Locked 367 posts
Headliner Bands
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

Re: Headliner Bands

by Captain Metal » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:10 am

I think Jesus just tells him that to yank his chain :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:40 am

Captain Metal wrote:I think Jesus just tells him that to yank his chain :lol:

i have realized that massive drug addicts and people who kill do bad things, become Jesus freaks in place of the drugs or killing patterns....
    Last edited by TOM CRUISE on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 = 10th UMC cruise and black survivor status! Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:50 am

The problem is the rehab system in the states.
    Nikki sixx even when he needed to refused to go to rehab because he didn't want to become a Jesus loving Zombie.
    Just remember the quality of music these artists released when they were bad guys' and on drugs '
    It was far superior to the music they produce now.Such drastic changes in life like when they come out of rehab affect their music.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:06 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:i have realized that massive drug addicts and people who kill do bad things, because Jesus freaks in place of the drugs or killing patterns....
    No matter how many times I read it, I still can't piece it together. One of us needs more sleep I suppose :lol:

Metalwrath wrote:The problem is the rehab system in the states.
    Nikki sixx even when he needed to refused to go to rehab because he didn't want to become a Jesus loving Zombie.
    Just remember the quality of music these artists released when they were bad guys' and on drugs '
    It was far superior to the music they produce now.Such drastic changes in life like when they come out of rehab affect their music.

Someone with more focus and writing skill than I have should write a book on this topic. As a musician who has enjoyed many a shitfaced jam session as well as the pitfalls that being loaded and trying to perform can create, all I can say is that there's a whole bunch of very fine lines in tricky equations mixed up in these issues. Drugs (including alcohol) definitely open up lots of creative pathways in the mental/emotional realms but they can also hamper performance and ruin many aspects of a person's life. I think many of the greatest creative minds also just happen to be bestowed upon some of the most messed up individuals who end up using substances not just socially or creatively but also to medicate the internal conflicts and pain they experience. It's no wonder so many have blazed so brightly only to crash, burn and either disappear or fade away before too long. Life's funny.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:00 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:i have realized that massive drug addicts and people who kill do bad things, because Jesus freaks in place of the drugs or killing patterns....
    No matter how many times I read it, I still can't piece it together. One of us needs more sleep I suppose :lol:

Fixed. its that BC bud, not more sleep. Less weed maybe.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 = 10th UMC cruise and black survivor status! Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
  • Rayzor
    Petty Officer

by Rayzor » Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:08 am

This has probably been beat to death on a few threads here but I will +1 for Motorhead and Heaven and Hell. Both bands owe me a concert.

Not really, but I don't get to see many shows and Sabbath canceled the chance I had to see them with Dio. Motorhead canceled twice and Mother Nature blocked my access to a third show so seeing these bands would be on par with finally seeing Saxon after thirty years of thinking I would never get the chance.
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

SAXON JACKSON

by zummazumma » Thu Apr 22, 2010 4:15 pm

SAXON!!!! "I've got to rock, to stay alive."

I think I'm most excited about Saxon right now. That's Heavy Metal History, Man.

>>so seeing these bands would be on par with finally seeing Saxon after thirty years of thinking I would never get the chance.
  • metalmas
    Wiper

by metalmas » Sat Apr 24, 2010 5:19 am

This is cabin 3569.

Some suggestions;

kataklysm, a must
    slayer, legends
    vader, polish pride
    bloodbath, sweden quality
    kreator, thrash gods
    bolt-thrower, benediction, still strong from the uk
    vomitory, old school
    desaster, koblenz crazyheads
    exciter, you know why.
    deicide,morbid angel, hell yeah !!!

and from our country holland as support acts,

legion of the damned, our thrash pride
    hail of bullets, asphyx ,v druunen ( pestilence ) must be there !!!
    romperprop, grindcore from eindhoven, great live shows and crazy as hell.

bang your f**cking heads for the master in hell, break your f**cking neck.

mr. and mrs. metal from eindhoven ( dynamo ) holland.
  • FutileEternity
    Oiler

by FutileEternity » Mon Apr 26, 2010 8:33 pm

Now I realize a lot of these bands don't have headliner type followings, but I really want to see more bands that aren't regularly touring North America. It would make this thing a lot more special and feel more festival-like. I don't want to see a bunch of bands like Amon Amarth, who tour here a good deal.

