Post Reply 50 posts
Best cruise stories
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

Best cruise stories

by X-Thor » Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:57 pm

There's probably already a thread like this one, but I'm kinda lazy to look for it, so I will just create this new one. :mrgreen:

What are your best cruise stories?

Playing flip-cup with Fabio Lione is one of my favorites. :headbanger:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    viathyn
    Commander

Re: Best cruise stories

by viathyn » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:01 pm

X-Thor wrote:Playing flip-cup with Fabio Lione is one of my favorites. :headbanger:

Probably one of the best things ever!

For me, well, it would have to be when I met everyone for the first time on the first cruise. After getting to know everyone here it was such a cathartic experience to have some beers in the flesh! Of course, this goes as well for all you people who I met on the second and third cruise, but nothing beats losing my 70k virginity with everyone at the same time.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:13 pm

Yeah, definitely meeting everyone was awesome.

Pam organized this "heathen metal cruisers" meetup for this year's cruise at a bar called The Abbey. As soon as I dropped my bags at the hostel, I rushed to that bar. I arrived and met some of the most awesome folks I've ever met. We had drinks and later went to a bar that had Turisas in the jukebox. I don't think I have ever been as comfortable hanging out with people I had just met (in person, because I already knew some through this forum).

I am not good enough with words to say how awesome the beach party (and of course the forum meetup after the cruise) were. I am really smiling right now, just remembering all that.

So yeah, like you sluttily put it (heh), losing my 70K virginity with everyone was really an unmatched experience.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:25 pm

Hm let's see.

Obviously meeting everyone from all over and even meeting some of my best friends that I have now that happened to live in Calgary! -->

Flip cup with Fabio, epic.
    Hot tub mosh pit during Iced Earth (with Sodom's drummer)
    Dancing with Anka during Grave :mrgreen:
    Karaoke all nighters
    Snorkelling with Carly and Tyler the first 2 cruises. First one with giant turtles around 300 pounds, second one at a shipwreck (I totally stopped and sang Shipwrecked :lol: ) and at a reef where I actually saw sharks way down beneath the reefs.
    Herman Li's hot tub shenanigans was pretty sweet.

I loved how this year at Miami Beach that beach patrol lady was walking around being a bitch to everyone that was drinking and told us the cops were coming. When the cops showed up they started throwing up the horns and taking pictures with everyone.

Me, Andrea and Steve had that idea to book a bus to take us to Amon Amarth and we posted "anyone interested" and like 270 fucking people were like "I WANT ON THE BUS". I fucking love how that happened, I don't even know all of them, we're just such a big happy family.
    Yeah that actually makes me think, I've been to other festivals a lot but this one so much more than any other feels like it's a big happy family. Like, when I saw Mauro (Bonded By Blood) we were completely stoked to see each other because it feels like we all shared something really special.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:34 pm

Hmmm where to start....

Bonded by Blood chair pit on the Barge to Hell, most fun, ever.

Hanging out with Amon Amarth in the viking crown lounge on the first 70K for OVER TWO HOURS.

When I drunkenly realized I was at an Edguy set. I was really, really, reaaaally drunk. There was this moment of clarity in seeing all the power metal fans and the hazy thought of "this is not where I'm supposed to be..." drift through my head.

The first time we ever met up at Deweys for karaoke, there was about fifteen of us and it was a blast. Then the comparison of the next year when the place was completely over run by metal heads and the bar tender asked me if we were having a family reunion.

Hanging out with Stephane from Kataklysm in Boleros and laughing our asses off at Frank "the Tank" from Suffocation doing karaoke.

The one night on Barge to Hell where a few of us hung out on the top deck and things got far too apparent that we are all far too comfortable with each other :lol:

Dancing with Gnoff in Boleros.

So many memories...
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:36 pm

Stained Class wrote:Obviously meeting everyone from all over and even meeting some of my best friends that I have now that happened to live in Calgary! -->

I fucking love that I met you, Jake, Eric, Antonio and Symon through these cruises. You boys mean so much to me now :party:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Woohoo! A positive thread. I'm not a great storyteller so I'll just list some of my favorite moments. We all love lists anyway.

