Post Reply 407 posts
Stuff You Wish You Knew Before Your 1st Cruise
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

Re: Stuff You Wish You Knew Before Your 1st Cruise

by IcedInferno » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:16 pm

All right, one more thing, is the lineup really long to get off the boat (like back in Florida)??? Just trying to see how much time I need to give myself to get to the airport if I go straight there from the cruise.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:36 pm

IcedInferno wrote:All right, one more thing, is the lineup really long to get off the boat (like back in Florida)??? Just trying to see how much time I need to give myself to get to the airport if I go straight there from the cruise.

It just depends on how you leave ,if you keep your bags you are supposed to leave early like 7 a.m or so.Then you can just walk off and get yourself to the airport.If you let them take your bags off and pick them up ,that is what gets screwed up.Give yourself at least 3 hours for Fort Lauderdale and 4 hours for Miami.I never let them take my bag in the morning of disembarking ,but it was a bin bag size (21" or less) and even ate breakfast (technically breaking the rules ).It only took an hour from leaving the cabin to getting to Miami airport.A lot of that time came from the guy driving back around to fill up his van 3 freaking times.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • germanegyptiangirl
    Oiler

by germanegyptiangirl » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:47 am

Hey!

This thread is awesome for someone like me who is going on this cruise for the first time! (I went on a cruise more than 10 years ago so I don't remember any procedures and such). Thank you for all the good advice.
    So anyways, the check-in and the drink packages brought up some more questions. They seem extremely expensive, so that makes me wonder how much is pop and tea and coffee by itself if you don't get the Replenish package? I am considering the Replenish package since my boyfriend and I don't drink so it may be worth it for us. What did you guys think of the Replenish package?

Thanks! :viking:
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:51 am

deathmetalpat wrote:
    IcedInferno wrote:All right, one more thing, is the lineup really long to get off the boat (like back in Florida)??? Just trying to see how much time I need to give myself to get to the airport if I go straight there from the cruise.

It just depends on how you leave ,if you keep your bags you are supposed to leave early like 7 a.m or so.Then you can just walk off and get yourself to the airport.If you let them take your bags off and pick them up ,that is what gets screwed up.Give yourself at least 3 hours for Fort Lauderdale and 4 hours for Miami.I never let them take my bag in the morning of disembarking ,but it was a bin bag size (21" or less) and even ate breakfast (technically breaking the rules ).It only took an hour from leaving the cabin to getting to Miami airport.A lot of that time came from the guy driving back around to fill up his van 3 freaking times.

Thanks a lot!
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:59 am

deathmetalpat wrote:

Getting off the ship can be pretty easy and go quickly. Like deathmetalpat says if you take your luggage with you then you can get off earlier. Once you get off the ship then you have to deal with customs and that is a different story. Depending on the number of agents that can take some time. Last year I was one of the first people off so there was no line at customs yet and was at the Fort Lauderdale airport by 9 am.
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

2025 - Maybe time to come out of 70K retirement!
  • J.m.Andersson
    Oiler

by J.m.Andersson » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:19 am

on boarding day bring a bottle of water and something to read :lol:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:43 am

IcedInferno wrote:This is my first cruise and I can't wait to meet everybody. People are asking me, are you going there alone? Nope with over 3000 brothers and sisters! Anyway this thread helped me a lot. Just wondering, are the bands still expected to play two sets each, and what are the usual lengths of the sets?

I'm so pumped, this is a dream come true.

Hail from Canada!!!!

Welcome --where in Canada? One thing also is that there are no clocks in the rooms to set alarms. Keep your phone charged for the alarm....you will need naps here and there and I missed some shows due to oversleeping. ha!

Pace is the key.. the days are long and full of fun. Don't schedule every second, because, like the threads, they get Dutch Derailed!!( inside joke). I go alone every year, but you are never alone. The folks on this cruise are the best people in the world. Wear your favouritelocal band shirt, be respective of the staff, the ship and the beaches... and in true Canadian fashion....FUK"N GIV'R!!!

