Locked 367 posts
Headliner Bands
  • Metalwrath

Re: Headliner Bands

by Metalwrath » Thu Apr 08, 2010 10:46 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:Lamb of God suck

I concur.Hence why the abreviation stands for LOG which is a well used term for a pice of shit :lol:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:29 am

Metalwrath wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:Lamb of God suck

I concur.Hence why the abreviation stands for LOG which is a well used term for a pice of shit :lol:

Aye. They were pussies/posers when they changed their name from BTP (Burn the Priest)
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Apr 08, 2010 11:30 am

Let's reflect on Machine Head and the oh so Metal Mr. Flynn...

...and on that note, no thanks :lol:

I dare anyone to watch the video this image is from for more then ten seconds without wanting to jam icepicks in your ears to make the noise stop

Does anyone seriously want to defend this band considering the look AND sound these guys were perpetrating for several years? This guy is the very definition of poser jumping on the NU band wagon when it was in vogue and dropping it when it wasn't, only to try and act all true metal and hard again. If some of you people want to listen to flash in the pan, trendy shit, then that's your business. However, let's keep it off this cruise and save room for bands that are actual Metal bands that play what they play because they actually like too and not trendy Hot Topic swill band wagon jumping phonies. Thank you :cool:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:45 pm

CsarG wrote:How about Megadeth? Pretty nice band for headlining :D

I really hope that happens! Megadeth rules! I'm not worthy!! I'm not worthy!!
    Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Thu Apr 08, 2010 3:26 pm

zummazumma wrote:
    CsarG wrote:How about Megadeth? Pretty nice band for headlining :D

I really hope that happens! Megadeth rules! I'm not worthy!! I'm not worthy!!

I don't know if Dave would want to be stuck on a boat for 4 days...
    Blacktophat
    Crewman

by Blacktophat » Thu Apr 08, 2010 4:10 pm

If he could bring his horse he might do it :lol:
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:11 am

Captain Metal wrote:Let's reflect on Machine Head and the oh so Metal Mr. Flynn...

...and on that note, no thanks :lol:

I dare anyone to watch the video this image is from for more then ten seconds without wanting to jam icepicks in your ears to make the noise stop

Does anyone seriously want to defend this band considering the look AND sound these guys were perpetrating for several years? This guy is the very definition of poser jumping on the NU band wagon when it was in vogue and dropping it when it wasn't, only to try and act all true metal and hard again. If some of you people want to listen to flash in the pan, trendy shit, then that's your business. However, let's keep it off this cruise and save room for bands that are actual Metal bands that play what they play because they actually like too and not trendy Hot Topic swill band wagon jumping phonies. Thank you :cool:

THIS is what I remember of them. This this this. I seen them around that time at a local Rock Festival, and I didn't get it at all. I will admit it, I put The Blackening in from time to time, but I still don't recognize it as the same band.

70000 Tons of Metal Onboard Success: Take Fucking 2! Divorce
    kept me from the last one, but I won't take "no" for an answer this time.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:10 am

They are what is known as a poser band.
    Untrue,Falses etc.
    A band that would rather change their image when suited to make money rather than play proper music.
    They ditched the nu - metal thing when that scene started to die and then started going in another more profitable direction.
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:14 pm

Some Artists like to experiment or try something new that does not automatically mean they are false or untrue...
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:18 pm

In this case, it is very much so
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    reddevil
    Oiler

by reddevil » Sun Apr 11, 2010 11:20 pm

So I think the discussion about Machine Head is done...How about Tobias Sammet's Avantasia... :trashdrink:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:10 pm

Metalwrath wrote:They are what is known as a poser band.
    Untrue,Falses etc.
    A band that would rather change their image when suited to make money rather than play proper music.
    They ditched the nu - metal thing when that scene started to die and then started going in another more profitable direction.

Hence Sellouttca when they chopped their hair and put out albums with mens sperm mixed with blood as their album cover and called it "Load"

It was load alright. Load of Rubbish
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:46 pm

I don't mean to offend anyone, but artists/musicians are always evolving.
    Honestly, do we really know why certain musicians choose to do what they do?