Any of these bands would be massive for me:

Power/Progressive: Blind Guardian, Iced Earth (who can't tour much due to Barlow's work commitments), Helloween, Sabaton, Mystic Prophecy, Threshold, Evergrey, Pain of Salvation. With Iced Earth and Blind Guardian, you could even fathom the possibility of Demons & Wizards. That would be amazing!

Thrash: Legion of the Damned, Impious, The Crown, Sacred Reich, Dew-Scented, Thanatos, Exhorder, Carnal Forge, Annihilator, Holy Moses, Tankard, One Man Army and the Undead Quartet. Yeah, I'm a thrash freak.

Death: Anata, Morbid Angel, Bloodbath, Debauchery, Skinless.

Black: Dark Funeral, Darkthrone, Carpathian Forest. Immortal, Graveworm, Naglfar, Ragnarok.

Melodic Death: Omnium Gatherum, Neaera, Nightrage, Burden of Grief, Fragments of Unbecoming, Insomnium, Kalmah, Eternal Tears of Sorrow, Skyfire, Heaven Shall Burn (they would be tough with their limited touring time), Norther.

Gothic/Doom: Poisonblack, Novembre, My Dying Bride, Paradise Lost, Anathema, Triptykon, Crematory, Before the Dawn.

Folk: Agalloch, Equilibrium, Thyrfing, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter.

A few may be headline-worthy, most aren't. But I'd kill for a couple of those bands to make this.
    Veteran of 2011 and 2012

At the Gates, Anata, Before the Dawn, Debauchery, Equilibrium, Mercenary, Holy Moses, Impious, Insomnium, Legion of the Damned, Kalmah, Skyfire, Omnium Gatherum, Bolt Thrower, The Crown, Witchery, Night in Gales
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:31 pm

The Headliners are still not announced.
    This thread is for suggestions who may be headlining.
    There is a different thread for Genres you want.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:21 am

And in the spirit of potential headliners, how about Halford?

Considering that Judas Priest seems to be taking 2010 off and Rob is touring with his own band again (starting this Summer), I'd say they would make excellent addition in place of the Priest :headbanger:

Now hopefully he also takes some of this time to release Halford IV already
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    Dark Dreams
    Petty Officer

by Dark Dreams » Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:07 pm

Captain Metal wrote:And in the spirit of potential headliners, how about Halford?

Considering that Judas Priest seems to be taking 2010 off and Rob is touring with his own band again (starting this Summer), I'd say they would make excellent addition in place of the Priest :headbanger:

Now hopefully he also takes some of this time to release Halford IV already

The same thing was already mentioned, but I don't think that Halford would like to be locked up with 2,000 fans for 4 days... unfortunately, but who knows...
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:11 pm

I don't anybody else really mentioned Halford before, but Judas Priest has been beaten to death around here. I did however mention a similar idea previously involving Bruce Dickinson and his solo band, so perhaps you're thinking of that. I think either or better yet, both, would fit the bill nicely.
    Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer

by Schluckspecht666 » Fri Apr 30, 2010 3:49 am

Captain Metal wrote: Rob is touring with his own band again

and also his own teleprompter!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Apr 30, 2010 6:52 am

Schluckspecht666 wrote:
    Captain Metal wrote: Rob is touring with his own band again

and also his own teleprompter!

Ewww... say it isn't so!

Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:14 pm

I believe it is indeed so, but then again I think he's been using one for a few years now anyway, at least for some songs. I don't think he uses one the entire time, maybe just for the songs he hasn't done as much or in awhile. He's not getting any younger at 58, so his memory might not be quite as sharp as it once was. Of course wearing all those leather and silver spoon covered jackets can take the wind out of you a bit as well. And yes, I've actually seen him wearing something like that :lol:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Fri Apr 30, 2010 1:30 pm

Yeah, I guess I shouldn't begrudge him the tech support. When I first heard that Ozzy had been using one on the Reunion tour shows, I was sort of appalled but I'm younger than these guys are and my memory's starting to be less than it once was. Pretty huge song catalogues in both their careers to expect to remember all those lyrics I guess. Even the mightiest some day fall eh?

