Post Reply 61 posts
Now Kamelot cancelled
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

Now Kamelot cancelled

by Captain Alex » Sat Oct 12, 2013 11:40 am

Well first with the cruise in which they had more money earlier to organize..
    The worst lineup ever..
    They don't make any announcement or news in 4 months
    Now the destination will be my country or the same island than the last year..
    And the band I was expecting to attend now cancel and UMC haven't announced this cancellation.

All about this cruise (this year) is a total desorganization and bullshit! and a taunt facing the customers.

Anybody who wants my ticket and can pay in full before 25 Oct or after that date paying the corresponding fee please let me know.
    Cabin Category: L - QUAD
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Now Kamelot cancelled

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 1:37 pm

" Due to personal scheduling conflicts"? What the hell does that even mean?

"Note* No concerts are Official until they are posted here or Kamelot.com" Sound like they were never 100% committed to doing the cruise in the first place.

I'm a little bummed as I never did VIP when they came to Brisbane as I thought "no need, I'll see them on 70k". Glad I still went at least.

Hopefully they get replaced by a weenie band I've never seen before...
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    MLH
    Crewman

by MLH » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:08 pm

That is only 50% of the bands I cared of the current line up.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:17 pm

Damn it. Their goes some prime nap time for me
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Oct 12, 2013 4:16 pm

Azazel101 wrote:Damn it. Their goes some prime nap time for me

not if nightwish are replacing kamelot, or edguy :lol:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:07 pm

The following bands have nothing posted on their website or facebook about this cruise, none that I've been able to find anyways. Carcass, Symphony X, Septic Flesh, Soilwork. Are these the next bands to cancel?
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:16 pm

I think it's time to badger the 70000tons office with phone calls on Monday. This had become an absurd situation. Just a thought: is UMC planning to cancel the event and is waiting to see how many cancel first so they can get their $100/person cancellation fee? I wouldn't put anything past Andy at this point. He is ignoring his lifeblood: the customers and the bands.
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sat Oct 12, 2013 6:48 pm

onenight wrote:The following bands have nothing posted on their website or facebook about this cruise, none that I've been able to find anyways. Carcass, Symphony X, Septic Flesh, Soilwork. Are these the next bands to cancel?

Carcass is okay. I had brought up the cruise to Bill Steer (I was so impressed with how I kept my fan girl emotions in check - the words "he'll be trapped on a boat with me SOON" just kept replaying in my brain :lol: ). He had forgotten about it at first though :?
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:13 pm

so much excitement I just booked our flights and hotel room :bangers:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    ravenous
    Crewman

by ravenous » Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:30 pm

13 bands "confirmed" about 100 days from the cruise...many bands across the globe telling fans they r going to cancel or don't know if it will happen with no word at all from Umc . Several veteran bands openly saying they got paid next to nothing when they did 70k and would never do it again ? The days of seeing "big" bands of any genre on this cruise r over without a major change .Get ready for 27 announcements of bands that will play for no money for a promoter that nobody wants to deal with a 2nd time. The word is out on 70k in the industry..and its not looking good.
    70k Survivor-2012-2013-2014-2015-2016-2017-2018-2019
    -/-Witherfall-/-Alestorm-/-Exhorder-/-Soilwork-/-Kobra-and-the-Lotus-/-Powermad-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Symphony.X-/-Iced.Earth-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Ghost.Ship.Octavius-/-Leaves.Eyes-/-Overkill-/-Death.Angel-/-Testament-/-The.Order.of.Chaos-/-The.Agonist-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Epica-/-Into.Eternity-/-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-/-Sacred.Reich-/-Sanctuary-/-Wintersun-/-Powerglove-/-Suicidal.Tendencies-/-Queensryche-/-Hatchet-/-
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sat Oct 12, 2013 9:50 pm

ravenous wrote:13 bands "confirmed" about 100 days from the cruise...many bands across the globe telling fans they r going to cancel or don't know if it will happen with no word at all from Umc . Several veteran bands openly saying they got paid next to nothing when they did 70k and would never do it again ? The days of seeing "big" bands of any genre on this cruise r over without a major change .Get ready for 27 announcements of bands that will play for no money for a promoter that nobody wants to deal with a 2nd time. The word is out on 70k in the industry..and its not looking good.

The cruise will go on and in my opinion some of the best preformances have come from the lesser known bands and I my self would like to see some lesser known bands from other countries. Bring on another Cripper Award winner!!!!
    If Kamelot want's to back out then we got room for another band.
    Sorry to the Kamelot fans but I did not enjoy what I had saw at either of their two set's and that is just my thoughts

See some of you all in about 105 days for the Amon Show and the rest on the boat
    Last edited by Azazel101 on Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • NuuX
    Ensign

by NuuX » Sat Oct 12, 2013 10:36 pm

cowboy71 wrote:" Due to personal scheduling conflicts"? What the hell does that even mean?