-The weekend before the first cruise. Walking around Miami Beach and throwing the horns to anyone wearing black. We all knew we were there for the exact same reason and it was an instant connection. I've never been able to be so outgoing with strangers.

-Meeting all the forumites at the first 70K preparty and at karaoke night the night before in Dewey's. It was so much fun to finally put faces to screen names. I feel like I knew you all already.

-"Your Boat Sucks!"

-Margaritas in Cozumel, swimming in Cockburn Town, seeing the 70Kers on the bus in Grand Cayman acting nicer than the people from other cruises, saying "Fuck this!" and getting the hell out of Nassau.

-Bus trip to Rock n Roll Ribs before the second 70K. I'm amazed at how smoothly everything went. Good food and good company.

-Multi-course dinner in the dining room with a bunch of forumites on the third 70K. Rhia's tableware drum solo was excellent. The conversation was as silly as could be.

-Taking the hotel shuttle to the port with Rotting Christ on the way to Barge to Hell.

-Heckling people from above the Windjammer with Kevin.

-Seeing some of the most amazing live music performances I have ever seen. Blind Guardian, Iced Earth, Therion, Moonsorrow, Moonspell, Enslaved, Heidevolk, Rage with LMO to name a few blew me away.

It's crazy to look back on how much fun I have had over these years all because I was dumb enough to believe a heavy metal fest on a cruise ship would work. It's also a little sad because I think this upcoming one may be my last cruise for a while. Never say never but there are other things I want to experience, metal and other, and time and money are limited.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:10 pm

- I missed the chair pit, gutted about that one.

-The captain in year 2 playing along with us and accepting the fact that we probably weren't listening..."please look to your crew now, as you will see them doing air guitar". The captain last time was lame.

-Hot tub shenanigans. I was in the hot tub with Etecc and a couple girls when Herman Li came in to test the depth and the feasibility the night before their pool show, so of course all of us came back the next afternoon and spent the whole day in the hot tub awaiting glory. Iffy to think in retrospect that I didn't see many people get out of the hot tub even though there were lots of beers....

-Years back I got some sweet Hammerfall socks. I lost one, but took the remaining one on the cruise. I saw Oskar from Hammerfall during Edguy's pool set, so I asked him if he had a marker...he didn't. So I just asked if he could hold my sock for a moment. No pictures, nothing to remember it except Snowy busting a gut after 30 seconds of awkward silence.

-There was one guy on my deck (the dungeon) last time who I don't think ever made it to a single show...he was just walking around and mumbling drunk at all hours of the day. He would leave his door open too...when I was making my final trek to bed for the night I would always stop in and tickle his feet, then sprint away when he yelled and swung.

-Rafael from Angra sang the one song in their set...I was blown away, I didn't know he could sing, and sing superbly at that. Maybe more suited to the sound than Fabio. Anyway, ran into him in a stairwell one night and said "my friend didn't know you guys, and he asked me why that guy only did one song when he was the best singer". It was adorable how the everyman worry and confidence issues came pouring out...he needed some reassurance I guess?

-My mom and step-dad came on years 1 and 2....he had a long conversation with Hansi about scarves. I'm too young to appreciate scarves I guess.

-Kareoke. Always an awesome, awesome time.

-EVERY year I opt for a flight home on the Saturday morning. I want to save money since it's cheaper to leave then instead of Friday night, and I've slept in the airport chapel every year. Last year was the worst by far. I burnt myself very badly on the beach that day and had heat stroke, and went straight to the airport. Every year I forget that they pump the AC to the max to flush out homeless people, and the shock combined with the freezing made for a miserable sleep. All I had for a pillow was $15 worth of the burger king daily special (I think it was the fish).

-The first year, my crew and I met up with some Swedes (?) on the beach who had rented a very nice suite. We went up there pre-Dewey's and all vomited a lot after drinking some licorice beverage. My friend thought he was all stealthy letting it fly under the table but he forgot it was glass. He passed out in a bed and got spooned by some other guy. But the next part is incredible: after getting toasted early on, throwing up and passing out in a strange city, he showed up at Dewey's in decent time and had a few beers.

