Locked 61 posts
Why you should fear a festival cancellation
  • Dude Number 1
    Oiler

Why you should fear a festival cancellation

by Dude Number 1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:18 am

Shows do not happen with out ticket sales. You know what sells festival tickets? BANDS. It is in the best interest of the promoters to announce bands as early as possible. Early ticket sales is what solidifies bookings. If the promoter has the 40 bands promised, I guarantee they would not waste time with this slow announcement crap. They have announced less the half the bands. They are not selling tickets. With out someone removing a head from an anus and getting the job done this festival will be canceled. Yes there will be a cruise but the promoter has to sell the cabins or the bands don't get paid. 18 bands and a hand full of tickets sold will not be enough for this to go through. Would many of you be happy even if it was just the 18 bands announced? Probably. Will any bands show up at all if they are not getting paid? No. Will ticket sales for the cruise with only 18 bands ever be enough to pay the band and make this happen? No way. I've been on a Caribbean cruise before and personally I hate it. I would much rather fly straight to an all-inclusive resort than waste time on a boat where you have to pay for drinks. I'm only in this for the metal. My cabin was bought and paid for during the presale. If I end up with a cabin on a cruise with no metal then I consider myself royally SCREWED.

I'm worried and if you aren't then I think your being naive.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

Re: Why you should fear a festival cancellation

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:32 am

Dude Number 1 wrote:I'm worried and if you aren't then I think your being naive.

And, you're so self-absorbed that you think your personal concerns about this event deserve their own, brand new thread, even though there's already a couple going where your thoughts would have fit in just fine? In fact, one was bloody well started BY YOU!...

Dude Number 1 wrote:The rate at which bands are getting announced is a bit ridiculous....GET ON WITH IT!

Grow up or piss off man... I mean, obviously, you're welcome to stick around, share the excitement and the fun we're having with the bit of uncertainty involved. But, if you can't grow a pair and live up to the fact that life doesn't happen without risk, please cancel your ticket with the organizers now and take your negative fucking crap attitude and go back to blabbermouth or facebook or somewhere more suitable. Your fear mongering, cry baby bullshit makes me wish you were a fan of that justin beeber kid.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:10 am

SOme of us are aware of how festivals work in terms of booking bands and sales.Money doesn't just appear out of thin air after all.
    Some smaller festivals like Keep it True festival,Headbangers open air and Swordbrothers usually announce the full lineups in advance but that is due to such tight funding that they need to sell the tickets in order to pay for the bands and the flights in advance as soon as possible.
    As you can see most of the cheaper cabins have been fully booked atleast for this cruise.Now with all the problems they've been having with the payment transfers they may not yet have received a lot of the money they need to fund the band contracts but this i assume will be fixed soon enough with the new payment system they have and i'd be expecting some bands to start getting announced again shortly.
    Also they have a lot of people on a payment schedule of 4 payments.So maybe they are waiting till the next payment to annoucne another bunch of bands and have the intention of doing things on that basis.
    My only real concern is them being able to sell the more expensive cabins,Cause lets face it,A lot of metalheads are far from wealthy .
    Anyway i already did my bitching about how this is being run before.I think we should all just shut the fuck up and wait.There's still a lot of time for the rest of the bands to be announced . And besides us giving out isn't going to make any difference ;)
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:16 am

Dude Number 1 wrote:Shows do not happen with out ticket sales. You know what sells festival tickets? BANDS. It is in the best interest of the promoters to announce bands as early as possible. Early ticket sales is what solidifies bookings. If the promoter has the 40 bands promised, I guarantee they would not waste time with this slow announcement crap. They have announced less the half the bands. They are not selling tickets. With out someone removing a head from an anus and getting the job done this festival will be canceled. Yes there will be a cruise but the promoter has to sell the cabins or the bands don't get paid. 18 bands and a hand full of tickets sold will not be enough for this to go through. Would many of you be happy even if it was just the 18 bands announced? Probably. Will any bands show up at all if they are not getting paid? No. Will ticket sales for the cruise with only 18 bands ever be enough to pay the band and make this happen? No way. I've been on a Caribbean cruise before and personally I hate it. I would much rather fly straight to an all-inclusive resort than waste time on a boat where you have to pay for drinks. I'm only in this for the metal. My cabin was bought and paid for during the presale. If I end up with a cabin on a cruise with no metal then I consider myself royally SCREWED.

I'm worried and if you aren't then I think your being naive.

