I really experienced Cayman as well. I could have invested a lot of cash in the observe boutiques!
    Ended up at the Difficult Stone and met a number of individuals from our vacation, just chilling out --the web servers LOVED us and desired we came beck every week!

:3drunks: :3drunks:
    Last edited by Vincent on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Reason: SPAM in signature
    slash1962
    Crewman

by slash1962 » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:09 am

mooyagi wrote:

Yeah, I think this was Caybrew. The dark one. :3drunks:
    __________________________________________________________________________________
    2012: Deck 6 - survived
    2013: skipped because of F:M:C
    2014: Deck 3
    Wishlist 2014: Arch Enemy, Hell, RAM, Graveyard, Hardcore Superstar, Opeth, Anvil, Pentagram, Steelwing,
  • jbott
    Oiler

by jbott » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:23 am

I would definitely vote for Grand Turk again. I had the best time ever there, and all I did was swim and enjoy the sun. The beach was just seconds from the boat, and that's where I stayed until the moment I had to get back on the boat. It was so great to be the only boat there, and to just walk on and off the boat.

Can't wait to vote!
    70K 2012 - 2590
    70K 2013 - 3575
    70K 2014 - 2565
    70K 2015 - 7348
    70K 2017 - 7570
    70K 2019 - 6509
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:27 am

I'd be up for Grand Turk again, or another similar destination. Less touristy = the better!
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    Phfloydispink
    Oiler

by Phfloydispink » Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:14 am

Not really concerned where we go, more concerned with getting there and getting back!

That said, I do like to bring back little gifts for those not lucky enough to go, so a little shopping where the prices are good would be nice. I understand that at Coco Cay RC has a monopoly on the shopping and everything else, so I would probably not care to go there.
    Survivor 70k
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:28 pm

THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE WHERE I LIVE IN JANUARY!

Anything sunny and beachy with metal and drinks is good for me!!!

:bangers: :beerbang:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jun 17, 2013 12:32 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:Image

THIS IS WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE WHERE I LIVE IN JANUARY!

Anything sunny and beachy with metal and drinks is good for me!!!

:bangers: :beerbang:

This.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Jun 18, 2013 6:17 am

TORTUGA seems awesome! definitely has my vote!

Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:20 am

I think this is just out of our range, but Samana, Dominican Republic looks spectacular too.

It's a great spot for whale watching apparently.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacrui ... rtCode=PUJ
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Jun 19, 2013 9:41 am

slash1962 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Yeah, I think this was Caybrew. The dark one. :3drunks:

no, Caybrew was a very light lager, so you must (hopefully) be talking about something else!
  • Post Reply 144 posts