Post Reply 61 posts
Now Kamelot cancelled
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Now Kamelot cancelled

by last_candle » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:57 am

Captain Alex wrote:
    last_candle wrote:oh! just realized that this is indeed true! :shock:

Why? .. do you`ve some new info we don`t yet?

just that Kamelot cancelled - because it's on their homepage
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Tobbe
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tobbe » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:18 am

Check this page out to see what Thomas Youngblood says about the cruise and Kamelot's cancellation.

http://www.metalcovenant.com/pages/index.htm
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:23 am

What really pisses me off is that UMC is not even treating the bands properly. I wonder if it is possible to end up with a good lineup by acting like this.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:35 am

Tobbe wrote:Check this page out to see what Thomas Youngblood says about the cruise and Kamelot's cancellation.

WOW. Interesting :) Thanks for sharing!!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:07 am

If that's true, what no one can check who wasn't involved, that's not made to grow the trust in UMC.
    :cry:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:52 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    Tobbe wrote:Check this page out to see what Thomas Youngblood says about the cruise and Kamelot's cancellation.

WOW. Interesting :) Thanks for sharing!!

Dallas, you should've made this its own topic so that UMC actually sees this. This should be a huge wake up call. Why would anyone want this kind of pulicity? How come UMC cannot admit that they have done nothing wrong? Is a public apology really that hard?
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:49 pm

bodomdragon wrote:What really pisses me off is that UMC is not even treating the bands properly. I wonder if it is possible to end up with a good lineup by acting like this.

Judging by past cruises, it totally is.
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:58 am

X-Thor wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:What really pisses me off is that UMC is not even treating the bands properly. I wonder if it is possible to end up with a good lineup by acting like this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, which I might, but for what I've been reading, in previous years there were more people than Andy organising the whole thing. In case Andy was an incompetent - which I'm not saying he is, this is just a supposition - there were a bunch of guys who would cover for him and do a good job, which they obviously did. Now they left and everything seems to be in Andy's hands, which in turn doesn't look like a very good idea considerong how things have gone so far for 70k2014. So I don't think you can compare the current situation to other years. Just the same way as you never had six months of complete silence before in terms of announcements.
    Wishlist:
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:43 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, which I might, but for what I've been reading, in previous years there were more people than Andy organising the whole thing. In case Andy was an incompetent - which I'm not saying he is, this is just a supposition - there were a bunch of guys who would cover for him and do a good job, which they obviously did. Now they left and everything seems to be in Andy's hands, which in turn doesn't look like a very good idea considerong how things have gone so far for 70k2014. So I don't think you can compare the current situation to other years. Just the same way as you never had six months of complete silence before in terms of announcements.

Yeah that's not really what happened. Andy has always been the one and only booking agent.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:49 am

I'd take that interview with a grain of salt, since each story has two sides. I bet if you asked Andy, he'd tell a totally different thing and the truth would have been somewhere in the middle. I know everyone is pissed at Andy for the lack of communication but that has been the same since the first cruise and he always managed to deliver. For Kamelot being announced for this cruise, there must have been some sort of agreement and if you ask me, later on, one of the parties involved changed their "demands". If it was Kamelot or Andy, I can't say. But looking at facts, I'd say Kamelot are the bad guys here since it makes no sense to "not answer their calls and / or e-mails for months" and on the other hand you have Overkill saying everything is set and they have paid for ages ago.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    MLH
    Crewman

by MLH » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:28 am

NuuX wrote:I'd take that interview with a grain of salt, since each story has two sides. I bet if you asked Andy, he'd tell a totally different thing and the truth would have been somewhere in the middle. I know everyone is pissed at Andy for the lack of communication but that has been the same since the first cruise and he always managed to deliver. For Kamelot being announced for this cruise, there must have been some sort of agreement and if you ask me, later on, one of the parties involved changed their "demands". If it was Kamelot or Andy, I can't say. But looking at facts, I'd say Kamelot are the bad guys here since it makes no sense to "not answer their calls and / or e-mails for months" and on the other hand you have Overkill saying everything is set and they have paid for ages ago.

