Commander

Re: Headliner Bands

by debborah1 » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:21 am

DragonLordJones wrote:
    TexasMetalhead wrote:MOTORHEAD!!!!

got my vote

DITTO!!!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:48 am

debborah1 wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote:
    TexasMetalhead wrote:MOTORHEAD!!!!

got my vote

DITTO!!!

I'm not a HUGE Motorhead fan, but you got my vote also! That would be very cool. :headbanger:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:30 am

Any other suggestions?
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:39 am

zummazumma wrote:Any other suggestions?

Opeth, Immortal, Dimmu Borgir, Motorhead, Slayer, Scorpions, MSG
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:16 am

just 1 of the big 4 would be awesome.....
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    TexasMetalhead
    Petty Officer

by TexasMetalhead » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:01 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:just 1 of the big 4 would be awesome.....

Getting to see 3 out of the 4 next Friday in Dallas. But would always be cool to see them again.

MOTORHEAD, OPETH, FLOTSAM & JETSAM please. That would be too cool.

Just saw the new vid for Dimmu Borgir, gatways, pretty crazy vid, would be cool to have them aboard.
    2015 DECK 7
    2013 DECK 6(66)and AGAIN!!!
    2012 Deck 8 SURVIVED AGAIN!!!
    2011 DECK 6(66) MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:48 am

TexasMetalhead wrote:Just saw the new vid for Dimmu Borgir, gatways, pretty crazy vid, would be cool to have them aboard.

Ah - so did I! (yesterday on the Blabbermouth site) http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=146028
    :lol: I'm still trying to "digest" it :lol: . I'm a huge Dimmu fan and I bought the single Gateways from iTunes as soon as it was available a while back - the song has grown on me - I like it a lot. That guest vocalist Agnete Kjølsrud is really something else though - still not quite sure what to make of her - seems like quite a different move for Dimmu to have someone like her in the song/video. I've only watched the video a few times and my first reaction was that it was tooo campy/cheesy, but I dunno...maybe I'll grow to like it as much as their other ones (my very fave is Sacriligeous Scorn - which I think is very campy yet awesome).
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:59 am

tyrwoman wrote:
    TexasMetalhead wrote:Just saw the new vid for Dimmu Borgir, gatways, pretty crazy vid, would be cool to have them aboard.

Ah - so did I! (yesterday on the Blabbermouth site) http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=146028
    :lol: I'm still trying to "digest" it :lol: . I'm a huge Dimmu fan and I bought the single Gateways from iTunes as soon as it was available a while back - the song has grown on me - I like it a lot. That guest vocalist Agnete Kjølsrud is really something else though - still not quite sure what to make of her - seems like quite a different move for Dimmu to have someone like her in the song/video. I've only watched the video a few times and my first reaction was that it was tooo campy/cheesy, but I dunno...maybe I'll grow to like it as much as their other ones (my very fave is Sacriligeous Scorn - which I think is very campy yet awesome).

I really need to check this band out...I hear the name so often....I just never bothered to check it out......but I do respect you opinion of bands so Im sure I will love it.. :beerwink:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:11 am

debborah1 wrote:I really need to check this band out...I hear the name so often....I just never bothered to check it out......but I do respect you opinion of bands so Im sure I will love it.. :beerwink:

Yeah - check 'em out :beerhorns: . I finally did about three years ago after I kept seeing their name here and there - I gotta tell you though - my first reaction was kinda wtf?! :lol: but I grew to love them pretty quickly - own all their recordings and 2 dvd's and have seem them a few times (and will again in November). :beerhorns: Btw, they have really changed their look with this new album/video - from black to white :shock: ! (I prefer the black leather look better ;) )

new Dimmu (two of the original band members are no longer with them)

old Dimmu
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:48 am

tyrwoman wrote:
    TexasMetalhead wrote:Ah - so did I! (yesterday on the Blabbermouth site) http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbe ... mID=146028
    :lol: I'm still trying to "digest" it :lol: . I'm a huge Dimmu fan and I bought the single Gateways from iTunes as soon as it was available a while back - the song has grown on me - I like it a lot. That guest vocalist Agnete Kjølsrud is really something else though - still not quite sure what to make of her

