Post Reply 70 posts
NEWS FROM UMC .. NEVER AGAIN TILL JANUARY??
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

NEWS FROM UMC .. NEVER AGAIN TILL JANUARY??

by Captain Alex » Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:46 pm

WTF??? WILL WE NEVER KNOW WHAT'S HAPPENINGG WITH OUR MONEY TILL JANUARY OR WHAT? :evil:
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
    dinki
    Petty Officer

Re: NEWS FROM UMC .. NEVER AGAIN TILL JANUARY??

by dinki » Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:05 am

dude calm down. SOON :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    Emperor-Mayhem-Midnight-Night Demon-Savage Master
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:11 am

I'm not overly fussed about it this year - I guess after three cruises, I'm used to it :P

I am actually hoping that we can break the record for longest-period-between-band-announcements, currently 98 days which is held by Barge To Hell.

Only about 25 days to go :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:20 am

holy shit cant wait much longer! need a big fucking announcement :deathhorns: :deathhorns: :deathhorns:
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:31 am

cowboy71 wrote:I'm not overly fussed about it this year - I guess after three cruises, I'm used to it :P

I am actually hoping that we can break the record for longest-period-between-band-announcements, currently 98 days which is held by Barge To Hell.

I, too, am okay with breaking the record for longest-period-between-band-announcements. I mean... if they've got a juicy announcement now of course I want it, but we might as well push our announcements super close together for fall/winter by waiting just a little longer. One more month sounds about right.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:18 am

Andy can announce all the bands for the cruise one week before we sail and I wouldn't mind much (as long as they are bands I like, which is quite likely).

And, just like Dallas, I'm kind of hoping we get to a 100 day drought.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:49 am

cowboy71 wrote:I'm not overly fussed about it this year - I guess after three cruises, I'm used to it :P

I though you said we already broke the record? Or was that for 70K only?

Also, it's unfortunate, but...this:

dinki wrote:dude calm down. SOON :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:40 pm

Stained Class wrote:

Well and truly broken the 70k record (previous record was a mere 60 days - we are now at 74!).

UMC record stands at 98 days though for Barge To Hell :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:51 pm

We could at least vote where we're going. I'm sure this is something that should be done...soon
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:22 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

Well and truly broken the 70k record (previous record was a mere 60 days - we are now at 74!).

UMC record stands at 98 days though for Barge To Hell :)

Oh yeah. I forgot that you people that weren't on barge count them as 2 separate things :P (they aren't)
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:14 pm

Stained Class wrote:Oh yeah. I forgot that you people that weren't on barge count them as 2 separate things :P (they aren't)

Of course they are two separate things :P even UMC count them as 2 separate things:

"Are you ready for Round 4 of The Original Heavy Metal Cruise? "

If they were not 2 separate things, it would be Round 5 :) :P

Anyone remember this classic quote from the skipper?

"I will more frequently announce that I have nothing to annouce from now on"

His definition of "more frequently" is about the same as his definition of "soon" it would seem :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Oh yeah. I forgot that you people that weren't on barge count them as 2 separate things :P (they aren't)

Of course they are two separate things :P even UMC count them as 2 separate things:

"Are you ready for Round 4 of The Original Heavy Metal Cruise? "

If they were not 2 separate things, it would be Round 5 :) :P

Anyone remember this classic quote from the skipper?

"I will more frequently announce that I have nothing to annouce from now on"

His definition of "more frequently" is about the same as his definition of "soon" it would seem :lol:

Yeah, but that's like if they set up the Wacken stages in the same location and calling it something else. Different name but really it's the same. Anyways, the only reason I'm still on this is cus we have nothing else to talk about
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:59 pm

Calm down there Captain Alex, there's already a thread about this on the front page

edit: started by you
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:10 pm

Stained Class wrote: Anyways, the only reason I'm still on this is cus we have nothing else to talk about

LOL - YEP, me too :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:43 am

alex_canada wrote:Calm down there Captain Alex, there's already a thread about this on the front page

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:03 am

alex_canada wrote:Calm down there Captain Alex, there's already a thread about this on the front page

hahaha.

THE POINT NEEDS TO BE MADE. HARD.

Yeah I'm pretty curious about information. It doesn't even cross my mind daily, though. Andy was really good about giving updates and info early on in the 2014 campaign. This summer drought is normal though. I imagine he's globetrotting, attending festivals, speaking with bands and agents, and hiring new UMC help. Either way, nothing for me to be worried aboot. I'm more worried about my bum cabin-mates actually getting around to giving me money....
    :roll:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:07 am

viathyn wrote:

hahaha.

THE POINT NEEDS TO BE MADE. HARD.

Yeah I'm pretty curious about information. It doesn't even cross my mind daily, though. Andy was really good about giving updates and info early on in the 2014 campaign. This summer drought is normal though. I imagine he's globetrotting, attending festivals, speaking with bands and agents, and hiring new UMC help. Either way, nothing for me to be worried aboot. I'm more worried about my bum cabin-mates actually getting around to giving me money....
    :roll:

I'll talk to David tomorrow.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:30 am

Stained Class wrote: :roll:

I'll talk to David tomorrow.[/quote]
    I've spoken to Dave and understand his situation. I've assured him it's not a problem, as long as our other cabin-mate actually contacts me and gives me money in the next week..

Please check out my band

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:45 am

viathyn wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:
    viathyn wrote: :roll:

I'll talk to David tomorrow.

I've spoken to Dave and understand his situation. I've assured him it's not a problem, as long as our other cabin-mate actually contacts me and gives me money in the next week..

ahhh gotcha. I haven't talked to Dylan in a couple months actually. Not even sure if he's still in the band.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:52 pm

I've spoken to both of them now. All is good and payments will be made eventually.. haha.