:pound:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:01 am

J.m.Andersson wrote:on boarding day bring a bottle of water and something to read :lol:

or bottle of wine and something to play :trashdrink: :mrgreen:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
  • IcedInferno
    Oiler

by IcedInferno » Sat Jan 16, 2016 11:29 am

Jaimie38 wrote:
    IcedInferno wrote:This is my first cruise and I can't wait to meet everybody. People are asking me, are you going there alone? Nope with over 3000 brothers and sisters! Anyway this thread helped me a lot. Just wondering, are the bands still expected to play two sets each, and what are the usual lengths of the sets?

I'm so pumped, this is a dream come true.

Hail from Canada!!!!

Welcome --where in Canada? One thing also is that there are no clocks in the rooms to set alarms. Keep your phone charged for the alarm....you will need naps here and there and I missed some shows due to oversleeping. ha!

Pace is the key.. the days are long and full of fun. Don't schedule every second, because, like the threads, they get Dutch Derailed!!( inside joke). I go alone every year, but you are never alone. The folks on this cruise are the best people in the world. Wear your favouritelocal band shirt, be respective of the staff, the ship and the beaches... and in true Canadian fashion....FUK"N GIV'R!!!

:pound:

Thanks for the tip, I think I'll get myself an old Timex waterproof Watch. I'm from the east coast, Moncton NB to be more precise.
    cronos23462
    Oiler

by cronos23462 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:50 pm

how long between bands usually? like on the pool stage ...a hour ?
    soilwork ,scar symmetry ,solution .45,dream evil, overkill, accept, venom inc,
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:15 pm

cronos23462 wrote:how long between bands usually? like on the pool stage ...a hour ?

Mostly 45 or 60 min breaks between bands on any single stage last year. A few longer breaks.
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    70k 2018 M.I.A.
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dragony-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kalmah-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-SuidAkrA-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
  • germanegyptiangirl
    Oiler

by germanegyptiangirl » Sun Jan 17, 2016 4:39 pm

Hey everyone!

Sorry for so many questions,
    but I was wondering if things like virgin daiquiris, milkshakes, slushies, etc. are included with what we pay for the cruise or if you have to buy a Replenish package to get unlimited of that?

Thank you very much!

See you soon!
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:59 pm

germanegyptiangirl wrote:Hey everyone!

but I was wondering if things like virgin daiquiris, milkshakes, slushies, etc. are included with what we pay for the cruise or if you have to buy a Replenish package to get unlimited of that?

Thank you very much!

See you soon!

Pretty sure those are all separate charges, not covered by the package.
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
  • germanegyptiangirl
    Oiler

by germanegyptiangirl » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:45 pm

klons wrote:

Thank you very much!

See you soon!

Thank you! That's good to know!
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Tue Jan 19, 2016 8:29 am

germanegyptiangirl wrote:
    klons wrote:

Thank you very much!

See you soon!

Thank you! That's good to know!

Virgin cocktails (daiquiris) are included in the Replenish package along with premium coffee & tea, fresh juices, fountain soda, bottled water and sparkling water. Milkshakes are extra and I don't know if they serve slushies anywhere.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

• germanegyptiangirl
    Oiler

by germanegyptiangirl » Tue Jan 19, 2016 10:49 pm

Virgin cocktails (daiquiris) are included in the Replenish package along with premium coffee & tea, fresh juices, fountain soda, bottled water and sparkling water. Milkshakes are extra and I don't know if they serve slushies anywhere.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Thanks for the info!
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:32 am

Thank you very much!

See you soon!

As I read the Royal Replenish description, virgin daiquiris and non-alcoholic drinks like that ARE included in the package, but milkshakes and (probably) slushies are not. They have good milkshakes at Johnny Rockets and last year they were open 'til 5 am for us, but they DID charge for them.
    EDIT: someone beat me to it. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • germanegyptiangirl
    Oiler

by germanegyptiangirl » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:07 pm

Pellaz wrote:

Thank you very much!

See you soon!