She looks and sounds (in the first half) like a demented, re-animated Cyndi Lauper lol... Cool song but damn I wish these symphonic type metal bands wouldn't bury the rhythm guitars so deeply in their mixes. Unless there's a guitar solo, all I can hear is orchestra and drums. :cry:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:19 pm

debborah1 wrote:
    tyrwoman wrote:

I really need to check this band out...I hear the name so often....I just never bothered to check it out......but I do respect you opinion of bands so Im sure I will love it.. :beerwink:

If you want to hear a less shitter version of Cradle of Filth, then you'll enjoy it. If you have taste in music, you won't. :lol: :lol: :lol:

(ducks from eventual shrapnel that Tyrwoman will throw my way) :P :P :P

I'd be surprised if you like them though, based on your current musical tastes. It's like disgestable quasi black metal for people who don't like regular Black Metal. Then again Tyrwoman likes Immortal, so my theory isn't 100% foolproof :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:31 pm

It may not be my style, I must say just the pic's are a bit "grim"...lol....but I will give it a try ;) :beerwink:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:06 pm

KevinP wrote:If you want to hear a less shitter version of Cradle of Filth, then you'll enjoy it. If you have taste in music, you won't.
    (ducks from eventual shrapnel that Tyrwoman will throw my way) :P :P :P
    I'd be surprised if you like them though, based on your current musical tastes. It's like disgestable quasi black metal for people who don't like regular Black Metal. Then again Tyrwoman likes Immortal, so my theory isn't 100% foolproof :mrgreen:

:lol: :lol: don't worry Kev - I'm pretty harmless (even toward people who don't like one of my favorite bands! ;) ) Oh, and btw, my name is Laura - I'm gettin' tired of my username :lol: - makes me sound too much like a one-band pony :trashdrink:
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:08 pm

a one-band pony :trashdrink:[/quote]

LMAO....
    Laura you are ANYTHING BUT!!!!! :beerwink:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:29 pm

Change it to TYRDIMMUIMMORTALOPETHPORCUPINEWoman or Laura the Broad. Whichever you prefer :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:32 pm

debborah1 wrote:a one-band pony :trashdrink:

LMAO....
    Laura you are ANYTHING BUT!!!!! :beerwink:[/quote]

It always brings a smile to my face when Deb screws up. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:49 pm

KevinP wrote:It always brings a smile to my face when Deb screws up. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Who needs Paxil or Prozac? Am I right? :lol:

(love ya Debb... truly do) :P

Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:17 pm

KevinP wrote:Change it to TYRDIMMUIMMORTALOPETHPORCUPINEWoman or Laura the Broad. Whichever you prefer :lol: :P :lol: :P :lol: :P

you funny Mr. P. ....buuuut, to be all-inclusive - my user-name would be Agalloch, Amon Amarth, Arcturus, At the Gates, Behemoth, Borknagar, Dark Tranquility, Dimmu Borgir, Dir en Grey, Dream Theatre, Eluveitie, Emperor, Ensiferum, Enslaved, Epica, Ex Deo, Finntroll, Goatwhore, Heaven and Hell, Heidevolk, High on Fire, H.I.M., Hypocrisy, Immortal, In Extremo, In Flames, Kamelot, Kivimetsan Druidi, Korpiklaani, Lamb of God, Leaves' Eyes, Machine Head, Marduk, Moonsorrow, Motorhead, Municipal Waste, Napalm Death, Nightwish, Obituary, Opeth, Orphaned Land, P.O.D., Pain of Salvation, Paradise Lost, Primordial, Rage Against the Machine, Rammstein, Riverside, Samael, Satyricon, Scorpions, Septicflesh, Slayer, Strapping Young Lad, Swallow the Sun, Symphony X, Testament, Theatre of Tragedy, Therion, 1349, Tiamat, Turisas, Tyr, UFO, Volbeat, Walls of Jericho WOMAN! (and before you think I'm a total nut - I just copied and pasted my favorite metal bands list from my Who are you? post from 4 months ago (shit - have I been here 4 months already?? :twisted: :lol: ) :headbanger:
    Last edited by Laura on Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Sep 17, 2010 4:30 pm

