Post Reply 60 posts
I like my steak Medium Rare
    Laura
    Commander

Re: I like my steak Medium Rare

by Laura » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:16 pm

That delicious "steak" is beginning to smell fishy to me. :?
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:59 pm

scyll wrote:Valid points from both sides. I used to be positive about the cruise, but things have gotten so silent in the last months that I have become one those who are worried. As much as I understand how annoying it can be to those who stay positive all the time, I think it's UMC's responsibility to ease those said worries. Customers are starting to bitch each other's way of reacting, so how long would it take for Andy to just come in and say «Hey everyone, stop fighting, it's all good, we're still here» instead of sending this goddamn generic email to those who dare to express their worries individually...

I don't care much about band annoucements. I'm already extremely satisfied with the bands that'll be playing, even if some might bail in the next days as it's been said. What annoys me is the total lack of news, the forum not being taken care of, the obscure departure of two important employees, the worries of bands themselves, the absence of a destination (and of the actual cruise!) on Royal Carribean's website) and the overall climate degrading between cruisers. Saying «Fuck you, whiners» to those who worry is a little harsh because those complaints are, for the most part, pretty valid. Especially from first timers, who're freaking out right now, and also for vétérans that assist to an unprecedented and poor customer service.

As much as I (and many others, probably much more than 5%...) remained positive in the first 100 days without announcement, I think it's UMC's turn to answer. I love the cruise itself, the cruisers, and I know I'll have a blast in january, but that doesn't mean we have to be taken for granted...

Isn't the reason it isn't on RC's website is because it is a chartered cruise? And by the way, I like my steak blood rare.
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:12 am

I'm not really into steak. Is it okay if I get a beef taco?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Sep 24, 2013 7:29 am

sageoftruth wrote:I'm not really into steak. Is it okay if I get a beef taco?

POSER!

Wait, I don't think I understand this metaphor anymore :oops:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:06 am

But steak is so delicious! Tacos are also delicious but I don't think I've ever ordered one medium rare. :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:19 am

mooyagi wrote:

But steak is so delicious! Tacos are also delicious but I don't think I've ever ordered one medium rare. :lol:

You can cut your medium rare steak and put the pieces in a tortilla. Now you have a taco!

I've done that several times at bbqs.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:21 am

X-Thor wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

You can cut your medium rare steak and put the pieces in a tortilla. Now you have a taco!

With steak sauce instead of salsa?
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:34 am

mooyagi wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

With any kind of sauce/salsa that you want. I usually use salsa (red one), because salsa is awesome.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:37 am

X-Thor wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:You can cut your medium rare steak and put the pieces in a tortilla. Now you have a taco!

With any kind of sauce/salsa that you want. I usually use salsa (red one), because salsa is awesome.

Salsa is definitely awesome.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:44 am

Never had steak w/salsa. Interesting
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Sep 24, 2013 8:56 am

:shock: .....What have I started?
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:15 am

sageoftruth wrote::shock: .....What have I started?

Not sure but I sure would like a steak right about now :dreams:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:39 am

Azazel101 wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote::shock: .....What have I started?

Not sure but I sure would like a steak right about now :dreams:

That's pretty much all I can think about when I see this thread... and here I go inadvertently bumping it...
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Ea-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-FatesWarning-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Krypts-/-Kull-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-Monolithe-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-RedMoonArchitect-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saille-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Strigoi-/-TombofFinland-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Bloodbath-/-DarkTranquillity-/-DeathAngel-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-InVain-/-Kalmah-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-OctoberTide-/-ParadiseLost-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-SymphonyX-/-Thyrfing
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Reminds me of the eye fillet steak I had at the Breakfast Creek hotel last friday for lunch.

$40 of the most awesome rare steak ever - and I didn't have to pay for it because it a work lunch. WINNING!

And yeah - I like my steak RARE. I feel like slapping these people that pay that much for a steak and get it well done. WTF???!! It's like buying top shelf bourbon and then having it with cola! :bitch:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021(?) 2022(??) Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Sep 27, 2013 9:26 am

cowboy71 wrote:Reminds me of the eye fillet steak I had at the Breakfast Creek hotel last friday for lunch.

$40 of the most awesome rare steak ever - and I didn't have to pay for it because it a work lunch. WINNING!

And yeah - I like my steak RARE. I feel like slapping these people that pay that much for a steak and get it well done. WTF???!! It's like buying top shelf bourbon and then having it with cola! :bitch:

I may not be into steak, but I certainly like my sushi extra rare (Doesn't get much rarer than raw). Damn! Now I want some sushi. I guess I'll give the beef taco a pass.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:06 am

sageoftruth wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Reminds me of the eye fillet steak I had at the Breakfast Creek hotel last friday for lunch.

I may not be into steak, but I certainly like my sushi extra rare (Doesn't get much rarer than raw). Damn! Now I want some sushi. I guess I'll give the beef taco a pass.

We can get some sushi when we visit in a couple of weeks!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:14 am

So my take on the whole radio silence:

I love the cruises. I've essentially booked every cruise knowing only a portion of the line up and thus far haven't been disappointed. In fact, I don't even think about band announcements. I know I'm gonna have a great time. I don't need to love 80% of the lineup. But what I have noticed is I'm losing my excitement over the cruise. I don't even think about it most of the time, which is a huge difference from how I was after the first one. Hell, I even forget to check the forum most days.

I know part of my lack of excitements can be attributed to having done a few cruises, so the novelty has worn off a bit, but I also think the silence from UMC is preventing the spark from stretching through the months leading up to the cruise. Before the first two cruises this was a very vibrant and active forum, which was great for new customers coming in because they were assured that this was an excellent experience and the excitement was contagious. Now I wonder what newbies think. This is a dead zone, as is every other official UMC site. It's a shame.

I won't say this is my last cruise but I definitely will not book blindly. In fact, to book early on I will need to have a wishlist band. Sooner or later I will have to not go on a cruise, since there are so many other places to see, though it is sad to think that there won't b a guaranteed place, once a year to see all of you awesome peeps.
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:31 am

I am hungry
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

by mindgrind » Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:56 pm

I don't eat steak, been a vegie for 23 years, but when I did my family hunted all are meat or raised it for food . :shock:
    2020 - Deck 4
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Oct 17, 2013 4:48 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:

Salsa is definitely awesome.

and you can add some vegetables :dreams:

Iced Earth-Avantasia-Ayreon-Nightwish-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Syrens Call-Epica-Satyricon-Powerwolf-Sonata Arctica-Tarot-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-LuciferianLightOrchestra