If your so damn worried about it.. get your money back. How do you know its only a handful of tickets sold? Dunno why everyone is so f'in worried about this!! They will announce the bands when they have them. If it's not 40 oh fuckin well.. what they have right now is good enough for me and many other people. Ya know you can always call them and talk to a human being if your sooooo worried. Its a very specific cruise.. you gotta love metal and have the cash to go on it. We all love to bitch and complain about them not announcing the bands but it's all in good fun! WHY would you book a cruise if you hated the last one you were on? If you would rather go to a resort then do that! Stop your damn bitching ...Do what makes you happy man.. This certainly doesnt!.
    :death: to you.. now quit complaining!
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
  • slaughterchick
    Wiper

by slaughterchick » Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:55 am

Wow there are some reals jerks on this forum. DudeNumber1 wasn't cussing any of you out so I don't know why a lot of you are being so ignorant. And the quote "WHY would you book a cruise if you hated the last one you were on?" - seriously? Does he have have to respond to that? I hope he doesn't.
    I of course hope the show goes on but I'm starting to hope that maybe they can miraculously pull it off w/o it being a sellout since there seems to be a lot of defensive and unpleasant people going. And it's very bad PR for the promoter to let all of this complaining happen on the board without responding to it to calm our fears, along with doubts someone else may get from reading through the forum before deciding to purchase a ticket.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:17 am

slaughterchick wrote:Wow there are some reals jerks on this forum. DudeNumber1 wasn't cussing any of you out so I don't know why a lot of you are being so ignorant. And the quote "WHY would you book a cruise if you hated the last one you were on?" - seriously? Does he have have to respond to that? I hope he doesn't.
    I of course hope the show goes on but I'm starting to hope that maybe they can miraculously pull it off w/o it being a sellout since there seems to be a lot of defensive and unpleasant people going. And it's very bad PR for the promoter to let all of this complaining happen on the board without responding to it to calm our fears, along with doubts someone else may get from reading through the forum before deciding to purchase a ticket.

If you read all the related threads, you'll see that they have replied to all the concerns but just haven't gone so far as to promise anything that, in all likelihood, they may not be able to. They're doing the best they can and have basically told us this.

And, again, if you read an entire post, you'd see that the guy you're defending did accuse us of being naive if we didn't think/feel the way he did. Personally, I do find that really arrogant and insulting.

KK Cruiser
    Petty Officer

by KK Cruiser » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:34 am

Well, it seems forum members have nothing else to talk about and are now eating their young!

I have seen this happen on other boards. Chill out! Drama.....
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:45 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    slaughterchick wrote:Wow there are some reals jerks on this forum. DudeNumber1 wasn't cussing any of you out so I don't know why a lot of you are being so ignorant. And the quote "WHY would you book a cruise if you hated the last one you were on?" - seriously? Does he have have to respond to that? I hope he doesn't.

If you read all the related threads, you'll see that they have replied to all the concerns but just haven't gone so far as to promise anything that, in all likelihood, they may not be able to. They're doing the best they can and have basically told us this.

And, again, if you read an entire post, you'd see that the guy you're defending did accuse us of being naive if we didn't think/feel the way he did. Personally, I do find that really arrogant and insulting.

right in brother! I'm hangin wit you on the ship....
    And.. No he doesn't have to answer any of us... He posted it... We all respond to it.. That how's this all works.... :death:
    #2063 2nd 70k
    2035...for 2014!!!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:46 am

KK Cruiser wrote:Well, it seems forum members have nothing else to talk about and are now eating their young!

I have seen this happen on other boards. Chill out! Drama.....

No offense KK but the guy's been here 2 months and has started 3 threads that were completely negative and made 4 other posts, only one of which offered some positivity to other members. I don't think anyone's eating anyone's young. I'm just not a fan of trolls trying to stir stuff up over issues that the rest of us are discussing like adults in threads that already exist.

sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:57 am

Not tring to be a total bitch but there are a lot of negative comments... On a lot of threads about how this is being run. I'm sure we are all in good hands. If not... We get our money back and life goes on. I have my cabin booked and paid for.. Motel and air booked and paid for. I'm truely excited about this trip.. Once in a life time thing.. Be happy.. Think positive... Let things happen. :death:
    #2063 2nd 70k
    2035...for 2014!!!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:07 am

I am shaking my head in disbelief.

Serious questions about the cruise have always been answered. Here on the board and certainly the countless mails and phone-calls we get every day.

What makes me sad is the way this discussion board is turning out.

We wanted to have a free playground for booked and potential passengers to find cabin mates, get to know each other and discuss metal or whatever. In a nice manner. I hate to delete stuff, I hate censorship and I thought such a "small board" should work without having admins or mods merging threads, warning people for being out of line, deleting off topic and overly negative posts and so on.

Believe me we, the people of Ultimate Music Cruises, and that's not only myself or some of our call center stuff that some of you know from booking etc, that includes several other people in the company that work in the background, production, press, marketing, legal etc... we all read the board, daily.

Unfortunately we came to a point where we have to make a decision to appoint some moderators to take care of this board. I so much hoped we could do it without.