-I ran in the Miami marathon last year...there was one other cruiser in it besides my cabinmate. Literally the most trying day of my life. I got so sick on Friday night...went to a pub for a dinner and early night, and my friend got lucky and stumbled home at midnight. I was out til 3 or 4 at Lush ending with fucking VODKA PONG and some crazy Australians (you around Dan?). It was great at the time, but it's no exaggeration to say I could not sip water or have more than a pasta noodle without throwing up. No food, no water for just under 48 hours...then running at 6 am, after taking the shuttle bus at 4:30. I made sure to write down all my emergency contact info since I fully thought I'd be carried out, but I finished decently. I think 400-500th place, which is decent out of probably 10,000+. I'm glad the cruise doesn't overlap with it this year, so I don't even have to pretend considering a redo.

-Flip cup on Vika's piano was awesome...are any of you Canadians and Norwegians on the forum besides Jake and Joey?

Infinitely more....
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:06 pm

[quote="alex_canada"]--Flip cup on Vika's piano was awesome...are any of you Canadians and Norwegians on the forum besides Jake and Joey?

PSsht I have a flippy cup and a roadie!
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:13 am

mooyagi wrote:-Multi-course dinner in the dining room with a bunch of forumites on the third 70K. Rhia's tableware drum solo was excellent. The conversation was as silly as could be.

Yeah that was pretty hilarious.

Let's see, some of my favorite memories include...

-When we were in the boarding process for the very first cruise, the sheer magnitude of how awesome everything was, how real it was... things like waiting in line directly behind Burton and very near Jeff Loomis and Van Williams was really the first indication of how surreal everything was.
    -Hanging out with Chris and Peter of Alestorm in the Viking Lounge whilst they ripped into In Extremo during their pool deck performance.
    -Karaoke nights - how can any time in here not be a memory! My two more specific memories are A) I was just about to call it a night when Joey shoved a "Red Bull Margarita" in my face, and I ended up staying up partying with everyone until like 8am or so; and B) Marlo convincing me to pop my karaoke cherry [that's right, I had never sang any sort of karaoke until that specific evening - apologies to all who had to suffer through it!]
    -Something about Kate's mom and buttplugs...?
    -Suppose this more or less goes without saying, but having the opportunity to see many great bands that I never though I would get to see, as well as seeing awesome performances by many bands whom I've seen in the past... and of course, meeting a great bunch of people in the process!
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Thu Sep 26, 2013 5:23 am

Our Plane to St. Maarten after the 2013 cruise left at scheduled at 11 AM from Miami Airport. After one hour sitting in the Plane without starting the engines we all had to leave - there was any damage found. so i left - wearing a 2013 cruise Shirt - and said when arriving at the gate: Welcome to Miami....
    A guy - older, small, baldhead, Kreator Shirt - came up to me and asked where i got the Shirt from when i just arrived in Miami and that it would be normally impossible......
    i explained what happened .....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes

www.lalasreisen.de
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Sep 26, 2013 7:11 am

alex_canada wrote:
    -Years back I got some sweet Hammerfall socks. I lost one, but took the remaining one on the cruise. I saw Oskar from Hammerfall during Edguy's pool set, so I asked him if he had a marker...he didn't. So I just asked if he could hold my sock for a moment. No pictures, nothing to remember it except Snowy busting a gut after 30 seconds of awkward silence.

-There was one guy on my deck (the dungeon) last time who I don't think ever made it to a single show...he was just walking around and mumbling drunk at all hours of the day. He would leave his door open too...when I was making my final trek to bed for the night I would always stop in and tickle his feet, then sprint away when he yelled and swung.

nekrobarr wrote:
    -Karaoke nights - how can any time in here not be a memory! My two more specific memories are A) I was just about to call it a night when Joey shoved a "Red Bull Margarita" in my face, and I ended up staying up partying with everyone until like 8am or so; and B) Marlo convincing me to pop my karaoke cherry [that's right, I had never sang any sort of karaoke until that specific evening - apologies to all who had to suffer through it!]
    -Something about Kate's mom and buttplugs...?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: These ones are awesome :mrgreen:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:48 am