As I read the Royal Replenish description, virgin daiquiris and non-alcoholic drinks like that ARE included in the package, but milkshakes and (probably) slushies are not. They have good milkshakes at Johnny Rockets and last year they were open 'til 5 am for us, but they DID charge for them.

Thanks! And two people saying the same thing is a good thing. By the way, I totally love your wishlist. There are so many bands on there I would want to see. Also, Agalloch, Amon Amarth, and Moonspell are 3 (out of 6) of my favourite bands! I would be over the moon if Agalloch gets announced. I have never seen them and I don't know when I will get a chance to see them since they will probably never come close to where I live. I have never seen Moonspell live so I am super excited that I will get to see them on the ship. I have seen Amon Amarth multiple times and even have a signed poster of them and a pick from Johan. (My only 2 things that I ever got at a concert from the band).

Hopefully more of your wishlist (especially Agalloch) gets announced! :viking:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:57 pm

Pellaz wrote:

Thanks! And two people saying the same thing is a good thing. By the way, I totally love your wishlist. There are so many bands on there I would want to see. Also, Agalloch, Amon Amarth, and Moonspell are 3 (out of 6) of my favourite bands! I would be over the moon if Agalloch gets announced. I have never seen them and I don't know when I will get a chance to see them since they will probably never come close to where I live.....Hopefully more of your wishlist (especially Agalloch) gets announced! :viking:

I've only had the privilege of seeing Agalloch once, at a small venue here in Atlanta, but it was a great-sounding show -- the band's own soundguy was sick, and the venue's sound guy did such a good job of mixing the sound that Agalloch actually thanked him profusely from the stage. I've never seen that happen before and don't expect to see it again, either. Just a great show all around, with the funeral doom band Loss from TN opening up, too. :death:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cronos23462
    Oiler

by cronos23462 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 9:16 am

do they offer steak and lobster in the dining room ,like on regular cruises?
    soilwork ,scar symmetry ,solution .45,dream evil, overkill, accept, venom inc,
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:11 am

cronos23462 wrote:do they offer steak and lobster in the dining room ,like on regular cruises?

Yes, it should be the normal Royal Caribbean menu like any other cruise.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Sun Jan 24, 2016 10:59 am

I've never been on a cruise before. Is there soap, shampoo, conditioner provided in the rooms or do guests usually bring their own? Also how many towels are in your room or extra you can request? And is room service included in the pre paid gratuities.
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
  • SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:26 am

Rjturtle9 wrote:I've never been on a cruise before. Is there soap, shampoo, conditioner provided in the rooms or do guests usually bring their own? Also how many towels are in your room or extra you can request? And is room service included in the pre paid gratuities.

From what I read, room service is free, but there is a surcharge of something like $5 after a certain hour of the night. If you mean just the tips for room service, I think so. I think all of the dining staff gets tipped out, I would assume so, but I don't know for certain. RC does have a lot of info online, though. Tipping would be the same for all cruises, so that info would apply to us, too.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Sun Jan 24, 2016 12:54 pm

How many waterproof cameras do I bring? :lol:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:17 pm

Do they allow to bring any bottles of water in board. That Evian water package is just super over priced and I don´t think the replenish package is worth.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jan 24, 2016 5:54 pm

Rjturtle9 wrote:I've never been on a cruise before. Is there soap, shampoo, conditioner provided in the rooms or do guests usually bring their own? Also how many towels are in your room or extra you can request? And is room service included in the pre paid gratuities.

The showers will have a dispenser with soap and shampoo. I don't think there's conditioner. You can get as many towels as you want, just ask your room attendant.

MissTool wrote:Do they allow to bring any bottles of water in board. That Evian water package is just super over priced and I don´t think the replenish package is worth.

I don't believe so. That would go against their offering a water package. Just bring an empty bottle and fill from the sink in your room. It tastes fine.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    MissTool
    Oiler

by MissTool » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:57 am

mooyagi wrote:
    MissTool wrote:Do they allow to bring any bottles of water in board. That Evian water package is just super over priced and I don´t think the replenish package is worth.

I don't believe so. That would go against their offering a water package. Just bring an empty bottle and fill from the sink in your room. It tastes fine.