:givebeer:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:49 am

You know I am here for you Andy Bro. I mean I hate censorship as well, but that Dude Number 1 should be banned from posting IMHO. He has brought nothing but negativity to these forums.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:08 am

I've never been a part of a board without moderators.. this was inevitable and will likely be for the better.
    :cheers:
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:12 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:You know I am here for you Andy Bro. I mean I hate censorship as well, but that Dude Number 1 should be banned from posting IMHO. He has brought nothing but negativity to these forums.

Well Said!!.....We've got your back Andy....and you know who "we" are since everything is read on a daily basis....damn wiper's.....always poppin in here and startin shit!! :evil:
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Dude Number 1
    Oiler

by Dude Number 1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:22 am

I'm not sure what part of this thread needs moderation but .. whatever. If this festival is canceled and we are returned our money then thats how it goes. My real concern is that I need a plane ticket to Miami. A refundable plane ticket will cost me more than double of what a non refundable ticket will cost. I'm as poor as the rest of us and every little bit I spend is a big deal for me. I would love to save a few hundred bucks by not needing a refundable air ticket. At this point I feel it is still a questionable risk.

As far as banning me. Well I understand. Even though a forum used to be defined as a public meeting place for open discussion, an internet forum is not a place for free speech.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:23 am

Dude Number 1 wrote:I'm not sure what part of this thread needs moderation but .. whatever. If this festival is canceled and we are returned our money then thats how it goes. My real concern is that I need a plane ticket to Miami. A refundable plane ticket will cost me more than double of what a non refundable ticket will cost. I'm as poor as the rest of us and every little bit I spend is a big deal for me. I would love to save a few hundred bucks by not needing a refundable air ticket. At this point I feel it is still a questionable risk.

As far as banning me. Well I understand. Even though a forum used to be defined as a public meeting place for open discussion, an internet forum is not a place for free speech.

as mentioned........TRAVEL INSURANCE :D
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:31 am

Aaa has travel insurance... Not too expensive... Like $25... Well worth it. :death:
    #2063 2nd 70k
    2035...for 2014!!!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
  • Dude Number 1
    Oiler

by Dude Number 1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:32 am

debborah1 wrote:
    Dude Number 1 wrote:I'm not sure what part of this thread needs moderation but .. whatever. If this festival is canceled and we are returned our money then thats how it goes. My real concern is that I need a plane ticket to Miami. A refundable plane ticket will cost me more than double of what a non refundable ticket will cost. I'm as poor as the rest of us and every little bit I spend is a big deal for me. I would love to save a few hundred bucks by not needing a refundable air ticket. At this point I feel it is still a questionable risk.

How familiar are you with travel insurance? Did you purchase any to insure your air ticket to Miami? Can you suggest a company or website where travel insurance is sold? Do you know what I should expect so spend on this? Finally will travel insurance reimburse the cost of air tickets when canceling for "any reason" or is it only under certain conditions? :D
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:34 am

then if it is cancled (BIG IF, because I am rooting for andy of course :viking: ) go to orlando or something
    just buy the damn ticket!!!!
    the USA has a lot more to offer then just this cruise!
    I also have to come by airplane, which also not a cheap enterprise! but hey i'm going no mather what!
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer

by sheila » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:35 am

All you gotta do is ask... Some of us are on here daily(if not more) were here to help each other. Where you flyin from? I got my ticket from airtran for $100 each wAy ... Not too shabby! :death:
    oh and duchguy does have a good point... Even if u do fly to Florida and we don't get on the ship... Tons of stuff to do!!! :death:
    Last edited by sheila on Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
    #2063 2nd 70k
    2035...for 2014!!!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:40 am

Dude Number 1 wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:

How familiar are you with travel insurance? Did you purchase any to insure your air ticket to Miami? Can you suggest a company or website where travel insurance is sold? Do you know what I should expect so spend on this? Finally will travel insurance reimburse the cost of air tickets when canceling for "any reason" or is it only under certain conditions? :D

How familiar I am with the Insurance industry is irrelevent
    These are definatley questions you should ask your insurance agent....If you have car insuarance, home ownwers insurance...I would start with the company you already use and trust...otherwise...just google "travel insurance" and you will have several for your perusal....just contact them and ask all those questions you have concerns about. :beerwink:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:08 am

Banning was a joke and a bit harsh of me. I just am growing so tired of thread after thread about cancellation of this, that and all other speculations. The cruise is selling well. If there was a problem or something to be worried about, then I am positive we would hear about it.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:43 am

I don't post often on here, but I do want to say that I feel it was completely unfair to suggest the organizers of this event aren't properly doing their job. This event is undoubtedly a HUGE challenge, and I am incredibly impressed that we even have 18 bands announced already. I have been to many shows where bands were substituted and/or canceled at the last minute (including headliners), and when that happens you just have to acknowledge that things happen, suck it up and have a good time anyway! As Sheila has mentioned numerous times, I too booked this cruise based on the bands that had ALREADY been announced, and any further announcements will just be icing on the cake. While we would all like to have bands announced faster, I would MUCH prefer they not be announced until its a done deal; it would be VERY disappointing to announce bands only to have them change. And as Tom mentioned, the organizers have been very forthcoming about any problems that have been encountered. Keep up the good work Andy and all! :headbanger: :cheers:
    I want what we've never had!