Get off the plane in Miami... fellow cruisers everywhere I look... I proceed to make everybody take sad pictures with me... photos I will love forever and ALWAYS remind me of how much fun I had.
    Walking onto the beach with Fredrik, Laura, Ville and a couple others..*looks to the right*. "okay, where's that beach party?" "Oh, probably the giant black mass a few blockshat way!" Laughter due to sheer amazement!
    in general, its definitely all about that first time meeting everybody!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:18 am

70k 2012, Getting through immigration at Miami with my son, Alex. Guy asked why we came to Miami. Alex: going to the cruise. Guy looks at our t-shirts: Aaaaaa, the metal cruise
    Frank Mullen completely drunk dragging me to karaoke, saying he will sing Chicago. When he started I forgot to take the cover from my video camera cause I was crying from laughing.
    Sick amount of laugh when hanging & heavy drinking with God Dethroned
    After Barge hanging with Tomas Lindberg at Frankfurt airport due to huge snowfall delays

Stroops & God Dethroned picture - awesome idea but me too shy to get on it. The second cruise I was not so shy anymore.
    Malta completely drunk last cruise night cause of me & Seth (Barge-Behemoth)
    Great discussions with Andreas (Sepultura) at Hard Rock Café Nassau & launge
    Sick, sick, so damn sick after 70k’12 during flight back home and the week after
    Never sleeping during last cruise night

Meeting Tonje few times a day at “cigarette corner” and chatting with Birgit & Andy (skipper) at “cigarette breaks” 

I describe all of you as my family, I love you all, I love every minute spend with same minded folk, together listening, drinking and headbanging to the bands I love.
    But the most awesome, special and surreal is to share these experiences of metal awesomeness with my son.
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:30 am

Mal2000 wrote:the most awesome, special and surreal is to share these experiences of metal awesomeness with my son.

d'aaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

--
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:36 am

Not wearing pants for 9 days straight.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:53 pm

nekrobarr wrote:-Something about Kate's mom and buttplugs...?

How did I forget about the buttplugs? Great laughs.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:03 pm

Finally Seeing Kamelot live
    Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Performances aside. . .

2011:
    - Finally getting 'tequila' with Korpiklaani and "rounds of rum" with Admiral Nobeard of Swashbuckle
    - Nobeard getting so drunk he puked in his own beard and then still proceeded to try to make out with a girl (didn't realize he had vomited on himself)
    - Getting Samuli from Finntroll drunk to the point that he ruined their entire set. Sorry guys.
    - Playing basketball with
    - The fact that I STILL stay in touch with the guys in Swashbuckle/Blackguard, etc.

2012:
    - "PLAY SOME CHICAAAAAHHHGO": Frank's karaoke was the hardest I've ever laughed at anything ever.

2013:
    - Having some real-life band-friends on board (i.e., the guys in Holy Grail)
    - Epic 45 minute talk with Rafael Bittencourt -- my guitar idol -- about Angra. Boosting my confidence by telling me I should move to Brazil and audition to be their new singer :cool: :cool:
    - Making friends with Unexpect. And then going back to the airport with them and hanging out waiting for flights for like 3 hours. They're awesome.

Mostly the fact that it feels like an exclusive club. I've literally been on so many guest lists and whatnot since the cruise from bands touring through that remember who I am, it's amazing. And it's really all of you that make the cruise so great. I didn't stop smiling the whole week this past year.
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

by Malaka » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:06 am

It's funny, I was going to post this topic a couple days ago. you beat me to it X-Thor. :cheers:
    This is a combination of best cruise stories and favorite moments from me.

2011:
    Pre-party was so much fun!
    Travelling with Debb and Forbidden.
    Running into a sick as shit Paul from Swashbuckle near my cabin and getting him some Emergen-C, which made him all better. Saved the day! :mrgreen:
    Nevermore on the pool deck, followed by Marduk in Spectrum. It was on.
    Breakfast with Forbidden and Fernando of Moonspell, then Blacky from Voivod sits across for me and slaps his tray down with an emphatic and miserable, "fuuuuuuuuck." while rubbing his forehead. :lol: I told him, "we gotta long way to go man!" :lol:
    Playing craps with Burton C. Bell.
    Smokin' on the pool deck with Onkel Tom and my cabinmate Bart.
    Wandering into Iced Earth and Tyr sets, not knowing how awesome they would be.
    Moonspell playing Wolfheart and Irreligious almost in full. :beerhorns:
    Statue violations during Blind Guardian.
    Elevator mosh pit.
    Amon Amarth.

