Post Reply 2900 posts
Forum Rank
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

Re: Forum Rank

by LadyBlackfhyre » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:53 pm

X-Thor wrote:It hasn't even been a year since I joined, but I love you all and can't wait to see you again next January. :bangers:

This

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
    Speedy
    Ensign

by Speedy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 6:17 pm

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:It hasn't even been a year since I joined, but I love you all and can't wait to see you again next January. :bangers:

This

Ditto! Image
    70k 2013 cabin 4008
    70k 2014 cabin 2565
    70k 2015 cabin 8687
    70k 2016 cabin 7607
    70k 2017 cabin 6667

70k 2018 M.I.A.
    70k 2019 cabin 7690
    (Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Vreid-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Arch.Enemy-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Demons&Wizards-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apocalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Draconian-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Elvenking-/-Epica-/-Equilibrium-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Grave.Digger-/-Haggard-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Magistina.Saga-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Månegarm-/-Невидь-/-Nightmare-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-OOMPH!-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Orphaned.Land-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody.(any.edition)-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saltatio.Mortis-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Serenity-/-Seven.Kingdoms-/-Seven.Spires-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Sonata.Arctica-/-Stahlmann-/-SuidAkrA-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-U.D.O.-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Varg-/-Vika-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-/-Xandria-
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Mar 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Laura wrote:^^^ yep - can't believe it has been nearly 3 years since I joined the forum - a lot has happened since then! (Personally & forum wise - not just for me, but for a lot of us I think... wonder what the next 3 years will bring???!!!)
    Hmmmm.....just looked at this - it had been awhile.

Joined:Mon May 10, 2010 8:28 am Last visited:Fri Mar 01, 2013 5:35 pm
    Total posts:4759 (4.63 posts per day / 2.20% of all posts)
    Most active forum:OFF COURSE (1853 Posts / 38.94% of your posts)
    Most active topic:What are you listening to right now? (645 Posts / 13.55% of your posts)

hmm, it's only 2 1/2 years for me:
    (4.33 posts per day / 1.80% of all posts)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:55 pm

alex_canada wrote:0.59. I swear I post more than that...it must be the fact that I joined before all you young ones.

I was going to gloat how I was one of the first but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu - Dildobox registered literally a day before me.

Muahahahaha! I registered earlier than most people but just took a while to get posting
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:56 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:I was going to gloat how I was one of the first but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu - Dildobox registered literally a day before me.

Happy 3 years+ to 70K and many of the first forum fiends family!!! :shred:

It's been great and just keeps gettin' better as the family grows :wank:

It is nice! Will say I've kind of lost a bit of interest in the forum, other than the hockey thread. Hopefully it picks up again!
    Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:18 am

Bam! 800 :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:21 am

Poser :bangers: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:23 am

KDibildeaux wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    alex_canada wrote:I was going to gloat how I was one of the first but fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu - Dildobox registered literally a day before me.

Happy 3 years+ to 70K and many of the first forum fiends family!!! :shred:

It is nice! Will say I've kind of lost a bit of interest in the forum, other than the hockey thread. Hopefully it picks up again!

I essentially just quit posting on the forum after the cruise every year until we have information again and the ball is rolling. Luckily, it came earlier this year than last year!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Blackfhyre
    Ensign

by Blackfhyre » Wed Apr 03, 2013 9:28 am

jodionline wrote:Poser :bangers: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