Please check out my band

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:33 pm

viathyn wrote: This summer drought is normal though. I imagine he's globetrotting, attending festivals, speaking with bands and agents, and hiring new UMC help.

Good point.

And, I understand that Andy marches to the beat of his own drum and all that, but if it was me, I'd kinda say exactly the above.

ie.

"This is your captain speaking, updates will be sparse to non-existent for the next 2-3 months as I visit festivals internationally in order to shore up the best lineup imaginable"

Rather than what we had, of UPDATE, PHOTO, BAND, UPDATE, UPDATE, PHOTO, PHOTO, BAND, BAND......*radio silence*.....

:beerwink:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Jul 30, 2013 3:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    viathyn wrote: This summer drought is normal though. I imagine he's globetrotting, attending festivals, speaking with bands and agents, and hiring new UMC help.

Good point.

And, I understand that Andy marches to the beat of his own drum and all that, but if it was me, I'd kinda say exactly the above.

ie.

"This is your captain speaking, updates will be sparse to non-existent for the next 2-3 months as I visit festivals internationally in order to shore up the best lineup imaginable"

Rather than what we had, of UPDATE, PHOTO, BAND, UPDATE, UPDATE, PHOTO, PHOTO, BAND, BAND......*radio silence*.....

That'd be no fun at all!

--
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:37 am

cowboy71 wrote:

Good point.

ie.

Here is hoping THAT is the case!
    13-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    AeonianSorrow-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Arð-/-Avantasia-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Clouds-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Godthrymm-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Konvent-/-Krypts-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-LightFieldReverie-/-Loss-/-TheManEatingTree-/-MarianasRest-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Primordial-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-Sojourner-/-Strigoi-/-TempleOfVoid-/-TombOfFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-Winterfylleth-/-WoeUntoMe-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-/-Wormwood

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-Candlemass-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kampfar-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing-/-Tiamat-/-Vreid
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:40 pm

Putting things in perspective, as someone else mentioned, this time of year is dry announcement-wise every cruise.

2011 cruise - no announcements in June
    2012 cruise - Only 1 announcement in July (and none in November)
    Barge To Hell - no announcements in August/September/October
    2013 cruise - no announcements in August
    2014 cruise - no announcements in June/July

And as we are moving into August, historically:
    2011 cruise - 3 separate announcements - Ensiferum, Marduk, and Korpiklaani
    2012 cruise - 3 separate announcements - God Dethroned+Tankard, Virgin Steele, and Cannibal Corpse
    Barge To Hell - none
    2013 cruise - none

So, the last two cruises haven't had any announcements in August - doesn't sound too promising :roll: :lol:
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:42 pm

So no announcements til at least September.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:45 pm

Stained Class wrote:So no announcements til at least September.

Yeah - I edited my above post. Last two cruises haven't had any announcements in August so won't be holding my breath for an announcement!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:52 pm

cowboy71 wrote:

Yeah - I edited my above post. Last two cruises haven't had any announcements in August so won't be holding my breath for an announcement!

We'll break the Barge to Hell record. :headbanger:

--
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:30 pm

X-Thor wrote:We'll break the Barge to Hell record. :headbanger:

Andy will make an announcement one day before the record is broken just to piss us off.
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:35 pm

Castroh wrote:Andy will make an announcement one day before the record is broken just to piss us off.

He doesn't have to wait until then! He's already pissed us off. :evil:
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:28 am

Andy doesn't give a shit about us being pissed off.
    He promised a cruise with at least 40 bands in defined time and he delivers.
    The rest is not his priority.
    That's what he said to me some time ago.

So, take a deep breath & go to any summer festivals or shows.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    dinki
    Petty Officer

by dinki » Thu Aug 01, 2013 2:44 am

yeah! Summerfestival! i'm going to the summer breeze festival in 2 weeks. Headliners are Anthrax/Lamb of God/Sabaton/In Flames. Just to forget the cruise for a few days. :death: :death: :death:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:34 am

No festivals to look forward to here in Australia :(

BUT, SO many international acts touring Australia between now and the end of the year!! Lamb of God, Meshuggah, Devin Townsend, Amorphis, Stratovarius, Behemoth, Korpiklaani, Enslaved, Nile, Firewind, Kataklysm, Sirenia....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:44 am

Next festival for me will be Kill Town Deathfest in Copenhagen in four weeks.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:56 am

Mal2000 wrote:Andy doesn't give a shit about us being pissed off.
    He promised a cruise with at least 40 bands in defined time and he delivers.
    The rest is not his priority.
    That's what he said to me some time ago.

So, take a deep breath & go to any summer festivals or shows.

Totally fair.

That's fine with me, I'll be buried in college work this Sept and I could definitely use some thrilling announcements to break the monotony.
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Cardest
    Midshipman

Remember the good times when announcements were made?

by Cardest » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:35 am

How long has it been now since Carcass was announced?

77 days or something!

Maybe 70k is operating on Hawaiian time! haha

Oh the anticipation.

Just tell us the next band already! Grr
    Is it Entombed?

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Stained Class
    Commander

Re: Remember the good times when announcements were made?

by Stained Class » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:38 am

It's been a long time on Hawaiian time too. :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:41 am

ALOHA!!

haha

:boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:03 am

:pound:

:lol:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:16 am

It seems like is was in another life. WHERE'S OUR NEW ANNOUNCEMENT, BITCH? :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Aug 01, 2013 10:41 am

Remember the good times when announcements were made?

That time never happened. The drought is all there is. All there ever will be. :lol: :lol:

--
Post Reply 70 posts