2012:
    First cruise with the ol' lady. She thinks it's so awesome being up on the pool deck, and as she turns around, Aaron Stainthorpe walked right up to me and started talking like we're ol' mates.
    Kobi Farhi and My Dying Bride getting to know Nicole and I by first names.
    Pizza with Aaron Stainthorpe before their first gig. He let us in on a lot of his personal life, which was unexpected, yet very relaxed.
    Corpsegrinder wasted on day 2.
    Kirk Windstein in the Schooner Bar, saying he'll win a fight against anyone in the room. Too drunk to put his own wallet in his pocket, Nicole had to do it for him.
    Karaoke with Frank The Tank.
    Dinner with Rob Barrett. He had a hilarious story about his Weimereiners.
    Skipping rocks in Cayman because I had nothing better to do. It was either that, or die. (Some of you know what I'm talking about... Marlo & Jake)
    Therion playing Lemuria on the pool deck. It was euphoric.
    My Dying Bride both sets.
    I was all pissed off trying to get off the ship. We hauled our luggage all over the place and couldn't get out. Went up to the Windjammer where I'm looking at my phone, and Andrew Craighan walked up with wish us a farewell and thank us for coming. I didn't expect that, but it was one of those "camaraderie" things that I knew about this cruise. I just didn't think it applied to the bands, until then.
    Snowy Shaw blasting "The Serpentine Offering" on his phone as we were debarking. I told him I appreciated his work with Dimmu while we were wasted 3 days prior. How did he remember that, I wonder?

Barge To Hell:
    Meeting my brothers in Rotting Christ and travelling with them and Kate & Ryan around Miami and to the port.
    Watching the look on Anka's face when I introduced her to Sakis at the pre-party.
    Sakis introducing me as his friend to Fernando Ribero and Fernando telling Sakis, "I know, he's my friend too!" Caught me off guard a little bit.
    Sepultura Arise set & Chaos A.D. set.
    Behemoth Chorus Line set. :bmhorns:
    Breakfast with Sakis, and his fucking mess that he left at the table. :lol:
    Ken telling a story about a guy who walked into Windjammer screaming cuss words. One of those "had to be there" things, but I laughed so hard I almost puked.
    Having drinks with a pipe wielding Attila and Teloch from Mayhem.
    Being on the same flights to and from Miami with Sacred Reich.
    Having several long intellectual conversations with Wiley Arnett in an empty Boleros Lounge.
    Enslaved & Behemoth under a lightning storm.
    When Warrel Dane told us about the dope dealers in Nassau; then 2 days later, Nicole saw him walking by and asked him, "are you ready for an eightball mon?" Warrel erupted in the loudest laughter I've ever heard.
    Spotting an isolated Nergal reading a polish book above Sorrento's. He politely declined my offer for some smokey. :smoking:

I'm sure there's so many episodes I'm missing. Maybe I'll think of more and post later. This post is long enough. :stagger: :stagger:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
    Dimma
    Petty Officer

by Dimma » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:52 pm

2013 was my first cruise after not quite believing the hype.

That changed as soon as i stepped on the ship. I decided within seconds i would be back for 2014.

Highlights.

Meeting Lizzy Borden and Marten Andersson in the bar, talking all things metal for ages, then being asked if i wanted
    to carry the blood for Lizzy for the pool deck show. And being able to watch the show before 'the blood' from backstagish.

Holding Doro up at both shows during the "All We Are" singalongs. And her signing the setlist from the pooldeck one for me.

General chatting with so many band members who were actually completely engaging and non vapid.

Meeting fellow travelers for the first time and it seeming like we knew each other for 20 years.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Hey so remember that 4+ months silence and all the bitching? That was hilarious.

Ah, the good ol' days.

--
    Pommesgabel
    Oiler

by Pommesgabel » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:37 pm

X-Thor wrote:Hey so remember that 4+ months silence and all the bitching? That was hilarious.

Ah, the good ol' days.