haha yeah well :oops:
    Demons&Wizards-RhapsodyReunion-Slayer-Sevendust-AshesofAres-StarOne-Ayreon-DVDA-SevenKingdoms-CivilWar-Falconer-KillingMachine-Avantasia-Hollenthon-LucasRhapsody-MacGyverMetal-ElvenKing-PaulDiAnno-BlayzeBailey-Twilightning-HammerKing-CainsOffering-AllenLande-BlackMages-PagansMind-UnleashtheArchers-AdrenalineMob-SilentAssasins-SonsofLiberty-Pyramaze-IamI-KnightoftheRound-ShadowsFall-Mastadon-Down-XJapan-IronFire-HumanFortress-Unisonic-Axenstar-Myrath-BlackMajesty-Heimdall-Stormwind-NeverLand-Fairyland-GhostMachinery-RunningWild-Yngwie-RiveraBomma-SavageCircus-DreamTheater-ToxicHalocaust-Bumblefoot-Dalriada-Havok-Revamp-AxelRudiPell-Hevisaurus-Savatage-SevenWitches-Accept-KSE-EricCaldone
    Sabaton-SymphonyX-BlindGuardian-Rage-Refuge-GloryHammer-Epica-Firewind-GammaRay-Hammerfall-IcedEarth-JagPanzer-Stratovarius-Tyr-Turisas-TwilightForce-Tsjuder-Dragonforce-Overkill-Edguy-Evergrey-Whiplash-MetalChurch-Heidevolk-Helloween-Ensiferum-Helstar-Wintersun-PrimalFear-Alestorm-SonataArctica-Arkona-Finntroll-FreedomCall-RisingStorm-CircleIICircle-AmonAmarth-Kreator-Nervosa-VisionsofAtlantis--Crowbar-Nightwish-Flotsam&Jetsam-Cripper-Izegrim-HolyMoses-Haggard-Nekrogoblikon-Poltergeist-MunicipalWaste-Bodom-Raven-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-HolyGrail-InFlames-Onslaught-3Inches
    IV
    2011 Survivor
    2012 Survivor
    2013 Cockburn Survivor
    2014 Survivor
    2015 Survivor
    2016 No Sleep
    2017 Survivor
    2018 9553
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:10 am

viathyn wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Happy 3 years+ to 70K and many of the first forum fiends family!!! :shred:

I essentially just quit posting on the forum after the cruise every year until we have information again and the ball is rolling. Luckily, it came earlier this year than last year!

Yeah, though I was looking forward to paying later :lol:. First world problems
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:18 am

After being in forum exile for the last few months, I still maintain a top 20 ranking. :lol: I'm trying to hit 3000 by January for my Lieutenant-Commander badge. :ugeek:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:31 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:After being in forum exile for the last few months, I still maintain a top 20 ranking. :lol: I'm trying to hit 3000 by January for my Lieutenant-Commander badge. :ugeek:

Try harder!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:25 pm

I'm coming up on post #666. It's got to be a good post. Right, Andy? :deathmetal:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:53 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:After being in forum exile for the last few months, I still maintain a top 20 ranking. :lol: I'm trying to hit 3000 by January for my Lieutenant-Commander badge. :ugeek:

Get your ass over here more often!
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Sun Apr 21, 2013 4:56 am

I've been posting about as often as Andy gives band announcements. :lol: :P
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:15 pm

SlaytanicE21 wrote:I've been posting about as often as Andy gives band announcements. :lol: :P

Nah, I think we've gotten announcements more frequently than posts from you :lol:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun May 05, 2013 12:51 pm

Man, remember 2011 when there were all the fun conversations around this place and people were levelling up on a regular basis? Seems like nobody ranks up anymore!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun May 05, 2013 1:25 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Man, remember 2011 when there were all the fun conversations around this place and people were levelling up on a regular basis? Seems like nobody ranks up anymore!

Takes too many posts to level up methinks. Plus, the fun conversations have really died down a lot as you mention.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun May 05, 2013 2:09 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Man, remember 2011 when there were all the fun conversations around this place and people were levelling up on a regular basis? Seems like nobody ranks up anymore!

Because people get yelled at for posting a lot now! :bitch: :lol:
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Mon May 06, 2013 10:46 am

I've been slowly ranking up -

Nothing wrong with posting a lot!!!!!!

X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon May 13, 2013 5:14 pm

Sub-Lieutenant!! :viking: :viking: :viking:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon May 13, 2013 5:40 pm

X-Thor wrote:Sub-Lieutenant!! :viking: :viking: :viking:

You'll be past me pretty soon.

Nice promotion, but the pay sucks

:cheers:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon May 13, 2013 5:52 pm

Congrats!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon May 13, 2013 7:25 pm

you're on your way!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Tue May 14, 2013 2:25 pm

looks like I have a long way to go for my next rank -

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed May 15, 2013 10:27 am

LadyBlackfhyre wrote:looks like I have a long way to go for my next rank -

You'll level up at 666... its easy!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Thu May 16, 2013 8:18 am

267 posts to go!!!!!

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu May 16, 2013 8:42 am

Less than 200 posts to the next level-up.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu May 16, 2013 8:50 am

I think I'm like 2700 away or something.