Hypocrisy-Ihsahn-Primordial-GrandMagus-Powerwolf-Myrath-Hell-Opeth-Borknagar-Leprous-SteelPanther-Voyager
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Jun 29, 2010 11:56 am

If you're gonna do any modding you should delete the thsirt and attire threads *cough* ;)
  • ASH3S
    Oiler

by ASH3S » Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:24 pm

I'm thinking of booking after I get back from NYC this weekend. Just got to verify the details with all the kiddies I'll have in tow. Compared to me they are kiddies, drinking age but kiddies none the less. I'm not worried about any of this at the moment. Although some do seem concerned.

I need to collect a beer from shoreslayer so I'm gonna need to book.
    Captain Metal
    Ensign

by Captain Metal » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:04 pm

I think this whole thread deserves a visit from this guy:

Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:06 pm

Captain Metal wrote:I think this whole thread deserves a visit from this guy:

Ah yes....the infamous EMO TIGER...poor thing needs a xanex :cry:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    R8R55
    Crewman

by R8R55 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 11:25 am

Dude Number 1 wrote:
    debborah1 wrote:

Dude are you like 12 or somthing? Have you ever traveled becacuse every question you just asked was retarded and leaves me to beleave you have not purchased anything because if you have you would know how to get travel insurance. If this is the case you are here just to piss people off. so now you might want to check the who are you throwing overboard thread because i'm sure your on it.
    I got your back Andy! :beerhorns:
    BANG THE HEAD THAT DOES NOT BANG!
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:18 pm

Sick'm R8R55!!! :death:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:08 pm

so like 1 guy is like... dude this stinks... and then like everybody is falling over him and then he says we all be sock suckers.... awh well:P paying for the cabin is the least of my worries:P

last weekend at graspop there was a page wide commercial for 70k tons... no new announcements... but hey they are working... stop worrying drinks some booze smoke some stuff... and CHILL THE FFFFUUU OUT!!!!

now back to the booze:D
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:11 pm

Michaelage wrote:so like 1 guy is like... dude this stinks... and then like everybody is falling over him and then he says we all be sock suckers.... awh well:P paying for the cabin is the least of my worries:P

last weekend at graspop there was a page wide commercial for 70k tons... no new announcements... but hey they are working... stop worrying drinks some booze smoke some stuff... and CHILL THE FFFFUUU OUT!!!!

now back to the booze:D

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:13 pm

LMAO.....he said sock sucker! :lol:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:15 pm

i guess the other term would be edited... and i read alot... and the edits are gruesome affairs:P
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:19 pm

bah.
    this vacation is three vacations out for me. I've paid for it.
    I think its a bit early to get all hyped up about plane tickets, potential cancellation, etc.

YES this getting cancelled would score as a tragedy in my life and I know we are all REALLY looking forward to it. Getting all worked up over two hundred days out though is just borrowing trouble.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:21 pm

vainglory wrote:bah.
    this vacation is three vacations out for me. I've paid for it.
    I think its a bit early to get all hyped up about plane tickets, potential cancellation, etc.

YES this getting cancelled would score as a tragedy in my life and I know we are all REALLY looking forward to it. Getting all worked up over two hundred days out though is just borrowing trouble.

AMEN Sista! :beerwink:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    Michaelage
    Chief Petty Officer

by Michaelage » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:22 pm

but getting worked up and screaming it out on a forum like a little girl who got her candy nicked... is way better then working out!!

so let him whine... then i got something to do while at work/home :deathmetal:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:57 pm

There is no censorship here!!!!!!!!!!!! [EDIT] sucker, [EDIT] sucker, [EDIT] sucker

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sock sucker is about as funny as mother trucker.
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:11 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:There is no censorship here!!!!!!!!!!!! [EDIT] sucker, [EDIT] sucker, [EDIT] sucker

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

sock sucker is about as funny as mother trucker.

:lol: :lol: you're too much! :lol: :lol:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

by Andy » Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:27 pm

Rule number 1 of the board: Do not insult other users.

Start a new thread about the edit sucker in the off course section if you like.

:cheers:
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Jun 30, 2010 6:07 pm

who was insulting who? I was not insulting him I was telling him that we are a nice bunch of metalheads.
Locked 61 posts