It means "we got a better deal playing somewhere else", just like Stratovarius that canceled first cruise since they got an offer to support Helloween on European tour.
    2011 @ 5535
    2012 @ 5527
    2014 @ 2039
    2015 @ 9675
    2011/2012 Hockeyagi Champion
    2017/2018 Hockeyagi Champion
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:10 am

It stinks that they are out since I passed on seeing them recently due to a chance to see them on the cruise. Hopefully there is a good replacement.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • rwalters
    Chief Petty Officer

by rwalters » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:41 am

It's never good when any bigger and more established band cancels. How many local florida metal bands are going to be on the cruise this year? 10?
  • Jöhn&Melönius
    Crewman

by Jöhn&Melönius » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:51 pm

Heh, Diamond Plate said they got asked 5 days before the cruise to be on board.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Tue Oct 15, 2013 4:03 am

Jöhn&Melönius wrote:Heh, Diamond Plate said they got asked 5 days before the cruise to be on board.

That's soon :lol:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board.
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Tue Oct 15, 2013 1:16 pm

I find it amusing that the Artists section of the 70000tons website has a link to Kamelot's website which says they wont be onbroad. :shock:
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Oct 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Castroh wrote:I find it amusing that the Artists section of the 70000tons website has a link to Kamelot's website which says they wont be onbroad. :shock:

I feel like somebody on UMC is laughing about that
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:54 pm

This is starting to make me sick
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    Castroh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Castroh » Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:36 am

Metaladdict187 wrote:This is starting to make me sick

Don't stress about this at all, this is nothing new for UMC. We'll all completely forget about this crap once we're onbroad.
    2012 - 2020 Survivor
    2023 - Booked!
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:44 pm

I once told Andy that I wouldn't care if he announced the entire lineup as we broad the ship. This year's cruise was one of the best weeks of my life and allowed me to meet so many awesome persons, that I decided I'd trust him to do it again.

So yeah, we'll all have an awesome time and I'm sure many great bands will be added to the lineup.

I look forward to seeing you all again and meeting those of you that I haven't. :bangers: :bangers: :bangers:
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Wed Oct 16, 2013 12:45 pm

X-Thor wrote:I once told Andy that I wouldn't care if he announced the entire lineup as we broad the ship. This year's cruise was one of the best weeks of my life and allowed me to meet so many awesome persons, that I decided I'd trust him to do it again.

So yeah, we'll all have an awesome time and I'm sure many great bands will be added to the lineup.

I look forward to seeing you all again and meeting those of you that I haven't. :bangers: :bangers: :bangers:

THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT!!!! :bitch:
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Wed Oct 16, 2013 2:16 pm

Stained Class wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:I once told Andy that I wouldn't care if he announced the entire lineup as we broad the ship. This year's cruise was one of the best weeks of my life and allowed me to meet so many awesome persons, that I decided I'd trust him to do it again.

• Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Oct 16, 2013 3:10 pm

Castroh wrote:
    Metaladdict187 wrote:This is starting to make me sick

Don't stress about this at all, this is nothing new for UMC. We'll all completely forget about this crap once we're onbroad.

I know. However, my wife and I were really looking foward to Kamelot. I just really sucks
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Oct 16, 2013 4:32 pm

Captain Alex wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

:oops: :oops: :oops: :cry: :cry:

I'm sorry, guys... If I knew Andy would listen to me I would have told him I wouldn't care if he announced Blind Guardian. I will tell him that next year. :cool:

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    xhead
    Crewman

by xhead » Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:26 pm

My opinion: this will be the last UMC cruise, this is already decided! - No good customer satisfaction required.
    In a couple of days the cancelation deadline is over. No further "expensive" bands will follow. Thats it... The "not announcement" is unprofessionel, untrustworthy and not explainable with personal reasons. They put up, that new customers book because of Kamelot´s performance which will not take place! It takes only 5 minutes to post this update in Facebook and on their website. If UMC haven`t booked any further bands up to now, how huge is the chance to get some further bands in that short time frame? And if UMC have already booked some bands, it makes NO sense to wait with announcements. I would be more than happy if I´ll be wrong. But the signs don´t argue for that :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
    2nd Cruise
    Deck2
    Arrival: ???
    Hotel ???
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:05 pm