Now, I know they'd likely command way too much coin to be afforded by the organizers of our sweet event... but I just read this on KNAC.com and since their big farewell tour schedule currently only goes to mid-November, wouldn't it be cool if they somehow got talking with Uli and made plans to join us?...

Quoted from KNAC:

The Scorpions are currently on their massive Get Your Sting and Blackout Tour which is the band’s final trek in support of their last album ever, Sting in the Tail.

With a giant catalog, the group promises to play classics as well as new songs and even some tracks they haven’t performed ...in a long time.

Singer Klaus Meine revealed there might be some surprises, too. "Well, at some part of the tour, we might have [former members] Uli Jon Roth, Michael Schenker, Herman Rarebell joining us for maybe a few shows. Nothing’s planned yet, it depends on their schedule as well, but they’re more than welcome to do something like A Night to Remember and play songs that are connected with this moment in time when they were with the band.”

The Scorpions play in Minsk, Belarus tomorrow. Their complete tour schedule is available at The-Scorpions.com.

KK Cruiser
    Petty Officer

by KK Cruiser » Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:55 pm

Herman is out of the Scorps? SHIIIT Where have I been?
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Sat May 01, 2010 12:20 am

Rarebell hasn't been in that band for 15 years, but nobody was paying that much attention at the time, so it's understandable
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat May 01, 2010 1:53 am

Talk about putting your foot in it. When the big announcement was made many months ago about their new, final album, it reminded me of a cassette I had years ago called Herman Ze German & Friends. There were a couple songs on there I really liked and I couldn't find a copy in any store or online or anything so I messaged Rarebell on his myspace page, not really expecting a reply as so many artists' pages are run by fans or agencies etc. Well, I never did get a reply. Then the album came out and I was looking at the credits and saw he wasn't involved. Then I did my research and saw just for how very LONG he hasn't been involved. Then I remembered I'd signed off my message to him on myspace with something like, "Can't wait for the new album and tour. Have a great time on the road"

Ugh

Sent a humble, "Sorry for being an ill-informed Ahole" message back on myspace but that too has received no reply lol.

:oops: Oh the shame haha

• elvenc
    Oiler

by elvenc » Sat May 01, 2010 8:31 am

Children of bodom should be on this list! Evergrey, opeth are always fun although not really headliners...
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Sun May 02, 2010 10:57 am

For a headliner, I vote for the following:

-Manowar
    -Kamelot

To be able to hang out with the mighty Kings of Metal for 4 days would be an awesome experience!! :cheers:
    Manowar wrote:Come here! REMOOOOOOOOOOVE YOUR GARMENTS!

DragonLordJones wrote:judge no 2

oh by the way I'm partially blind so I hope they come in braille :cheers: :lol:
    raising_iron
    Wiper

by raising_iron » Sun May 02, 2010 12:16 pm

Due to the limited nature these bands perform live, I'd like to see any (or ALL!) of the following:

My Dying Bride
    Bloodbath
    Agalloch
    Immortal
    Jag Panzer
    Place of Skulls
    Virgin Black
    Witchfinder General
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Mon May 03, 2010 3:10 pm

Immortal would be awesome! Can you imagine hanging out with those guys for 4 days??? :metalguy:

Metal Heart
    Crewman

by Metal Heart » Mon May 03, 2010 5:45 pm

Bro no fucking slayer I am so over that band. As far as headliners I would love to see Helloween or Gamma Ray announced and I would shit myself if MANOWAR signed on. Also I would love Hypocrisy Amorphis Tankard Nevermore Stormwarrior god damn theres a lot of bands I would love to see. I bailed on my wacken tickets this year for this because their line up sucked
    (compared to other years) so I am keeping my fingers crossed for some epicness.