tyrwoman wrote:
    KevinP wrote: Amon Amarth,, At the Gates, Behemoth, , Marduk, Obituary, Opeth, Slayer, Testament, Therion (1st 3 albums), Tyr

We agree on these. Granted, some of the bands I left out I enjoy, but would not consider "favorites" (Napalm, Hypocrisy, etc.)

Since your tastes are all over the map (in a good way), I think you will enjoy: http://www.myspace.com/maddermortem but maybe you've already heard of them. They are in my Top 3 or 5 favorite bands (I don't really have any official ranking system) .

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Sep 19, 2010 1:22 pm

^^^ thanks for the Madder Mortem recommendation! I like what I hear so far! :cheers: .. Plus, they are from Norway which to me seems to be about the coolest country on the planet. :cool:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:29 pm

tyrwoman wrote:^^^ thanks for the Madder Mortem recommendation! I like what I hear so far! :cheers: .. Plus, they are from Norway which to me seems to be about the coolest country on the planet. :cool:

I knew you were a smart woman, much more so than Deb. Then again that's not really saying much. :lol: :lol: :lol:

:P :mrgreen:

P.S. - As far as album recommendations, everything they've done is great, but the last 2 full lengths are particularly brilliant (8 Ways & Desiderata). and thanks to your screen name I started listening to TYR a few weeks before they were announced and just got Eric the Red in the mail today :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: (Land should arrive sometime this week)
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:24 am

Okay, c'mon folks,

We're running out of time and band slots...

Announce these guys or others in similar caliber asap plz n' thankee....

KD/MF
    Motorhead
    Accept
    Morbid Angel
    Grave Digger
    Immortal (not for me but for so many others)
    St. Vitus
    MSG and/or Scorpions
    Halford
    My Dying Bride
    Candlemass
    Suicidal Tendencies(or insert obscure request here)

:headbanger:

Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:33 am

I'd go with that! I don't really mind who is announced anymore... but I would like to see the rest announced NOW! And if it looks like that, HELL YEAH!!!! :givebeer:

Because what stands out to me is Immortal, My Dying Bride, Morbid Angel, Motorhead, Suicidal Tendencies, Halford, Candlemass!!!! Very nice. :headbanger:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:38 am

Oh yeah, and I don't think there will be actual "headliners."
    I know this has been discussed before, but I think they will make a schedule, there will be 2-3 stages, and each band will play according to scheduled time.
    For example... Testament could play at 9:30pm, Swashbuckle at 10:45pm, Fear Factory at 11:45pm on the indoor stage...
    while Iced Earth at 9:15pm, Amon Amarth at 10:30pm, and Cripper at 11:50pm on the sun deck.

Who knows, but from what I understand it may look something like that. :?
    I guess we'll see.
  • tenebre
    Crewman

by tenebre » Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:47 am

the staggering is my only worry, i just hope none of the shows I want to see overlap. I had that problem at Wacken and one of the bands i did not see was Lost Horizon... who never played again :-(
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:11 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Oh yeah, and I don't think there will be actual "headliners."
    I know this has been discussed before, but I think they will make a schedule, there will be 2-3 stages, and each band will play according to scheduled time.
    For example... Testament could play at 9:30pm, Swashbuckle at 10:45pm, Fear Factory at 11:45pm on the indoor stage...
    while Iced Earth at 9:15pm, Amon Amarth at 10:30pm, and Cripper at 11:50pm on the sun deck.

Who knows, but from what I understand it may look something like that. :?
    I guess we'll see.

yeah . . . :cool:
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:09 am

starlight wrote:I think, I already read the following somewhere here, but I cannot find it.