That was quiet a stressful time. But since then i have the feeling we are getting an announcement per day.

True story!

:heavydrink:
    Badgerbomb300
    Petty Officer

by Badgerbomb300 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:07 pm

70K2012-
    -Walking on to the cruise ship and thinking holy shit it's fucking real and then seeing Alestorm kick it off.
    -Overkill got delayed so I went to the chow line got some food and set down to eat with a cabin mate at a table with some guy, then realizing it was Paul Mazurkiewicz of Cannibal Corpse. Having a full meal and desert while having some good laughs at the table with him was awesome.

BtH2012-
    -Pulling back into Miami starring off remembering all that just happened on an amazing cruise and Jeff Becerra rolls up and we chat till we dock. Awesome dude.

70K2013-
    -Floating around in the Turks with a beer in hand and a smoke, chatting with Tusisas after getting out of the water and back to the beach chair.

Then hanging out at Dewy's, Heavy Metal Beach Party, and anywhere else on South Beach or the cruise with great metal brethren. :deathhorns:

And the random drinks with different band members on each of cruises kicked ass
    Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
    LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
    TheSalamanizer
    Crewman

by TheSalamanizer » Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:01 pm

2012 -
    Meeting Gerre, the singer from Tankard at Kill Your Idol the night before, then going with him and his friends and several other metalheads to the titty bar. Serious bonding time.
    Right outside of Margaritaville on Grand Cayman, watching some Australian dude piss his pants on purpose in front of a bunch of elderly tourists.

2013-
    Eric's concussion
    2015 - cabin 9375
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:33 am

TheSalamanizer wrote:2013-
    Eric's concussion

THIS.

That was definitely one of my highlights from 2013 as well :lol:

I love that between you, me and Bill we were all able to piece together what the hell he did during that black out period while at Johnny Rockets :lol:
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:56 am

Signing Canadian flag for (I think) Shoreslayer's dad.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:53 am

Dimma wrote:2013 was my first cruise after not quite believing the hype.

That changed as soon as i stepped on the ship.

Way to go :shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:13 am

Stained Class wrote:Me, Andrea and Steve had that idea to book a bus to take us to Amon Amarth and we posted "anyone interested" and like 270 fucking people were like "I WANT ON THE BUS". I fucking love how that happened, I don't even know all of them, we're just such a big happy family.

THIS. :party: :party: :party: :party: :party: :bangers: :bangers: :bangers: :bangers: :bangers:
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    pablov8
    Midshipman

by pablov8 » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:41 am

2012 was unique, my first cruise, all the awesomeness when I arrived to Miami shocked me and I was all shy (I'm a quiet guy, but I was even more shy that time).
    I think my top stories that year were:
    - Watching Venom's pool deck show on the jacuzzi with my new latin metal crew friends.

On 2013 I wasn't that shy no more...

- Singing The Bard's Song in the pre-cruise appartment we shared with my friends (hope we can sing it live in the cruise this year :deathmetal: .
    - Going to the beach party was awesome, seeing again all my friends from all around the world and drinking alcohol from all around the world :P
    - Tuesday night (before arriving to Turks) me and my friend Ricardo got super wasted on karaoke (there are photos, won't be revealed), we sang Aces High with Courtney Cox. I went to sleep at 7 am.... woke up at 2 PM in the same exact position I was when I went to bed. Didn't go down to the island :oops: :oops: :oops:

On both cruises David Rivera and it's violin were super epic karaoke moments.
    70K 2012: Cabin 4023 survivor
    70K 2013: Cabin 2587 survivor
    70K 2014: Cabin 2521 survivor
    70K 2016: Cabin 6369 survivor
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:44 am

2011-

Def. meeting everyone for the first time and realizing that it was indeed real .

Running into Tom Angelripper before muster drill and chatting and having a drink and getting a photo with him.

During muster drill watching Chuck Billy completely lost trying to find his station

After Muster drill I hear my name being called loudly in Bolero's, it was Dwayne (Bier Wulf) and he was all excited to see/meet me and said "Let's do a shot"" , so he made me call it and I called Jager Bomb and we did one. I also hung out with him after he came back from Cozumel and he was fucking polluted. RIP Duane, miss him.