Do we really know why Metallica chose to put out St.Anger? Were they honestly trying their
    hardest to put out something that would sell? or did they feel like they were doing the right thing at the time?
    Apparenlty they apologized for putting out St. Anger, which I think was the only mistake they made.

Everyone chooses to do things their own way, and whether we like it or not we should just respect it.

The term "selling out" has been abused and missused like a mofo.

Just my thoughts.
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:09 am

reddevil wrote:So I think the discussion about Machine Head is done...How about Tobias Sammet's Avantasia... :trashdrink:

I think it's plausible that Avantasia or Edguy may join us. I'm waiting for the new double-cd release to come to America - it's out in Euroland, right?

There's probably crazy logistics invloved for setting up a gig on a cruise, more-so than at a nightclub. :ugeek:
    reddevil
    Oiler

by reddevil » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:51 pm

zummazumma wrote:
    reddevil wrote:So I think the discussion about Machine Head is done...How about Tobias Sammet's Avantasia... :trashdrink:

I think it's plausible that Avantasia or Edguy may join us. I'm waiting for the new double-cd release to come to America - it's out in Euroland, right?

There's probably crazy logistics invloved for setting up a gig on a cruise, more-so than at a nightclub. :ugeek:

That would be great...I got it already and it's a release more than worth to buy...so when they have any problems with logistics I would give them a hand ;)
  • aussiestu
    Crewman

by aussiestu » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:02 am

Avantasia! with you on that one! One of the bands I want added big time!! :shred:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:25 am

Wasn't too impressed with their latest albums.
    Loved the first 2 though.
    Maddy77
    Crewman
    Location: Vienna now, of German origin (No! I don't want Hasselhoff) and one foot in The Netherlands :)

by Maddy77 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:45 am

Sorry, but in my opinion the latest Avantasia releases suck. 'The Metal Opera' was great but since 'The Scarecrow' Tobi Sammet walks straight towards cheap mainstream.

Salem would be cool or other bands that for whatever reason don't tour that often.
    Headbanging on Deck 4
  • Deificus254
    Oiler

by Deificus254 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:56 am

i'd be pleased with any of the following as headliners.

Avantasia/Edguy
    Blind Guardian
    Symphony X
    Dream Theater
    Iron Maiden
    Heaven and Hell
    Gamma Ray

i'd also like to see

Meshuggah
    Hypocrisy
    Falconer
    Primal Fear
    Dream Evil
    Therion

added to the bill.
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:07 am

I find it funny that people keep on suggesting Iron Maiden as headliner. Totally unrealistic.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:24 pm

Very true, but if Bruce Dickinson could be enticed to play the gig with his solo band, then I think that would do nicely
    Jöhn&Melönius
    Crewman

by Jöhn&Melönius » Thu Apr 15, 2010 3:51 pm

Heaven and Hell is just as unrealistic. I'd rather see Bruce than Maiden actually.
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:11 pm

:metalguy: Would you freak out if AC/DC was there??

and

Just how much would you freak out? Would you go overboard?
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Fri Apr 16, 2010 4:35 am

zummazumma wrote::metalguy: Would you freak out if AC/DC was there??

and

Ac/DC's charge for gigs is around the 800k to a million euro mark :lol:
    Not a chance in hell they'll be on the boat.
    sideways
    Petty Officer

by sideways » Fri Apr 16, 2010 12:54 pm

Metalwrath wrote:

and

I saw them live last year. To be honest, the show kinda bored me, I can only listen to the same handful of chords arranged differently for so long, I wouldnt want them to headline, I don't consider AC DC metal
    Maddy77
    Crewman
    Location: Vienna now, of German origin (No! I don't want Hasselhoff) and one foot in The Netherlands :)

by Maddy77 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:11 pm

sideways wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:

and

I saw them live last year. To be honest, the show kinda bored me, I can only listen to the same handful of chords arranged differently for so long, I wouldnt want them to headline, I don't consider AC DC metal

Thank you! I can only second that! :heavydrink: I actually do might go overboard if they were to headline.... :? But I don't think that's anywhere near the actual possibilities so I will sleep calmly tonight! :mrgreen:
    Headbanging on Deck 4
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Sun Apr 18, 2010 1:05 am

For me these bands would make great headliners and are also realistic to play an event like this.