So maybe here we go again:

Did anyone read the "Special thanks" in the booklet of Blind Guardians "At the edge of time"?

If not: do it, read the last page, and tell me that this is contingency / accident?!

what are you talking about? what does it say? i dwnlwd the album and did not get a book.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:05 pm

not sure what that 70.000 cents comment means.....

Jason Breitweg is the official Blind Guardian website's webmaster.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • MitchTheMetalhead
    Crewman

by MitchTheMetalhead » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:57 am

Man. Blind Guardian is one of my favorites. If i get to meet Hansi... Yes... And with Iced Earth on bored maybe we'll get to see some Demons and Wizards... :headbanger:
    One can always hope...
    (at our wedding Our first dance was The Maiden and the Minstral Knight by BG, I would love to tell Hansi all about it)
    Edmonton Alberta Canada
    Cabin 2182 Section H
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:06 pm

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:just 1 of the big 4 would be awesome.....

No thanks.
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:05 pm

Just because nobody has mentioned them yet, Opeth.

Or Opeth, or Opeth.

There's a great, lesser known band called Opeth, if you guys are booking unknowns. If not them, then possibly Opeth, Opeth, or the slightly more well-known Opeth.

If none of those bands were available, I would love to see Opeth, Opeth, Opeth (from Sweden), Opeth, the band currently known as Opeth, and in the event that none of THESE bands were available, I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing Opeth.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:24 pm

I love..

Opeth. :cool:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:59 am

With all due respect to Dio and the rest of the Sabbath crew, a Black Sabbath + TONY MARTIN reunion would be one of most devastingly cool things, ever.

At the HEEEAAADLESS CROOOOOOSS! :headbanger:
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:23 am

Im a big fan of thrash, but they have that area already covered pretty good, they already have like a half dozen of the best in the biz already.

Id like to add an upper tier death band or two from among:
    Morbid Angel
    Cannibal Corpse
    Deicide
    Master
    Incantation
    Immolation
    Vader

A reunion of the original 3 members of Venom would be awesome too. Or Celtic Frost. Or Mercyful Fate, Id go nuts gfor that one.

And if they want to ad more female fronted bands I d be happy with any of Arch Enemy, Holy Moses, or Dreaming Dead, an up and coming band that is a personal favorite.
  • cg138
    Petty Officer

by cg138 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:33 am

viathyn wrote:I love..

Wait... who?
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:41 am

cg138 wrote:
    viathyn wrote:I love..

Wait... who?

I dunno, some bums from sweden.. I think they're trying to copy that opeth band.

They've taken a turn in recent albums.. moving away from that opeth feel to something definitely resembling opeth.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:47 am

Did someone say... Opeth? Morbid Angel? Opeth? Cannibal Corpse? Opeth? Vader? Opeth? Incantation? Opeth?
    I dunno, I thought I heard Opeth somewhere in there. :twisted:

YES! WE WANT OPETH!!!!!!
    :cheers:
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:31 am

Annihilator! Blind Guardian! Orden Ogan!
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Thu Sep 23, 2010 5:15 am

cg138 wrote:Just because nobody has mentioned them yet, Opeth.

Or Opeth, or Opeth.

There's a great, lesser known band called Opeth, if you guys are booking unknowns. If not them, then possibly Opeth, Opeth, or the slightly more well-known Opeth.

If none of those bands were available, I would love to see Opeth, Opeth, Opeth (from Sweden), Opeth, the band currently known as Opeth, and in the event that none of THESE bands were available, I suppose I wouldn't mind seeing Opeth.

Not to get all nana nana boo boo on 'ya or nuthin' :P , but I've mentioned Opeth a lot :beerwink: . Not only are they my favorite metal band, but they are my favorite band - period - of all the bands and genres I've listened to. Opeth, Opeth, Opeth, Opeth, Opeth, Opeth..... :cheers:
Locked 367 posts