Edit: Exactly 2600!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu May 16, 2013 9:39 am

3585 for me... took me from May 2011 until the day we broaded in January 2012 to hit 3k, and the forum was way more active and fun back then, so the next rank could take me awhile

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu May 16, 2013 4:14 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:3585 for me... took me from May 2011 until the day we broaded in January 2012 to hit 3k, and the forum was way more active and fun back then, so the next rank could take me awhile

Yeah, it's been kind of slow lately...

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Thu May 16, 2013 7:40 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:3585 for me... took me from May 2011 until the day we broaded in January 2012 to hit 3k, and the forum was way more active and fun back then, so the next rank could take me awhile

It's been slow for over a year :?
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri May 17, 2013 8:01 am

KDibildeaux wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

It's been slow for over a year :?

I've been here only 10 months (!), so I can't tell...

--
    LadyBlackfhyre
    Midshipman

by LadyBlackfhyre » Fri May 17, 2013 8:21 am

ya - I've been here even less. I have no idea why I didn't join the forum at the beginning when Charlie did - for a long time I watched him browse the forum and participate -

I didn't realize how much I'd like it. This is my first forum ever

Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Fri May 17, 2013 9:26 am

Yeah, some forums are really tight-knit :oops: I was a member of a Metallica forum for around a decade sort of like this. We arranged tons of meetups at shows etc... looking back I`m still buddies with a few of those people. It never hurts to try and get to know the folks you`re going to be partying with!
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 17, 2013 9:50 am

The forum before any cruise had actually sailed yet (pre-Jan 2011) was cool in an intriguing kinda way because no one had ever actually met anyone yet in person (except in a few cases), plus pretty much everyone posting was going on the 2011 cruise - so you knew you were going to be seeing them soooon. Meeting so many at that year's pre-party and/or on the ship for the first time is one of my favorite memories ever. Some of those early forum top/frequent posters like Disaster Area, Captain Metal, Kevin, Debb and others are pretty much just on fb now - and then there are others from that earliest era like TOM CRUISE, Evican, ShoreSlayer, vikingbitch, Metalwrath and others who are still around - just not as frequently as they once were. I've been on several music & non-music forums - and there seems to be a natural ebb & flow, come & go kinda thing with a lot of people.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri May 17, 2013 10:25 am

Laura wrote:The forum before any cruise had actually sailed yet (pre-Jan 2011) was cool in an intriguing kinda way because no one had ever actually met anyone yet in person (except in a few cases), plus pretty much everyone posting was going on the 2011 cruise - so you knew you were going to be seeing them soooon. Meeting so many at that year's pre-party and/or on the ship for the first time is one of my favorite memories ever. Some of those early forum top/frequent posters like Disaster Area, Captain Metal, Kevin, Debb and others are pretty much just on fb now - and then there are others from that earliest era like TOM CRUISE, Evican, ShoreSlayer, vikingbitch, Metalwrath and others who are still around - just not as frequently as they once were. I've been on several music & non-music forums - and there seems to be a natural ebb & flow, come & go kinda thing with a lot of people.

I do miss those old posters. They were lots of fun. Activity will pick back up as the cruise nears. Now, it seems like there's really not that much to discuss. Most of the frequent posters have been on the cruise and know what to expect. There's not much "newness" to the whole thing at this point and really not many questions to ask that haven't been covered multiple times in the past.

I think ever since a bunch of people gravitated to Facebook, the forum has died down a lot. Stupid Facebook.
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Fri May 17, 2013 10:33 am

Facebook is good for that. If it was a little better organized it would be the death blow to all forums.
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Fri May 17, 2013 10:39 am

There is definitely a fair amount of activity on fb (both the 70K & Barge groups, as well as fb generally) - it seems that some people just prefer that format I guess. I like keeping up with fb (as best I can), because many cruisers are simply not on here at all (either no longer or never were). So, Ryan - you could always join fb. :P (oh, I know you don't want to ;) ) I swore I'd never join fb - but finally caved after the first cruise since that is where people were sharing pix and such. I still only have friends on there that are cruise, fest, or metal related in some way - and I have a (partly) fake name there so it's kinda fun to have a little metal alter-ego going on. I've been thinking of starting another fb account with my real name for my non-metal family & friends, but haven't gotten around to that yet.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri May 17, 2013 10:44 am

Laura wrote:So, Ryan - you could always join fb. :P (oh, I know you don't want to ;) )

:lol: Never gonna happen.
Post Reply 2900 posts