Amon Amarth- They were staying right next to us on Deck 3 and were in our group at muster drill and were drunk and hliarious. They were speaking in Swedish, I had no idea what they were saying but was laughing anyways. They were video taping the whole thing and they posted it on youtbe after the cruise.

Amon Amarth on the pool deck- Had chills almost the entire time.

Iced Earth playing "WAtching over me" on the pool deck. Two weeks prior to sailing, my good friend and co worker Michelle was raped beaten and strangled and thrown in her closet. When Iced earth were playing that and the wind kicked up, I swear I felt Michelles spirit and totally lost it, ended up crying on Eric's shoulder. :(

Feeling sad when the 2011 cruise was over. Thinking "Do we really have to go now?" And "It's only just begun"!
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    nekrobarr
    Ensign

by nekrobarr » Tue Oct 01, 2013 6:13 am

One more story, and it only requires one word:

Gnoff! :mrgreen: :beerwink: :cheers:
    10-time Survivor
    I <3 Funeral Doom

Wishlist (First Timers):
    APaleHorseNamedDeath-/-Ahab-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Ataraxie-/-BalSagoth-/-BarrenEarth-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-Crematory-/-DaylightDies-/-DoomVS-/-Doomed-/-Dordeduh-/-Emperor-/-EternalTearsOfSorrow-/-Evoken-/-ForgottenTomb-/-Funeral-/-GhostBrigade-/-Graveworm-/-HellLight-/-Hypocrisy-/-Kuolemanlaakso-/-LacrimasProfundere-/-Loss-/-Luna-/-TheManEatingTree-/-TheMorningside-/-MournfulCongregation-/-Ophis-/-Pantheist-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Profetus-/-Prong-/-Remembrance-/-RevelationsOfRain-/-Runemagick-/-Sahg-/-Saturnus-/-SeventhVoid-/-ShapeOfDespair-/-Skepticism-/-SolitudeAeturnus-/-Triptykon-/-WhenNothingRemains-/-WhoDiesInSiberianSlush-/-WolvesInTheThroneRoom

Wishlist (Repeats):
    Ajattara-/-Candlemass-/-DarkTranquillity-/-Einherjer-/-Enslaved-/-Evergrey-/-Kataklysm-/-Kreator-/-MajesticDownfall-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-MyDyingBride-/-Månegarm-/-NovembersDoom-/-OctoberTide-/-RottingChrist-/-Septicflesh-/-SwallowTheSun-/-Thyrfing
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:49 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Dancing with Gnoff in Boleros.

yay!

I gotta be a great dancer, no? :cheers:

I miss you Gnoffi :cry:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:51 pm

nekrobarr wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:-Multi-course dinner in the dining room with a bunch of forumites on the third 70K. Rhia's tableware drum solo was excellent. The conversation was as silly as could be.

Yeah that was pretty hilarious.

-Something about Kate's mom and buttplugs...?!

Haha I hadn't seen that photo. And as I recall, it was about YOUR mom ;)
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:17 pm

Omg, this thread......... <3 <3 <3
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:18 pm

X-Thor wrote:There's probably already a thread like this one, but I'm kinda lazy to look for it, so I will just create this new one. :mrgreen:

My best cruise story is you. :oops:

:beerwink:
    Korpiklaani | Alestorm | Cruachan | Adorned Brood | Vintersorg | Einherjer | Metsatöll | Diablo Swing Orchestra | Therion | Haggard | Kultur Shock | Orphaned Land | Moonspell | Twisted Sister | Blind Guardian | Lacrimosa | In Extremo | Andre Matos
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:19 pm

ArlequinA wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:There's probably already a thread like this one, but I'm kinda lazy to look for it, so I will just create this new one. :mrgreen:

9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    ArlequinA
    Petty Officer

by ArlequinA » Mon Nov 04, 2013 1:58 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    ArlequinA wrote:

Is that... is that blood?
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 04, 2013 2:02 pm

:lol: :lol: That was just the first picture I saw on google images when I searched for "awwwwww". This would be the original picture.

um...don't ask questions. The message is what matters.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:27 pm

ArlequinA wrote:

<3 <3 <3 <3

--
Post Reply 50 posts