xhead wrote:My opinion: this will be the last UMC cruise, this is already decided! - No good customer satisfaction required.
    In a couple of days the cancelation deadline is over. No further "expensive" bands will follow. Thats it... The "not announcement" is unprofessionel, untrustworthy and not explainable with personal reasons. They put up, that new customers book because of Kamelot´s performance which will not take place! It takes only 5 minutes to post this update in Facebook and on their website. If UMC haven`t booked any further bands up to now, how huge is the chance to get some further bands in that short time frame? And if UMC have already booked some bands, it makes NO sense to wait with announcements. I would be more than happy if I´ll be wrong. But the signs don´t argue for that :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

totally agree bro
  • Metaladdict187
    Chief Petty Officer

by Metaladdict187 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:29 pm

Captain Alex wrote:
    xhead wrote:My opinion: this will be the last UMC cruise, this is already decided! - No good customer satisfaction required.

totally agree bro

:givebeer:
    Me too :cry:
    2012 Cabin 2122
    2014 Cabin 2060
    2016 Cabin 2602
    2017 Cabin 2668
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:53 pm

The way I see it there are only two ways this can go now.

Either Andy in the next couple of weeks is going to come out with some massive good news regarding huge bands playing etc in a big "fuck you haters fuck you cancellers, this is huge, this is what I've been working on".

OR

It's gonna be half assed, bunch of unknown bands filling the remaining spots, and the end of 70k full stop.

Due to the mass of negativity in the air now and the number of people that have cancelled etc, I don't see any way that 70k 2014 can be a 'normal' 70k experience anymore.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:00 pm

cowboy71 wrote:The way I see it there are only two ways this can go now.

Either Andy in the next couple of weeks is going to come out with some massive good news regarding huge bands playing etc in a big "fuck you haters fuck you cancellers, this is huge, this is what I've been working on".

OR

It's gonna be half assed, bunch of unknown bands filling the remaining spots, and the end of 70k full stop.

Due to the mass of negativity in the air now and the number of people that have cancelled etc, I don't see any way that 70k 2014 can be a 'normal' 70k experience anymore.

I haz teh sadz. :cry:

--
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:10 pm

X-Thor wrote:

I would be so happy to be proven wrong (especially on the second point)!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:18 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:

I would be so happy to be proven wrong (especially on the second point)!

I do feel a lot of negativity, more so on the facebook group. I really hope that doesn't remain until the cruise...

--
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:27 pm

Absolutely - lucky its a closed group so andy never has to see that :P Otherwise he'd probably slit his wrists :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:29 pm

I'm irritated right now, but I don't think it will feel any different when the time comes. If there are good bands, and good people, we'll have a good time. Anyone who would sit on the pool deck all cruise complaining about problems that turned out to be nonexistent wouldn't be fun to have anyway.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:50 pm

It won't be quite the same for me as sooooo many of my fellow aussies are pulling out! Kim, Link, Stu, Dan, Helena - all out in part due to the lack of news. Steve and Pog - both on the brink of pulling out.

It will still be great to see all you other guys of course(!!!) but the lack of Australians will be sad :(

I certainly wouldn't be one to sit around complaining - might kick Piller in the balls once. or twice. though :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:00 pm

cowboy71 wrote:It won't be quite the same for me as sooooo many of my fellow aussies are pulling out! Kim, Link, Stu, Dan, Helena - all out in part due to the lack of news. Steve and Pog - both on the brink of pulling out.

It will still be great to see all you other guys of course(!!!) but the lack of Australians will be sad :(

I certainly wouldn't be one to sit around complaining - might kick Piller in the balls once. or twice. though :P

Can not wait to have another drink with you Dallas
  • Rivfader
    Wiper

by Rivfader » Thu Oct 31, 2013 11:51 pm

meshuggah wrote:I think it's time to badger the 70000tons office with phone calls on Monday. This had become an absurd situation. Just a thought: is UMC planning to cancel the event and is waiting to see how many cancel first so they can get their $100/person cancellation fee? I wouldn't put anything past Andy at this point. He is ignoring his lifeblood: the customers and the bands.

But sadly many of the customers continue to buy into this philosophy.

I made the mistake of buying into it once, and until tangible changes happen, I will not be buying into it again. Nor will I be recommending UMC products to my friends or anyone else I run across.

I wonder if the bands are treated like the customers...
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:46 am

Rivfader wrote:I wonder if the bands are treated like the customers...

If you believe kamelot, yes they are :p
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:31 am

oh! just realized that this is indeed true! :shock:
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:09 am

last_candle wrote:oh! just realized that this is indeed true! :shock:

Why? .. do you`ve some new info we don`t yet?
Post Reply 61 posts