Thanks. I was just thinking about having one bottle with me while I wait in line for check in and then enter the ship with that bottle. I am not planning on bringing several bottles on board. In my last cruise I think I bought some bottled water on board but definitely the package is not worth for me because I don´t drink a lot of water.
  • J.m.Andersson
    Oiler

by J.m.Andersson » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:27 am

you need to have clothes on at the resturants! :oops:
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:05 am

J.m.Andersson wrote:you need to have clothes on at the resturants! :oops:

I've seen people push the boundaries in this one. The girl in the black studded bikini in 2014 for one.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:40 am

It's silly to drink bottled water on a cruise ship. All fresh water on modern ships is desalinated on broad. It is just as pure, if not purer, than bottled water, and there is an unlimited supply for free (well, at no extra charge, anyhow).
  • yardleybates
    Oiler

by yardleybates » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:27 pm

I was actually checking on the whole dress code thing. I thought I remembered hearing (reading) somewhere that there is not dress code enforcement in any of the restaurants on this ship. Not meaning clothing optional LOL but you can show up in shorts and a t-shirt or jeans and it's cool.
    2020 Wishlist Amorphis / Demons & Wizards / Gojira / Nightmare
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:38 pm

yardleybates wrote:

I was actually checking on the whole dress code thing. I thought I remembered hearing (reading) somewhere that there is not dress code enforcement in any of the restaurants on this ship. Not meaning clothing optional LOL but you can show up in shorts and a t-shirt or jeans and it's cool.

They do not enforce the regular dress codes during 70,000 Tons.
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Retired
    2021 - COVID
    2022 - COVID

2023 - Retired
    2024 - Retired

Mikko
    Oiler

by Mikko » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:58 pm

About the luggage, the cruise is part of a larger trip we are doing, and as luggage we have two big trekking backpacks which we can easily carry around pre-boarding and debarking.

Should we pass our luggage to a porter for pre-boarding, only during debarking or take it with us all the time?
    Survivor: 2016-2017-2018-2019-2020
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:25 pm

Mikko wrote:About the luggage, the cruise is part of a larger trip we are doing, and as luggage we have two big trekking backpacks which we can easily carry around pre-boarding and debarking.

Should we pass our luggage to a porter for pre-boarding, only during debarking or take it with us all the time?

I'd say that's pretty much up to you. My friends and I have always carried our luggage with us.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • yardleybates
    Oiler

by yardleybates » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:28 pm

mbob wrote:
    yardleybates wrote:

They do not enforce the regular dress codes during 70,000 Tons.

Thanks man!
  • yardleybates
    Oiler

by yardleybates » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:34 pm

Is there any downside to booking excursions on the ship vs. pre-booking them via Royal Caribbean or independently, other than some may fill up?
  • MrCaptainMetal
    Oiler

by MrCaptainMetal » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:39 pm

I'm pretty confident that this is my only dumb question. I tried to see if it was answered elsewhere but I could not find it.

Do you use the Sea Pass card to buy merch, or can you use cash/credit?
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:41 pm

MrCaptainMetal wrote:I'm pretty confident that this is my only dumb question. I tried to see if it was answered elsewhere but I could not find it.

Do you use the Sea Pass card to buy merch, or can you use cash/credit?

Sea Pass card
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jan 26, 2016 12:37 am

Finally got around to checking in, and noticed that the previously available ROYAL REFRESHMENT pack is no longer available :(

So instead of paying $US29.90 for the entire cruise for unlimited soda plus the souvenier cup, you now have to pay $US90!

Okay if you are a tea/coffee drinker or want to drink non-alcoholic cocktails but if you just want soda then it is waaaaay too much.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:33 am

yardleybates wrote:Is there any downside to booking excursions on the ship vs. pre-booking them via Royal Caribbean or independently, other than some may fill up?

I *think* that the price is the same, so I'd say no. The only thing is that you *might* have to wait in line for a few minutes on the ship, but that shouldn't be a long line at all. Last year we booked the excursion on the ship and we were fine.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
Post Reply 407 posts