PS doesn't seem like running wild should come out of "retirement" for this?

Keep It True,

Ryan
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon May 03, 2010 6:06 pm

raising_iron wrote:Due to the limited nature these bands perform live, I'd like to see any (or ALL!) of the following:

My Dying Bride
    Bloodbath

Here here my good man. :shred: :deathmetal: :shred: :deathmetal:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue May 04, 2010 4:20 am

grimmy82 wrote:For a headliner, I vote for the following:

-Manowar
    -Kamelot

To be able to hang out with the mighty Kings of Metal for 4 days would be an awesome experience!! :cheers:

Unfortunatly they charge for that now.Besides they won't play in the states cause apparently no promoter has 'the balls(cash) ' to book them.
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Tue May 04, 2010 9:06 am

Since we're voting...

I'm putting mine in for HELLOWEEN

They were absolutely AMAZING when I saw them maybe a year and a half ago. Only chance I've gotten and I took it. I shoulda included them in the "best show ever" thread.
    zummazumma
    Petty Officer

by zummazumma » Tue May 04, 2010 6:45 pm

Headliner = Rob Zombie
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue May 04, 2010 11:35 pm

It doesn't really matter to me what the headliners are since none of my favourites are "bigger" bands. Or could anyone see Dying Fetus or Primordial headlining? :D
    Ah, Bruce Dickinson(without Maiden that is) might be ok.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed May 05, 2010 4:25 am

zummazumma wrote:Headliner = Rob Zombie

It's a metal cruise......
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Wed May 05, 2010 8:54 am

Memnoch wrote:It doesn't really matter to me what the headliners are since none of my favourites are "bigger" bands. Or could anyone see Dying Fetus or Primordial headlining? :D
    Ah, Bruce Dickinson(without Maiden that is) might be ok.

LOL... yeah the times I've seen Dying Fetus were in a nice cozy little club! (not complaining)
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Wed May 05, 2010 1:07 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    grimmy82 wrote:For a headliner, I vote for the following:

-Manowar
    -Kamelot

Unfortunatly they charge for that now.Besides they won't play in the states cause apparently no promoter has 'the balls(cash) ' to book them.

I love Manowar but man that sucks.
    It would be so awesome if they played the cruise. Ah well. I can dream I guess. :cry:

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu May 06, 2010 6:39 am

Ah i love them too but like a lot of people have mentioned on their official forums they are the only band that don't tour their own country.Which i think is fucking rediculous.
    grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:39 am

I heard they MIGHT tour the US this year and tickets would be $100!!!!!!!!!!
    Of course....I'll pay :lol:

junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Thu May 06, 2010 9:47 am

I can imagine:

$100 to get in the door, plus $100 for every 5 ft. that you get closer to the stage.

Then $500 if you want to take a picture of them...

greedy, greedy bastards.
    Have a good time...all the time.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Thu May 06, 2010 9:49 am

An arm, leg, your left nut, and your first born for a manowar shirt.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

grimmy82
    Petty Officer

by grimmy82 » Thu May 06, 2010 10:15 am

I'm selling my family to go. :lol:
    Kidding kidding...
    Manowar needs to make shirts that say "Remove your garments". I would SO buy one!!! :lol:

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu May 06, 2010 10:49 am

I saw them twice on their first world tour leg.Which was just them playing a shitload of gigs in Germany and 1 in Holland.
    Tickets for 65 euro a show .So yeah it is very expensive for one band.Then again there are some bands that charge worse :lol:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Thu May 06, 2010 3:50 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Ah i love them too but like a lot of people have mentioned on their official forums they are the only band that don't tour their own country.Which i think is fucking rediculous.

The simple reason is that no one in the USA gives a rats pattot about them. They couldn't sell out my living room, let alone a small club. But they can go to Europe and put on a huge stage production for thousands of people. Go figure. I've never seen them live but would like to.

Then again, Germans love David Hasselhoff :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
Locked 367 posts