Lamb of God... I´ve seen them live 5 times and they are awsome live.
    Motorhead.... Legends!! and Lemmy would love a drinking party like this.
    Testament...Very good Live.
    Immortal...The ultimate Black metal band and fantastic Live

And just for fun, the not so realistic ones

Iron Maiden
    Metallica
    Rammstein
    AC/DC

But with all this said I already got my headliner in Amon Amarth The best metal band on the planet at the moment :viking:
    THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL!!!!

Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:10 am

Rammstein aren't a metal band......
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:23 am

Metalwrath wrote:Rammstein aren't a metal band......

What are they then??

To be hornest I am getting a bit tierd of some people posting on here, that this and that band is or isn´t Metal, and that this and that band are sell outs,and some bands totally suck!

People have difrent opinions and like difrent bands,some like Thrash, some like power metal, some like death metal and so on.............but what we all have in common is that we like hard Rock and Metal.

good day to you all :deathmetal:
    Last edited by Oli on Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:30 am

Oli wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Rammstein aren't a metal band......

What are they then??

An Abomination to music.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Apr 18, 2010 9:04 am

:lol: Lets get real for a minute. I like Heart and Cheap Trick and Lynyrd Skynyrd but so not think they should go on this event
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:14 am

Ok i'll explain why Rammstein wouldn't be suited .
    They are a band that appeal more so to people outside the metal scene than inside it.
    Feedback from a lot of metalheads about the band is that they don't particularly like the music and think it's crap but would like to see them because of all the crazy shit they do on stage.They are known as one of the best live bands in the world.
    However lets be realistic.
    They are an expensive band.Not only that but it also costs the promoters a lot of money to have all their stage equipment delivered to the venue.
    I can't imagine it being very cheap to have 1 or 2 massive trucks full of equipment shipped to the States from Germany
    Even though it might be feasable if they were on tour in the States at the time because it would cut down on the costs for bringing their equipment you still have the problem that the stages on this cruise would not be able to fit the equipment that they use.
    So either way they'd have to play on the cruise without their massive stage set up and none of their famous stage gimmicks and their is still a high fee to have them play on the cruise with no real interest from the people attending the cruise because they won't have the only thing that really sells their shows in the first place.
    Long story short it'd be bad business to book them when you can get several quality metal bands for their price.
    Oli
    Crewman

by Oli » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:36 am

Thats exacly why I said just for fun and not very realistic ;)

But that doesnt make them ,not metal,they are just as much metal as Finntroll or Stratovarius are in my opinion.

onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:26 am

Theres the problem,. opinions are like assholes....everybodys got one
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Apr 18, 2010 11:42 am

I think Cannibal Corpse and Six Feet Under should be on this boat, ...but that's just my asshole opinion :beerwink:
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sun Apr 18, 2010 12:21 pm

Six Feet Under are possibly the worst Death metal band in existance.The only way they established a fooothold is due to the fact they have the original Cannibal Corpse singer.
    :lol:
    Last edited by Metalwrath on Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Jöhn&Melönius
    Crewman

by Jöhn&Melönius » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:45 pm

Metalwrath is correct on all points.
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sun Apr 18, 2010 4:51 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Six Feet Under are possibly the worst Death metal band in existance.The only way they established a fooothold is due to the fact they have the original Cannibal Corpse.
    :lol:

....and there you have it, I think I made my point.
    MissMetal
    Oiler

by MissMetal » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:53 pm

I'd say Megadeth, Sonata & Strato. I'm quite fortunate that the last two are already in place :) Wouldn't mind seeing Metallica, either. Unlikely. But hey.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:27 am

Would deffintly be up for seeing Megadeth alright.
    Saw them play in Ireland supporting Priest last year and their live attitude has improved immensly.
    Problem is though that Daves a bit of a ranting lunatic who thinks everyone in the world is out to get him.Can't see him being willing to spend 5 days on a boat surrounded by 2000 metalheads unfortunatly.
Locked 367 posts