Doubt with the shit UMC is pulling off. And if you toss in contract there is no changed "demands". When other side isn't bothering with their side you know there is nothing new to the story. Especially when this ain't the 1st time similar stuff has been out there.
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:42 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

Yeah, like Joey said, Andy's the one who does the bookings. Nobody but him knows exactly why announcements take so much time to come, but he's done four cruises and all of them have had awesome lineups and were great experiences for everyone. So I don't know how anyone can say Andy doesn't know what he's doing or is incompetent and/or unprofessional.

If you book blindly, it's because you don't really care that much about the lineup. Last year a lot of people were also saying they would never book blindly again. Then comes Andy, announces some cool bands, gives discounts to veterans and we all go and book early. Look at the sales. He clearly knows what he's doing. Whether he can continue doing it or not remains to be seen.

Also, it wasn't really six months of silence. We had all the destination voting about a month ago...

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:19 am

X-Thor wrote:Yeah, like Joey said, Andy's the one who does the bookings. Nobody but him knows exactly why announcements take so much time to come, but he's done four cruises and all of them have had awesome lineups and were great experiences for everyone. So I don't know how anyone can say Andy doesn't know what he's doing or is incompetent and/or unprofessional.

If you book blindly, it's because you don't really care that much about the lineup. Last year a lot of people were also saying they would never book blindly again. Then comes Andy, announces some cool bands, gives discounts to veterans and we all go and book early. Look at the sales. He clearly knows what he's doing. Whether he can continue doing it or not remains to be seen.

Also, it wasn't really six months of silence. We had all the destination voting about a month ago...

I find your blind faith amazing. As I think it is totally pointless to argue among us, I will say no more :)
    Wishlist:

• X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:43 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Yeah, like Joey said, Andy's the one who does the bookings. Nobody but him knows exactly why announcements take so much time to come, but he's done four cruises and all of them have had awesome lineups and were great experiences for everyone. So I don't know how anyone can say Andy doesn't know what he's doing or is incompetent and/or unprofessional.

I find your blind faith amazing. As I think it is totally pointless to argue among us, I will say no more :)

If you book blindly without blind faith, you're gonna have a baaaad time. :P

(Seriously, though, Andy has so far delivered on product. That's all that matters to me. 4 cruises with great lineups out of 4 cruises. I have no reason to believe this time will be any different. The lineup is already really cool.

:cheers:

--
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:26 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    bodomdragon wrote:

If you book blindly without blind faith, you're gonna have a baaaad time. :P

(Seriously, though, Andy has so far delivered on product. That's all that matters to me. 4 cruises with great lineups out of 4 cruises. I have no reason to believe this time will be any different. The lineup is already really cool.

:cheers:

This +1
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:47 pm

^^ YES! This bit of optimism is very necessary right now. I'm in this for the long haul, so my fingers are crossed for excellence. I would like to believe that he's waiting to pull an ace out of his sleeve. He's done it before, he can do it again.
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:51 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:^^ YES! This bit of optimism is very necessary right now. I'm in this for the long haul, so my fingers are crossed for excellence. I would like to believe that he's waiting to pull an ace out of his sleeve. He's done it before, he can do it again.

Hopefully an Ace Of Spades
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:07 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    DJ Old Man Stares wrote:^^ YES! This bit of optimism is very necessary right now. I'm in this for the long haul, so my fingers are crossed for excellence. I would like to believe that he's waiting to pull an ace out of his sleeve. He's done it before, he can do it again.

Or a King of Diamonds.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    mgrock
    Petty Officer

by mgrock » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:02 am

Sgt. B wrote:
    meshuggah wrote:

Or a King of Diamonds.

And in the end we have to ACCEPT :shred:
    2012 survivor in 4010
    2013 survivor in 4010
    2014 survivor in 4010
    2015 survivor in 9242
    2016 survivor in 9242
    2017 survivor in 9242
    2018 booked in 7252
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:42 am

And in the end we have to ACCEPT the End of Green. :bangers:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    wut3v4
    Petty Officer

by wut3v4 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:27 am

To be honest, I wasn't all that excited about seeing Kamelot again since I've seen them 98,273,123,871,203 times! And after shows, I'd kind of get the cocky "rock star" vibes from some of the members. Maybe they were just tired and wanted to leave, I don't know. But here's to hoping the replacement is equally as good or even better!!